That's better.

The place to discuss issues with administrators and moderators. Suggestions welcome. All bans will be posted here and the banning appeals process will be held in this forum.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

roskilde
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Nothing to see here. Another hijacked thread.

desertsaint wrote:enjoy good, robust debate. dislike those who simply try to silence opinion through insult.
i disagree though ww, in your provactive reduction of gayness to sodomy. the points you make are all valid, but there are many other points you exclude, the big one being the right to love who you love and have that acceptable by society and law. obviously having sexual relations with animals and minors will remain abhorrent and punishable to most, and minors should be protected from gay influence to a certain extent, but surely two grown adults can be allowed to express their love of one another openly and proudly and have society at the very least tolerate it, more hopefully accept and recognise it?
This sounds reasonable but I can't help but feel a bit cynical about the whole thing.

There seems to be an issue of social engineering at play which I find troubling.

For the left it seems that these exotic gender/sexual/racial identities have come to function as the working class used to for radicals -- namely as the vanguard of their revolutionary activity.

That's what I find most problematic. I honestly think the homosexual issue is mostly a distraction.

Hope that makes some sense.

This was my father's belief
And this is also mine:
Let the corn be all one sheaf--
And the grapes be all one vine,
Ere our children's teeth are set on edge
By bitter bread and wine.
roskilde
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Nothing to see here. Another hijacked thread.

SaintPav wrote:I thought Nick Smith's brother's comment about wishing he could come out when he was playing Auskick was interesting.

When a topic begins to dominate the public discourse I immediately become suspicious as every thinking person should.

Every mainstream "liberal" left party in the Western world has jumped on to this bandwagon and if people think political power actually give a rats about gay pride etc they are being simplistic and naive. Eg Killary Clinton and Barack Obama. Both imperialist scumbags. Political opportunism.

I would vote for equal marriage rights btw.
Yes I think this is an extremely important point to remember.

I remember a quote from a New Labour insider Andrew Neather who described their policy of mass immigration as designed to 'Rub the right's nose in diversity and render their arguments out of date'.

That's, IMO, the true force animating this debate. The left wants to marginalize those with socially conservative -- and especially Christian -- opinion.

Wicked but kind of genius when you think about it.

Just don't tell me this is about real compassion.

Just my opinion.

This was my father's belief
And this is also mine:
Let the corn be all one sheaf--
And the grapes be all one vine,
Ere our children's teeth are set on edge
By bitter bread and wine.
jimmy_slats
Club Player

Re: That's better.

Change your name "white" winmar the man you use in your name would not have a bar of an old bigot like you! How about you go tell him your views on his sons choices and while your at it explain why you refer to yourself as the white winmar I've never heard anyone call him the black winmar.... Shows a lot about you this argument, to busy getting advice from your 90yo priest me thinks

'WALK THIS WAY!!!!!'
terry smith rules
SS Hall of Fame

jimmy_slats wrote:Change your name "white" winmar the man you use in your name would not have a bar of an old bigot like you! How about you go tell him your views on his sons choices and while your at it explain why you refer to yourself as the white winmar I've never heard anyone call him the black winmar.... Shows a lot about you this argument, to busy getting advice from your 90yo priest me thinks
Exactly what I was thinking yesterday. Well said.

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

jimmy_slats wrote:Change your name "white" winmar the man you use in your name would not have a bar of an old bigot like you! How about you go tell him your views on his sons choices and while your at it explain why you refer to yourself as the white winmar I've never heard anyone call him the black winmar.... Shows a lot about you this argument, to busy getting advice from your 90yo priest me thinks
one of the mods asked us to refrain from commenting.
However you guys need to take a breath and realise that his comments are not those of a bigot
but a realist, who lives in the real world, and who can see through the spin of Social Justice Warriors.
These SJWs have a sneaky agenda which has nothing to do with compassion
or inclusion.
The SJW's are all about virtue signalling
and WW has not shown any homophobia at all, he is calling out the SJWs and the sheep that follow them.
Personal attacks on him simply prove that his opponents cannot use logic at all and fail to understand the topic.
Don't bring a knife to a gunfight.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
jimmy_slats
Club Player

So if winmar were to comment on this you would call him that? I'm pretty sure the only justice he would ever seek would be for that of his son which he has talked openly about but hey don't let reality get in the way of your real world

'WALK THIS WAY!!!!!'
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Haters spreading hate. That's all it is. But they can justify it to themselves and even can claim they are the victims!
Classic! And yes Winmar would be downright disgusted to have his name associated with someone who acts this way!

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
dals_da_bomb
Club Player

Posters

We are trying to review this thread - its done away from this thread - you dont see it but its happening.

Ive asked to please not comment any further

i realise its heated - i realise everyone wants to have their say and i realise some are really upset.

NO FURTHER COMMENTS -
Going against a really reasonable request for a thread needing moderation isnt fair.
ANY COMMENT FURTHER WHILE THIS IS IN MODERATION WILL BE REVIEWED SEPARATELY TO THE REPORTS ALREADY IN PLACE.
That report will be COMMENT ON A THREAD IVE MADE CLEAR IS LOCKED FOR ALL INTENSIVE PURPOSES.

Umpire (thats me) has closed play (this thread)

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

RESULTS OF THE REVIEW OF THE "That's better" THREAD MOVED TO THE ADMIN FORUM FOR ASSESSMENT:

White Winmar
"And it baffles me that people think that men sodomising each other should be a source of pride."
- a one week ban for using sexually explicit term / commentary AND as this his 3rd ban within a year, a permanent NIC ban is now in place

Bringbackmaddog
"What a moronic ignorant statement to make. So it's ok for a bloke to brag to his mates because his girlfriend allows him to anally penetrate her but two men who genuinely love each other and share physical love in the privacy of their own room should be ashamed?"
You are a complete Neanderthal
- a one week ban for using sexually explicit term / commentary

JohnnyMember
"Yeah, it's not my bag either (excuse the pun). But I get grossed out by the thought of old people or fat people rooting too. But when I see them walking down the street, I don't instantly visualize them banging each other. Seems White Winmar does with gay men. Each to their own I suppose."
- a week ban for using sexually explicit term / commentary

IluvHarvey
"The ugly truth of homosexuality?????
You are an utter disgrace of a human and the biggest piece of s*** on this forum.
I lost one of my best friends due to this behaviour!
He was a better person than you will ever be you f****** loser!"
- a WARNING for abuse

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"