deleted

The place to discuss issues with administrators and moderators. Suggestions welcome. All bans will be posted here and the banning appeals process will be held in this forum.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

deleted

Just putting it out there.

I understand rules are rules and what he said was offensive.

(See the admin forum for offending post).

I, for one, would never think the 3 offending posts warrant automatic one week bans.

Really over the top rules. Really over the top interpretations also.

Interested in others POV. I hope this doesn't mean the for WW, and he comes back under another nick
Last edited by saintspremiers on Mon 31 Jul 2017 3:14am, edited 1 time in total.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Re: Discussion re WW banning not allowed

Happy to see the end of that nic. That's not a comment regarding the poster, just the nic he was using.

Hey Sp; Maybe you could come up with some suggestions for a new nic for him.

What about 'Dusky Ditterich' or better still why not denigrate another StKilda legend and one that has past - 'Black Baldock' would be such a terrific nic, don't you think?

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Are we referring to Kosi's thread with the link to a Times article on the Pride match? I noticed that one got rather heated. I'm guessing it also got deleted as I can't seem to find it now.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:Are we referring to Kosi's thread with the link to a Times article on the Pride match? I noticed that one got rather heated. I'm guessing it also got deleted as I can't seem to find it now.
I was embarrassed to be associated with that thread so I kept changing the title.

It was moved to the Admin forum.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Re: deleted

saintspremiers wrote:Just putting it out there.

I, for one, would never think the 3 offending posts warrant automatic one week bans.

Interested in others POV. I hope this doesn't mean the for WW, and he comes back under another nick
I thought the one week bans for some (and 3 in a year for WW resulting in him going for good) were way over the top. Having said that I thought that Iluvharvs (or whatever the name was) got off extremely lightly.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

could have moved it straight to th general forum. unfortunate that the gf has practically died, helped by some manipulation a few years back, as this sort of conversation in the past would have been held there, without it when people want to debate it, they inevitably post something in a main forum thread - because it's the only one posters are participating in. i think this shows exactly why a gf is important in a footy forum. but the horse has bolted.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
dals_da_bomb
Club Player

I have previously suggested that we are able to shadow topics when we move them. The PRO is anyone viewing the main forum will see the topic and should they want to read the thread once they click in to it they will UNKNOWINGLY be taken to the forum it has been moved to. (AE/GENERAL/ADMIN)

The CON is this will congest the forum. There may be many threads that are not 'saints'.
Once a 'shadow' has been created it cant be turned off. It will forever remain visible.

And that brings me to finally - this thread -
It needs to be moved.
The Admin forum.

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
dals_da_bomb
Club Player

Ive used this thread as an example of the shadowing.
The thread has been moved - but the shadow will be available on the menu in the MAIN forum.
Unfortunately i can not 'turn off' the shadow now - but what better way to provide an example.

Feedback on the opinions of the shadow would be helpful.

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

The shadow does stay on the main forum but it doesn't get bumped to the top with new posts.

If you want to try it in another thread, try the one about what Gerard Whateley said.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
dals_da_bomb
Club Player

kosifantutti wrote:The shadow does stay on the main forum but it doesn't get bumped to the top with new posts.

If you want to try it in another thread, try the one about what Gerard Whateley said.
Interesting!
It doesnt get bumped back up.
Good point. This is another CON I guess.

I will look at the thread you suggested.
Thank you!

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

I want WW to only serve a week
and come back stronger than ever.
He was my top poster, just about ToT, who is second only because he is too verbose (too many words)

WW is my favourite poster and a lot won't agree with me, but he has incredible insight and intelligence,
and don't forget he actually worked at the damn Titanic in a high ranking position
so gave us insights into the workings of the draft, etc.

Don't be a stranger, WW!!!

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Jacks Back wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:Just putting it out there.

I thought the one week bans for some (and 3 in a year for WW resulting in him going for good) were way over the top. Having said that I thought that Iluvharvs (or whatever the name was) got off extremely lightly.
In hindsight I agree with you. In saying that though I stand by my comments. It is a topic that is near and dear to me, and have seen the ugliness that can come from it.
I got very heated which is something I don't tend to get.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Ok, some 'out-there' comments, but hey, we all say stuff from time to time. I reckon, just ask WW to pull his headband in, and welcome him back. Same goes for other Saintsationalists who have been banished in recent times.

PS: WW, I must say I'm a tad disappointed. I was hoping that your new incarnation would be something suitably creative and 'thought-provoking'. Along the lines of, say, 'Black Bradman'...? :wink:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen: