Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

The place to discuss issues with administrators and moderators. Suggestions welcome. All bans will be posted here and the banning appeals process will be held in this forum.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

coopergrech
Club Player

Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

Oh I thought Nick Haynes was coming....and others you had mentioned...obviously you guess just like the rest of us or have hope.

We are all equal with our information. Tomlinson is a more of a chance then Haynes..
jaxons wrote:
MC Gusto wrote:Any news jax ?!

Nothing at this stage, as i have maintained all along, get ready to go to draft with picks 7 and 8.

It is the right strategy.

jaxons
Club Player

Re: Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

coopergrech wrote:Oh I thought Nick Haynes was coming....and others you had mentioned...obviously you guess just like the rest of us or have hope.

We are all equal with our information. Tomlinson is a more of a chance then Haynes..
jaxons wrote:

Nothing at this stage, as i have maintained all along, get ready to go to draft with picks 7 and 8.

Blokes like this muppet is exactly why I won't be feeding any more information to this forum.

avid
Club Player

Dear Jaxons,
Please ignore the handful of self-important smart-arses on this forum.
The ones who think all opinions are equal, for instance. (Especially theirs.)
All opinions have an equal right to be heard, but that doesn't make them equal in value, or credibility.
The quality of information on which they are based determines their worth. As do the breadth of experience, or clarity of logic that help form that information into authoritative opinion.
Your predictions haven't been 100% right, as you never claimed they would be. But they've always been best availalble info -- deeply informed, and cautiously stated.
Keep it up.
Most of us here appreciate your input.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:
coopergrech wrote:Oh I thought Nick Haynes was coming....and others you had mentioned...obviously you guess just like the rest of us or have hope.

jaxons wrote:

Blokes like this muppet is exactly why I won't be feeding any more information to this forum.
Ignore it Jaxons. Keyboard warriors in their anonymous glory.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:

All information is not equal.
All opinions are not equal.

Is my opinion or information on your job equal to yours? No.

damienc
Club Player

jaxons wrote:

jaxons wrote:

I think everybody needs to take three deep breaths and chill. In case you haven't noticed, this is the silly season.

No footy being played.

So, football writers and commentators, are duty bound to write and talk about something.

They get very excited about blokes, most of whom you've never heard of, who can't get a game with their existing club and probably won't get a game with their new club, and elevate them to the next big thing.

The Saints, on the surface, appear quiet in this trade period.

There 's still a couple of days left so anything is possible but, by and large, those excited football writers haven't been writing about the St Kilda football club.

And that clearly bothers and frustrates some people on this forum. They think this means the club isn't doing anything or is simply allowing opportunity to slip by.

Rest assured the club is doing plenty. But it's all behind the scenes stuff out of the public gaze.

We have some smart guys representing the Saints. Cast your mind back this time a year ago. Bains pulled off the deal of the century.

We managed to prise a top 10 draft pick out of the Hawks which meant we go to this year's draft with two top ten picks. The only club to be in that position.

To say or think we haven't been active this year just doesn't stack up. We would have thrown the kitchen sink to get Kelly knowing how badly we need elite midfield talent but in the end he decided not go anywhere.

The poor old ITK's have given us some good intell about other things we've tried and when it doesn't come off we want to shoot the messenger.

Let me share a little secret.

You ready?

Not everything succeeds. You try stuff and it doesn't work. Sadly, that's life.

So don't let the hysteria of trade week cloud your judgement.

We will, in all likelihood, go to this year's draft with two top ten picks. Even in a lean draft it is still a great position. It means we get two talented young footballers to add to our list.

So think about that and resist the temptation to shoot the messenger. They are our friends. He or she is only trying to help us navigate turbulent times. So cut them some slack.

They need encouragement, not criticism.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
mad saint guy wrote:I really can't see how we would get a better outcome by trading than taking 7 and 8 to the draft right now. We can be guaranteed access to two of Stephenson, Cerra, Higgins, Coffield and Brayshaw who are all quality young players who would improve our team in the next couple of years.

Get one of Collins, Talia or Austin for free and focus on bringing in elite talent with our early picks. I'm disappointed that we didn't go after FA's like Trengove and Motlop or land Kelly but there's no point in paying overs for a GOP like Tomlinson.
+1. Totally agree.

You'd think Tomlinson was Alex Rance with some of the carry on here.
I'm not going to read back through all this s***, but is anyone suggesting we trade 7 or 8 for Tomlinson? Hickey and a future 3rd rounder, job done.

Anyway, where Haynes? :wink:

saynta
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:

\

Gee, no kidding?

degruch
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
jaxons wrote:

\

Gee, no kidding?
Bains claims we're working to dish off one of those picks.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:

jaxons wrote:

Remind me exactly what information have you actually fed to this forum that was correct jaxons?

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
jaxons wrote:

jaxons wrote:

Remind me exactly what information have you actually fed to this forum that was correct jaxons?
I cant fathom how people like yourself cant see how the trade period is fluid and things change by the hour. Jaxons has tried to add to the thread by keeping us updated, yet some posters seem to suggest he has committed treason when the suggested trades dont occur.

He may have gone early with some calls, but so what it adds interest to the thread. Some people can do nothing in life but criticise others...

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

If I was Jaxons I wouldnt bother with this or any other forum. It's not worth it. Thanks for all the goss!

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Legendary
Club Player

Why do people feel the need to criticise? So what if he's an inside source or making it up? Does it really matter? Why attack him? Does it make you feel good?

Trying to give certainty about our trade period strategy is like trying to predict with certainty which horse will win a race every 50 metres until the finish line. It's impossible. Yes there are some indicators, but there are surprises and unexpected things happen along the way.

I appreciate people who post information. I hope jaxons continues to post on this forum or elsewhere on the internet.

Tall poppy syndrome is alive and well.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Legendary wrote:Why do people feel the need to criticise? So what if he's an inside source or making it up? Does it really matter? Why attack him? Does it make you feel good?

Trying to give certainty about our trade period strategy is like trying to predict with certainty which horse will win a race every 50 metres until the finish line. It's impossible. Yes there are some indicators, but there are surprises and unexpected things happen along the way.

I appreciate people who post information. I hope jaxons continues to post on this forum or elsewhere on the internet.

I just don't feel the need to swoon at the feet of self promoting bulls*** artists. jaxons not the only one.There are plenty in the press. Anyone really in the know is going to keep that information pretty close to their chest, wouldn't you say?

Anyway whatever floats Your boat. He certainly is not believable to me and I have been consistent with that opinion for several years now,
Last edited by saynta on Tue 17 Oct 2017 12:50pm, edited 1 time in total.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
Legendary wrote:Why do people feel the need to criticise? So what if he's an inside source or making it up? Does it really matter? Why attack him? Does it make you feel good?

I just don't feel the need to swoon at the feet of self promoting bulls*** artists. jaxons not the only one.There are plenty in the press. Anyone really in the know is going to keep that information pretty close to their chest, wouldn't you say?

Anyway whatever floats tour boat. He certainly is not believable to me and I have been consistent with that opinion for several years now,
You know the earth is round?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Come on people.

:roll:

Some manners, please.

Stop ruining it for everyone else.

It's not that hard.

Selfish gits...

:evil:

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Proph3t of egan
Club Player

saynta wrote:

Anyway whatever floats tour boat. He certainly is not believable to me and I have been consistent with that opinion for several years now,
Theres a separate thread for where you can do this, you should hang around there and talk about whether Jaxon's is full of crap or not

Fortius quo Fidelius means Strength through Loyalty. . . I think
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:Come on people.

:roll:

Some manners, please.

Stop ruining it for everyone else.

It's not that hard.

Selfish gits...

:evil:
Exactly. Keyboard warriors.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:Anyway whatever floats tour boat.
It's water, isn't it?
Every tour boat I've been on has been floated on water...

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Hey stinger, don't open this thread if it doesn't interest you… no-one wants to hear your s***.

Take it or leave it folks… carry on jaxons and anyone else who wants to take a stab.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Come in spinners. I own a 50% share in the Sydney opera house and am willing to share my profits with all you gullible posters for a small investment. 8-) 8-) 8-) :twisted:

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:If I was Jaxons I wouldnt bother with this or any other forum. It's not worth it. Thanks for all the goss!
+1
The guy is clearly ITK, just trying to help out fellow Sainters and he cops all that crap. Surprised he stick round as long as he did.

Nee!
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

fugazi wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:If I was Jaxons I wouldnt bother with this or any other forum. It's not worth it. Thanks for all the goss!
+1
The guy is clearly ITK, just trying to help out fellow Sainters and he cops all that crap. Surprised he stuck round as long as he did.

Nee!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

fugazi wrote:
+1
The guy is clearly ITK, just trying to help out fellow Sainters and he cops all that crap. Surprised he stick round as long as he did.
I say rubbish. What has he told this forum that actually panned out.

Telling the truth around here is certainly not appreciated.

Someone really in the know would keep quiet imho, for fear of the saints being thwarted, or is that too hard to understand.

outside66
Club Player

It's negative people like you Saynta that spoil forums like these for the rest of us! If this is how you treat your fellow Saint then I bet you're the type of 'supporter' who would prefer to bag players than cheer them on. I happen to enjoy when Jaxons or anyone else for that matter come up with information that may or may not be eventually accurate. It certainly has helped this uneventful 'trade period' move along in my eyes.