Hands up if you remember StoneCold?

The place to discuss issues with administrators and moderators. Suggestions welcome. All bans will be posted here and the banning appeals process will be held in this forum.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Hands up if you remember StoneCold?

Postby stonecold » Thu 24 Sep 2015 5:40pm

RIP Plugger66
'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!
stonecold
Club Player
 
Posts: 1701
Joined: Thu 24 Sep 2015 3:12pm

Re: Hands up if you remember StoneCold?

Postby mr six o'clock » Thu 24 Sep 2015 6:05pm

What ?

I just kicked your ass !
In red white and black from 73
mr six o'clock
SS Life Member
 
Posts: 3300
Joined: Fri 17 Nov 2006 1:05am

Re: Hands up if you remember StoneCold?

Postby BigMart » Thu 24 Sep 2015 6:27pm

I certainly do

Very interesting, albeit disappointing about P66

No doubt a pompous, self righteous, antagonistic and at times just a club apologist who always liked to counter, rather than suggest IMO ....
However, he was never nasty or personal(except one occasion) .
Has a logical and simplistic viewpoint, would have been better served giving ideas and not just shooting down others... But he made many valid points.
Therefore a valuable contributor I would have thought?!

A good StK supporter ... No question
BigMart
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 13622
Joined: Sat 22 Mar 2008 6:06pm

Re: Hands up if you remember StoneCold?

Postby saynta » Thu 24 Sep 2015 6:37pm

BigMart wrote:I certainly do

Very interesting, albeit disappointing about P66

No doubt a pompous, self righteous, antagonistic and at times just a club apologist who always liked to counter, rather than suggest IMO ....
However, he was never nasty or personal(except one occasion) .
Has a logical and simplistic viewpoint, would have been better served giving ideas and not just shooting down others... But he made many valid points.
Therefore a valuable contributor I would have thought?!

A good StK supporter ... No question


Good to see you back posting. An unusual coincidence with you and dave coming back just after the person you described was given a life ban?

Unfortunately, I didn't have the same experience with him.

He was certainly nasty and very personal with me.

Also, I am now starting to wonder who the original stone cold was. Obviously it was a duel nickname.
saynta
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 4875
Joined: Wed 10 Mar 2004 3:53pm

Re: Hands up if you remember StoneCold?

Postby Austinnn » Thu 24 Sep 2015 6:51pm

Big Mart is back?! Was that the deal?



No, I'll take Plugger66 back please.
Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
User avatar
Austinnn
Club Player
 
Posts: 1533
Joined: Wed 22 Jun 2011 6:02pm
Location: France

Re: Hands up if you remember StoneCold?

Postby saintsRrising » Thu 24 Sep 2015 7:12pm

Austinnn wrote:Big Mart is back?! Was that the deal?



No, I'll take Plugger66 back please.


Looks like with P66 having commenced his exiile by taking up residence on BigFooty that BigMart has returned from there...
Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
User avatar
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 26507
Joined: Mon 15 Mar 2004 11:07am
Location: Off to St Kilda Scotland in 2018

Re: Hands up if you remember StoneCold?

Postby saynta » Thu 24 Sep 2015 7:15pm

saintsRrising wrote:
Austinnn wrote:Big Mart is back?! Was that the deal?



No, I'll take Plugger66 back please.


Looks like with P66 having commenced his exiile by taking up residence on BigFooty that BigMart has returned from there...


We have three back already.

Dave, stone cold and now big mart. Three great posters.
Last edited by saynta on Thu 24 Sep 2015 7:16pm, edited 1 time in total.
saynta
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 4875
Joined: Wed 10 Mar 2004 3:53pm

Re: Hands up if you remember StoneCold?

Postby Devilhead » Thu 24 Sep 2015 7:16pm

Stonecold and Austinn on the same thread :shock:

Just need Stevie to pop up now
The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
User avatar
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 4541
Joined: Mon 08 Mar 2004 11:56pm

Re: Hands up if you remember StoneCold?

Postby saynta » Thu 24 Sep 2015 7:17pm

Devilhead wrote:Stonecold and Austinn on the same thread :shock:

Just need Stevie to pop up now


Austin with three n's no less.
saynta
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 4875
Joined: Wed 10 Mar 2004 3:53pm

Re: Hands up if you remember StoneCold?

Postby Austinnn » Thu 24 Sep 2015 7:25pm

If that's true I might have to defect to BF for good.

BF:
Pros: high ratio of reasonable posters
Non-aggressive emoticons to help avoid arguments (laugh all you like but little things like that make a big difference)
Like button
Contributions from opposition supporters
Proper ignore function: As far as I know Big Mart left the site the same day I put him on ignore
Embedded videos possible

Cons:
Bit studenty/supercoach/cliquey
Now with added P66, although this isn't really a negative yet as he's been very tame over there so far. But I understand some folks react badly to him.
Some cool SS posters like WSis and ConG, etc don't appear to have made the jump.

Meanwhile SS has saynta, sPrem, Teflon, and now BigMart again? And the ignore function still allows you to see them? The hell with that...
Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
User avatar
Austinnn
Club Player
 
Posts: 1533
Joined: Wed 22 Jun 2011 6:02pm
Location: France

Re: Hands up if you remember StoneCold?

Postby BigMart » Thu 24 Sep 2015 8:05pm

Relax folks,

I ain't back!!
So those folk who took aim at me, knowing there would be no right of reply or defence of oneself can continue their cowardly practice... Especially the one who makes up lies and is a charlatan!

Anyways
Won't post any further than this really... Just wanted to answer Stone Cold (another old adversary) and acknowledge the contribution of P66

FWIW
I left SS and BF for that matter... Not because of the posters, but the moderators who practiced either unfair bias or censorship in their role and at times abused it.

All posters can have their opinion (as long as it isn't of a personal nature)
And I can assure you... I am willing to accept that if one gives it out, they must accept.

I do read SS every week or when there is rumour to see if there is some news about. Have a giggle about the banter sometimes and read some valued posters POV

Having been on both sites
Big Footy is too much pole smoking for my liking but there were some astute minds. SS has the full gamut of supporters with a wider range of debate. But it is prone to vitriol.

And yes, there is a photo of Jamie Cripps now!!!!
BigMart
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 13622
Joined: Sat 22 Mar 2008 6:06pm

Re: Hands up if you remember StoneCold?

Postby gringo » Thu 24 Sep 2015 8:12pm

BigMart wrote:Relax folks,

I ain't back!!
So those folk who took aim at me, knowing there would be no right of reply or defence of oneself can continue their cowardly practice... Especially the one who makes up lies and is a charlatan!

Anyways
Won't post any further than this really... Just wanted to answer Stone Cold (another old adversary) and acknowledge the contribution of P66

FWIW
I left SS and BF for that matter... Not because of the posters, but the moderators who practiced either unfair bias or censorship in their role and at times abused it.

All posters can have their opinion (as long as it isn't of a personal nature)
And I can assure you... I am willing to accept that if one gives it out, they must accept.

I do read SS every week or when there is rumour to see if there is some news about. Have a giggle about the banter sometimes and read some valued posters POV

Having been on both sites
Big Footy is too much pole smoking for my liking but there were some astute minds. SS has the full gamut of supporters with a wider range of debate. But it is prone to vitriol.

And yes, there is a photo of Jamie Cripps now!!!!



Man you have to go back on Big Footy you and plugger are like Ali and Fraser. You should go out in style.
gringo
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 12261
Joined: Tue 24 Mar 2009 11:05pm
Location: St Kilda

Re: Hands up if you remember StoneCold?

Postby Devilhead » Thu 24 Sep 2015 8:13pm

Austinnn wrote:Cons:
Some cool SS posters like WSis and ConG, etc don't appear to have made the jump.


Pretty sure Con has made the jump - just under a different nic
The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
User avatar
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 4541
Joined: Mon 08 Mar 2004 11:56pm

Re: Hands up if you remember StoneCold?

Postby BigMart » Thu 24 Sep 2015 8:48pm

Plugger will find his own enemies on BF in due course... It's his style to become infamous...

He was not the problem on here IMO ... Just loved being the COA

At least he was consistent and honest, although relentless to the point of stalking. There is another who is much more trouble... A chameleon who instigates problems.

Footy brings passion, and footy fans are passionate.... Therefore
Whilst Debate is inevitable ...
Sensible debate is very difficult...
BigMart
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 13622
Joined: Sat 22 Mar 2008 6:06pm

Re: Hands up if you remember StoneCold?

Postby Eastern » Thu 24 Sep 2015 10:16pm

3:16
NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Image
User avatar
Eastern
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 14357
Joined: Tue 09 Mar 2004 1:46pm
Location: 3132

Re: Hands up if you remember StoneCold?

Postby matrix » Thu 24 Sep 2015 10:21pm

Steve Williams
Was better when he tagged with the late great Brian pillman
User avatar
matrix
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 21462
Joined: Mon 21 May 2007 1:55pm

Re: Hands up if you remember StoneCold?

Postby dragit » Thu 24 Sep 2015 10:43pm

BigMart wrote:read some valued posters POV

Thanks bigmart, always felt that way about you too… give us a hug.

Or am I the charlatan? :D
User avatar
dragit
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 11905
Joined: Tue 29 Jun 2010 11:56am

Re: Hands up if you remember StoneCold?

Postby asiu » Thu 24 Sep 2015 11:02pm

good to see u back Mart.
... and stonecold.
Image
.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.
asiu
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 4832
Joined: Thu 08 Apr 2010 8:11pm

Re: Hands up if you remember StoneCold?

Postby gringo » Fri 25 Sep 2015 12:22am

dragit wrote:
BigMart wrote:read some valued posters POV

Thanks bigmart, always felt that way about you too… give us a hug.

Or am I the charlatan? :D


Chameleon....charlatan must have been a freudian slip.
gringo
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 12261
Joined: Tue 24 Mar 2009 11:05pm
Location: St Kilda

Re: Hands up if you remember StoneCold?

Postby Scoop » Fri 25 Sep 2015 12:26am

BigMart wrote:Plugger will find his own enemies on BF in due course... It's his style to be. At leastme infamous...

He was not the problem on here IMO ... Just loved being the COA

At least he was consistent and honest, although relentless to the point of stalking. There is another who is much more trouble... A chameleon who instigates problems.

Footy brings passion, and footy fans are passionate.... Therefore
Whilst Debate is inevitable ...
Sensible debate is very difficult...


I for one appreciated your POV BM....even though at times you could be like a dog with a bone. At least you had a POV and was prepared to express it. You weren't an insufferable contrarian and thread hijacker. As you may appreciate, I do not share your equanimity regarding P66.

I am now enjoying my time on BF, however recent events make me apprehensive.

And stone cold wow....I only have one thing to say.... 3:16!
Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
User avatar
Scoop
Club Player
 
Posts: 731
Joined: Tue 09 Mar 2004 10:29pm
Location: On a New Street Corner

Re: Hands up if you remember StoneCold?

Postby Scoop » Fri 25 Sep 2015 12:26am

BigMart wrote:Plugger will find his own enemies on BF in due course... It's his style to be. At leastme infamous...

He was not the problem on here IMO ... Just loved being the COA

At least he was consistent and honest, although relentless to the point of stalking. There is another who is much more trouble... A chameleon who instigates problems.

Footy brings passion, and footy fans are passionate.... Therefore
Whilst Debate is inevitable ...
Sensible debate is very difficult...


I for one appreciated your POV BM....even though at times you could be like a dog with a bone. At least you had a POV and was prepared to express it. You weren't an insufferable contrarian and thread hijacker. As you may appreciate, I do not share your equanimity regarding P66.

I am now enjoying my time on BF, however recent events make me apprehensive.

And stone cold wow....I only have one thing to say.... 3:16!
Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
User avatar
Scoop
Club Player
 
Posts: 731
Joined: Tue 09 Mar 2004 10:29pm
Location: On a New Street Corner

Re: Hands up if you remember StoneCold?

Postby Spelly » Fri 25 Sep 2015 9:31am

Beat me to it Scoop ! ... 3:16 :D
User avatar
Spelly
Club Player
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue 09 Mar 2004 6:45am

Re: Hands up if you remember StoneCold?

Postby satchmo » Fri 25 Sep 2015 9:46am

This is becoming a reunion!
*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.


Last Post
satchmo
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 6129
Joined: Tue 09 Mar 2004 12:24pm
Location: Hotel Bastardos

Re: Hands up if you remember StoneCold?

Postby saynta » Fri 25 Sep 2015 11:09am

Austinnn wrote:If that's true I might have to defect to BF for good.

BF:
Pros: high ratio of reasonable posters
Non-aggressive emoticons to help avoid arguments (laugh all you like but little things like that make a big difference)
Like button
Contributions from opposition supporters
Proper ignore function: As far as I know Big Mart left the site the same day I put him on ignore
Embedded videos possible

Cons:
Bit studenty/supercoach/cliquey
Now with added P66, although this isn't really a negative yet as he's been very tame over there so far. But I understand some folks react badly to him.
Some cool SS posters like WSis and ConG, etc don't appear to have made the jump.

Meanwhile SS has saynta, sPrem, Teflon, and now BigMart again? And the ignore function still allows you to see them? The hell with that...


And unfortunately we have you, but luckily for us France has you and not Australia.

But, hey, I can hear Big Footy calling you.
Last edited by saynta on Fri 25 Sep 2015 11:14am, edited 1 time in total.
saynta
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 4875
Joined: Wed 10 Mar 2004 3:53pm

Re: Hands up if you remember StoneCold?

Postby saynta » Fri 25 Sep 2015 11:13am

Scoop wrote:
BigMart wrote:Plugger will find his own enemies on BF in due course... It's his style to be. At leastme infamous...

He was not the problem on here IMO ... Just loved being the COA

At least he was consistent and honest, although relentless to the point of stalking. There is another who is much more trouble... A chameleon who instigates problems.

Footy brings passion, and footy fans are passionate.... Therefore
Whilst Debate is inevitable ...
Sensible debate is very difficult...


I for one appreciated your POV BM....even though at times you could be like a dog with a bone. At least you had a POV and was prepared to express it. You weren't an insufferable contrarian and thread hijacker. As you may appreciate, I do not share your equanimity regarding P66.
!


plus one.
saynta
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 4875
Joined: Wed 10 Mar 2004 3:53pm

Next

Return to Administration Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest