Bye all

The place to discuss issues with administrators and moderators. Suggestions welcome. All bans will be posted here and the banning appeals process will be held in this forum.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Bye all

Absolute pest!!

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

SENsei wrote:Pretty drastic to get to the permanent banning stage but seriously, deleting all posts and history from the site? Makes a bit of a mockery of the years of contribution to the site, whether you agreed with him or not.

Others have been banned without being erased from existence? Am I wrong about that??
Not a ban on e-mail or IP address.

Deregistered. All posts still exist. Should all be available in all forums.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:
SENsei wrote:Pretty drastic to get to the permanent banning stage but seriously, deleting all posts and history from the site? Makes a bit of a mockery of the years of contribution to the site, whether you agreed with him or not.

Others have been banned without being erased from existence? Am I wrong about that??

No they're not. Click on his username and it does not exist. Look at the Membership list and his spot in the post count is gone. I haven't looked for posts, but they are certainly not in the search function.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Has now gone over to Bigfooty

Thanks for nothing Saintsational.

One thing is he wont last a week over there if he tries to jack threads and bag out people like here

You are garbage - Enough said
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Bring on plugger67.

But speaking of new members - has the new member registration issue been resolved?
i believe so
Shouldn't you know?
i dont do the tech stuff - i have requested that the registration questions be updated

i am the middle man in such matters

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

BackFromUSA wrote:After years of multiple warnings and two bans, Plugger66 has been deactivated.

He was deactivated for breaching this rule consistently despite numerous warnings and requests to reform his posting style:

No matter how much you disagree, or dismiss the worth of any opinion posted, or dismiss the worth of the poster in your eyes, your response must be respectful. Argue the facts. Post an opposing opinion. Do NOT make commentary about the poster - ONLY the post. If you tease, mock or bait another poster, or abuse them, OR repeatedly revisit past disagreements causing or creating an ongoing dispute between one or more posters, this is regarded as a breach of rules in the Fan Forum and will result in the issuing of a Saintsational warning. Such ongoing disputes can result in multiple breaches and can result in multiple Saintsational warnings.

His refusal to change has resulted in him being deactivated under the trolling rule - however his habit of creating never ending arguments could have equally have had the spamming rule applied.

Plugger66 can read the forum.

He can even rejoin under another name.

If he abides by the rules there is nothing stopping him being a contributor again.

Of course if he continues with the same style - the new entity will also be banned and or deregistered
Well, you did a damn fine job killing the general forum.

I was wondering when you'd get around to killing this one.
Well done.

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

HitTheBoundary wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:After years of multiple warnings and two bans, Plugger66 has been deactivated.

He was deactivated for breaching this rule consistently despite numerous warnings and requests to reform his posting style:

No matter how much you disagree, or dismiss the worth of any opinion posted, or dismiss the worth of the poster in your eyes, your response must be respectful. Argue the facts. Post an opposing opinion. Do NOT make commentary about the poster - ONLY the post. If you tease, mock or bait another poster, or abuse them, OR repeatedly revisit past disagreements causing or creating an ongoing dispute between one or more posters, this is regarded as a breach of rules in the Fan Forum and will result in the issuing of a Saintsational warning. Such ongoing disputes can result in multiple breaches and can result in multiple Saintsational warnings.

His refusal to change has resulted in him being deactivated under the trolling rule - however his habit of creating never ending arguments could have equally have had the spamming rule applied.

Plugger66 can read the forum.

He can even rejoin under another name.

If he abides by the rules there is nothing stopping him being a contributor again.

Of course if he continues with the same style - the new entity will also be banned and or deregistered
Well, you did a damn fine job killing the general forum.

I was wondering when you'd get around to killing this one.
Well done.
This site is about f***ed anyway. Nothing like it use to be.. We will all be over at big footy soon just a matter of time..

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

That's crap.

P66 was easily my favourite poster. If Plugger is banned, may as well ban a few more regular contributors.

I'm gunna have to find somewhere esle to hang out, this place is already in decline, now the nails are going into the coffin.

felix
Club Player

Behold the second coming ......coming soon ..any minute now

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

SENsei wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:

No they're not. Click on his username and it does not exist. Look at the Membership list and his spot in the post count is gone. I haven't looked for posts, but they are certainly not in the search function.
All old posts still exist. For example the OP in this thread.

Plugger66 however is not an active registered member.

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

desertsaint wrote:Poor decision and unfair. I would suggest the mods take a breath. This is not their forum. This is our forum - all of us - plugger was one of family. Sure he has probably crossed paths with most of us at one time or another but so what - we're discussing sport for gawds sake. If people get so upset over opposing views or occasional tit for tats on the internet they seriously need to evaluate themselves and learn some bloody resilience. or simpler yet - use the ignore function. he was not a troll - no one would claim that. he was no more abusive than others, and less abusive than many.
Read what posters are saying and think about. a permanent ban? seriously?
+ 1

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

so how long did you deliberate this decision? or was it made in the spur of the moment after your little debate with plugger on the other thread? is this the process? i thought all mods consulted over a banning? it seems a bit abusive to me. personally driven or agenda driven? you banned him on the troll rule - yet we all know he wasn't a troll.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

desertsaint wrote:so how long did you deliberate this decision? or was it made in the spur of the moment after your little debate with plugger on the other thread? is this the process? i thought all mods consulted over a banning? it seems a bit abusive to me. personally driven or agenda driven? you banned him on the troll rule - yet we all know he wasn't a troll.
He used the "make it up as I go along" rule, which includes personal interpretation, prejudice and agendas.

It's all in the rules. In fine print.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:so how long did you deliberate this decision? or was it made in the spur of the moment after your little debate with plugger on the other thread? is this the process? i thought all mods consulted over a banning? it seems a bit abusive to me. personally driven or agenda driven? you banned him on the troll rule - yet we all know he wasn't a troll.
The better or worse poll suggests the numbers are about 50/50
Naturally the ppl posting more are those that are pissed off about the whole thing.

Regardless of which way the balance tips, i think it's pretty clear that plugger was a problem for a lot of people on the forum and i would suspect that there has been at least a moderate amount of complaints.

The point is that i don't think you can accuse BFUSA as having an agenda here... Or if he did, it was something that was shard by a lot of ppl

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Finally,...I have achieved my goal! poq pluggsy!!!

Yeah that was fun, now I miss him. Bring him back you bastard.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Stephen Theodore wrote:
desertsaint wrote:Poor decision and unfair. I would suggest the mods take a breath. This is not their forum. This is our forum - all of us - plugger was one of family. Sure he has probably crossed paths with most of us at one time or another but so what - we're discussing sport for gawds sake. If people get so upset over opposing views or occasional tit for tats on the internet they seriously need to evaluate themselves and learn some bloody resilience. or simpler yet - use the ignore function. he was not a troll - no one would claim that. he was no more abusive than others, and less abusive than many.
+ 1

1. It is not a ban.

2. It is a member deactivation and can be reactivated. Not that I intend to do so.

3. All 50,000+ past posts exist.

4. He constantly breaches the rules - as volunteer modeartors and administrators HE is wasting OUR time as we have to deal with reports and complaints and then his abuse.

5. He has had ample warnings to change his style. he refused.

Enough is enough. I have warned Plugger66 numerous times that this will be the outcome if he did not reform his ways.

Perhaps I should have really permanently banned him and removed his posts. May still do so.

As it stands he is free to continue posting WITHIN the rules but only under another new NIC entity.

That is more than reasonable outcome for someone that has refused to follow the forum guidelines.

As for the forum dying because one argumentative poster NIC has been deactivated ... might happen. Might not.

The good thing is that it is post season now ... ALL footy forums slow down (even Big Footy) ... so hopefully we can recover next footy season after this massive loss of a NIC.

Finally - the forum members do have a say - BUT the forum does not belong to them. The period of voluntary donations to help pay for the hosting costs went years ago and the forum costs are paid privately and the forum remains the property of the original owner. He has the right to shut it down whenever he wants to. He keeps it open for others to enjoy and entrusts me to administer it. Some may feel i do a horrible job BUT I do it so that forum can be enjoyed by ALL and not an elite select few posters.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:Finally,...I have achieved my goal! poq pluggsy!!!

Yeah that was fun, now I miss him. Bring him back you bastard.
you could be next.......trouble maker.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:
Stephen Theodore wrote:
+ 1

1. It is not a ban.

2. It is a member deactivation and can be reactivated. Not that I intend to do so.

4. He constantly breaches the rules - as volunteer modeartors and administrators HE is wasting OUR time as we have to deal with reports and complaints and then his abuse.

Enough is enough. I have warned Plugger66 numerous times that this will be the outcome if he did not reform his ways.

Perhaps I should have really permanently banned him and removed his posts. May still do so.

As it stands he is free to continue posting WITHIN the rules but only under another new NIC entity.

That is more than reasonable outcome for someone that has refused to follow the forum guidelines.

As for the forum dying because one argumentative poster NIC has been deactivated ... might happen. Might not.

The good thing is that it is post season now ... ALL footy forums slow down (even Big Footy) ... so hopefully we can recover next footy season after this massive loss of a NIC.

Finally - the forum members do have a say - BUT the forum does not belong to them. The period of voluntary donations to help pay for the hosting costs went years ago and the forum costs are paid privately and the forum remains the property of the original owner. He has the right to shut it down whenever he wants to. He keeps it open for others to enjoy and entrusts me to administer it. Some may feel i do a horrible job BUT I do it so that forum can be enjoyed by ALL and not an elite select few posters.
Gee threatening us now, this gets better.
Need a spell checker on here as well..
Hope we can spell the like button correctly.
I think we can interpret all as meaning you.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:
Stephen Theodore wrote:
+ 1

1. It is not a ban.

Gee threatening us now, this gets better.
Need a spell checker on here as well..
Hope we can spell the like button correctly.
I think we can interpret all as meaning you.
Threatening you how???

asiu
Saintsational Legend

"I stuck a cracker up a frogs arse",
said little johnny when asked on monday morning
what he'd got up to over the weekend.

"Rectum" replied his teacher.

"Wrecked him ?" queried johnny
FARRKED HIM !!! u mean.

Killed the General Forum
Killing the Ham Forum.

Maybe its YOU , Simon ... who needs to leave.

Coz on your watch .... You've killed the goose.

Wrecked it .... nah.
Farrked it.

Well done ya throwback to the 1950's of the good ol US of A.
Last edited by asiu on Tue 22 Sep 2015 10:49pm, edited 1 time in total.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Hope we can implement trigger warnings and safe spaces soon - then this place will be proper fit for all the young kiddies that are clamouring to join old school footy forums.....

I'll even donate the bubble wrap for the edges to make sure no innocents take an eye out.........

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

WindSister wrote:"I stuck a cracker up a frogs arse",
said little johnny when asked on monday morning
what he'd got up to over the weekend.

"Rectum" replied his teacher.

"Wrecked him ?" queried johnny
FARRKED HIM !!! u mean.

Killed the General Forum
Killing the Ham Forum.

Maybe its YOU , Simon ... who needs to leave.

Coz on your watch .... You've killed the goose.

Wrecked it .... nah.
Farrked it.

Well done ya throwback to the 1950's of the good ol US of A.
If the likes of this poster disagrees with you it means you're doing a great job.

#standbyBFUSA

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

P66 delisted.

:lol:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Simon,
Why does Saintsational - the owner of this site - pay for it yet has no involvement?
Makes no sense at all
Have you offered to take control and pay for the hosting costs?
If so, you can do as you please.
It seems weird.
You effectively are the CEO of the site and are empowered by someone who isn't interested in it anymore. That's fine, but why doesn't he just hand it all over to you?
What's in it for him ?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

lol
still bitter armoooo.

got showed up for also being a flog of a mod
'n still blaming me for it.

Whatever.

<edited by mod>

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.