Has anyone heard any rumours regarding an investigation into

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ThomasR
Club Player

While we are rumour-mongering, the other day Pete Helliar tweeted a rumour that GAJ is being paid 7.5 mill by the AFL themselves to head up to the GC but journos are sitting on it in fear of repercussions. Although he may have been joking, it is very hard to tell at the best of times

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

ThomasR wrote:While we are rumour-mongering, the other day Pete Helliar tweeted a rumour that GAJ is being paid 7.5 mill by the AFL themselves to head up to the GC but journos are sitting on it in fear of repercussions. Although he may have been joking, it is very hard to tell at the best of times
I think it's highly likely.

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

BigFooty Main Forum has a link to Nick's Bulletin Board and having just read the thread they have going over there on this (us) I need to be de-loused. I feel filthy for the experience.

Armoooo tried to point out, succinctly and logically, what was going on but all he seemed to get back from the vast majority of them was the absolute tripe we've come to expect from them.
They even had the temerity to state that 'it's a Collingwood Board for Collingwood fans' and to basicly 'f*** off' and yet saw nothing wrong with 'trolling over here:roll:

I cannot wait until the 2011 premiership is won by anybody other than them and they can crawl their smug, arrogant, obnoxious carcasses back into the dirty sewers they slimily slunk out of.

We deserve much criticism from the wider football world for causing these rampaging ar$eholes to run amok.
It's all our fault for allowing them to win the premiership.

They're almost bearable when they lose, but as winners they're impossible.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

Mr Magic,

That's right...I can't bear to read all that cr*p written by ignorant assh*les.

I really think the tenor of their forums is much lower than ours...don't they have moderators?

I've seen some really offensive stuff written by Collingwood supporters. Ironic when you consider the off-field behaviour of many of their players.

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
StevieSaint
Club Player

hmmmm....whole thing is interesting...probably b.s....then again...west coast were pretty BIG in the early 90's....who was the coach again???

GO SAINTS GO
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Good on the Pies, they exposed a loophole, deliberately recruited young players that the potential to bulk up earlier than most, and the rest is history.

So they didn't break any rules but sailed close to the wind.

Big deal - I wish we had found an edge as they did.

Morally and ethically they have done the wrong thing by their players perhaps, but if it's legal and they won the flag that is really all anyone should care about at a footy club.

I want us to also win a flag by whatever legal means are possible, and if that exposes the AFL/any group I don't mind.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

this is sad pathetic crap. we got beaten by a better team. man the f*ck up saints.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

ThomasR wrote:While we are rumour-mongering, the other day Pete Helliar tweeted a rumour that GAJ is being paid 7.5 mill by the AFL themselves to head up to the GC but journos are sitting on it in fear of repercussions. Although he may have been joking, it is very hard to tell at the best of times
Well the AFL are propping up the club (to an extent) for 5 years while they start out...Otherwise GC relies on AFL broadcast distribution just like we and everyone else does to fund what they do.

Technically the AFL owns well over half of every club seeing as AFL owns the rights and drips down the cash...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

The longer these rumours go on without substance the more they are likely to turn out to be;

POO FROM A BOY COW !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:The longer these rumours go on without substance the more they are likely to turn out to be;

POO FROM A BOY COW !!
What would a cow pad look like coming from a boy cow?

Mooksy
Club Player

Please PM me the rumour. I am dying to find out.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Pwoit wrote:
Eastern wrote:The longer these rumours go on without substance the more they are likely to turn out to be;

POO FROM A BOY COW !!
What would a cow pad look like coming from a boy cow?
Its the one that you throw up in the air and it DOESN'T come down. Also, its flouro orange :wink: !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I am amazed. This is the biggest ever to happen in footy. It may be end of a club or two.
ha ha ha

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Is it about a gay ruckman?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:Is it about a gay ruckman?
Aren't all ruckmen gay?

Just look at the deft way they palm the ball down :wink:

bubblegoose
Club Player

I hird that too, not sure which club but ...

* Conditions apply
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Sainterman wrote:Just got PM'ed....if true would be the biggest story in Australian sporting history...big IF though!

Happy to PM what I received if anyone is interested...
Hi can I get this PM please?

cheers.

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Sainterman wrote:Just got PM'ed....if true would be the biggest story in Australian sporting history...big IF though!

cheers.

“Yeah….nah””
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:this is sad pathetic crap. we got beaten by a better team. man the f*ck up saints.
this.

But someone PM me anyway.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Where you guys been? :shock:

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:

cheers.
hi, can you PM me as well?

thanks

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

bubblegoose wrote:
I hird that too, not sure which club but ...
very clever 8-)

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Those of you still looking for a PM here's one:

Well an ex PM really :wink:

Anyway it would seem that this rumour has about as much credibility as this bloke!

saint_winston
Club Player

Ice Wolf wrote:
SainterK wrote:
iwantmeseats wrote:
SainterK wrote:I just don't buy it, one player maybe would be dumb enough to do it, but multiple?

There is no way you could hush up something like this for so long, just not possible.
ONE player would be all it takes. No better or worse than 6. It would still blow the AFL doors wide open. One or six. irrelevant.
Sure, but the rumour is about multiple players....not one, which just makes me super sceptical.
If the rumour is true it would seem the club involved may have believed if the kept it below a certain level it wouldn't be a problem. Had it been one player that might have been true but multiple from the same club raises a lot of suspicion even if it was below a level that would ordinarily not be seen as a problem.
if the rumour is true then it's just another example of the club in question being at the cutting edge of player conditioning in the afl competition. for example, they were the first to realise the benefits of altitude training some years back while the rest of us sniggered away

i don't know why some of us seem so excited about the possibility that it is true. Even if it is they have done nothnig wrong. Can we please get that into our heads people. the levels found are reportedly well below that considered illegal even if they are somewhat elevated. if it gave them an edge in the grand final replay, then all i can say is why wasn't our club doing it as well? maybe we should be looking at trying to poach the likes of david buttifant if our current sports science people are not up to it?