Well, I just got Shat On Again.

The place to discuss issues with administrators and moderators. Suggestions welcome. All bans will be posted here and the banning appeals process will be held in this forum.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

happy feet
Club Player

Re: Well, I just got Shat On Again.

How and by whom?

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
happy feet
Club Player

How and by whom?

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

What happened ? That’s no bloody good. Report it.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

bassoon wrote: Tue 03 Sep 2019 10:32pm Honestly.
I have a thick hide,
I joined Saintsational to have an opinion, not to be abused against.
It's happened too many times.
Happy to have a discussion, not to be called stupid, troll, and any other derogatory name.
I'll always bleed red white and black - just not with you mob.
Big Footy here I come.
Did you report it? I can't see a report. Please don't expect that every post is monitored. There are literally hundreds of posts per day.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
Ape_Man
Club Player

Did you know that everyone can look into your post history?

How do you rate your pain from 1 to 17?

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

The Animal Enclosure is where posters can abuse ech other. That is what it is designed for. Why would you post in there rather than the fan forum? By posting there you were actaully inviting abuse. It clearly states that much in the Animal Enclosure rules!

Of the 4 nics you say have trolled and abused you ... 3 have been banned permanently ... yet the moderators are letting them get away with it?

As for unsubscribing - you can't! But as we don't send out anything there is no need to unsubscribe.

Finally, as stated this forum runs to a certain set of rules and is run on a voluntary basis - even dealing with reported posts takes time. It is not a paid job and is not run by / or associated with the St Kilda Football Club.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

asiu
Saintsational Legend

bassoon

thats Nexus Nick

ignore him
everyone else does

i’ve just read your ‘55 thread
... it’s all respect from the other punters

nexus has always been a nob communicator
... find some compassion for him
and his need to troll

‘n it’s not really cricket
branding us (ss)
by nexus’s work

he’s still ranting about joffaboy
and he’s been gone longer than Elvis

u should stay bloke ... imo

but good luck if u choose otherwise
‘n thanx for your contribution to community

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

bassoon wrote: Tue 03 Sep 2019 11:56pm
BackFromUSA wrote: Tue 03 Sep 2019 11:39pm The Animal Enclosure is where posters can abuse ech other. That is what it is designed for. Why would you post in there rather than the fan forum? By posting there you were actaully inviting abuse. It clearly states that much in the Animal Enclosure rules!

Of the 4 nics you say have trolled and abused you ... 3 have been banned permanently ... yet the moderators are letting them get away with it?

As for unsubscribing - you can't! But as we don't send out anything there is no need to unsubscribe.

Finally, as stated this forum runs to a certain set of rules and is run on a voluntary basis - even dealing with reported posts takes time. It is not a paid job and is not run by / or associated with the St Kilda Football Club.
It took a long time.

I understand you don't get paid, but honestly, its a bit like FB. I can't unsubscribe, I can't get all my posts deleted. I made a mistake joining this forum, and I can't undo it???

There is a problem here. Please do something about this. I want to unsubscribe, and have all my posts, and replies deleted. If you can't do this, I'll need to take the matter further. Not good enough.
Whilst you can't unsubscibe - this is what I can do.

I can delete you and all your posts from the database. They cannot ever be recovered if I do this. I cannot delete any of the replies or if anyone has quoted you, I cannot guarantee what you wrote will disappear.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

bye bloke

come back sometime

after you’ve done what ya gotta do

Special
Club Player

bassoon wrote: Wed 04 Sep 2019 12:31am If that's the best you can do, then please do this BackfromUSA. I'm not a major contributor to the forum, but over the last couple of years, it's been hell to contribute anything against the side. I don't express myself in writing all that well, but for whatsoever, I love our Club. I don't love a forum where one has been abused, and denigrated. I have no inside knowledge of the Club, and I have reacted to a win or loss, like most members do (except for the match day thread which can be completely derogatory to our players or umpires).
I am not a prude. I have strong opinions, which I love to explore. Half the time I'm wrong. That's OK, but let's have the debate rather than name calling.BTW Saynta still gets away with rubbish. Won't debate - just calls names.
Sorry, sick of it. Please, in your power, delete my posts - I never look them up anyway.
Delete me as well. I still follow our Club, and this forum has no impact over that.
bassoon, this forum is sometimes run with an iron fist. It’s not BFUSA’s fault if you posted on the wrong forum.

Have a go at Big Footy - it’s a good forum but hard to keep track of due to it’s popularity.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

You appear to imply you are a male over 50 years of age.

Unless you are one of the Unsullied, I suggest growing a pair or adding some cement powder to your Weeties this morning and harden the “F” up and stop bitching and moaning.

Also stop clogging the main forum with “look at me” sooky la la posts and wasting the mods time with pseudo legal threats.

But hey, that’s just my opinion.
Last edited by Joffa Burns on Wed 04 Sep 2019 9:47am, edited 1 time in total.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Bassoon, it is just impossible for anyone moderating this site to read everything posted. It would require way more time than a volunteer moderator or moderators could give. It would need to be a paid position for anyone to devote that much of their life to it.
Reporting inappropriate things is the way to go.

Regarding posters being on the site who have a history of being abusive, I think there is a genuine intention to include as broad a range of views as possible on the forum. So some people who break the rules enough to be banned can come back with new nics in most cases and start again. There are only a handful I can think of in 15 years who are permanently banned irrespective of Nic. There are posters who I find offensive or who grate on me and I’m pretty sure it’s vice versa for some others. But we’re all mostly still here.
Moderating this site is not a simple task. It requires sustained commitment, dedication and balancing applying the rules with allowing for human diversity. The kind of moderation oversight you’re talking about would require a whole different level of attention and approach than is reasonable to expect on a voluntary basis and might actually suffocate the forum if it was too heavy handed. It’s about balance.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

bassoon wrote: Wed 04 Sep 2019 12:31am If that's the best you can do, then please do this BackfromUSA. I'm not a major contributor to the forum, but over the last couple of years, it's been hell to contribute anything against the side. I don't express myself in writing all that well, but for whatsoever, I love our Club. I don't love a forum where one has been abused, and denigrated. I have no inside knowledge of the Club, and I have reacted to a win or loss, like most members do (except for the match day thread which can be completely derogatory to our players or umpires).
I am not a prude. I have strong opinions, which I love to explore. Half the time I'm wrong. That's OK, but let's have the debate rather than name calling.BTW Saynta still gets away with rubbish. Won't debate - just calls names.
Sorry, sick of it. Please, in your power, delete my posts - I never look them up anyway.
Delete me as well. I still follow our Club, and this forum has no impact over that.
I shall delete you from the database today sometime.

It is a shame that you didn’t use the report button if this was an issue. It isn’t dobbing. It is merely asking for an assessment against the rules. For example the denigrating reply to your post in the Animal Enclosure was not a breach of rules in that forum but would have been a 1 day ban in this forum. Sometimes reported posts receive no punishment at all because they are not against the rules.

Sometimes posts are reported for one thing and end up being punished under a different rule as the post is assessed against all rules.

A recent example was someone was reported under the swear rule for using the word dick. However in the rules it was (after debate many years ago) that that word was to be tolerated / allowed in the forum. However it was used in an denigrating manner towards a poster so a 1 day ban did apply. Each report is assessed on its merit and rules applied no matter who has posted it. I only ever look st who posted it if I need to apply a penalty.

If and when you come back, perhaps use the FOE function for those that may irritate you e.g. Saynta.

Ajantis
Club Player

The Internet is a world of "i can be anything and say anything". Never take anything personally on the internet, especially forums or multi media.
If you can not except that, then you should not have the internet.

The word "Troll" was never intended to be based on " Trolling you on the internet". It comes from a Internet Gaming concept, which actually relates to hacking on the internet and creating bogus/mirror accounts using a microsoft weakness using wingdings....

If you can find the S with the "upside" down arrow in wingdings winNT, then i will show you the rest lol.

Never take stuff like this seriously. Too many keyboard warriors....

Cheers

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

The old teaspoon of cement classic. Obviously Joffa is a bacon and eggs man with the occasional Nutrigrain iron man food fix.
I'm not one for calling names but I think it is hilarious when others get caught up in it.
I've had a few stouches on here with Plugger66 and Drakey but even those ended amicably and I got warned for calling Drake a moron and goaded Plugged into an all out barrage of insults against me. Drake isn't a moron so I guess that was fair and Plugged was hilariously unstable.
I'm pretty thick skinned and have gotten into the habit of writing rants, only to read them 3 x then delete them.
I probably only read about 20% of posts but I wouldn't ever leave.
I think BFUSA has done a pretty good job.

barneyboyz
Club Player

Sorry to hear this and hope you enjoy BF :)

Seriously though, Internet Forums would make for an interesting experiment in psychology. They can be very much an amazing space for one to communicate their passion for its subject, and at the same time there can be extreme intimidation, whether percieved or real.

Bassoon, you've been here longer than 9 years, and if you visit regularly, then you might understand that this Forum is currently in its 'least' intimidating period for quite some time. I believe this may be due to (what seems to be) a spate of name changes??? which might also have allowed some people to have an 'OUT'??? Dunno?

Stick around if you haven't already left? take a breath and for a while simply post on this page

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Wed 04 Sep 2019 8:19am The old teaspoon of cement classic. Obviously Joffa is a bacon and eggs man
Yep, nothing beats bacon and eggs for beaky.

Only these days I trim all the fat from the bacon and only cook the eye and poach the eggs with no toast or bread.
I do have some grilled tomato with cracked pepper and grinded sea salt and a black coffee.

Not like the old days where it was on buttered toast bacon fat and all CQ, but still a darn satisfying breakfast.

👍😉

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
freely
SS Hall of Fame

I agree with Barney and others. I'm also often shocked by the vitriol that gets unleashed when I stick my head over the parapet. But we're all keyboard warriors on here and sometimes it's good to vent. And interesting to see the full range of barmy opinions even when you violently disagree with them!

Hope you don't quit. Take a breath. Change your handle. Come back quietly with clean air.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Don't expect BigFooty to be any better.

Lots of the usual suspects end up over there.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Just went around and gave it to him.

Stick around.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Nick_BlueNRG
Club Player

bassoon wrote: Tue 03 Sep 2019 10:32pm Honestly.
I have a thick hide,
I joined Saintsational to have an opinion, not to be abused against.
It's happened too many times.
Happy to have a discussion, not to be called stupid, troll, and any other derogatory name.
I'll always bleed red white and black - just not with you mob.
Big Footy here I come.
I am really sorry if it was me that offended you bassoon. Your post in the Animal Enclosure suggested that we could win the premiership in 2020. To me, that was ridiculous so I said it was a stupid post. I meant no offence.

Also, the fact that it was in the Animal Enclosure made me think it was a piss take. Please don't leave Saintsational because of me. This forum has had its ups and downs over the years but I believe Simon has done a very good job considering how many Dheads he has to deal with.

(M)ake (S)t Kilda (S)elf (S)ustainable
Nick_BlueNRG
Club Player

asiu wrote: Tue 03 Sep 2019 11:47pm bassoon

thats Nexus Nick

ignore him
everyone else does

and his need to troll

branding us (ss)
by nexus’s work

Thanks for calling me a nob asiu. I meant no harm to bassoon and I have already apologised.

(M)ake (S)t Kilda (S)elf (S)ustainable
saynta
Saintsational Legend

I don't call anyone names. Show me an example.

I have no idea what you are talking about. I certainly have no memory of ever insulting you in the animal forum either. Kindly don"t try to denigrate me. I find your references to me in this thread highly offensive.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Nick_BlueNRG wrote: Wed 04 Sep 2019 11:08am
asiu wrote: Tue 03 Sep 2019 11:47pm bassoon

thats Nexus Nick

ignore him
everyone else does

and his need to troll

branding us (ss)
by nexus’s work

Thanks for calling me a nob asiu. I meant no harm to bassoon and I have already apologised.

and good on you for doing so

as i read your post
up in my estimation u went

point of order
: i didn’t actually call ‘you’ a nob
... nob communicator , i think you’ll find i wrote

not a judgement either ,
(i like the odd fishing expedition myself)
... an observation on patterns

go well

saynta
Saintsational Legend

bassoon wrote: Tue 03 Sep 2019 11:30pm
After nine years on this forum, I'll keep my opinions to myself, and influence the Club in other ways.
BTW - I asked the Moderators a couple of weeks ago how to unsubscribe - No Answer. Typical Bloody St.Kilda.
UI'll leave you all to wallow in your own bloody inbrededness and mysery.
Charming.

ps, There is only one y in misery :wink: :wink: