Bye all

The place to discuss issues with administrators and moderators. Suggestions welcome. All bans will be posted here and the banning appeals process will be held in this forum.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

evo
Club Player

Re: Bye all

citywest wrote:
True Believer wrote:
citywest wrote:Hey Simon, I have no doubt that plugger66 is already back on with a new nic. If he continues posting in the same fashion (which I am sure he will), you should consider IP banning him for life. This should be the rule for all of the rogue posters who play the man rather than give opinions and create proper discussion regarding the St Kilda FC.

And you should consider keeping out of it and keeping your head down troll.......

Another little pet of the mods..........
Charming.
What ! You post some outlandish scenario's then winge to the mods like the name changer does when you get called out for your crap.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Hey Simon,

If P66 registers under a new nic and decides to pretend he's not P66 (under the guise of a fresh start but really so he can bait old foes and bother all the people who previously had him on ignore), to what point will you facilitate this and allow him to carry on with the charade?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Can we have some clarity around the saynta/stinger situation from the mods?

I really don't think it's fair for an antagonistic & polarizing poster to change names and hide under the guise of a new identity, taking pot shots at old foes. Particularly when a poster was for years breaking a fundamental rule of not holding multiple logins which is meant to deliver a life ban.

Same goes if plugger returns… it's all good to turn over a new leaf, but pretending to be a new poster should be banned.

*edit - i'm too slow - markp cheers - exactly.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote: Firstly I didn't lock it.

I recall a similar post about plugger many months ago was dealt in the same way.
My apologies for the assumption.

Is plugger fair game for ridicule now that he can't reply though?

The other two poll threads are going, maybe because stinger hasn't reported them…
I thought those polls were lobbying to get him back - not a breach. But I haven't read each and every post. If any are abusiive or breach any rules then the mods will deal with it.

How is he being ridiculed?

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:Hey Simon,

If P66 registers under a new nic and decides to pretend he's not P66 (under the guise of a fresh start but really so he can bait old foes and bother all the people who previously had him on ignore), to what point will you facilitate this and allow him to carry on with the charade?
Please report the exact posts where you believe the poster was baiting. I can't find them. If the mods agree they are baiting then a warning will be issued.

I did however stumble across some pretty abusive posts directed at one poster and that poster firing back at those that a used him.

Can't seem to find the claimed baiting. Has the post been deleted perhaps???

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Yes this exact question needs to be asked ...

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:

Please report the exact posts where you believe the poster was baiting. I can't find them. If the mods agree they are baiting then a warning will be issued.

I did however stumble across some pretty abusive posts directed at one poster and that poster firing back at those that a used him.

Can you advise why the fighting with plugger and playing with plucker threads were allowed to continue but the how to deal with stingers thread got locked straight away ??

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Can we have some clarity around the saynta/stinger situation from the mods?

I really don't think it's fair for an antagonistic & polarizing poster to change names and hide under the guise of a new identity, taking pot shots at old foes. Particularly when a poster was for years breaking a fundamental rule of not holding multiple logins which is meant to deliver a life ban.

Same goes if plugger returns… it's all good to turn over a new leaf, but pretending to be a new poster should be banned.

Saynta and Stinger never breached the rule. In fact they never posted in the same thread that we can see.

Read the rule. It is only a breach of the nic is used to support the other nic in an argument.

It is not against the rule that have a second nic - some posters have multiple nics and use them with our blessing (I get a big kick out of one particular poster) for humerous good and not destructive evil - the ones who use it for evil - usually get the nic banned.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:

Can you advise why the fighting with plugger and playing with plucker threads were allowed to continue but the how to deal with stingers thread got locked straight away ??
Simple. None of the 3 mods were on at the time. Once it was discovered it was moved from the forum as from memory locked. We try not to delete as we are mindful of the desire for posters to have freedom of speech.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:
dragit wrote:Can we have some clarity around the saynta/stinger situation from the mods?

Saynta and Stinger never breached the rule. In fact they never posted in the same thread that we can see.

Read the rule. It is only a breach of the nic is used to support the other nic in an argument.

It is not against the rule that have a second nic - some posters have multiple nics and use them with our blessing (I get a big kick out of one particular poster) for humerous good and not destructive evil - the ones who use it for evil - usually get the nic banned.
Okay, so if I show you where they have posted in the same thread can we get that life ban enacted? Cause we know they are the same person...

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:

Simple. None of the 3 mods were on at the time. Once it was discovered it was moved from the forum as from memory locked. We try not to delete as we are mindful of the desire for posters to have freedom of speech.
both still open as of today .... Very convenient that the stinger one got closed within minutes of being created in the general forum ... So basically you are wanting us to believe those two threads got missed cause no mods were on to see it in the main forum yet the stinger one was noticed by a mod with in seconds in the general forum .... Really

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:

Yes this exact question needs to be asked ...
Stinger and Saynta are treated by us as different entities - just as Plugger66 would be if he came on as another nic and he would have a clean sheet and live and die by his actions as the new nic.

If plugger registers again and continues down the same path then he will have his IP banned.

The poster to which your angst towards seems from my reading to respond to hostility and abuse directed towards him. I see a claim of baiting in this thread - but can't find it. Please point it out to me? Was it deleted? Also claims of baiting in other threads. Where? I have not seen that poster bait unless his mere existence or opinions (to which he is entitled even if they disagree with yours or the majority) are the baits claimed ... As I say ... Show me the baits!!! Report them. I certainly see the abuse.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:

Okay, so if I show you where they have posted in the same thread can we get that life ban enacted? Cause we know they are the same person...
I was tryng to stay out of this thread because it was quickly descending into farce, but the above post is clearly a breach of the rules.

"GRIEVANCES

Please note that all official warnings will be done via PM to the offending poster and the warning and the reason for the warning will be published within the offending post as an aid to assist all posters in identifying and understanding breaches.

Should a Moderator be required to edit a post, this will be shown in the post and a warning and explanation issued in private to that poster via PM.

If a person wishes to discuss this further, please do so with the Moderation team via PM.

The Moderation team have the final say and are here to provide a fun environment for us to celebrate all things St Kilda Football Club.

Please accept the umpire's decision and move on.

The above penalty system gives you three chances before your enjoyment of the community will be restricted. Take advantage of those three chances to improve your conduct.

Do not start threads requesting discipline of other members, nor PM the Moderators requesting punishment.

You are entitled to report behaviour you believe contravenes the rules, but it will be at the Moderator discretion as to the punishment required."

this poster is clearly requesting that you (bfusa)consider banning me.

I maintain that i have done nothing to warrant a life ban, and i certainly have not recently been involved in disputes.arguments or in an exchnge of abuse with plugga. I find that attempts to involve me are distasteful and offensive in the extreme.

Looking at the posters involved though is highly informative, for the mods that is.
Last edited by saynta on Wed 23 Sep 2015 7:27pm, edited 1 time in total.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:

both still open as of today .... Very convenient that the stinger one got closed within minutes of being created in the general forum ... So basically you are wanting us to believe those two threads got missed cause no mods were on to see it in the main forum yet the stinger one was noticed by a mod with in seconds in the general forum .... Really
I saw it.
I thought it was designed to bait a particular poster.
I locked it.

If there are other threads that should be locked, please provide the links.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
saynta
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:

I saw it.
I thought it was designed to bait a particular poster.
I locked it.

If there are other threads that should be locked, please provide the links.
And you have my gratitude. Thank you very much. Of course it was baiting.

I would also appreciate the thread being deleted in full because of that very reason.

i find it extremely offensive and it should not remain for others to snigger at. In my humble opinion.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Can we please stop pretending that an IP ban is any more significant than a 5 minute suspension. There are countless ways to get around them, even though the main pests are self confessed computer illiterates I'm sure they can manage a quick google search telling them which extension to install to their browser.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
dragit
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
dragit wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:

I was tryng to stay out of this thread because it was quickly descending into farce, but the above post is clearly a breach of the rules.

"GRIEVANCES

Please note that all official warnings will be done via PM to the offending poster and the warning and the reason for the warning will be published within the offending post as an aid to assist all posters in identifying and understanding breaches.

Should a Moderator be required to edit a post, this will be shown in the post and a warning and explanation issued in private to that poster via PM.

If a person wishes to discuss this further, please do so with the Moderation team via PM.

The Moderation team have the final say and are here to provide a fun environment for us to celebrate all things St Kilda Football Club.

The above penalty system gives you three chances before your enjoyment of the community will be restricted. Take advantage of those three chances to improve your conduct.

Do not start threads requesting discipline of other members, nor PM the Moderators requesting punishment.

You are entitled to report behaviour you believe contravenes the rules, but it will be at the Moderator discretion as to the punishment required."

I maintain that i have done nothing to warrant a life ban, and i certainly have not recently been involved in disputes.arguments or in an exchnge of abuse with plugga. I find that attempts to involve me are distasteful and offensive in the extreme.

Looking at the posters involved though is highly informative, for the mods that is.
You sound really worried

I thought you were staying out of this thread?

I'm not asking for you to be banned... But if I find something that warrants a life ban it should probably be reported, no doubt you'd do the same being the regular reporter they you are.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:

I see both those threads were moved to the Animal Enclosure. Seems a good spot for them. Perhaps that poll should have gone there too but the mod made a pretty good call to lock it. Equally as good a call. Non of them remain available to the fan forum - not treated consistently (granted) but both provide the same outcome - they are not a part of the fan forum.

I really should read those 2 plugger threads as I am not sure that I have!!!

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

If Oakleigh Boy comes back then i will assume he has returned.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

This thread is like a red hot steam room - it seems its been building for a while - thoroughly enjoyable thus far :twisted:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
saynta wrote:
dragit wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:

"GRIEVANCES

You sound really worried

I thought you were staying out of this thread?

I'm not asking for you to be banned... But if I find something that warrants a life ban it should probably be reported, no doubt you'd do the same being the regular reporter they you are.
I have continually maintained that I haven't breached the rules, but you go your hardest. Nothing you could say or do would ever worry me. You overrate yourself.

I was never in the habit of reporting people , but the forum was degenerating into not a very nice place to be.

The mods came up with the reporting function and asked us, me included, to report breaches of the rules which had been rewritten by BFUSA, rather than reponding in kind.

In keeping with that, I don't respond to jerks but report them when i think they overstep the bounds of decency.

And yes, I want to stay out of replying in this thread, but I can't when you and your ilk keep bringing me into the discussion with the mods.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

MULTIPLE IDENTITY POLICY

Posters found to hold multiple forum identities and using them to add support to their own position within a forum argument, OR to undertake any activity that can be constituted as a breach of rules, will be penalised without any formal warning and with an ongoing permanent ban on all identities from the offending I.P. addresses.

So essentially, if say stinger has come on as saynta and started baiting an old foe under the guise of a different identity, he should be banned permanently as it is a breach of the rules?

Is that right Simon?
Last edited by dragit on Wed 23 Sep 2015 7:51pm, edited 1 time in total.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:

I see both those threads were moved to the Animal Enclosure. Seems a good spot for them. Perhaps that poll should have gone there too but the mod made a pretty good call to lock it. Equally as good a call. Non of them remain available to the fan forum - not treated consistently (granted) but both provide the same outcome - they are not a part of the fan forum.

I really should read those 2 plugger threads as I am not sure that I have!!!
Ok read them now. Filled with humour and banter. Nothing horrible there to my eye although I believe that Gordo Summers nic was banned for constantly starting threads and posting stuff purely aiming to bait posters. Both those threads are in the right place - because whilst the OP were warning worthy the subsequent banter was mostly very good. Not of a spat between wind sister and plugger66. But nothing too major IMHO.

Certainly different to the inflammatory poll although as I have said it could have been moved to the Animal Enclosure but there should have been a warning issued to whoever started that poll - was there??? Maybe they has a lucky escape?

markp
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:

You seem to have responded to a different question to the one I asked, and I'd still like it answered please.

But further to your above response, has saynta never been warned or cautioned for abuse or baiting?

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:oh and mods - what chance that we could rookie Plugger66 in a sub-forum?
An interesting and very thoughtful concept SunSaint!!

Pluggsy could have his own subforum - the only place he could post - then other Saintsationalists could go over and argue with him and have their opinions questioned and questioned and questioned and questioned and questioned over and over and over and over and over and over again

A kind of special place where you could go if you where in the mood and happily get belittled and cut down in a monotonous never ending way :D

We could call it the "The Plugger66 Special Forum"

Make it happen mods!!!
Last edited by Devilhead on Wed 23 Sep 2015 8:07pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!