Sloaney Pony and other trade tales.

The place to discuss issues with administrators and moderators. Suggestions welcome. All bans will be posted here and the banning appeals process will be held in this forum.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sloaney Pony and other trade tales.

Drake Huggins wrote:Excuse me if I'm Sir Eric Pearce with the late news, but I was sent an undated article by a colleague that suggested the Saints' management had made a firm offer to Rory Sloane in May this year. It is said to be 1.2 million x 4 years, with additional performance bonuses built in. A handy superannuation package for the Sloaney Pony, if he takes it up. He will turn 29 by the time he takes up the offer (if he does), but given the way he presents and prepares himself, I don't think that would be a problem. There's plenty of elite level footy left in him. If we could land Gaff at the same time, our midfield would suddenly be projected to the elite level. One of the reasons I was disappointed in our efforts to get lesser options in this trade period was that by acquiring Rockliff, Motflop and Saad, we would've given ourselves a very strong chance of making the eight in 2018. Even though they are handy, rather than top shelf, you only have to see the difference Nankervis, Prestia and Caddy made to Richmond this year.

That brings me to my next point. In order to attract players, we have to have the cash and SC room, which we have. It also needs the promise of short-term success. The money alone is not enough anymore. There has to be a realistic chance of ultimate success, and quickly. Melbourne and Essendon definitely look more attractive than we do after this year. FFS, even Carlscum is being reported as going past us, although I doubt that in reality. A lot of clubs now have SC room and are paying below the required TPP. We had positioned ourselves well, but the extra room afforded to all clubs is going to work against our prudent approach of the past five years. Typical of the Saints' luck over the years. The upside of not settling for the lesser talents on offer this year is that we've saved more cash to splash on the elites. If that has been Ameet's strategy, then well done.

The other exciting development comes from an itk from Norf. He's a close friend of Phil Kelly and he tells me that the father says the son will not be going to Norf. He added that he will be coming back to Victoria in 2020. The bad news is, that we were the frontrunners to get him on his return until the dopers and Carlscum entered the race. They are now being considered seriously. Still, imagine if we get Gaff and Sloane in 2019 and Kelly in 2020? We can afford them, but we need a reasonably successful 2018 to show them we can help fulfill their ambitions. Plan "A" has failed. I wouldn't call this plan "B". More like plan "A-". If we bring this off, the premiership window will not open, it will be blown out of the frame. Throw in the natural improvement of our current list and the hope that this year's picks 7 & 8 live up to expectations by 2020 (3 preseasons by then), then we are well placed.

At the sound of the final siren of the 2010 GF replay, I had seen my saints fail to salute in 5 GFs. At the time I gave up all hope of ever seeing a premiership. Now, I'm starting to believe again. A fine servant, but cruel master is hope.
It is easy to quote anonymous sources and make simple and well documented propositions weeks/months after the event and you can imagine whatever you like about the future but that doesn't change the fact that your post was boring, pointless and far fetched.
By the way, if you are going to use the nickname 'Saints' try using a capital you hack.
I hope you dont write for a living but seeings you have dropped a number of clues to give your boring posts a false sense of informed credibility, Im frightfully certain that you do. Good luck with that. The amount if time you spend writing, rereading and reviewing your post here may be spent better doing some real work.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Its going to be a long 11 months....

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Drake Huggins
Club Player

CQ SAINT wrote:
Drake Huggins wrote:Excuse me if I'm Sir Eric Pearce with the late news, but I was sent an undated article by a colleague that suggested the Saints' management had made a firm offer to Rory Sloane in May this year. It is said to be 1.2 million x 4 years, with additional performance bonuses built in. A handy superannuation package for the Sloaney Pony, if he takes it up. He will turn 29 by the time he takes up the offer (if he does), but given the way he presents and prepares himself, I don't think that would be a problem. There's plenty of elite level footy left in him. If we could land Gaff at the same time, our midfield would suddenly be projected to the elite level. One of the reasons I was disappointed in our efforts to get lesser options in this trade period was that by acquiring Rockliff, Motflop and Saad, we would've given ourselves a very strong chance of making the eight in 2018. Even though they are handy, rather than top shelf, you only have to see the difference Nankervis, Prestia and Caddy made to Richmond this year.

That brings me to my next point. In order to attract players, we have to have the cash and SC room, which we have. It also needs the promise of short-term success. The money alone is not enough anymore. There has to be a realistic chance of ultimate success, and quickly. Melbourne and Essendon definitely look more attractive than we do after this year. FFS, even Carlscum is being reported as going past us, although I doubt that in reality. A lot of clubs now have SC room and are paying below the required TPP. We had positioned ourselves well, but the extra room afforded to all clubs is going to work against our prudent approach of the past five years. Typical of the Saints' luck over the years. The upside of not settling for the lesser talents on offer this year is that we've saved more cash to splash on the elites. If that has been Ameet's strategy, then well done.

The other exciting development comes from an itk from Norf. He's a close friend of Phil Kelly and he tells me that the father says the son will not be going to Norf. He added that he will be coming back to Victoria in 2020. The bad news is, that we were the frontrunners to get him on his return until the dopers and Carlscum entered the race. They are now being considered seriously. Still, imagine if we get Gaff and Sloane in 2019 and Kelly in 2020? We can afford them, but we need a reasonably successful 2018 to show them we can help fulfill their ambitions. Plan "A" has failed. I wouldn't call this plan "B". More like plan "A-". If we bring this off, the premiership window will not open, it will be blown out of the frame. Throw in the natural improvement of our current list and the hope that this year's picks 7 & 8 live up to expectations by 2020 (3 preseasons by then), then we are well placed.

At the sound of the final siren of the 2010 GF replay, I had seen my saints fail to salute in 5 GFs. At the time I gave up all hope of ever seeing a premiership. Now, I'm starting to believe again. A fine servant, but cruel master is hope.
It is easy to quote anonymous sources and make simple and well documented propositions weeks/months after the event and you can imagine whatever you like about the future but that doesn't change the fact that your post was boring, pointless and far fetched.
By the way, if you are going to use the nickname 'Saints' try using a capital you hack.
I hope you dont write for a living but seeings you have dropped a number of clues to give your boring posts a false sense of informed credibility, Im frightfully certain that you do. Good luck with that. The amount if time you spend writing, rereading and reviewing your post here may be spent better doing some real work.
Thanks for the typically insightful and useful comments. Up to the usual standard. The name saints can be used as a proper noun, or an ordinary noun, so the use of the capital is interchangeable, depending on preference. Any year 3 student would know that, which puts it well beyond your level of understanding, CQ SAINT. The use of all capitals is another error. Ironic, unless of course, you're trying to attract attention by shouting in print. The usual method the unintelligent and illiterate resort to. Why the hostility? First of all, I asked others to see if they could find the original article, so it was not an attempt to pass something off as coming from an anonymous source. Quite the opposite. That escaped your less than 70 points IQ as well. No matter. I deal with self-important (There it is again. Take note.) morons like you all the time. Secondly, Phil Kelly is not anonymous. He is the father of Josh and played for several seasons with North. Give him a call. Again, hardly anonymous.

Finally, I have made a tidy living out of writing, lecturing and public speaking for over 40 years. I've published several books, which I'm willing to bet is several more than you and your kindergarten style have managed to crank out. What a pathetic attack. Like being mauled by a dead sheep. We used to have a label for people like you when I was at uni. Bitter, old, envious, illiterate c*nts I think it was. That's right. Now before you start whining in the predictable fashion idiots like you invariably do, think about your own s*** behaviour. I doubt you have reflected on it in the past and wouldn't have posted your drivel if you had. Run along now. Whinge to the mods or your mummy about having your nastiness pointed out to you. Ring the faceless or supposedly anonymous Phil Kelly. He'll be shocked to find he actually exists. Far-fetched demands a hyphen, as does "well-documented. Seeings is plural, not singular. I'm is a contraction, so requires an apostrophe. So does don't. The amount "if" time is another beauty. I could continue to destroy your illiterate offering, but I don't want to embarrass you unnecessarily. It's clear you are a delicate little snowflake.

I could start on the grammar and syntax, but idiots like you are simply not worth it. I get the caveman-like (see what I did there, d**khead?) drivel. Never bring a knife to a gun fight, my illiterate little joke. Now project your appalling behaviour onto me, the way your type always does. It's all my fault for trying to raise a little interest in the offseason (yes, it's one word) for my fellow forumites. How dare I fire back at an anonymous forum bully. Especially one who clearly has no clue. Don't drink, take drugs and post, either. That's good advice for someone who regularly embarrasses themselves in print. Enjoy your life in that empty echo chamber you inhabit. When attacking someone for their writing style and calling them a hack, it behoves one to write in a literate style. To do otherwise, exposes you for what you are. I've described that in detail already.

<warning for abuse>

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

You did start on the grammar corrections first you ignoramus and you didnt ask others on here to find any original article.

You also mentioned an anonymous North itk who supposedly spoke to Phil Kelly who obviously cant wait to denegrate his sons decision to stay at GWS by telling a Norf itk that he is not going to North but is supposedly coming back to Victoria in 2020 and that the Saints were first in line until others joined the bidding. Sounds like a contrived load of shite you and your wanker mates at work tell eachother because you actually have nothing else to do. Your itk Norf friend is probably reading this now and having a good old chuckle.

I actually think you believe your own bulls***.

Sounds like you may have published a few fairy tales. Sloaney Pony and other trade TALES. Its all in the title really, isnt it?

I noticed you used finally in your second last paragraph. Not a massive error. More indicative of the fact that you dont know what your saying, where your saying it or when to shut up.
Oh and you wont get any complaints from a person like me and I dont need the mods to deal with a word warrior like you. Wouldnt make any difference. You would just change your name again and keep posting the same dribble again and again.
Some people write things and others do things. You write about others who wrote about someone who did something. Sad really.

<warning for abuse>

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

'You don't know what you're (contraction) saying; where you're (again) saying it...

I score this title fight as a win by the Drake by TKO.
A feeble attempt at defence by CQ, who clearly is out of condition and actually never had the requisite skills to start with. CQ's trainer admits that CQ should have withdrawn from the bout after knocking himself out with the speedball during the warm-up.

A return match is not expected. :mrgreen:

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:'You don't know what you're (contraction) saying; where you're (again) saying it...

I score this title fight as a win by the Drake by TKO.
A feeble attempt at defence by CQ, who clearly is out of condition and actually never had the requisite skills to start with. CQ's trainer admits that CQ should have withdrawn from the bout after knocking himself out with the speedball during the warm-up.

A return match is not expected. :mrgreen:
Youd be right if grammar was the basis of my point. Ive made his post interesting and raised its appeal. Unless you believe in fairytales of course. Im still waiting to hear anything factual or original. Im glad all you intelligent types are strong in grammar. If you are gonna talk s*** I suppose grammar matters. I have no doubt he understood every word regardless of whether it is or its not (see what I did there Drakey).

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Oh and 'Saints' is a nick name which replaces St.Kilda and makes it a proper noun which needs to be capitalized. Now I am not a professional writer like you are Drakey so I had to look it up but I believe I am right. I even found examples. It was really interesting.

Its a real shame I didnt do better academically but I was too busy having fun, playing footy and working afternoons and weekends for my dad, a builder and property developer or my mum who was a partner in a supported accomodation facility.

I wish my parents werent so wealthy because I might have taken my education more seriously. I made up for it later in life and have had lots of vocational training in my current employment as a Community Services Frontline Manager for a not for profit organisation.

You have read me really well it seems except Im not bitter, envious, illiterate, old or a c***. By the sounds of it Im probably about 20 years your junior. I have a great job, 5 kids, a beautiful young wife and a pretty secure financial position.

I played senior footy for 30 years until recently and I dont do drugs or drink alcohol very often. I probably wouldn't call Phil Kelly because like you, I dont know him or his number. Maybe your itk Norf mate can get his number for you and you can pass it out to us like you did with the information about his sons future contract plans. Nice work. You must be really well trusted and very popular.

Anyway champ. Sorry I didn't like your post. It just sounded like bulls***. I wasnt being hostile towards you, I was just being honest. I will have to practice passive agression and use terms like 'limited capacities' and 'dumb it down for you'. Thanks for the grammar lesson.

takeaway
Club Player

There's enough material in here for an entire conference.

Quiet time in footy at the moment but at least you keep things interesting DH.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I like the odd bait and troll... however, am glad I’ve never dared tangle with he two of you.

What fun reading

loris
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:I like the odd bait and troll... however, am glad I’ve never dared tangle with he two of you.

What fun reading
Ok skeptic have a joust with me - gloves on, but no Marquess of Queensbury Rules - that’s too tame.

And why don’t you proof read your posts? It’s ‘the two of you’ not ‘he two of you’, you illiterate dipstick. Or should that be dip-stick? Hyphens aren’t my strong point, however I’m brilliant with an apostrophe.

And I bet you are not even an ITK, so you can’t provide any fictional trade talk or who we’ll take with picks 7 or 8.

You are useless, just like AR, the recruiting team, Paddy Mc Cartin etc. I s’pose you come from a nice family and spent years in a private school, therefore no doubt you’ll have Con Gorozidis in your corner? :wink:

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:
skeptic wrote:I like the odd bait and troll... however, am glad I’ve never dared tangle with he two of you.

What fun reading
Ok skeptic have a joust with me - gloves on, but no Marquess of Queensbury Rules - that’s too tame.

And why don’t you proof read your posts? It’s ‘the two of you’ not ‘he two of you’, you illiterate dipstick. Or should that be dip-stick? Hyphens aren’t my strong point, however I’m brilliant with an apostrophe.

And I bet you are not even an ITK, so you can’t provide any fictional trade talk or who we’ll take with picks 7 or 8.

You are useless, just like AR, the recruiting team, Paddy Mc Cartin etc. I s’pose you come from a nice family and spent years in a private school, therefore no doubt you’ll have Con Gorozidis in your corner? :wink:
Where's the popcorn?
Things are getting entertajning here!

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:

What fun reading

Would a dipstick to this?

MODS!!!! MODSSSSS!!!!!!!

She’s really hurt my feelings. I’m upset and I won’t post here anymore and that blood is on your hands. Or is it YOU’RE hand? Who knows?

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Sloaney Pony and other trade tales.

Both CQ SAINT and Drake Huggins have received warnings and have received PMs to notify them that they are on watch for an ongoing dispute and as such face the potential bans outlined for ongoing disputes.

After revising the posted report by Skeptic being insulted by loris - I just laughed the whole thing off and remain thankful that some can have some humour on here still.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:Both CQ SAINT and Drake Huggins have received warnings and have received PMs to notify them that they are on watch for an ongoing dispute and as such face the potential bans outlined for ongoing disputes.

After revising the posted report by Skeptic being insulted by loris - I just laughed the whole thing off and remain thankful that some can have some humour on here still.
My sincerest apologies to anyone who was offended or upset by any comments I made.
Although personally I did not feel belittled or offended by any comments Drake made to me, my responses were meant to have a comical effect but I understand that others may have seen them as offensive and belittling to Drake himself.
My first warning. Hopefully my last.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:Both CQ SAINT and Drake Huggins have received warnings and have received PMs to notify them that they are on watch for an ongoing dispute and as such face the potential bans outlined for ongoing disputes.

Instead of being a dictator, how about moving their posts to the Animal Enclosure?
CQ asked to be put in his place, so Drake gave him a big whack.
I don't see why anyone would be upset.
CQ is a grown man. Let it slide, he doesn't seem to worry about it.
Geezus Simon, go watch a movie or something

Drake Huggins
Club Player

Exactly, WS. Neither of us appears to be damaged in any way. We're grown-ups. Occasionally we let fly with a comment that is inappropriate, but on the whole, it is rare. I was defending myself against what I considered to be a bizarre and unwarranted attack. I made my case forcefully. It's not a workplace or a school. It's an internet forum. It exists to inform and entertain. I believe that deep down, many on here enjoy following a good stoush. No one threatened anyone. No one appears to have been harmed. I certainly didn't complain. A bit of blue language was used, which is filtered from our sensitive eyes anyway, as though we can't stand the sight of the words s*** or d**khead or f*** and other words in common usage. Somehow, we will be irreparably damaged by seeing them. I don't need the school hall monitor to intervene on my behalf. In fact, I resent it. No wonder so many good contributors have left, or so I'm told. Some sooked up, but most leave these places because the sites become boring and irrelevant. Now I'm on a watch list. Hilarious. Will I get a call from ASIO? Seriously BFUSA, you are not the CIA, or maybe you are? :)

"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Drake Huggins wrote: Now I'm on a watch list. Hilarious. Will I get a call from ASIO? Seriously BFUSA, you are not the CIA, or maybe you are? :)
Welcome to the club mate. :D :wink: :twisted:

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure to be renamed as 'Stalag 13'

Mein Kampf
Ich bin ein Berliner
Bratwurst
Vorsprung durch technik (hey hey hey- who put that Audi phrase in here?)

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

I am positive a 3rd party observer complained. Strange really.

I dont understand it. I actually made the post heaps more entertaining. It was definitely the juvenile vulgarity that ruined it but it was harmless, more comical really, like a school ground outburst caught on youtube without the video.

Oh well its over now. Time to move on.

Drake Huggins
Club Player

CQ SAINT wrote:I am positive a 3rd party observer complained. Strange really.

I dont understand it. I actually made the post heaps more entertaining. It was definitely the juvenile vulgarity that ruined it but it was harmless, more comical really, like a school ground outburst caught on youtube without the video.

Oh well its over now. Time to move on.
Indeed, big fella. No great offense taken on my part. All part of growing up and being British, as we used to say back in the day!

"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"No, it isn't."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
Numpty

Drake Huggins wrote: Seriously BFUSA, you are not the CIA, or maybe you are? :)
More like Mossad, believe me. And I know this very well, because Mossad told me so. Yes, that's right. Mossad is a great friend of mine, a very great friend. And I know this because he told me so himself. And so did my son-in-law Ashton. And Ashton is a great friend of mine too, believe me. And I know this because he also told me so. Himself. Nobody has great friends like I do, believe me. #makinggreatfriendsgrateagain