Bye all

The place to discuss issues with administrators and moderators. Suggestions welcome. All bans will be posted here and the banning appeals process will be held in this forum.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

markp
Saintsational Legend

Re: Bye all

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
dragit wrote:Image
2 of those votes would be the one person.
100% he would have voted then reported it
We really need a like button.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Well markp we have only been waiting for around 5 years for stuff like that so you'll have to chill and give it some time

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:Lol at workers comp little group.
When this place asked for donations I believe it was a few of those workers comp llittle groups who donsted over one third of the costs to keep this place up on the net.
Why?
Ohh apparently to try and take control
Lmfao
Yeah take control, that's right....with no access to change anything, make decisions etc etc
But apparently the little workers comp group had an agenda to take over the world.
I hope you never have a work place injury and find yourself perm unable to work for no fault of your own

It's a low life comment
I have a good friend who is pretty buggered physically and he would change it to be able to work again and not have to sit at home on pain meds f****** up his system in a heart beat.
Can't even finish his life project of building his car, and it sits there half done but he won't sell it as if was his dream...his dream now that prob wont come to fruition.
But yup, workers comp loser who sits down at the pub.
Wanker of a comment.

Tell me how the site has improved over the years?
Kept up with social media has it
Had a revamp?
Like buttons, vid embeds?
Nope because the owner who we should be thankful to has kept it going....errr no
Daddy kept it going
This site could get enough coin in three weeks to help if survive for a couple of years AND update it so it hhad the looks and functions of something from this century.
But for some reason no matter who has paid for the site, nothingever ggets updated
Shows that the 'owner' does not really care about this place that much
Sure daddy coughs up some coin, but f*** me dead this place visually is stuck 1995, and function wise prob earlier

So before you keep dribbling on polluting the forum about how the little workers comp group had some little agenda u might want to get your facts right.
Not once did anyone in OUR 'group' want to take over this site
What an idiotic comment.
Thanks for proving my point.

You made a donation there years ago and you still complain about not getting any value out if it.

I agree with the frustrations about the site being stuck in a timewarp and I did my best to get something done but I gave up like many others because the site was too set in its ways and I didn't even know who to get in touch with about making the changes required. That horse has bolted now, the rise of social media has made forums like this a relic from the past, more members will leave than will join overtime until nothing is left. (I know the stat's show that more people access the site than previously but I'll bet my bottom dollar that this just means more devices are connecting rather than unique users).

As for the workers comp comments it was a throwaway line. Every pub has that group of blokes in their forties and fifties who get by on rorting a comp claim or income protection claim. I can guarantee you I am more familiar with the impacts that serious injuries can have on an individuals life. I would be confident to say that I am mores than anyone likely to be on this board.

At the end of the day my beef is with a small minority who think that they're enjoyment of the site becomes above all others. Plugger turned more people away from here than anyone else by a huge, huge margin.

The people who post 20 times a day have no more say than those that post twice a week in my opinion, this was the right decision for the site.

The site may lose some activity but it should come from a more diverse range of users now so while we may have less posts we should get more opinions.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

More does not necessarily equal better.........

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
markp
Saintsational Legend

The pubs you frequent sound like a lot of fun, Armooo.

IanRush
SS Hall of Fame

And I do really love our club. 16 players have lived in our house over the years so I have done my job in supporting our great club. Hopefully with the return to Moorabbin I can help again.
Sorry plugs, but you had to go, you were disrespectful to a critical matter affecting the broader outcome of Australian Rules Football.

The post above confirms my suspicions that you were more involved in the game than I thought.

The bagging on here of the Mods is a joke, they have a critical job to do, and about time someone showed balls and got rid of plugger.

The site will be better off without him.

USELESS FACT: The WADA case against Essendon (in Sydney as well) is exactly 10 years to the day that Australia qualified for the 2006 FIFA World Cup.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

IanRush wrote: Sorry plugs, but you had to go
Carlton supporters can f*** right off too… seriously.

IanRush
SS Hall of Fame

dragit wrote:
Insular, small-minded thinking, about an issue affecting the overall game of Aussie Rules does not stop at ‘base supporter’ level.

USELESS FACT: The WADA case against Essendon (in Sydney as well) is exactly 10 years to the day that Australia qualified for the 2006 FIFA World Cup.
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

IanRush wrote:
And I do really love our club. 16 players have lived in our house over the years so I have done my job in supporting our great club. Hopefully with the return to Moorabbin I can help again.
Sorry plugs, but you had to go, you were disrespectful to a critical matter affecting the broader outcome of Australian Rules Football.

The post above confirms my suspicions that you were more involved in the game than I thought.

The bagging on here of the Mods is a joke, they have a critical job to do, and about time someone showed balls and got rid of plugger.

The site will be better off without him.
what tune would you be singing if the mods acted by the rules and moved the essendope thread?
and your first sentence is laughable. seriously - a carlton supporter claiming anyone rebutting him on that thread - in a bloody saints forum - needs to go? pull your head in.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
dragit
Saintsational Legend

IanRush wrote:
dragit wrote:
Insular, small-minded thinking, about an issue affecting the overall game of Aussie Rules does not stop at ‘base supporter’ level.
It's a saints forum - stick to the essendon thread or go away

matrix
Saintsational Legend

I proved nothing.
Don't twist my words into something I'm not saying.
It was an example that when people were asked to donate nothing changed in the forum despite numerous posters that aren't even in your workers comp club saying it needed to be updated.
Then when the so called owner decided he wanted to pay the bill...nothing changed.
I don't give a f*** who pays the bill
But according to you, because I said a few people got together to get some coin, to make sure SS survived they have some agenda to take over the world.
So get off your f****** horse trying to spin this into me being a poster who wants to gain control over a forum I would have no time to run, not know how to run, or want to run due to a thing called life.
If you went back and looked at the discussions on updates u will see I was very vocal on getting this place improved in functionality and appearance.
But I'm guessing you would rather dribble s*** and try to make me and others look like someone who had an agenda to take over a PUBLIC FORUM because those posters donated some coin.

And here's the ban coming
But this time kids if you are going to do it
Do it correctly, not some half assed pussy way
Whinge about plugger and how he does this and that and how he has had multiple warnings for whatever stupid reasons.....but then ban him so he could join need a new name within two mins

lol
Can't even ban someone properly
They way it was as made to sound was he was a total cancer to the site and the site would be better off without him, but not only didnt

As for the rest of your post, I didn't bother to read it.
Why?
Because if the first few lines are complete bullshif made up in your own mind then God knows what else is contained

IanRush
SS Hall of Fame

Last edited by IanRush on Wed 23 Sep 2015 2:53pm, edited 1 time in total.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

And you can ban me too.
But do it right
Don't leave the door wide open after complaining how bad I am for the site but leave me the opportunity to rejoin in under two mins.

Can't even ban someone correctly
Grumps and Gaz got far worse treatment for less

Good luck Byron and Kozi with this peanut.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:I proved nothing.
Don't twist my words into something I'm not saying.
It was an example that when people were asked to donate nothing changed in the forum despite numerous posters that aren't even in your workers comp club saying it needed to be updated.
Then when the so called owner decided he wanted to pay the bill...nothing changed.
I don't give a f*** who pays the bill
But according to you, because I said a few people got together to get some coin, to make sure SS survived they have some agenda to take over the world.
So get off your f****** horse trying to spin this into me being a poster who wants to gain control over a forum I would have no time to run, not know how to run, or want to run due to a thing called life.
If you went back and looked at the discussions on updates u will see I was very vocal on getting this place improved in functionality and appearance.
But I'm guessing you would rather dribble s*** and try to make me and others look like someone who had an agenda to take over a PUBLIC FORUM because those posters donated some coin.

And here's the ban coming
But this time kids if you are going to do it
Do it correctly, not some half assed pussy way
Whinge about plugger and how he does this and that and how he has had multiple warnings for whatever stupid reasons.....but then ban him so he could join need a new name within two mins

lol
Can't even ban someone properly
They way it was as made to sound was he was a total cancer to the site and the site would be better off without him, but not only didnt

As for the rest of your post, I didn't bother to read it.
Why?
Because if the first few lines are complete bullshif made up in your own mind then God knows what else is contained
Interesting that you feel I'm twisting your words against you because I thought that was what you were doing.

I don't think you're part of some sort of secret society trying to gain control of the site.

My point is that there is a group of posters who seem to think that because they post more that their opinion carries more weight. I don't know who are your mates on here anyway matrix. The group I refer to includes people like Stinger, Plugger, Grumps etc. They are linked by their constant presence and dominating personalities rather than any common goal or friendship.

I appreciate you want the site to be a better place but it's the stingers and pluggers who stopped this from happening. The mods and admin don't have time to make improvements when they are constantly needing to babysit.

Like I said earlier I recognise that plugger knows his footy, I've never questioned that. However his contrarion tendencies and his ridiculous method for picking apart opinions and attacking them out of context made this site a worse place.

He could have had 10,000 great posts, possibly the best 10,000 of any member on this site but the other 40,000 were nitpicking, big noting and petty squabbling.

I have never had any beef with you before matrix and I still don't, if you feel differently that's fine but I strongly encourage you to ask yourself whether this site will be better or worse for the majority of users without plugger.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:Lol at workers comp little group.
When this place asked for donations I believe it was a few of those workers comp llittle groups who donsted over one third of the costs to keep this place up on the net.
Why?
Ohh apparently to try and take control
Lmfao
Yeah take control, that's right....with no access to change anything, make decisions etc etc
But apparently the little workers comp group had an agenda to take over the world.
I hope you never have a work place injury and find yourself perm unable to work for no fault of your own

It's a low life comment
I have a good friend who is pretty buggered physically and he would change it to be able to work again and not have to sit at home on pain meds f****** up his system in a heart beat.
Can't even finish his life project of building his car, and it sits there half done but he won't sell it as if was his dream...his dream now that prob wont come to fruition.
But yup, workers comp loser who sits down at the pub.
Wanker of a comment.

Tell me how the site has improved over the years?
Kept up with social media has it
Had a revamp?
Like buttons, vid embeds?
Nope because the owner who we should be thankful to has kept it going....errr no
Daddy kept it going
This site could get enough coin in three weeks to help if survive for a couple of years AND update it so it hhad the looks and functions of something from this century.
But for some reason no matter who has paid for the site, nothingever ggets updated
Shows that the 'owner' does not really care about this place that much
Sure daddy coughs up some coin, but f*** me dead this place visually is stuck 1995, and function wise prob earlier

So before you keep dribbling on polluting the forum about how the little workers comp group had some little agenda u might want to get your facts right.
Not once did anyone in OUR 'group' want to take over this site
What an idiotic comment.
If you were about when all the discussion was going on, and I'm sure u must've been seeing as your have such a vivid memory of the situation youd remember it was all about improvement on functionality to attract more people.

Now
Plugger
#standbypluggsy.

I'll say it straight out....yeah he pssed me off, yeah we would argue, call each other stupid things and sometimes I couldn't even understand and etc he was on about sometimes,
But I'll but that books a beer when I hopefully see him at roos 300th of at our next GF
It's f****** Internet forum ffs
There's an ignore button
I've used it a few times myself but Jesus christ are we that soft we have to ban the most active poster?
Obviously we are
Far worse is typed and said by others myself included, no angel here, sand we all seem to be able to get Thu the warning/bab system
Whilst I was one of the donors i certainly wasn't one of the workers comp bludgers.

So too was stinger from memory.

O f course they wanted to take over the site.

Anyone with half a brain could have worked that out.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

IanRush wrote:.
:arrow: bigfooty.com

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Yeah 5 posters with no clue about forums.
The place would've shut down in 5 mins
Good one stinger
Here's a :roll: ffs, just for old times sake

Armooo
Didn't bother reading what u last posted
Can't be added

In fact I hope this mod wipes my whole history.
In fact I'm asking him to do it

Ban me too.
But do a good job this time not some half assed s*** attempt like what happened with plugger

Go the saints

Then I might cure my addiction of posting on here and get some gardening done.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:
The site may lose some activity but it should come from a more diverse range of users now so while we may have less posts we should get more opinions.
So in a bar, if you don't like that bloke who speaks a lot and always has an opinion, you turf him out the door so someone else can have a say? Is that the way it works? I don't think so.

People always have a CHOICE. Read or not read. Ignore or not ignore. This is an appalling act in a situation where the action was not warranted. SImple as that. If you don't like someone, just kick him to the curb so you can have more people that you like. Really appalling and largely an immature outlook. Everyone has the CHOICE TO IGNORE.

It's not rocket surgery!!!

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:Yeah 5 posters with no clue about forums.
The place would've shut down in 5 mins
Good one stinger
Here's a :roll: ffs, just for old times sake

Armooo
Didn't bother reading what u last posted
Can't be added

In fact I hope this mod wipes my whole history.
In fact I'm asking him to do it

Ban me too.
But do a good job this time not some half assed s*** attempt like what happened with plugger

Go the saints

Then I might cure my addiction of posting on here and get some gardening done.
Good. And for the record for the umpteenth time. I was posting on this forum's predecessors long before stinger ever signed up. And he is long gone.

You guys have always wanted to run the forum.though. Tough luck that it never worked out for you.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

And furthermore, as was finally publically admitted in the OP by P66, he has given a hell of a lot to the St Kilda FC. How many can say the same?? I put in over 10 years with them, and that's just a pee in the ocean compared to the contribution of this bloke.

He might be an annoying poster. So the hell what? Ignore him if you wish.

Simon, you continually shoot off about your contribution to the club and that dinner with Bevo all those years ago. I know of your contribution but P66 has you covered. I know you, even though you don't know it. Do you actually know who you have just banned???

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

People don't post here cause they're on twitter and Facebook, the club has got better at this stuff and there is banter and footy discussion on social media these days.

Blaming plugs for driving people away is a little weird IMHO, and a little convenient.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

I don't visit the site one morning and this happens!!!!

What a shock.

Banning the nic and not banning the poster appears to be a bit of "bet each way" moderating to me.

Never had a problem with Pluggsy.... we disagreed often bet never came to forum fisticuffs over it.

Regarding forum ownership.... privatisation of this site is long overdue.

As I said many years ago.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

There's your answer matrix.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:There's your answer matrix.
:roll:

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Why did u mention my name Stinger / Saynta ???

Make it a good answer ... or i'll let the forum know what really happened
and the favourable treatment u got from Simon when u should've been banned outright under his oft stated rules.

Why mention my name ?

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.