Relocated player sponsorship posts

The place to discuss issues with administrators and moderators. Suggestions welcome. All bans will be posted here and the banning appeals process will be held in this forum.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Joe Bloggs
Club Player

Re: Player sponsorship

This is hilarious ..

saynta
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:
loris wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:How many shares did you say you were taking this year?
Gawd you've taken up plugger66's modus operandi. Go back and read at least the previous two years threads on Saintsational player sponsorship.

Saintbrat used to update the tally and who paid & hadn't paid for Mr Magic. One year Mm was overseas for a time then had a family wedding that was taking up his time, so Saintbrat was assisting him. Every so often plugger66 would make the snide post to Saintbrat - why don't you buy a share? Or words to that effect. I thought they were such despicable comments to make. Saintbrat the CLASSY lady she is just used to ignore him. Plus I think she had him on ignore, so didn't get to see them. Only when some posters told her about the comments

Some of us that know bratty know she participates in the the Ballarat Supporters Group, sponsoring of players. And not only that she privately sponsors players. She puts her money into they club, silently.

Not in last years sponsorship thread, but the thread the year before I picked plugger up on his despicable (IMO) posts. I think there were about 3 snide posts it made like that year. Ofcourse to no effect.

Last year I notice he did it again, I had been asked not to comment on him. So I ignored it. Though I can tell you I was seething. Another poster picked him up on it. Can't recall who the poster was, but it had the desired effect, it halted plugger66 from any further posting on that tread in such a manner.

I had always participated in the player sponsorship, however in 2014 I decided - no more. The reason being Mods did not step in and put a stop to plugger66 from making such snide comments to bratty. It was such poor form by both plugger66 & the mods IMO. In sensitive areas such as getting posters to give money to something the site is running. It must be moderated closely, no poster should be embarrassed on how much they are contributing or why they are not contributing.

Sorry Saintbrat if you read this, as I know you would have preferred me to shut the fxxk up.!!!

So kosifantutti I don't think its advisable to go down the ex-plugger66 style of trying to shame a poster, by asking them how many shares they are taking......... More likely shame will end up with you, with that type of behaviour. It doesn't matter how much you like or dislike a poster.
I can't remember Saintbrat ever running down Mr Magic or actively discouraging people from contributing. So no support from me for Plugger there.

But if these two are going to derail a thread that is here to arrange sponsorship for the club and actively discourage others from taking part, they deserve every thing they get.

Can't you even read. Loris never said that saintbrat ran anybody down much less Mr Magic ffs.

AS for me I haven't tried to discourage anybody fofrom doing anything. All I ever said was count me out.

Anyway for your information, I give the club over a thousand dollars every year. How much do you contribute?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Joe Bloggs wrote:This is hilarious ..
Plus a thousand mate.

#gosaintas
Club Player

It's a player sponsorship thread not a plugger bashing thread. There's a few here who are out of line in a dedicated thread for sponsorship, not for discussing the merits of plugger.

ripplug66
Club Player

#gosaintas wrote:It's a player sponsorship thread not a plugger bashing thread. There's a few here who are out of line in a dedicated thread for sponsorship, not for discussing the merits of plugger.

At least you can put your personal dislike of my posting behind helping the club. We now have 66 shares pledged. I don't think we will get many if any more after the attack on my character today so I need someone else to do this job. We are well over half way so if anyone wants to volunteer that would be great. I don't want to really do this but I think its best for player sponsorship.

#gosaintas
Club Player

ripplug66 wrote:
#gosaintas wrote:It's a player sponsorship thread not a plugger bashing thread. There's a few here who are out of line in a dedicated thread for sponsorship, not for discussing the merits of plugger.

At least you can put your personal dislike of my posting behind helping the club. We now have 66 shares pledged. I don't think we will get many if any more after the attack on my character today so I need someone else to do this job. We are well over half way so if anyone wants to volunteer that would be great. I don't want to really do this but I think its best for player sponsorship.

I have no personal dislike of anyone here - it's a saints forum. Most disagree with my views on stuff but who gives a s***? Certainly not me. I assume most of us would get along fine in a pub.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Relocated player sponsorship posts

Posts in this thread are relocated from the 2016 player sponsorship thread because they are off topic.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:
loris wrote:
Gawd you've taken up plugger66's modus operandi. Go back and read at least the previous two years threads on Saintsational player sponsorship.

Saintbrat used to update the tally and who paid & hadn't paid for Mr Magic. One year Mm was overseas for a time then had a family wedding that was taking up his time, so Saintbrat was assisting him. Every so often plugger66 would make the snide post to Saintbrat - why don't you buy a share? Or words to that effect. I thought they were such despicable comments to make. Saintbrat the CLASSY lady she is just used to ignore him. Plus I think she had him on ignore, so didn't get to see them. Only when some posters told her about the comments

Some of us that know bratty know she participates in the the Ballarat Supporters Group, sponsoring of players. And not only that she privately sponsors players. She puts her money into they club, silently.

Not in last years sponsorship thread, but the thread the year before I picked plugger up on his despicable (IMO) posts. I think there were about 3 snide posts it made like that year. Ofcourse to no effect.

Last year I notice he did it again, I had been asked not to comment on him. So I ignored it. Though I can tell you I was seething. Another poster picked him up on it. Can't recall who the poster was, but it had the desired effect, it halted plugger66 from any further posting on that tread in such a manner.

I had always participated in the player sponsorship, however in 2014 I decided - no more. The reason being Mods did not step in and put a stop to plugger66 from making such snide comments to bratty. It was such poor form by both plugger66 & the mods IMO. In sensitive areas such as getting posters to give money to something the site is running. It must be moderated closely, no poster should be embarrassed on how much they are contributing or why they are not contributing.

Sorry Saintbrat if you read this, as I know you would have preferred me to shut the fxxk up.!!!

So kosifantutti I don't think its advisable to go down the ex-plugger66 style of trying to shame a poster, by asking them how many shares they are taking......... More likely shame will end up with you, with that type of behaviour. It doesn't matter how much you like or dislike a poster.
I can't remember Saintbrat ever running down Mr Magic or actively discouraging people from contributing. So no support from me for Plugger there.

But if these two are going to derail a thread that is here to arrange sponsorship for the club and actively discourage others from taking part, they deserve every thing they get.

Can't you even read. Loris never said that saintbrat ran anybody down much less Mr Magic ffs.

AS for me I haven't tried to discourage anybody fofrom doing anything. All I ever said was count me out.

Anyway for your information, I give the club over a thousand dollars every year. How much do you contribute?
Before you suggest that someone can't read, you might want to, you know, read what they wrote.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
loris
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:
saynta wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:
loris wrote:

Before you suggest that someone can't read, you might want to, you know, read what they wrote.

Please enlighten me where oh were did I say anything about Saintbrat running down Mr Magic or that she would actively discourage people form contributing? Absolute stuff and nonsense. Are you looking for wriggle room? It reads like it.

Bratty & mr Magic in my view are two of the most respected self effacing posters on this site. Both of them selfless in the manner they contribute.

My critical points were the methodology of plugger66 (over a couple of years on the sponsorship thread) having snide digs at why wouldn't Sainbrat buy a share. Then in this thread you did the same to a different poster saynta. That is poor form from my view. I'd have called any poster out on that be it you, plugger, saynta, even Saintbrat.

I was critical of mods who ever they were at the time (where you one Kosifantutti?) for not pulling plugger66 up for his posts then. They were IMO, totally uncalled for and hurtful.

Where I admit maybe I went too far in my post, was saying the reason I stopped being part of contributing to the player sponsorship was because the Mods took no action on plugger66 at the time. I could have kept that to myself.

The only reason I said in my original post ' Sorry bratty if you read this. As I know you would want me to shut the fxxk up!' was because it was private info I know about all the sponsoring of players bratty does for the club. As I said before, bratty is a self-effacing, selfless generous individual. I know her personally, count her as a friend and I'm sure it's reciprocated. So I feel most uncomfortable that you could twist my words to say I said bratty could undermine Mr Magic. Both Bratty & Mr Magic did a wonderful job.

Totally unbelievable your twisting or interpretation of my words. Unbelievable :roll:

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Re: Relocated player sponsorship posts

I hope you guys don't read or write for a living.

Here is what I wrote.

"I can't remember Saintbrat ever running down Mr Magic or actively discouraging people from contributing. So no support from me for Plugger there."

saynta
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:I hope you guys don't read or write for a living.

Here is what I wrote.

"I can't remember Saintbrat ever running down Mr Magic or actively discouraging people from contributing. So no support from me for Plugger there."
What you wrote suggests that loris did what you are having difficulty remembering. ffs. Are you that dim?

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

That makes no sense at all.

IanRush
SS Hall of Fame

HI all,
To repreat, I think the raw idea is great, but plugger is either a full time 'online villian' or he is not.

That's my issue, the raw idea is great.

USELESS FACT: The WADA case against Essendon (in Sydney as well) is exactly 10 years to the day that Australia qualified for the 2006 FIFA World Cup.
HarryM
Club Player

The guy's a well known serial pest and carries a lot of baggage from years of lurking on here, and he only has himself to blame.

Integrity = squeaky clean and trustworthy.

Yeah right, as if anyone would volunteer personal information to him.

Should've held the job application open a bit longer IMO.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

It's not the right thread, but how many shares can we put you down for HarryM. Plugger is not running it now.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

IanRush wrote:HI all,
To repreat, I think the raw idea is great, but plugger is either a full time 'online villian' or he is not.

Great to finally have your approval for the concept. I don't know how we carried on for 10 years without it.

IanRush
SS Hall of Fame

kosifantutti wrote:
IanRush wrote:HI all,

Great to finally have your approval for the concept. I don't know how we carried on for 10 years without it.
If you cool it with the attitude just a tad, I’ll put in 2 shares ($40). Who is administering the fund now?

USELESS FACT: The WADA case against Essendon (in Sydney as well) is exactly 10 years to the day that Australia qualified for the 2006 FIFA World Cup.
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Nobody. But thanks for the contribution.

HarryM
Club Player

kosifantutti wrote:It's not the right thread, but how many shares can we put you down for HarryM. Plugger is not running it now.
You sure set the bar high because I long to be a hero just like you and wear a shiny badge :D
Last edited by HarryM on Wed 20 Jan 2016 11:32am, edited 1 time in total.

HarryM
Club Player

kosifantutti wrote:Nobody. But thanks for the contribution.
For what its worth

Your attitude and sour grapes remarks on this subject have done nothing to enhance this project whatsoever, so no good blaming everyone else for having an opinion.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

So you'll be taking less than last year. Where do I send the cheque?

ripplug66
Club Player

You fools got your way. Kosi will now do it. Thanks. Less work for me.