Rhys Stanley and GC - crappy rumour

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Rhys Stanley and GC - crappy rumour

Anyone else heard this - I have had 2 people tell me he has signed up north at GC17.

I haven't read anything anywhere. Anyone else heard anything or know is actual status?

fingers

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

can't have

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

staying at moorabbin (i mean seaford).

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Rhys Stanley and GC - crappy rumour

fingers wrote:Anyone else heard this - I have had 2 people tell me he has signed up north at GC17.

I haven't read anything anywhere. Anyone else heard anything or know is actual status?

fingers
Why would he want to go? Can't believe GC have the capacity, or inclination, to throw bucket loads of cash at Rhys.

And how does he get there?

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Bloody leeches if it's so

Another opportunity awaits!
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

I believe he signed a new deal with us during the year.

Anyway, GC17 had a 'window' to sign uncontracted players and that has well and truly closed.

If they wanted a 'contracted' player then they would have had to trade for him - that timeframe has also closed.

So unless Stanley is uncontracted and puts himself in the draft, hoe does he possibly get to GC?

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I don't mean to be a smartarse, but here's a tip. Appraise yourself of the facts of what can and can't be done and then assess whether a rumour has merit or not. You are otherwise giving airtime to s***.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:I don't mean to be a smartarse, but here's a tip. Appraise yourself of the facts of what can and can't be done and then assess whether a rumour has merit or not. You are otherwise giving airtime to s***.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

http://www.saints.com.au/season2010/new ... fault.aspx

Saints fans will be delighted to know that adding to the amazing list of talent who have re-signed is promising ruckman Ben McEvoy, tall forward Rhys Stanley, tough midfielder Jack Steven and West Australian youngster Alistair Smith, who are the latest exciting crop of players to have put pen to paper.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Re: Rhys Stanley and GC - crappy rumour

fingers wrote:Anyone else heard this - I have had 2 people tell me he has signed up north at GC17.

fingers
You need to go back and tell those 2 that they wouldn't know s*** from clay

Another opportunity awaits!
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

SainterK I really like your new choice of avatar. Seany D showed in the finals that he is in our best 22, and hopefully 2011 will be the year where he steps it up another level, injury-free and at the very least returns to his forgotten standard of pre-knee injury 2008.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:SainterK I really like your new choice of avatar. Seany D showed in the finals that he is in our best 22, and hopefully 2011 will be the year where he steps it up another level, injury-free and at the very least returns to his forgotten standard of pre-knee injury 2008.
There is a spot for him, and he needs to show no regard for who he may bump out of the side and take it....

I believe he will be considered best 22 in 2011, now he just has to believe, and he can certainly take a lot of confidence how he finished the year.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:SainterK I really like your new choice of avatar. Seany D showed in the finals that he is in our best 22, and hopefully 2011 will be the year where he steps it up another level, injury-free and at the very least returns to his forgotten standard of pre-knee injury 2008.
There is a spot for him, and he needs to show no regard for who he may bump out of the side and take it....

I believe he will be considered best 22 in 2011, now he just has to believe, and he can certainly take a lot of confidence how he finished the year.
He is and has always been a very average player. Those types can play in GF's but it would be better for the club if he finds his way out of the side.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:I don't mean to be a smartarse, but here's a tip. Appraise yourself of the facts of what can and can't be done and then assess whether a rumour has merit or not. You are otherwise giving airtime to s***.
I really don't have time to keep up with the latest draft and trade rules and news. That's why I like this place.

Moccha - thanks for the tip. Will do ;)

SainterK and Mr Magic - thanks for the facts. Very useful.

Fingers

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:

He is and has always been a very average player. Those types can play in GF's but it would be better for the club if he finds his way out of the side.
I don't understand what you mean by 'those types' can play in GF, given so many others didn't play well?

Isn't a good thing he played so well for the three finals? :?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:

I don't understand what you mean by 'those types' can play in GF, given so many others didn't play well?

Isn't a good thing he played so well for the three finals? :?
Those types has nothing to do with GF's. Those types means ordinary players can play in GF's and you can still win. Dempster is an ordinary player and he can still play in a GF and you can still win as he did with Sydney but for the sake of our side it would be better if he was replaced next season. We had to many ordinary players in the GF and nearly won. A couple less may be the difference next season.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

He played well on Gia, Steve Johnson and Didak GF1....his votes from the coaches in the B&F reflected that as well so he was far from ordinary.

Oh, and I am not calling for him to be extraordinary, just someone who is consistently selected in our best 22 and plays their role very well.

I don't see why it has to be bad for the side if he comes along, so I disagree with you....but that's OK.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:He played well on Gia, Steve Johnson and Didak GF1....his votes from the coaches in the B&F reflected that as well so he was far from ordinary.

Oh, and I am not calling for him to be extraordinary, just someone who is consistently selected in our best 22 and plays their role very well.

I don't see why it has to be bad for the side if he comes along, so I disagree with you....but that's OK.
I didnt say it would be bad for the side if he improved. I think he is an ordinary player and will always be one but happy to be proved wrong and yes he did have a very good finals series.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:He played well on Gia, Steve Johnson and Didak GF1....his votes from the coaches in the B&F reflected that as well so he was far from ordinary.

I didnt say it would be bad for the side if he improved. I think he is an ordinary player and will always be one but happy to be proved wrong and yes he did have a very good finals series.
Due to being barely recognisable in the street Dempster gets it a bit hard on forums. One never notices him in a game however he more often than not he plays his role. He will always be an average player and if he was displaced from the 22 on a regular basis it would not be a bad thing as it would mean that someone else is playing better and can play his role better. It goes for McQ, Raph (when fit), Jason Blake, Geary, Eddy and the list probably goes on. It is the same for every team though.

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

sean dempster is one up on lenny and roo....he has actually played in a premiership team..... 8-)

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:sean dempster is one up on lenny and roo....he has actually played in a premiership team..... 8-)
Yes, thank you for reminding me how we blew it in GF1 and last year.... sad face.

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
GoTheTorp
Club Player

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Due to being barely recognisable in the street Dempster gets it a bit hard on forums. One never notices him in a game however he more often than not he plays his role. He will always be an average player and if he was displaced from the 22 on a regular basis it would not be a bad thing as it would mean that someone else is playing better and can play his role better. It goes for McQ, Raph (when fit), Jason Blake, Geary, Eddy and the list probably goes on. It is the same for every team though.
Blake is in our best 22 obviously not yours? Take the bias goggles off.

jays
Club Player

not going anywhere

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Dempster is a good, solid stopper ... but we need to be careful about overloading on those types. Not sure there is room for all of him, McQualter, Eddie and Baker.

IMO we tipped the balance too far towards negating types and we need more creating types.

Guys who can firstly get the ball and secondly do something with it.

Borat
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
JAGSHEMASH!