Bye all

The place to discuss issues with administrators and moderators. Suggestions welcome. All bans will be posted here and the banning appeals process will be held in this forum.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bye all

Postby plugger66 » Tue 22 Sep 2015 7:59pm

I hope this isn't moved for a few days but I will be banned for life probably by tonight. I have had great fun on here. I know a few don't like my posting style but I do love the discussions on here and I do love the saints. Apparently the site will improve when I go. I hope so but I also think I do create discussion even if it annoys a few. I respect nearly all the posters, even most that I argue with. I really do hope the site gets bigger with my absence. The more saints stuff the better.

And I do really love our club. 16 players have lived in our house over the years so I have done my job in supporting our great club. Hopefully with the return to Moorabbin I can help again.

Been a hoot on here and hopefully if I ever meet you at a game you will buy me a beer. I will certainly buy most here one. Its sad to go but thems the rules. I know some or more than some will be happy I'm gone but there will be one or two who actually think my posting is ok.

And if you ever watch an Ormond game I will be umpiring the seconds unless its finey. Come over and say hello.

And one last thing. I am not a troll. I don't ever deliberately start things to cause a fight. I believe what I say but just say it more than I should. Ban me for breaking rules but don't ever call me a troll.
Last edited by plugger66 on Tue 22 Sep 2015 8:08pm, edited 1 time in total.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Bye all

Postby Trev from the Bush » Tue 22 Sep 2015 8:08pm

Plugger - what have you done???????????????

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come back soon. You're to valuable. Behind that argumentative streak is a passionate yet balanced person.
Saint supporter since '62
Trev from the Bush
Club Player

Postby Goose is king » Tue 22 Sep 2015 8:12pm

Can't people block posters if they don't like them?
This is a disappointing delisting.
I won't be throwing my SS membership in the microwave though.
Goose is king
Club Player

Postby saynta » Tue 22 Sep 2015 8:18pm

Do what I do and just ignore him.
Last edited by saynta on Tue 22 Sep 2015 8:19pm, edited 1 time in total.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Postby Playon » Tue 22 Sep 2015 8:19pm

Well I don't see why you'll be banned. I don't always agree with you posts, some I do, some i don't, were all entitled to an opinion, whether it be right or wrong. It opens up discussion. Hell some of your posts are annoying but some are funny. Don't listen to posters from another board, some of the quality from there is like teenagers on too much sugar (being polite)

Have a beer and get on with it
Playon
Club Player

Postby Con Gorozidis » Tue 22 Sep 2015 8:23pm

Seems extreme. Required player I think.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Postby BackFromUSA » Tue 22 Sep 2015 8:24pm

After years of multiple warnings and two bans, Plugger66 has been deactivated.

He was deactivated for breaching this rule consistently despite numerous warnings and requests to reform his posting style:

No matter how much you disagree, or dismiss the worth of any opinion posted, or dismiss the worth of the poster in your eyes, your response must be respectful. Argue the facts. Post an opposing opinion. Do NOT make commentary about the poster - ONLY the post. If you tease, mock or bait another poster, or abuse them, OR repeatedly revisit past disagreements causing or creating an ongoing dispute between one or more posters, this is regarded as a breach of rules in the Fan Forum and will result in the issuing of a Saintsational warning. Such ongoing disputes can result in multiple breaches and can result in multiple Saintsational warnings.

His refusal to change has resulted in him being deactivated under the trolling rule - however his habit of creating never ending arguments could have equally have had the spamming rule applied.

Plugger66 can read the forum.

He can even rejoin under another name.

If he abides by the rules there is nothing stopping him being a contributor again.

Of course if he continues with the same style - the new entity will also be banned and or deregistered
AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2012"
BackFromUSA
SS Life Member

Postby Playon » Tue 22 Sep 2015 8:27pm

Well that sucks, Time for the birth or Plugger67
Playon
Club Player

Postby Stephen Theodore » Tue 22 Sep 2015 8:43pm

Dissapointing, if true.

No doubt, at times he baited people, but on a whole I enjoyed his contribution.

Will be a lesser place without the Plugg
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Postby Old Mate » Tue 22 Sep 2015 8:45pm

At times a very annoying poster however as much as he ran some away he also kept this forum going. Saintsational will quickly die off. It's been slowly dying anyway so whatever.
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Postby Bunk_Moreland » Tue 22 Sep 2015 8:49pm

Please diont go over to Bigfooty, that forum is football based
You are garbage - Enough said
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Postby saintjake » Tue 22 Sep 2015 8:51pm

Bunk_Moreland wrote:Please diont go over to Bigfooty, that forum is football based

A+
saintjake
Club Player

Postby saint6 » Tue 22 Sep 2015 8:51pm

very sorry to see this. Plugger66 was one of the few posters that usually had something sensible to say. And I have never seen him unfairly criticise any of our players which is a lot more than can be said of some other contributors to this site
saint6
Club Player

Postby Teflon » Tue 22 Sep 2015 8:52pm

Good call good moderating
Sorry but when a poster can't desist from shooting down others opinions it's time to go
He'll bob up under a new Nic but his form will betray him
Put up an opinion, let others have theirs and all is good
If you can't - see ya
I see dumb people...
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Postby SainterK » Tue 22 Sep 2015 8:54pm

:(

See ya pluggs, was nice to meet you and put a face to a name at last years B&F.

Don't have to convince me you love your saints.

I know one thing, all those people that don't post cause of him better post more, I'm not sure I buy it as a reason people keep away at this point.
I've started a blog, just my weird view about the AFL

https://lovingafl.wordpress.com
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Postby CURLY » Tue 22 Sep 2015 8:55pm

Pretty s*** if true. When discussing football you need arguments from all sides or otherwise you become oblivious to the s*** your team is or isn't.
NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
CURLY
SS Life Member

Postby maverick » Tue 22 Sep 2015 8:57pm

BackFromUSA wrote:After years of multiple warnings and two bans, Plugger66 has been deactivated.

He was deactivated for breaching this rule consistently despite numerous warnings and requests to reform his posting style:

No matter how much you disagree, or dismiss the worth of any opinion posted, or dismiss the worth of the poster in your eyes, your response must be respectful. Argue the facts. Post an opposing opinion. Do NOT make commentary about the poster - ONLY the post. If you tease, mock or bait another poster, or abuse them, OR repeatedly revisit past disagreements causing or creating an ongoing dispute between one or more posters, this is regarded as a breach of rules in the Fan Forum and will result in the issuing of a Saintsational warning. Such ongoing disputes can result in multiple breaches and can result in multiple Saintsational warnings.

His refusal to change has resulted in him being deactivated under the trolling rule - however his habit of creating never ending arguments could have equally have had the spamming rule applied.

Plugger66 can read the forum.

He can even rejoin under another name.

If he abides by the rules there is nothing stopping him being a contributor again.

Of course if he continues with the same style - the new entity will also be banned and or deregistered

Wow based on that reasoning not sure why anyone is here.
There goes the last reason to debate anything worthwhile on here….
Terrible moderating
maverick
Saintsational Legend

Postby The Fireman » Tue 22 Sep 2015 8:57pm

the end of the world..... change the nic and we can put up with your belligerent self once more.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Postby dragit » Tue 22 Sep 2015 8:59pm

BackFromUSA wrote:He can even rejoin under another name.

A permanent ban, only you can start again with another name - Seriously?

See you in the morning plugger66.2.0

You better turn over a new leaf like sayntinger :D :D :D
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Postby derby Street » Tue 22 Sep 2015 9:00pm

Disappointed that it has come to this - P66 always had an opinion and there is no doubt he was a loyal saint supporter. I am particularly disappointed that the mods allow blatant trolls to continue hijacking the forum yet choose to take this action against P66. No wonder this forum is withering on the vine.
derby Street
Club Player

Postby saintspremiers » Tue 22 Sep 2015 9:00pm

See ya later plugs.

It's a shame.

I disagreed with you 90% of the time and you loved being the ultimate contrarian.

I'm not the nicest poster either, but do the draw the line and am not like a dog with a bone constantly.

plugger contributes about a third of posts on SS.

Previous times when he was banned for 2 weeks the forum was pretty dead.

Not sure what SS will become if he doesn't return as another form.
i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Postby BackFromUSA » Tue 22 Sep 2015 9:01pm

To clarify - plugger66 may not exist but the person behind plugger66 CAN register and can continue to contribute BUT if that person continues to stir up arguments with other posters and continues to belittle them and continues to drag up previous conflicts across threads ... sometimes even months or years later ... then that new poster profile will also be deregistered. The rules stated that RESPECTFUL debate IS encouraged. Plugger66 was not debating with any respect at all for the other poster or consideration for readers.
AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2012"
BackFromUSA
SS Life Member

Postby SaintPav » Tue 22 Sep 2015 9:03pm

Does this mean we will make the GF in 2 years?
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Postby The Fireman » Tue 22 Sep 2015 9:03pm

can't block an IP ?
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Postby The Fireman » Tue 22 Sep 2015 9:04pm

This place won't be the same...the harmony will drive us crazy.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Next

Return to Administration Forum