Joffabouy banning

The place to discuss issues with administrators and moderators. Suggestions welcome. All bans will be posted here and the banning appeals process will be held in this forum.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Joffabouy banning

Postby SENsei » Tue 04 Aug 2015 10:18am

Just an observation, not specifically about this nickname as such, but in your definition of 'baiting'.

Can you advise why the threads on Plugger66 "fighting with....." etc were allowed to stay on the site without challenge from any moderation or admin?

Under the rules of baiting, a nickname that has broken no rules but is similar to someone else on this site, gets banned to save the previous owner of a similar nickname of the stress of being 'baited'. I assume anyway.

Why not the same consistency for other posters I ask?

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=89262

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=89259


Is this action purely because someone reported the Joffabouy nickname to bring it to your attention? If so, do I assume no Moderator reads any threads on this site anymore to be oblivious to the two above threads? Or have they been read and not deemed to come under the 'baiting' criteria?

Thanks in advance.
Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
User avatar
SENsei
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 7126
Joined: Mon 05 Jun 2006 8:25pm

Re: Joffabouy banning

Postby BackFromUSA » Tue 04 Aug 2015 10:39am

Hi SEN

Both threads have been moved to the Animal Enclosure where such disputes can be fought out.

Not sure if the original posts were reported or not or whether they were warned for baiting. One could definitely argue that they should have been if they were not.

They were moved as threads to the appropriate forum. It is the very reason that forum was created - to allow bickering and the like to occur with relaxed rules. Baiting is not against the rules in that forum. Bullying is. If it got to that level, it should be reported and we can assess. Plugger66 certainly seems unaffected by it as his posting rate is as healthy as ever.

In response to reading every thread and post on here. Impossible!

As moderators we deal with PMs and Reports first.

Then if we have time we will start our casual reading of posts that we are interested in as users of the site. Occasionally we shall stumble across a breach and either report it ourselves (to be assessed by all miderators) or if it is a blatant breach then issue a warning immediately.

After all of that - we may get an opportunity to post ourselves!!!

I would say 80%+ of warnings come from reports.

I hope that answers your questions.
AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2012"
User avatar
BackFromUSA
SS Life Member
 
Posts: 3615
Joined: Tue 09 Mar 2004 12:38am

Re: Joffabouy banning

Postby SENsei » Tue 04 Aug 2015 11:21am

So being a bit facetious, as long as a poster like Joffabouy posted only in the Animal Enclosure, it would be fine?

As for P66, I understand he's not fussed. I thought it was an interesting conundrum.
Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
User avatar
SENsei
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 7126
Joined: Mon 05 Jun 2006 8:25pm

Re: Joffabouy banning

Postby plugger66 » Tue 04 Aug 2015 1:16pm

SENsei wrote:So being a bit facetious, as long as a poster like Joffabouy posted only in the Animal Enclosure, it would be fine?

As for P66, I understand he's not fussed. I thought it was an interesting conundrum.



Im with you on this. I have no problem with those threads but why cant a person have a nic close to another especially as the other isn't used anymore. The guy who used never baited once in his posts. If anything he was slightly funny. We have back from the china café which is an obvious bait but is allowed because he is funny. We have another poster who now uses another nic and is anything but funny. he is as bad as his previous nic.

I do agree with the mods that they cant read all the posts but I got warning for some silly reason and the post above it had the reason I said what I said but it wasn't reported. Surely the mods can at least view a few posts previous.

Anyway I cant see any logical reason why joffabouy was banned apart from some fool reporting it. I think the mods should have shown common sense and said bad luck to the report.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 50626
Joined: Mon 26 Feb 2007 8:15pm
Location: oakleigh

Re: Joffabouy banning

Postby BackFromUSA » Tue 04 Aug 2015 6:55pm

plugger66 wrote:
SENsei wrote:So being a bit facetious, as long as a poster like Joffabouy posted only in the Animal Enclosure, it would be fine?

As for P66, I understand he's not fussed. I thought it was an interesting conundrum.



Im with you on this. I have no problem with those threads but why cant a person have a nic close to another especially as the other isn't used anymore. The guy who used never baited once in his posts. If anything he was slightly funny. We have back from the china café which is an obvious bait but is allowed because he is funny. We have another poster who now uses another nic and is anything but funny. he is as bad as his previous nic.

I do agree with the mods that they cant read all the posts but I got warning for some silly reason and the post above it had the reason I said what I said but it wasn't reported. Surely the mods can at least view a few posts previous.

Anyway I cant see any logical reason why joffabouy was banned apart from some fool reporting it. I think the mods should have shown common sense and said bad luck to the report.


Joffabouy's name itself, his / her signature and the tarax branded cleaner bottle was CLEAR BAITING. Whatever he / she wrote was irrelevant. It should be noted that most of what was said was fabulous content. This was a long time poster literally taking the piss ... as per their avatar.

We gave joffabouy the option to change the nic / signature etc before banning the nic.

Offer wasn't taken up despite acknowledginmg receipt of the offer.

We dont have time to waste like some people.

Nic was banned.

As for trying to read posts prior to a report - will try - even if we do, not sure we shall find who started half the bickering ... it sometimes goes on for multiple pages.

Please try to remember that warnings have meaning to your ability to participate in the forum if you get 3 in a week. Shouldn't be an issue if you get 1 now and again.
AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2012"
User avatar
BackFromUSA
SS Life Member
 
Posts: 3615
Joined: Tue 09 Mar 2004 12:38am

Re: Joffabouy banning

Postby BackFromUSA » Tue 04 Aug 2015 6:57pm

SENsei wrote:So being a bit facetious, as long as a poster like Joffabouy posted only in the Animal Enclosure, it would be fine?

As for P66, I understand he's not fussed. I thought it was an interesting conundrum.


yes ... Joffabouy could have existed ONLY in the AE.
AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2012"
User avatar
BackFromUSA
SS Life Member
 
Posts: 3615
Joined: Tue 09 Mar 2004 12:38am

Re: Joffabouy banning

Postby plugger66 » Tue 04 Aug 2015 7:37pm

BackFromUSA wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
SENsei wrote:So being a bit facetious, as long as a poster like Joffabouy posted only in the Animal Enclosure, it would be fine?

As for P66, I understand he's not fussed. I thought it was an interesting conundrum.



Im with you on this. I have no problem with those threads but why cant a person have a nic close to another especially as the other isn't used anymore. The guy who used never baited once in his posts. If anything he was slightly funny. We have back from the china café which is an obvious bait but is allowed because he is funny. We have another poster who now uses another nic and is anything but funny. he is as bad as his previous nic.

I do agree with the mods that they cant read all the posts but I got warning for some silly reason and the post above it had the reason I said what I said but it wasn't reported. Surely the mods can at least view a few posts previous.

Anyway I cant see any logical reason why joffabouy was banned apart from some fool reporting it. I think the mods should have shown common sense and said bad luck to the report.


Joffabouy's name itself, his / her signature and the tarax branded cleaner bottle was CLEAR BAITING. Whatever he / she wrote was irrelevant. It should be noted that most of what was said was fabulous content. This was a long time poster literally taking the piss ... as per their avatar.

We gave joffabouy the option to change the nic / signature etc before banning the nic.

Offer wasn't taken up despite acknowledginmg receipt of the offer.

We dont have time to waste like some people.

Nic was banned.

As for trying to read posts prior to a report - will try - even if we do, not sure we shall find who started half the bickering ... it sometimes goes on for multiple pages.

Please try to remember that warnings have meaning to your ability to participate in the forum if you get 3 in a week. Shouldn't be an issue if you get 1 now and again.


So we cant bait posters names that don't even exist anymore. Well that makes no sense at all. And it was hardly baiting anyway. It was a bit of a joke.

And nice baiting by you saying we don't have time to waste like other people.

It really is time for you to get a sense of humour. How a person can bait someone who doesn't exist is beyond me.
Last edited by plugger66 on Tue 04 Aug 2015 7:53pm, edited 1 time in total.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 50626
Joined: Mon 26 Feb 2007 8:15pm
Location: oakleigh

Re: Joffabouy banning

Postby asiu » Tue 04 Aug 2015 7:44pm

Do as he says not as he does !
... get out the Orange hats.
Image
.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.
asiu
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 4775
Joined: Thu 08 Apr 2010 8:11pm

Re: Joffabouy banning

Postby st.byron » Tue 04 Aug 2015 8:16pm

plugger66 wrote:[
So we cant bait posters names that don't even exist anymore. Well that makes no sense at all. And it was hardly baiting anyway. It was a bit of a joke.

And nice baiting by you saying we don't have time to waste like other people.

It really is time for you to get a sense of humour. How a person can bait someone who doesn't exist is beyond me.


P66 and Sen, Joffabouy existed for one reason only. It was a piss take. The poster was playing a game of creating a second identity so they could take the piss. For sure that person has another ID on here. We just couldn't identify them because he/she was using IP addresses in Holland...
I can see that it could be viewed as harmless and a bit of fun. Agreed that it could be viewed and enjoyed in that way.

But from my point of view as a mod, it was a precedent for more piss taking that could easily get ugly. One person creates a deliberate piss take nic and we let it go and then another copy cat will follow. We'll have Stoonger, Redoomer, ReReincarnated etc etc etc - it will end in tears and more work for the mods.
It was a deliberate strategy to "play with the mods" rather than someone new joining up to post about the Saints who just happened to pick that name.
User avatar
st.byron
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 7516
Joined: Tue 14 Jun 2005 7:04pm
Location: Mullum

Re: Joffabouy banning

Postby BackFromUSA » Tue 04 Aug 2015 8:36pm

plugger66 wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
SENsei wrote:So being a bit facetious, as long as a poster like Joffabouy posted only in the Animal Enclosure, it would be fine?

As for P66, I understand he's not fussed. I thought it was an interesting conundrum.



Im with you on this. I have no problem with those threads but why cant a person have a nic close to another especially as the other isn't used anymore. The guy who used never baited once in his posts. If anything he was slightly funny. We have back from the china café which is an obvious bait but is allowed because he is funny. We have another poster who now uses another nic and is anything but funny. he is as bad as his previous nic.

I do agree with the mods that they cant read all the posts but I got warning for some silly reason and the post above it had the reason I said what I said but it wasn't reported. Surely the mods can at least view a few posts previous.

Anyway I cant see any logical reason why joffabouy was banned apart from some fool reporting it. I think the mods should have shown common sense and said bad luck to the report.


Joffabouy's name itself, his / her signature and the tarax branded cleaner bottle was CLEAR BAITING. Whatever he / she wrote was irrelevant. It should be noted that most of what was said was fabulous content. This was a long time poster literally taking the piss ... as per their avatar.

We gave joffabouy the option to change the nic / signature etc before banning the nic.

Offer wasn't taken up despite acknowledginmg receipt of the offer.

We dont have time to waste like some people.

Nic was banned.

As for trying to read posts prior to a report - will try - even if we do, not sure we shall find who started half the bickering ... it sometimes goes on for multiple pages.

Please try to remember that warnings have meaning to your ability to participate in the forum if you get 3 in a week. Shouldn't be an issue if you get 1 now and again.


So we cant bait posters names that don't even exist anymore. Well that makes no sense at all. And it was hardly baiting anyway. It was a bit of a joke.

And nice baiting by you saying we don't have time to waste like other people.

It really is time for you to get a sense of humour. How a person can bait someone who doesn't exist is beyond me.


I am sorry - how is it baiting that I think what Joffabouy did was a waste of time?

The amount of time he / she took to create all that and the mega long PMs ... complete waste of time!

As for existing ... technically NO NIC exists ... but the PEOPLE behind them do. Deep huh?
AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2012"
User avatar
BackFromUSA
SS Life Member
 
Posts: 3615
Joined: Tue 09 Mar 2004 12:38am

Re: Joffabouy banning

Postby plugger66 » Tue 04 Aug 2015 8:37pm

st.byron wrote:
plugger66 wrote:[
So we cant bait posters names that don't even exist anymore. Well that makes no sense at all. And it was hardly baiting anyway. It was a bit of a joke.

And nice baiting by you saying we don't have time to waste like other people.

It really is time for you to get a sense of humour. How a person can bait someone who doesn't exist is beyond me.


P66 and Sen, Joffabouy existed for one reason only. It was a piss take. The poster was playing a game of creating a second identity so they could take the piss. For sure that person has another ID on here. We just couldn't identify them because he/she was using IP addresses in Holland...
I can see that it could be viewed as harmless and a bit of fun. Agreed that it could be viewed and enjoyed in that way.

But from my point of view as a mod, it was a precedent for more piss taking that could easily get ugly. One person creates a deliberate piss take nic and we let it go and then another copy cat will follow. We'll have Stoonger, Redoomer, ReReincarnated etc etc etc - it will end in tears and more work for the mods.
It was a deliberate strategy to "play with the mods" rather than someone new joining up to post about the Saints who just happened to pick that name.


Yet we have back from the china café and the reincarnation of Stinger now using another nic.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 50626
Joined: Mon 26 Feb 2007 8:15pm
Location: oakleigh

Re: Joffabouy banning

Postby st.byron » Tue 04 Aug 2015 9:18pm

plugger66 wrote:
Yet we have back from the china café and the reincarnation of Stinger now using another nic.


Lots of posters change their nics. As is the case with the poster who used to be Stinger. There's no issue with that. The person has moved on.
If someone joined up as Stoonger for eg and started posting lots of FFS, FFS and rolling eyes etc, then that would be a clear bait.

Regarding Back From the China Cafe - yes it could be seen as a bait or piss take. I see your point. But that poster is only occasionally active (28 posts in 15 months, 70% of them over twelve months ago) and doesn't cause any trouble and isn't deliberately wasting the mods time by re-registering under new foreign IP addresses when the existing one is blocked, which is what Joffabouy did.
User avatar
st.byron
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 7516
Joined: Tue 14 Jun 2005 7:04pm
Location: Mullum

Re: Joffabouy banning

Postby plugger66 » Tue 04 Aug 2015 9:27pm

st.byron wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Yet we have back from the china café and the reincarnation of Stinger now using another nic.


Lots of posters change their nics. As is the case with the poster who used to be Stinger. There's no issue with that. The person has moved on.
If someone joined up as Stoonger for eg and started posting lots of FFS, FFS and rolling eyes etc, then that would be a clear bait.

Regarding Back From the China Cafe - yes it could be seen as a bait or piss take. I see your point. But that poster is only occasionally active (28 posts in 15 months, 70% of them over twelve months ago) and doesn't cause any trouble and isn't deliberately wasting the mods time by re-registering under new foreign IP addresses when the existing one is blocked, which is what Joffabouy did.



There is actually a problem of Stinger changing his nic and no mod telling us what his new nic even though we know its saynta and I will explain it. Saynta is now arguing with the same people as Stinger so if someone came on here they would think those same people are arguing with both Stinger and saynta instead of just one person. What happens if the person keeps starting new nics and keeps arguing but not breaking the rules. It would then seem that the other people are now arguing with 3, 4 or 5 different people but in actual fact it is still only one person. I believe the mods should tell all that the old Stinger is now saynta just as every single person knows BM is the old JB. He told us and so did the mods. And that goes for all people that mods know have multiple nics.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 50626
Joined: Mon 26 Feb 2007 8:15pm
Location: oakleigh

Re: Joffabouy banning

Postby GrumpyOne » Tue 04 Aug 2015 10:44pm

I think that all multiple nics should be banned, and if a poster chooses to change his nic or register a new nic and dispose of his old one, the id panel should list all former nics, as "The poster was formerly known as.....".
Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
User avatar
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 8163
Joined: Wed 17 Mar 2010 9:25am
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Re: Joffabouy banning

Postby 8856brother » Tue 04 Aug 2015 11:01pm

Joffabuoy was a cabbage.
_______________________________________________________________________
"Don't argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
User avatar
8856brother
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 4324
Joined: Wed 14 Sep 2011 2:58pm
Location: Twin Peaks

Re: Joffabouy banning

Postby st.byron » Tue 04 Aug 2015 11:03pm

plugger66 wrote:There is actually a problem of Stinger changing his nic and no mod telling us what his new nic even though we know its saynta and I will explain it. Saynta is now arguing with the same people as Stinger so if someone came on here they would think those same people are arguing with both Stinger and saynta instead of just one person. What happens if the person keeps starting new nics and keeps arguing but not breaking the rules. It would then seem that the other people are now arguing with 3, 4 or 5 different people but in actual fact it is still only one person. I believe the mods should tell all that the old Stinger is now saynta just as every single person knows BM is the old JB. He told us and so did the mods. And that goes for all people that mods know have multiple nics.


Plugga, your suggestion that, " Saynta is now arguing with the same people as Stinger so if someone came on here they would think those same people are arguing with both Stinger and saynta instead of just one person", makes no sense. Reread it. It doesn't make any sense.
If someone wants to change their nic and lay the old one to rest for good reason or maybe just because they've been posting for a fair while and would like a change, then fair enough. And common sense is needed here. If someone just wants to keep changing nics without any reasonable reason, then I reckon the mods would be asking them why they want to do that. If however someone wants to change their posting habits and changes their nic to assist with that, then great if it means they post within the rules.

Re Stinger and Saynta and Bunk and Joffa - Bunk chose to lay his old nic to rest and wasn't fussed that people knew that. He just wanted the old nic to be in the past and for it not to brought up over and over. Fair enough.
Stinger has not been posting here for quite some time. Saynta has been posting within the rules. If forum members see a link between those two posters, then it's up to them to draw that conclusion.

Re multiple nics - the rules are clear that multiple nics are not allowed.
User avatar
st.byron
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 7516
Joined: Tue 14 Jun 2005 7:04pm
Location: Mullum

Re: Joffabouy banning

Postby SENsei » Tue 04 Aug 2015 11:07pm

GrumpyOne wrote:I think that all multiple nics should be banned, and if a poster chooses to change his nic or register a new nic and dispose of his old one, the id panel should list all former nics, as "The poster was formerly known as.....".


As I have done in my signature.

I understand everything you are saying Byron, not sure though that we should be legislating against taking the piss. If those supposed baiting nicknames were being aggressive, then I can understand it. But my view is that unless they break a rule, then they shouldn't be banned just for taking the piss.

Was Gordo Sumner not thought of under the same criteria, obviously being the real name of Sting? I thought it was funny, but under the above, it was a piss-take and bannable.

All good though. Interesting discussion.
Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
User avatar
SENsei
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 7126
Joined: Mon 05 Jun 2006 8:25pm

Re: Joffabouy banning

Postby markp » Tue 04 Aug 2015 11:38pm

It's problematic when a poster uses their 'secret' new nic to bait old foes, drawing them into argy with someone they'd otherwise choose to deal with differently, maybe even not waste their time on.... He's even used the speculation about his nic change as an excuse to abuse (after lying about it).

Dave's second nic seemed more lighthearted (and almost tribute like) to me, but I can see why it can't be tolerated.
User avatar
markp
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 12221
Joined: Mon 26 Mar 2007 4:22pm

Re: Joffabouy banning

Postby st.byron » Wed 05 Aug 2015 12:34am

SENsei wrote:As I have done in my signature.

I understand everything you are saying Byron, not sure though that we should be legislating against taking the piss. If those supposed baiting nicknames were being aggressive, then I can understand it. But my view is that unless they break a rule, then they shouldn't be banned just for taking the piss.

Was Gordo Sumner not thought of under the same criteria, obviously being the real name of Sting? I thought it was funny, but under the above, it was a piss-take and bannable.

All good though. Interesting discussion.


Yeah fair enough. It could have been let through to the keeper, but a majority of mods reckoned that it was the thin end of the wedge. In this particular case, it was also an issue because there's history with the nic Joffaboy and the poster who used to have that nic specifically and very clearly asking for it to be dead and buried. That's pretty well known on here amongst those who have been here for a while, so the nic Joffabouy was also testing that boundary. Personally I reckon that nic and the signature with references to Tarax and loo cleaner were chosen specifically to do that. The poster concerned was asked to change the nic before it was banned. They refused. So we banned the IP address to see if they'd pop up from another known IP address so we could identify who it actually was. They did pop up again, but from a new, unknown IP address in Holland. So clearly, someone playing ID games and generally pissing about. That, the history with the nic joffaboy and it being a 'thin end of the wedge' precedent were all reasons why I supported banning it.
Am not up with the Gordo Sumner thing - I was out of action for a while. I did see the nic but don't know any posting history.
User avatar
st.byron
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 7516
Joined: Tue 14 Jun 2005 7:04pm
Location: Mullum

Re: Joffabouy banning

Postby st.byron » Wed 05 Aug 2015 12:36am

markp wrote:It's problematic when a poster uses their 'secret' new nic to bait old foes, drawing them into argy with someone they'd otherwise choose to deal with differently, maybe even not waste their time on....


Yes I agree.
User avatar
st.byron
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 7516
Joined: Tue 14 Jun 2005 7:04pm
Location: Mullum

Re: Joffabouy banning

Postby asiu » Wed 05 Aug 2015 12:48am

st.byron wrote:
markp wrote:It's problematic when a poster uses their 'secret' new nic to bait old foes, drawing them into argy with someone they'd otherwise choose to deal with differently, maybe even not waste their time on....


Yes I agree.


which is what plugger was trying to express earlier.

... and which , plugger was subjected to via that 'new' id
AND that 'new' id's old crew (who knew his 'true' identity via 1 PM)

which was / is all a bit unfair.
Image
.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.
asiu
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 4775
Joined: Thu 08 Apr 2010 8:11pm

Re: Joffabouy banning

Postby HitTheBoundary » Wed 05 Aug 2015 1:38am

Saynta is clearly Stinger.
And Saynta was registered Wed 10 Mar 2004 3:53pm.

So clearly Stinker doesn't mind having an extra nic or two.
Or three.....

I wonder what Harry M thinks of all this.
User avatar
HitTheBoundary
Club Player
 
Posts: 1786
Joined: Fri 27 Feb 2009 9:00am
Location: Walkabout

Re: Joffabouy banning

Postby HitTheBoundary » Wed 05 Aug 2015 1:47am

I quite like posters from Holland.

We should have more.

Image
Image
User avatar
HitTheBoundary
Club Player
 
Posts: 1786
Joined: Fri 27 Feb 2009 9:00am
Location: Walkabout

Re: Joffabouy banning

Postby st.byron » Wed 05 Aug 2015 4:32am

I'm currently in Holland and it's a tough gig with all those women playing football everywhere.
User avatar
st.byron
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 7516
Joined: Tue 14 Jun 2005 7:04pm
Location: Mullum

Re: Joffabouy banning

Postby plugger66 » Wed 05 Aug 2015 7:55am

st.byron wrote:
plugger66 wrote:There is actually a problem of Stinger changing his nic and no mod telling us what his new nic even though we know its saynta and I will explain it. Saynta is now arguing with the same people as Stinger so if someone came on here they would think those same people are arguing with both Stinger and saynta instead of just one person. What happens if the person keeps starting new nics and keeps arguing but not breaking the rules. It would then seem that the other people are now arguing with 3, 4 or 5 different people but in actual fact it is still only one person. I believe the mods should tell all that the old Stinger is now saynta just as every single person knows BM is the old JB. He told us and so did the mods. And that goes for all people that mods know have multiple nics.


Plugga, your suggestion that, " Saynta is now arguing with the same people as Stinger so if someone came on here they would think those same people are arguing with both Stinger and saynta instead of just one person", makes no sense. Reread it. It doesn't make any sense.
If someone wants to change their nic and lay the old one to rest for good reason or maybe just because they've been posting for a fair while and would like a change, then fair enough. And common sense is needed here. If someone just wants to keep changing nics without any reasonable reason, then I reckon the mods would be asking them why they want to do that. If however someone wants to change their posting habits and changes their nic to assist with that, then great if it means they post within the rules.

Re Stinger and Saynta and Bunk and Joffa - Bunk chose to lay his old nic to rest and wasn't fussed that people knew that. He just wanted the old nic to be in the past and for it not to brought up over and over. Fair enough.
Stinger has not been posting here for quite some time. Saynta has been posting within the rules. If forum members see a link between those two posters, then it's up to them to draw that conclusion.

Re multiple nics - the rules are clear that multiple nics are not allowed.



Yes but people who don't know Stinger is Saynta and have long memorises may say here goes plugger again. Was arguing with Stinger and now this new guy Saynta. When will plugger learn. And then what happens if saynta becomes painter, then people may say he is arguing again with another poster but in fact its the same guy all the time. Surely you get the issue.

Every poster should know the previous nic of another poster. That is the simple answer.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 50626
Joined: Mon 26 Feb 2007 8:15pm
Location: oakleigh

Next

Return to Administration Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest