The Must Haves

Discuss AFL Dream Team here.
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

The Must Haves

Thought this might be a good way to help out some of the players that have less experience, all the real competitive players can keep their smokies to themselves if they want but this is a thread for those players that every team will have and you're shooting yourself in the foot if you don't have them from round one. Michael Barlow from last year for example.

So far I have...

1. Andrew Krakouer (Coll) - every man and his dog is going to have Krakouer this season and if he is going to be as good as it is currently looking like he will be you will be kicking yourself if you don't get him at the round one price. If he doesn't go so great atleast he should still get games and go up in value at least somewhat... if he is a dud of epic proportions at least everyone else is in the same boat.

2. Cameron Richardson (NM) - Mature age recruit who has had an awesome pre-season, already the best runner at North and is a proven ball magnet, cheap as and should prove to be a keeper.

3. Trent Coad (Gold Coast) - Guaranteed to play every game that he is fit. The 27 year old has been around for years but has never managed to crack it into the AFL and this year is his chance. Keep in mind that he will not be a fantastic scorer. He will probably peak at an average of around 50 but sometimes it's best to have an emergency that you can just forget about, will go up in value enough for when you want to upgrade to that premium and should be in the side every week should you ever need an emergency.

4. Shaun Higgins (Bulldogs) - The guy is a gun and has had his best pre-season yet. Even when he has been injury riddled he has still managed to be a pretty good fantasy performer.

5. At LEAST 5 Gold Coast Emergancies!!!
Every coach will probably want to pick a different set but at the moment my list is -
Coad, Seb Tape, Bennell, Swallow, Harris, Danny Stanley.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Solar
Saintsational Legend

Good thread, hope more relise that these forums are now here....

Mine for what it's worth (not a expert but learning after a debut season last year)....

Andy Otten (adelaide) - 142 k coming back from injury for the crows. Will play lots down back and into the midfield. Should be a early earner to upgrade to a pie down the track.

Andrew Gaff (west coast) - very highly rated draftee who will get alot of game time early as the coasters need every midfielder they can get. Subi should see him rack up the possies.

Mitch Duncan (geelong) - was one of the few to stand up in the NAB for geelong and should play lots of minutes now junior has gone. Like krackour he is a midfielder that is a fwd in DT so a must.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I think people need to realise that because of the byes this year it is really important you dont have more than 3-4 players from one team unless of course it is the weeks that we dont play each other.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I think people need to realise that because of the byes this year it is really important you dont have more than 3-4 players from one team unless of course it is the weeks that we dont play each other.
Good point, also, if you only care about getting league wins, try to focus on players from teams who play weak teams in the last few weeks of the season, and if possibile avoid trading in players from teams who have byes in the last few rounds. (I'm not saying to ignore Dane Swan if Collingwood were to have a bye in round 24, just don't bring him in at round 20 or anything like that)

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:I think people need to realise that because of the byes this year it is really important you dont have more than 3-4 players from one team unless of course it is the weeks that we dont play each other.
This makes Sydney players very attractive.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Unless some of them are DPP's. I've tried to steer clear of more than 2 players from any one team on any line (DEF, MID, RUC, FWD), with one being a DPP to move around. However, that makes it pretty important that my rookies at least play. With the GC onboard, that's easier than it has been, but makes selections for the opening round tough.

I like the extra degree of difficulty, will really trip a few people up!