Bye all

The place to discuss issues with administrators and moderators. Suggestions welcome. All bans will be posted here and the banning appeals process will be held in this forum.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Re: Bye all

markp wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:
markp wrote:Hey Simon,

If P66 registers under a new nic and decides to pretend he's not P66 (under the guise of a fresh start but really so he can bait old foes and bother all the people who previously had him on ignore), to what point will you facilitate this and allow him to carry on with the charade?
Please report the exact posts where you believe the poster was baiting. I can't find them. If the mods agree they are baiting then a warning will be issued.

I did however stumble across some pretty abusive posts directed at one poster and that poster firing back at those that a used him.

Can't seem to find the claimed baiting. Has the post been deleted perhaps???
You seem to have responded to a different question to the one I asked, and I'd still like it answered please.

But further to your above response, has saynta never been warned or cautioned for abuse or baiting?
Is the question about us facilitating a person under a new nic?

If so then I am very keen to have posters who breach rules to come back and post without breaching rules and will do whatever I can to help then become posters that can contribute without breaching.

As for Saynta being warned - I am not 100% sure (as there are 3 of us issuing warnings) and we now have a 7 day refresh on warnings so we can keep track of how many warnings in 7 days to help us keep track of warnings vs bans. To be 100% honest I don't keep a tab on each and every warning but it is in the admin panel if I need to check.

Can you perhaps point to the posts where you feel Saynta should have been warned for baiting that obviously leads to the abuse from a variety of posters.

If it is baiting I can issue warnings. There is no time limitation.

Of course I shall also have to review the responses to the baiting for any possible breaches too.

Quite a bit if work but happy to do it. Simply report the baiting posts and away we go.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:
dragit wrote:Can we have some clarity around the saynta/stinger situation from the mods?

I really don't think it's fair for an antagonistic & polarizing poster to change names and hide under the guise of a new identity, taking pot shots at old foes. Particularly when a poster was for years breaking a fundamental rule of not holding multiple logins which is meant to deliver a life ban.

Same goes if plugger returns… it's all good to turn over a new leaf, but pretending to be a new poster should be banned.

*edit - i'm too slow - markp cheers - exactly.
Saynta and Stinger never breached the rule. In fact they never posted in the same thread that we can see.

Read the rule. It is only a breach of the nic is used to support the other nic in an argument.

It is not against the rule that have a second nic - some posters have multiple nics and use them with our blessing (I get a big kick out of one particular poster) for humerous good and not destructive evil - the ones who use it for evil - usually get the nic banned.
Okay, so if I show you where they have posted in the same thread can we get that life ban enacted? Cause we know they are the same person...
I await with interest. Please note it has to be in the period since the rule started. Dates are published along with the rules.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

saynta
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:
markp wrote:Hey Simon,

If P66 registers under a new nic and decides to pretend he's not P66 (under the guise of a fresh start but really so he can bait old foes and bother all the people who previously had him on ignore), to what point will you facilitate this and allow him to carry on with the charade?
Please report the exact posts where you believe the poster was baiting. I can't find them. If the mods agree they are baiting then a warning will be issued.

I did however stumble across some pretty abusive posts directed at one poster and that poster firing back at those that a used him.

Can't seem to find the claimed baiting. Has the post been deleted perhaps???
You seem to have responded to a different question to the one I asked, and I'd still like it answered please.

But further to your above response, has saynta never been warned or cautioned for abuse or baiting?
I would think that is non of your business.

However BFUSA, if you do chose to answer this posters question, would you then do me the curtesy of advising me if markp has ever been warned or cauntioned, banned even for abusing or baiting any posters, including stinger or myself.

i am well aware from discussions with you
BFUSA that this poster along with several others continually harrassed you with a view to having stinger banned.

The same posters now seem intent in having me banned but their attempts are more out in the open and seem to stem from your decision to ban plugger66.

I am coping the blame for something I was not involved in.
'

dragit
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:
dragit wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:
dragit wrote:Can we have some clarity around the saynta/stinger situation from the mods?

I really don't think it's fair for an antagonistic & polarizing poster to change names and hide under the guise of a new identity, taking pot shots at old foes. Particularly when a poster was for years breaking a fundamental rule of not holding multiple logins which is meant to deliver a life ban.

Same goes if plugger returns… it's all good to turn over a new leaf, but pretending to be a new poster should be banned.

Saynta and Stinger never breached the rule. In fact they never posted in the same thread that we can see.

Read the rule. It is only a breach of the nic is used to support the other nic in an argument.

It is not against the rule that have a second nic - some posters have multiple nics and use them with our blessing (I get a big kick out of one particular poster) for humerous good and not destructive evil - the ones who use it for evil - usually get the nic banned.
Okay, so if I show you where they have posted in the same thread can we get that life ban enacted? Cause we know they are the same person...
I await with interest. Please note it has to be in the period since the rule started. Dates are published along with the rules.
So that's a yes?

check - stinger.

markp
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:Stinger and Saynta are treated by us as different entities
Really?

Why?

Do you really just reset and pretend they are different people?

And if so then why would and how could you ever IP/permanently ban P66, or anyone?

Also, isn't it baiting if someone rightly points out poster x is blatantly the same person as poster y and is then abused and/or called a liar?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:Stinger and Saynta are treated by us as different entities
Really?

Why?

Do you really just reset and pretend they are different people?

And if so then why would and how could you ever IP/permanently ban P66, or anyone?

Also, isn't it baiting if someone rightly points out poster x is blatantly the same person as poster y and is then abused and/or called a liar?
Show me a post where i have falsely accused a poster of being a liar.

If you are going to make such statements back them up with prove, not malicious gossop.

I get it you are upset with plugger getting banned. but blame him for breaking the rules. DFUSA has told us all the circumstances. Tough on plugger but deserved all the same.

Don't take your anger out on me.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: I would think that is non of your business.

However BFUSA, if you do chose to answer this posters question, would you then do me the curtesy of advising me if markp has ever been warned or cauntioned, banned even for abusing or baiting any posters, including stinger or myself.

BFUSA that this poster along with several others continually harrassed you with a view to having stinger banned.

The same posters now seem intent in having me banned but their attempts are more out in the open and seem to stem from your decision to ban plugger66.

'
If you'd had the brains to stay out of this thread no-one would be talking about you… after all the years of reporting plugger you come in and gloat about his banning…

Why are you so worried about stinger getting a permanent ban when you repeatedly tell us that you are not him?

Don't tell me you've been lying the whole time?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
saynta wrote: I would think that is non of your business.

'
If you'd had the brains to stay out of this thread no-one would be talking about you… after all the years of reporting plugger you come in and gloat about his banning…

Why are you so worried about stinger getting a permanent ban when you repeatedly tell us that you are not him?

Don't tell me you've been lying the whole time?

why would i give a s*** if stinger was permanently banned. I just checked the members list, and he isn't even recorded there. He is long gone.

Anyway, you time wasters are trying to get me a permanent ban simply because you are upset your mate copped a ban. Blame him not me.

markp
Saintsational Legend

viewtopic.php?p=1570157#p1570157
saynta wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saynta wrote:
stjay wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
stjay wrote:
You're posting unsupportive comments on a thread about a gay pride match and I asked you a perfectly legitimate question about whether you would mind if you're son or daughter were gay.
Pretty simple question but so far you've avoided answering the question which suggests you're motivated to post negatively out of prejudice and not just because you don't think its a good idea as you've tried to represent.
Happy for you set the record straight but alarm bells are ringing.
And as I told you the question is irrelevant and I have no desire to quizz you about yourself or family members as it has nothing to do with this debate. ok so you say I am motivated by prejudice yet you have no proof of any prejudice, do you see how silly you look ?

So if a Gay man told you he didn't want a Gay round what would be your reply then ?

as I told you earlier you really don't deserve any of my time but just wanted to see how far you could bury yourself.
You do know where you are? right?
The question is perfectly ligitimate and relevant given the topic of the thread and your stance on it.
The fact that you've avoided the simple question which could have so easily been answered, in so many way to show you're not about prejudice and yet your silence is deafening.
Shame on you.
You need to work through your contradictions and stop bringing your prejudice onto this thread OR have the courage to own it.
Go and comment on Tom Lee or Adam Schneider's poor disposal but spare me your bigotry!

And this is exactly why we need a gay pride match to fight against the prejudice the LGBTI community face everyday.
Thank you sir, you totally proved my point.
We're done.

What a load of crap. I think firey won that one.

Hey Stinger the mods have said you are him now so its time to man up and just tell us instead of talking crap about it not being you.

I guess you are talking to me, not stinger as it is me you are quoting.. For the record you are a liar, as the mods have said no such thing. I am now placing you on ignore so I don't have to read the mindless crap you go on about. You need urgent help as you are unstable and obsessed with someone who no longer posts here. Separation anxiety perhaps?
So, is this baiting, Simon?

And more specifically, using the obvious (officially sanctioned) charade as an excuse to abuse and bait.

Rosco
Club Player

I don't come on for a day and 13 pages bobs up. Seems unnecessary if he can create a new account.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:why would i give a s*** if stinger was permanently banned. I just checked the members list, and he isn't even recorded there. He is long gone.
Okay sweet, we can run a poll on Plugger & stinger since they are both former posters…

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Even if Stinger and Saynta are the same person... And i think they are (though don't know this for fact), his posting style has changed since the change in nickname (if it happened) and the more irritating aspects have lessened.

Could be hope for plugger yet

asiu
Saintsational Legend

i am well aware from discussions with you BFUSA that this poster along with several others continually harrassed you with a view to having stinger banned.
why ???

Are u some sort of forum snitch.

What business of yours is that ??
What business does Simon have with naming names
of supposed private conversations with other posters , with you ???
What business does Admin have talking to you about Stinger ???

Are u two in some alliance ???

Simon does your dirty work ,
removes Plugger whilst u snitch to Admin
'n play the forumites as patsies ???

WTF.

Why are u double dealing with this poster Simon ???

Are u two in cahoots.

No wonder Plugger got shafted.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:
dragit wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:

So that's a yes?

check - stinger.
The rule states:

MULTIPLE IDENTITY POLICY

Posters found to hold multiple forum identities and using them to add support to their own position within a forum argument, OR to undertake any activity that can be constituted as a breach of rules, will be penalised without any formal warning and with an ongoing permanent ban on all identities from the offending I.P. addresses.

Show me where Stinger and Saynta have done that?

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:viewtopic.php?p=1570157#p1570157
saynta wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saynta wrote:
stjay wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
stjay wrote:
You're posting unsupportive comments on a thread about a gay pride match and I asked you a perfectly legitimate question about whether you would mind if you're son or daughter were gay.
Pretty simple question but so far you've avoided answering the question which suggests you're motivated to post negatively out of prejudice and not just because you don't think its a good idea as you've tried to represent.
And as I told you the question is irrelevant and I have no desire to quizz you about yourself or family members as it has nothing to do with this debate. ok so you say I am motivated by prejudice yet you have no proof of any prejudice, do you see how silly you look ?

So if a Gay man told you he didn't want a Gay round what would be your reply then ?

as I told you earlier you really don't deserve any of my time but just wanted to see how far you could bury yourself.
The question is perfectly ligitimate and relevant given the topic of the thread and your stance on it.
The fact that you've avoided the simple question which could have so easily been answered, in so many way to show you're not about prejudice and yet your silence is deafening.
Shame on you.
You need to work through your contradictions and stop bringing your prejudice onto this thread OR have the courage to own it.
Go and comment on Tom Lee or Adam Schneider's poor disposal but spare me your bigotry!

And this is exactly why we need a gay pride match to fight against the prejudice the LGBTI community face everyday.
We're done.

Hey Stinger the mods have said you are him now so its time to man up and just tell us instead of talking crap about it not being you.

I guess you are talking to me, not stinger as it is me you are quoting.. For the record you are a liar, as the mods have said no such thing. I am now placing you on ignore so I don't have to read the mindless crap you go on about. You need urgent help as you are unstable and obsessed with someone who no longer posts here. Separation anxiety perhaps?

And more specifically, using the obvious (officially sanctioned) charade as an excuse to abuse and bait.
OK.

Step by step:

St.Jay argues one way.
The Fireman argues another.
St.Jay counters again.
Saynta offers an opinion who won that debate (on topic) but probably not any of his business BUT it is an open debate in an open forum
Plugger66 then comments off topic and I agree baits Saynta to man up. (we wouldn't warn for such a lame bait)
Saynta responds - borderline insulting i.e. "mindless crap" and "unstable" (we have let much worse go)

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
saynta wrote:why would i give a s*** if stinger was permanently banned. I just checked the members list, and he isn't even recorded there. He is long gone.
Okay sweet, we can run a poll on Plugger & stinger since they are both former posters…
Not in the fan forum ... but you could in the Animal Enclosure

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:Even if Stinger and Saynta are the same person... And i think they are (though don't know this for fact), his posting style has changed since the change in nickname (if it happened) and the more irritating aspects have lessened.

Could be hope for plugger yet
I would hope thee is hope for Plugger66 and that person would be werlcome back if he posted within the rules.

AND agreed - even if Saynta is the same person as Stinger was - there has been a massive improvement in the posting style - even when being attacked by multiple people.

Stinger = breached rules frequently

saynta = rarely breaches the rules

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

WindSister wrote:
i am well aware from discussions with you BFUSA that this poster along with several others continually harrassed you with a view to having stinger banned.
why ???

WTF.

Are u two in cahoots.

WHAT?

OMG.

Seriously?

WOW.

Furphy
Club Player

BackFromUSA wrote:After years of multiple warnings and two bans, Plugger66 has been deactivated.

He was deactivated for breaching this rule consistently despite numerous warnings and requests to reform his posting style:

No matter how much you disagree, or dismiss the worth of any opinion posted, or dismiss the worth of the poster in your eyes, your response must be respectful. Argue the facts. Post an opposing opinion. Do NOT make commentary about the poster - ONLY the post. If you tease, mock or bait another poster, or abuse them, OR repeatedly revisit past disagreements causing or creating an ongoing dispute between one or more posters, this is regarded as a breach of rules in the Fan Forum and will result in the issuing of a Saintsational warning. Such ongoing disputes can result in multiple breaches and can result in multiple Saintsational warnings.

His refusal to change has resulted in him being deactivated under the trolling rule - however his habit of creating never ending arguments could have equally have had the spamming rule applied.

Plugger66 can read the forum.

He can even rejoin under another name.

If he abides by the rules there is nothing stopping him being a contributor again.

Of course if he continues with the same style - the new entity will also be banned and or deregistered

Damn good call Mods. Too bad you cant block his IP address as well

markp
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:
markp wrote:viewtopic.php?p=1570157#p1570157
saynta wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saynta wrote:
stjay wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
stjay wrote:

Shame on you.

We're done.

OK.

Step by step:

St.Jay argues one way.
The Fireman argues another.
St.Jay counters again.
Saynta offers an opinion who won that debate (on topic) but probably not any of his business BUT it is an open debate in an open forum
Plugger66 then comments off topic and I agree baits Saynta to man up. (we wouldn't warn for such a lame bait)
Saynta responds - borderline insulting i.e. "mindless crap" and "unstable" (we have let much worse go)

Huh?

Saynta offers an opinion on who won?

"What a load of crap."

Ok.

No big deal, but not just "offering an opinion on who won".

P66 makes his observation based on that attack (ie we know it's you stinger).

Stinger calls him a liar and tells him he goes on with 'mindless crap' and that he needs help because he is mentally unwell.

Not baiting, not abuse....?

Now where did P66 do worse?

markp
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:
WindSister wrote:
why ???

WTF.

Are u two in cahoots.

WHAT?

OMG.

Seriously?

WOW.
Did I continually harass you about banning stinger?

Did you discuss this with saynta?

No.

Surely no.

markp
Saintsational Legend

And I too think saynta should man up and stop pretending he's not (or wasn't) stinger.

I don't see how pointing out that he is stinger (a fact) can be seen as baiting, while him pretending he's not, lying about it, and abusing those who point it out (because he makes it so freaking obvious) is not.

And I think that you Simon should stop facilitating this pathetic charade.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:
WindSister wrote:
why ???

WTF.

Are u two in cahoots.

WHAT?

OMG.

Seriously?

WOW.

Saynta posted above , today ... as i quoted.

Whats he talking about ?
Why are u discussing Stinger with Saynta ?
Why are u discussing other posters (supposed private conversations
with you) about Stinger , with Saynta ?

Fair questions i reckon.
... so how about an explanation please

'n enough of the

WOW
WOO HOO
SERIOUSLY
ETC ETC

Whatever all that sleight of hand was about !!!

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

bassoon wrote:I really don't understand the criticisms of the Moderators. Though I never had trouble with Plugger 66, it is well to remember that though we have the privlige and the right to post our opinions, etc.etc., we also have the responsibility to abide by the rules of the site. It's that simple really. If posters decide not toadied by the rules, they (eventually) forfeit their right.
The problem though, is when the rules are applied to some and not to others.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

or it could be ... the Rules are wrong.