MEDIA CLEAR THE AIR?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

The media knives came out too readily .. hopefully they have 2 edged blades.

This saga (further) discredits the tabloid style journalism and let's hope there will be some resulting fallout (loss of readership for the H/Sun and Age and radio audience for 3AW etc..).

We as St Kilda supporters should do our bit (to boycott).

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:
Thinline wrote:
bergsone wrote:Would like to ask Liz Hayes a question

Do you after interviewing KD and spending time with her,believe her?

Because she certainly hasnt been truthfull all this time why start now
Liz Hayes, back in the day of Wendt, was quite pleasant on the eye, but watching her there last night, mug shiny with wrinkle filler, head tilted, nodding on cue, oozing faux empathy, well, I couldn't help but think she now has a head like a scrotum.

There. I said it.

Liz Hayes exposed KD for what she is. She got her to admit that she made the whole thing up about the pregnancy. She got her to admit that she lied about her age. She got her to admit that she only liked the footballers because of the talk they gave at the school. What she looks like is irelevant. I thought she did a good job and I really dont think that she felt any sympathy for the girl at all. Liz actually outsmarted KD. Some of the questions KD just wouldnt answer or couldnt answer. Geez if they had of sent a bloke to do the interview we may have never of seen him again.

A good journo brings out the facts, and I think Liz did this and you dont need to be pretty to do it.
Liz brought out what facts? You mean that collection of things that were agreed to with Max Markson pre-interview?

Are you suggesting that 60 Minutes is a virtuous pillar of journalistic integrity?

You're kidding me, right?

Staged. Ruse. Fraud.

But you're right about looks. They don't matter. CLEARLY.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:... But it was the judge in the Saints case at court Dec last year that surpressed her name...
The case was resolved between the parties, so the order is no longer extant i.e. it is not before the court. The agreement between the parties may have contained a non disclosure clause, but that would only bind the parties. In any event, anyone with a computer has known who she is and what she looks like since day 1, all of her doing.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
mullet wrote:
Thinline wrote:

Liz Hayes, back in the day of Wendt, was quite pleasant on the eye, but watching her there last night, mug shiny with wrinkle filler, head tilted, nodding on cue, oozing faux empathy, well, I couldn't help but think she now has a head like a scrotum.

There. I said it.

Liz Hayes exposed KD for what she is. She got her to admit that she made the whole thing up about the pregnancy. She got her to admit that she lied about her age. She got her to admit that she only liked the footballers because of the talk they gave at the school. What she looks like is irelevant. I thought she did a good job and I really dont think that she felt any sympathy for the girl at all. Liz actually outsmarted KD. Some of the questions KD just wouldnt answer or couldnt answer. Geez if they had of sent a bloke to do the interview we may have never of seen him again.

A good journo brings out the facts, and I think Liz did this and you dont need to be pretty to do it.
Liz brought out what facts? You mean that collection of things that were agreed to with Max Markson pre-interview?

Are you suggesting that 60 Minutes is a virtuous pillar of journalistic integrity?

You're kidding me, right?

Staged. Ruse. Fraud.

But you're right about looks. They don't matter. CLEARLY.
The biggest omission I thought, was the fact she met them in a nightclub that required patrons to be 18+

So it wasn't just her admission that she lied about her age knowing they'd have nothing to do with her, it's the fact the venue gave huge credibility to her claim she was 19yo.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

More Dowsley gold in thye latest HS update:

UPDATE 3pm: RICKY Nixon failed to turn up for work today as debate rages over the St Kilda schoolgirl's credibility after she admitted to lying about a pregnancy.

Her credit is debatable???

My Lord. This bloke's pit is getting deeper by the second...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:You mean that collection of things that were agreed to with Max Markson pre-interview?
Max Markson is now guiding Kim? Did I miss this piece of gold?

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

waiting for the "Sam Gilbert shoots blanks" headline in the next few weeks.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:More Dowsley gold in thye latest HS update:

UPDATE 3pm: RICKY Nixon failed to turn up for work today as debate rages over the St Kilda schoolgirl's credibility after she admitted to lying about a pregnancy.

Her credit is debatable???

My Lord. This bloke's pit is getting deeper by the second...
Today Show this morning lead with "Nixon snuck back into Melbourne".

Now I'm not defended Ricky but I would have assumed he just flew back into Tullamarine like everyonle else does. Or does he need to inform the media of his flight plans? :roll:

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Burp. Fart. Middle finger. Back to my toenails...

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

roll?

He almost echoed a post of your own SainterK, saying that the girl had made life harder for other young girls who get caught up and thrown aside by footballers.

http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... 81#1046581

Question: Do we think that Gilbert's behavior retroactively became okay because there was not a pregnancy involved? Regardless of what it was (because we don't know, and likely never will).

The thing I've found most disturbing about this is the level of misogyny demonstrated by some of those who have attacked the messenger(s) rather than the message a number of times. While the level of scrutiny St Kilda football club has attracted as a result has been lessthan appropriate to the story (it's been far more attributable to the picture scandal) nonetheless, another picture has emerged, one of the attitudes of footy followers in general.

That's us, and we've all got to decide whether we like that image.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I roll, because of the little too late aspect BAM.

He too used this girl as a vehicle for ratings, and now distances himself from the part he had to play. 'Oh, but I never put her on air' please, the guy exploited her every move.

He also says Gilbert is not worthy of his apology, because he still had a relationship with a 16yo.

Yet they all fail to acknowledge that this girl said she was 19, at their initial meeting in a nightclub that required (by law) that patrons be 18+

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I roll, because of the little too late aspect BAM.

He too used this girl as a vehicle for ratings, and now distances himself from the part he had to play. 'Oh, but I never put her on air' please, the guy exploited her every move.

He also says Gilbert is not worthy of his apology, because he still had a relationship with a 16yo.

Yet they all fail to acknowledge that this girl said she was 19, at their initial meeting in a nightclub that required (by law) that patrons be 18+
Wow Gilbert will not get an apology from a confessed statutory rapist who penetrated a 15 year old when he was in his thirties.

He uses the excuse he "thought" she was in here 20's, KD TOLD Gilbert she was 19 in a nightclub where you have to be 18+ to get in.

Just fkn die Hinch you piece of kiddie fiddling excrement :evil:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
asiu
Saintsational Legend

The biggest omission I thought, was the fact she met them in a nightclub that required patrons to be 18+
up here in nsw , they are anal about looking at id's , BEFORE allowing entry into clubs , pubs and nightclubs

the fines are massive on the establishments ...... my son who is 17 has a fake id , my daughter who is 15 is hustling for an id ...its big biz

if she (kimmie) was in a club in nsw , she had an id
... i wonder who organised that for her

eff me , the young looking 20+ have to produce an id to buy a deck* of fags

* notice ubercool usage of 'deck' instead of a pack :)

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Neil Mitchell follows up his even handed discussionfrom a couple of weeks ago
http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/3aw-generic ... 1bjtg.html

very even and sceptical about he 'other ' story and says the media have some blame..

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

anything on Media Watch?

this is last weeks.....http://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/

they certainly seem sceptical ......

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:

There. I said it.
What the hell have you got against scrotums?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:anything on Media Watch?...
No. Too busy with spiders eating Germans.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Ms X is the young woman at the centre of AFL football's current scandal. She is also called ''the St Kilda schoolgirl'', but should not be. She is not from St Kilda and she is not a schoolgirl. The effect of the two words together is a pejorative undertone, a dog whistle. That is the context for this whole sordid saga.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/b ... 1bl74.html

DJKCR
Club Player

Hey are we still paying for her hotel room? Hinch said so in his blog???

"I don't roll on Shabbas" Walter Sobchak
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

DJKCR wrote:Hey are we still paying for her hotel room? Hinch said so in his blog???
Like he's a reliable source....

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.