PLEASE! Stop hysterically bagging our players.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

widereceiver
Club Player

PLEASE! Stop hysterically bagging our players.

There is so much crap about our lesser players being written here by people

a: who know nothing about football
or
b: are sub-morons who know dick about anything (IQs and pathetic grammar suggest they should be following the Pois)
Please try to remember the club motto and show a scintilla of loyalty.

Alternatively, do your worst, I will be back for next season.

I wish a good summer to all the non-morons.

THAT IS ALL

"Winning's not everything, it's the ONLY thing!" Vince Lombardi.
Sam Gilbert #1 booster - always on the attack!!!
Win more for Winmar
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Nice timing...I was going to leave for awhile, expecting the worst after last year on here directly after the finals. It wasn't to bad to be honest, but the last few days :?

Heaps of threads purely to bag players, I agree.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Re: PLEASE! Stop hysterically bagging our players.

widereceiver wrote:There is so much crap about our lesser players being written here by people

or
b: are sub-morons who know dick about anything (IQs and pathetic grammar suggest they should be following the Pois)

THAT IS ALL
But all our players are crap!! :roll:

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
saint3d
Club Player

widereceiver wrote:Please try to remember the club motto and show a scintilla of loyalty.
Scintilla! Love it!

And a good summer to you too!

lennylegend

they deserve it!! we were tolerant last year but this years result was a sub standard joke. Saints foot just doesnt vut it any more from some of those st.kilda drones.

saint3d
Club Player

lennylegend wrote:this years result was a sub standard joke
What standards did you have in place for the club this year?

Please find another thread for that kind of stuff.

FQF
SS Life Member

lennylegend wrote:they deserve it!! we were tolerant last year but this years result was a sub standard joke. Saints foot just doesnt vut it any more from some of those st.kilda drones.
Go to big footy.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

lennylegend wrote:they deserve it!! we were tolerant last year but this years result was a sub standard joke. Saints foot just doesnt vut it any more from some of those st.kilda drones.
'vut' it? Interesting word. I don't think anything 'vut's it, let alone Saints Footy. :lol: :lol:

Fortius Quo Fidelius
saint3d
Club Player

saint75 wrote:
'vut' it? Interesting word. I don't think anything 'vut's it, let alone Saints Footy. :lol: :lol:
There's no apostrophe in vuts.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Say Milne had latched onto that ball and we had won the flag.

Would you still say that it was a sub-standard joke

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

While I agree that there is certainly no point in starting more threads titled 'get rid off raf he is useless hack' I also don't see the point in a footy forum where player criticism isn't allowed. We had several players who couldn't perform up to the standard required in the grand final and even Ross has said that they need to do something about it.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:While I agree that there is certainly no point in starting more threads titled 'get rid off raf he is useless hack' I also don't see the point in a footy forum where player criticism isn't allowed. We had several players who couldn't perform up to the standard required in the grand final and even Ross has said that they need to do something about it.
agree.

We've lost the last 2 Granny's, it's not good enough.

Several of our players are cloggers, and need to get dumped!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
mad saint guy wrote:While I agree that there is certainly no point in starting more threads titled 'get rid off raf he is useless hack' I also don't see the point in a footy forum where player criticism isn't allowed. We had several players who couldn't perform up to the standard required in the grand final and even Ross has said that they need to do something about it.
agree.

We've lost the last 2 Granny's, it's not good enough.

Several of our players are cloggers, and need to get dumped!
I agree; King, Allen, Lovett, L Fisher, get rid of 'em! The rest got us to within a kick of 2 premierships, think they deserve another crack.

Bardon Saint
Club Player

widereceiver wrote:There is so much crap about our lesser players being written here by people

or

THAT IS ALL
The sub-morons whom you are referring to are reacting in a way like supporters saddened to have been beaten in 3 consecutive Grand Finals. Being critical does not mean that you are not loyal. I'm sure that the players are being very critical of themselves at the moment too. They are being critical because they are hurting and they want to improve themselves. Whilst we may not all be football experts or know dick about anything, supporters are hurting and find this forum to be a place to freely express an opinion that is up for debate.

Someone who is proclaiming to be of a superior intellect would have recognised the purpose of a forum and be able to take the good with the bad (despite how frustrating and wrong you think others may be).

If you disagree with an opinion:
a) reply to the opinion, highlighting why you disagree
b) ignore that opinion and roll your eyes (my favourite)
c) start a new thread bagging out the intellect and loyalty of others as a product of your own ignorance
Last edited by Bardon Saint on Fri 08 Oct 2010 11:28am, edited 1 time in total.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Widie does have a point though...most player bagging posts have consisted of "player X is s***, get rif of 'em", totally ignoring the fact that most of them have had an average season in a top AFL team. Imagining that guys like Kosi, Peake, Eddy or Mini wouldn't get a gig elsewhere is science fiction. I think I'd trust our clubs opinion over most of these 'sub-moron' types.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

They were not beaten in 3 grand finals for a start, if we were beaten in the second one there wouldn't have been a third.

All our players are crap and guys like Hayes should retire freeing up a spot for Paul Cahill. Riewoldt had a s*** game in a GF delist him and get some games into Heyne. There is no point even going on, the whole club should move to Tasmania change their name to the apples and get out of my face. They all make me sick, idiotic list cloggers.

We should rebuild around draft picks starting with the gun we will get at our first pick at 275. We all need to just realise not one of them is up to it and we shouldn't go on.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Getting within a couple of points or a hundred points of a premiership means absolutely nothing -fact is we didn't win, and haven't won a flag in 5 appearances post '66.. history doesn't record cooda been champions. Being a forum, this is where people air their frustrations, some directed to player's performances..so be it, as long as it's not stupidly personal.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Getting within a couple of points or a hundred points of a premiership means absolutely nothing.
:lol: West Coast must be pretty happy with their playing list then...I expect they'll be premiers this year, and can spend the rest of their salary cap on hats.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Your punctuation and spelling speaks volumes about the quality of your ideas.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
spert
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
spert wrote:Getting within a couple of points or a hundred points of a premiership means absolutely nothing.
:lol: West Coast must be pretty happy with their playing list then...I expect they'll be premiers this year, and can spend the rest of their salary cap on hats.
Maybe I should have said 54 points or one point- there's always next week in the home and away games to improve the situation, but the GF is final and its all about the winner. The Saints supporters are a bit like Buddists- the journey seems more important than the destination, but not being a Buddist, means that I want to get to the destination, not pull up a station short after 26 stops or whatever.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:
degruch wrote:
Maybe I should have said 54 points or one point- there's always next week in the home and away games to improve the situation, but the GF is final and its all about the winner. The Saints supporters are a bit like Buddists- the journey seems more important than the destination, but not being a Buddist, means that I want to get to the destination, not pull up a station short after 26 stops or whatever.
Well, if the result of GF2 didn't prove there's no such thing as kerma, I don't know what does. :shock:

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 19 Oct 2010 11:47pm, edited 1 time in total.

5 prelims in 7 years. 40 wins from 49 games.
2009 and 2010 were 2 of the 5 best years ever by the St.Kilda FC.
Thanks for all your efforts Saints.
bozza1980
Club Player

dcstkfc wrote:
Say Milne had latched onto that ball and we had won the flag.

Would you still say that it was a sub-standard joke
Well obviously, a premiership wouldn't have washed away how horrible they had been this season.

I mean they lost 5 games during the home and away season, that means we were 250% worse this year!!!

A premiership wouldn't wipe away that sort of stink!!!

9 losses in our last 51 games is just pathetic. :roll:

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
bozza1980
Club Player

spert wrote:Getting within a couple of points or a hundred points of a premiership means absolutely nothing -fact is we didn't win, and haven't won a flag in 5 appearances post '66.. history doesn't record cooda been champions. Being a forum, this is where people air their frustrations, some directed to player's performances..so be it, as long as it's not stupidly personal.
Yes, the history books will record Collingwood as premiers for 2010 and that is all any side is after.

However, when looking towards the future, there is a big difference between being close and being nowhere near it.

We are a quality unit and despite the press' 5th annual closing of our premiership window, it is still open.

This club is 40-9-2 in their last 51 games, ofcourse we will need to find some improvement next year, but now isn't the time for sinking the ship and moving on.

You don't win premierships by running away, crying and yelling the "sky is falling in" everytime you hit a hurdle.

Sometimes when you are close, just a little readjustment and a lot of faith is all you need!

Go Saints!!!!!

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

bozza1980 wrote:
spert wrote:Getting within a couple of points or a hundred points of a premiership means absolutely nothing -fact is we didn't win, and haven't won a flag in 5 appearances post '66.. history doesn't record cooda been champions. Being a forum, this is where people air their frustrations, some directed to player's performances..so be it, as long as it's not stupidly personal.
Yes, the history books will record Collingwood as premiers for 2010 and that is all any side is after.

However, when looking towards the future, there is a big difference between being close and being nowhere near it.

We are a quality unit and despite the press' 5th annual closing of our premiership window, it is still open.

This club is 40-9-2 in their last 51 games, ofcourse we will need to find some improvement next year, but now isn't the time for sinking the ship and moving on.

You don't win premierships by running away, crying and yelling the "sky is falling in" everytime you hit a hurdle.

Sometimes when you are close, just a little readjustment and a lot of faith is all you need!

Go Saints!!!!!
Good post