Lock for Bottom 4?

The place to discuss issues with administrators and moderators. Suggestions welcome. All bans will be posted here and the banning appeals process will be held in this forum.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Lock for Bottom 4?

rodgerfox wrote: Tue 05 Mar 2019 9:43am
Yorkeys wrote: Wed 27 Feb 2019 8:26am Samoht is getting to me and I now reluctantly accept the dual lead weights in the saddles are recruitment which seems to be predicated on hope for the ever elusive coming seasons rather than immediate impact, and AR. Max, mighty prospect that he may be is a WIP. Bytel a WIP. Where is a good ruckman to help Lewis. Where is a durable classy mid that can do a preseason and front up without an ever hanging cloud over an ability to run and turn. As we are painfully aware we have no individual game changers; we have to have all parts working together for the whole game to be competitive. There have been a lot of seasons and a lot of money available since we last played finals to get a real gun and the club has not got one that can get on the park today. Of course we never know the thinking at the draft but to pick Max there must have been an assumption Paddy or Josh B would fire. That is a heroic assumption. Like many on here I find the retention of AR and the same old same old references to processes and off field changes without improving playing stocks (given the current injury reports, could we actually be worse of now than 2018) deflating. Outcomes chaps, win a few. The mouthing of messages like "unacceptable" there will be "major change", "everything that happens will be to win games" is starting to sound like a Clarke and Daw routine. Bottom 4 - wouldn't surprise, would it. Boy I hope I have to make an abject apology in a few months.
?

We lost Steven, and Steele, Billings and Gresham have all stepped up in the midfield.

We lost Hickey, and we have Pierce, Longer and Marshall.

We lost Carlisle, and we have Brown, Clavarino and Austinn coming through.

We lost Riewoldt, and we have McCartin and now King on the books.

The recruiting has been both short term, and long term - and also very specific to our needs and to the way we want to play.

The dogshit that samoht regurgitates adnauseum is not only lazy and predictable - it's incorrect.

Who should have we recruited, that we actually could have recruited?

What are all these failures?

The only glaring one is Bontempelli.

<1 DAY BAN: Commenting on a poster>
Ummm dude, I didn't comment on the poster. I commented on the posting.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Re: Lock for Bottom 4?

rodgerfox wrote: Thu 07 Mar 2019 4:59pm
Yorkeys wrote: Wed 27 Feb 2019 8:26am Samoht is getting to me and I now reluctantly accept the dual lead weights in the saddles are recruitment which seems to be predicated on hope for the ever elusive coming seasons rather than immediate impact, and AR. Max, mighty prospect that he may be is a WIP. Bytel a WIP. Where is a good ruckman to help Lewis. Where is a durable classy mid that can do a preseason and front up without an ever hanging cloud over an ability to run and turn. As we are painfully aware we have no individual game changers; we have to have all parts working together for the whole game to be competitive. There have been a lot of seasons and a lot of money available since we last played finals to get a real gun and the club has not got one that can get on the park today. Of course we never know the thinking at the draft but to pick Max there must have been an assumption Paddy or Josh B would fire. That is a heroic assumption. Like many on here I find the retention of AR and the same old same old references to processes and off field changes without improving playing stocks (given the current injury reports, could we actually be worse of now than 2018) deflating. Outcomes chaps, win a few. The mouthing of messages like "unacceptable" there will be "major change", "everything that happens will be to win games" is starting to sound like a Clarke and Daw routine. Bottom 4 - wouldn't surprise, would it. Boy I hope I have to make an abject apology in a few months.
?

We lost Steven, and Steele, Billings and Gresham have all stepped up in the midfield.

The recruiting has been both short term, and long term - and also very specific to our needs and to the way we want to play.

The dogshit that samoht regurgitates adnauseum is not only lazy and predictable - it's incorrect.

Ummm dude ... you said:

How does that not breach this rule?

Any post that negatively relates to or references, or baits (directly or indirectly) another poster, or posters, or group of posters in the Saintsational Fan Forum will be deemed a breach of rules and the penalty will be either a 1 DAY BAN or 1 WEEK BAN.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote: Thu 07 Mar 2019 7:06pm
?

Ummm dude ... you said:

Any post that negatively relates to or references, or baits (directly or indirectly) another poster, or posters, or group of posters in the Saintsational Fan Forum will be deemed a breach of rules and the penalty will be either a 1 DAY BAN or 1 WEEK BAN.
Ummm dude, you just negatively referenced me and my post.

And secondly, I didn't utter a word about the poster. I commented on the content of the posts.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote: Thu 07 Mar 2019 9:08pm
BackFromUSA wrote: Thu 07 Mar 2019 7:06pm
?

Ummm dude ... you said:

Ummm dude, you just negatively referenced me and my post.

And secondly, I didn't utter a word about the poster. I commented on the content of the posts.
Interesting! How did I negatively reference you? By using the same friendly casual greeting that you gave me?

Yes and by commenting in that way on the content of the posts you were clearly negatively relating to and referencing and baiting another poster. 100%.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote: Thu 07 Mar 2019 11:12pm

Interesting! How did I negatively reference you? By using the same friendly casual greeting that you gave me?

Yes and by commenting in that way on the content of the posts you were clearly negatively relating to and referencing and baiting another poster. 100%.
So mimicking isn't baiting? Interesting.

So to be clear, I'm not allowed to negatively reference posts?

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Anyone that uses ‘dude’ in a post as a greeting or reference to another should be auto banned. Leave it where it belongs - with 80s American teenagers. Bro and bros also belong in the sad history bin.
Please use: mate, cobber, fella, fellow, chum,
buddy, name or nick.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote: Fri 08 Mar 2019 7:59am
BackFromUSA wrote: Thu 07 Mar 2019 11:12pm

So mimicking isn't baiting? Interesting.

So to be clear, I'm not allowed to negatively reference posts?
You can argue against the facts or opinion in a post. You can take the contrary or a negative side of the argument if done respectfully. Yours wasn’t respectful and breached the rule. Remember “posts” are made by “posters”.

“Any post that negatively relates to or references, or baits (directly or indirectly) another poster, or posters, or group of posters in the Saintsational Fan Forum will be deemed a breach of rules and the penalty will be either a 1 DAY BAN or 1 WEEK BAN.”