Joffabouy banning

The place to discuss issues with administrators and moderators. Suggestions welcome. All bans will be posted here and the banning appeals process will be held in this forum.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Re: Joffabouy banning

Postby desertsaint » Wed 05 Aug 2015 9:52am

i get where you're going plugger, but no way would posters be tallying your opponents. you're like a jimmy sharman boxer - take on allcomers, drunk or sober!
"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
User avatar
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 6527
Joined: Sun 27 Apr 2008 2:02pm
Location: out there

Re: Joffabouy banning

Postby markp » Wed 05 Aug 2015 11:05am

desertsaint wrote:i get where you're going plugger, but no way would posters be tallying your opponents. you're like a jimmy sharman boxer - take on allcomers, drunk or sober!


I think he's right... It (intentionally) adds to a negative perception about him being at the centre of trouble, and gives an old 'foe' free hits.
User avatar
markp
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 12212
Joined: Mon 26 Mar 2007 4:22pm

Re: Joffabouy banning

Postby asiu » Wed 05 Aug 2015 11:35am

I think he's right... It (intentionally) adds to a negative perception about him being at the centre of trouble, and gives an old 'foe' free hits.


Yes.
... thats how i see it as well.

which doesn't seem very fair , to me.
Image
.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.
asiu
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 4752
Joined: Thu 08 Apr 2010 8:11pm

Re: Joffabouy banning

Postby saynta » Wed 05 Aug 2015 3:32pm

plugger66 wrote:
st.byron wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Yet we have back from the china café and the reincarnation of Stinger now using another nic.


Lots of posters change their nics. As is the case with the poster who used to be Stinger. There's no issue with that. The person has moved on.
If someone joined up as Stoonger for eg and started posting lots of FFS, FFS and rolling eyes etc, then that would be a clear bait.

Regarding Back From the China Cafe - yes it could be seen as a bait or piss take. I see your point. But that poster is only occasionally active (28 posts in 15 months, 70% of them over twelve months ago) and doesn't cause any trouble and isn't deliberately wasting the mods time by re-registering under new foreign IP addresses when the existing one is blocked, which is what Joffabouy did.



There is actually a problem of Stinger changing his nic and no mod telling us what his new nic even though we know its saynta and I will explain it. Saynta is now arguing with the same people as Stinger so if someone came on here they would think those same people are arguing with both Stinger and saynta instead of just one person. What happens if the person keeps starting new nics and keeps arguing but not breaking the rules. It would then seem that the other people are now arguing with 3, 4 or 5 different people but in actual fact it is still only one person. I believe the mods should tell all that the old Stinger is now saynta just as every single person knows BM is the old JB. He told us and so did the mods. And that goes for all people that mods know have multiple nics.


Gee you talk bull. MODS, arguing with idiots brings you down to their level. As I have said on several occasions, I was here long before stinger.
saynta
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 4250
Joined: Wed 10 Mar 2004 3:53pm

Re: Joffabouy banning

Postby plugger66 » Wed 05 Aug 2015 3:33pm

desertsaint wrote:i get where you're going plugger, but no way would posters be tallying your opponents. you're like a jimmy sharman boxer - take on allcomers, drunk or sober!



It actually wasn't supposed to be about me but any poster. What also happens is we call this saynta guy stinger and he denies and we say bulls*** and then it becomes another s*** fight. I cant see one negative if the mods know who a poster was and is now that they tell us. Not one single negative. I can see many negatives by them not telling us.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 50626
Joined: Mon 26 Feb 2007 8:15pm
Location: oakleigh

Re: Joffabouy banning

Postby saynta » Wed 05 Aug 2015 3:50pm

HitTheBoundary wrote:Saynta is clearly Stinger.
And Saynta was registered Wed 10 Mar 2004 3:53pm.

So clearly Stinker doesn't mind having an extra nic or two.
Or three.....

I wonder what Harry M thinks of all this.


That is rubbish. Pure fantasy on your part. That registration date was after a forum crash when we all lost our post count and got the same registration date. I was here long before that.

Anyway duel nicks only recently became a breach of the rules. Back them it wasn't an issue. And no, I'm not using duel nicks, but most of the long time members probably did.

I really have read some rubbish in this thread. I don't believe I am arguing with the same posters that stinger did. I don't recall him arguing with plugger except in the AE.

And plugger seems to be the one with the problem, following me around and trying to stir up the s*** in this thread, which isn't the first on this topic.

For the record, your snide remark isn't appreciated Hit the Boundary. I am not now or every was Harry.M, and I don't believe that stinger was either. Anyone thinking along those lines shows a complete lack of intelligence. Not surprising, seeing where the suggestion came from.

I regard the various references to me in this thread as an attempt to bully me and if it continues, I will be reporting the posts to the mods.
saynta
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 4250
Joined: Wed 10 Mar 2004 3:53pm

Re: Joffabouy banning

Postby plugger66 » Wed 05 Aug 2015 3:58pm

saynta wrote:
HitTheBoundary wrote:Saynta is clearly Stinger.
And Saynta was registered Wed 10 Mar 2004 3:53pm.

So clearly Stinker doesn't mind having an extra nic or two.
Or three.....

I wonder what Harry M thinks of all this.
\

That is rubbish. Pure fantasy on your part. That registration date was after a forum crash when we all lost our post count and got the same registration date. I was here long before that.

Anyway duel nicks only recently became a breach of the rules. Back them it wasn't an issue. And no, I'm not using duel nicks, but most of the long time members probably did.

I really have read some rubbish in this thread. I don't believe I am arguing with the same posters that stinger did. I don't recall him arguing with plugger except in the AE.

And plugger seems to be the one with the problem, following me around and trying to stir up the s*** in this thread, which isn't the first on this topic.

For the record, your snide remark isn't appreciated hit the boundry. I am not now or every was Harry.M, and I don't believe that stinger wasn't either. Anyone thinking along those lines shows a complete lack of intelligence.

I regard the various references to me in this thread as an attempt to bully me and if it continues, I will be reporting the posts to the mods.



Funny that you say things exactly like Stinger. Following you around? More like you follow me around. You like and dislike the same things and people. Exactly by the way and now you tell us about who you think Stinger and HarryM were and are. Also you didn't post to exactly the same time as Stinger left and now post as many posts as him and he doesn't post any more. Coincidence? Not a hope. And anyway the mods basically confirmed it was you by not telling us we were wrong. You may not use Stinger anymore but you still don't get many things.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 50626
Joined: Mon 26 Feb 2007 8:15pm
Location: oakleigh

Re: Joffabouy banning

Postby saynta » Wed 05 Aug 2015 4:06pm

plugger66 wrote:
saynta wrote:
HitTheBoundary wrote:Saynta is clearly Stinger.
And Saynta was registered Wed 10 Mar 2004 3:53pm.

So clearly Stinker doesn't mind having an extra nic or two.
Or three.....

I wonder what Harry M thinks of all this.
\

That is rubbish. Pure fantasy on your part. That registration date was after a forum crash when we all lost our post count and got the same registration date. I was here long before that.

Anyway duel nicks only recently became a breach of the rules. Back them it wasn't an issue. And no, I'm not using duel nicks, but most of the long time members probably did.

I really have read some rubbish in this thread. I don't believe I am arguing with the same posters that stinger did. I don't recall him arguing with plugger except in the AE.

And plugger seems to be the one with the problem, following me around and trying to stir up the s*** in this thread, which isn't the first on this topic.

For the record, your snide remark isn't appreciated hit the boundry. I am not now or every was Harry.M, and I don't believe that stinger wasn't either. Anyone thinking along those lines shows a complete lack of intelligence.

I regard the various references to me in this thread as an attempt to bully me and if it continues, I will be reporting the posts to the mods.



Funny that you say things exactly like Stinger. Following you around? More like you follow me around. You like and dislike the same things and people. Exactly by the way and now you tell us about who you think Stinger and HarryM were and are. Also you didn't post to exactly the same time as Stinger left and now post as many posts as him and he doesn't post any more. Coincidence? Not a hope. And anyway the mods basically confirmed it was you by not telling us we were wrong. You may not use Stinger anymore but you still don't get many things.


One thing I do know, stinger had you on ignore. I have never done that, but I might make an exception with you. For the record, the mods can hardly confirm a lie, or something that they don't know. What I read into what they said, was it was none of your business and that is perfectly correct. My comments on Harry m and stinger come from reading many of the ridiculous bullying posts you made on the subject. With your low level of intelligence it seemed impossible to you for stinger to have a supporter so they must be one and the same, or related in some way. Just shows how pathetically warped your mind is.
saynta
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 4250
Joined: Wed 10 Mar 2004 3:53pm

Re: Joffabouy banning

Postby plugger66 » Wed 05 Aug 2015 4:16pm

No worries Stinger. Just more confirmation. You are speaking more and more like him. Its funny how you know so much but never posted for 5 years. Stinger leaves and you post. And it is warped for Stinger to have a supporter because there isn't another person in Australia who could possibly have his views on life unless you are also warped and you are Stinger. Its the only logical conclusion.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 50626
Joined: Mon 26 Feb 2007 8:15pm
Location: oakleigh

Re: Joffabouy banning

Postby GrumpyOne » Wed 05 Aug 2015 6:19pm

The test will come if Saynta is game to enter into the GF.

Something Stinger said he would never return to.
Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
User avatar
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 8163
Joined: Wed 17 Mar 2010 9:25am
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Re: Joffabouy banning

Postby markp » Wed 05 Aug 2015 6:53pm

GrumpyOne wrote:The test will come if Saynta is game to enter into the GF.

Something Stinger said he would never return to.


Why is it a test?

Would you want that?

Saynta is stinger, as all but 'officially' confirmed now... Mods could hardly draw the dots any closer together, and dont you think they would have denied it by now?

And stinger said a lot of things, most of them lies, but the only reason he doesn't post in the gf is obviously because he's not permitted to... Same goes for reviving his stinger account.
User avatar
markp
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 12212
Joined: Mon 26 Mar 2007 4:22pm

Re: Joffabouy banning

Postby st.byron » Wed 05 Aug 2015 6:58pm

plugger66 wrote:Yes but people who don't know Stinger is Saynta and have long memorises may say here goes plugger again. Was arguing with Stinger and now this new guy Saynta. When will plugger learn. And then what happens if saynta becomes painter, then people may say he is arguing again with another poster but in fact its the same guy all the time. Surely you get the issue.

Every poster should know the previous nic of another poster. That is the simple answer.


Okay, now I understand. Thanks.
It seems to me you're concerned about people perceiving you as argumentative in arguing with multiple posters. It could be there's a grain of truth in there. Seems like you have two options. Not worry about it and carry on as is within the rules or be less argumentative.

Re the suggestion that everyone's previous nics should be known, or even listed under their avatar as GO has suggested - my personal opinion about that is that it defeats the purpose of changing nics and wanting to leave an old nic behind. People will constantly be dragging up the old nic. I reckon it would provide more fuel for bickering and arguing.
But if that idea is widely supported then ok. I think common sense (which is of course subjective) and what a majority of posters want should guide the way the forum is structured.
User avatar
st.byron
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 7496
Joined: Tue 14 Jun 2005 7:04pm
Location: Netanya

Re: Joffabouy banning

Postby st.byron » Wed 05 Aug 2015 7:00pm

markp wrote:
desertsaint wrote:i get where you're going plugger, but no way would posters be tallying your opponents. you're like a jimmy sharman boxer - take on allcomers, drunk or sober!


I think he's right... It (intentionally) adds to a negative perception about him being at the centre of trouble, and gives an old 'foe' free hits.


I don't get the bit about 'intentionally adding to a negative perception"???? How is it intentional?

Forgive me if I'm a bit slow here. Have been pretty much offline for a couple of months or more - just getting back up to speed with what's happening here.
User avatar
st.byron
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 7496
Joined: Tue 14 Jun 2005 7:04pm
Location: Netanya

Re: Joffabouy banning

Postby markp » Wed 05 Aug 2015 7:08pm

I 100% believe a poster should be able to start fresh (anon) if they want to turn over a new leaf.

But if they start baiting again (paricularly old 'foes') they should forfeit that right.

And saynta is not even a new nic, and has form and history aiding his 'stinger' nic and baiting to benefit his stinger nic.
User avatar
markp
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 12212
Joined: Mon 26 Mar 2007 4:22pm

Re: Joffabouy banning

Postby markp » Wed 05 Aug 2015 7:14pm

st.byron wrote:
markp wrote:
desertsaint wrote:i get where you're going plugger, but no way would posters be tallying your opponents. you're like a jimmy sharman boxer - take on allcomers, drunk or sober!


I think he's right... It (intentionally) adds to a negative perception about him being at the centre of trouble, and gives an old 'foe' free hits.


I don't get the bit about 'intentionally adding to a negative perception"???? How is it intentional?

Forgive me if I'm a bit slow here. Have been pretty much offline for a couple of months or more - just getting back up to speed with what's happening here.


I mean explicitly baiting and then carrying on about how much trouble he causes, even bringing up his past form with/vs stinger.

I mean deliberately using his 'anonymity' to bait and then abuse him as a serial trouble maker, and in need of help etc, when p66 points out who he really is.

I'm referring to saynta/stinger deliberately (intentionally) using his 'anonymity' as a baiting weapon.

Not sure I can make it clearer than that!!!!! :wink:
Last edited by markp on Wed 05 Aug 2015 7:19pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
markp
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 12212
Joined: Mon 26 Mar 2007 4:22pm

Re: Joffabouy banning

Postby plugger66 » Wed 05 Aug 2015 7:15pm

st.byron wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Yes but people who don't know Stinger is Saynta and have long memorises may say here goes plugger again. Was arguing with Stinger and now this new guy Saynta. When will plugger learn. And then what happens if saynta becomes painter, then people may say he is arguing again with another poster but in fact its the same guy all the time. Surely you get the issue.

Every poster should know the previous nic of another poster. That is the simple answer.


Okay, now I understand. Thanks.
It seems to me you're concerned about people perceiving you as argumentative in arguing with multiple posters. It could be there's a grain of truth in there. Seems like you have two options. Not worry about it and carry on as is within the rules or be less argumentative.

Re the suggestion that everyone's previous nics should be known, or even listed under their avatar as GO has suggested - my personal opinion about that is that it defeats the purpose of changing nics and wanting to leave an old nic behind. People will constantly be dragging up the old nic. I reckon it would provide more fuel for bickering and arguing.
But if that idea is widely supported then ok. I think common sense (which is of course subjective) and what a majority of posters want should guide the way the forum is structured.



So even though I haven't changed my name and someone has and still carries on the same its up to me to be less argumentative. What is the point this guy even changed his name? As Markp said if its to turn over a new leaf then fine but if it is just to continue arguing the same points with the same people then there is no point and he should be outed for just being the same person. I see no point whatsoever in changing nic and still being the same trouble maker. None at all except to bait under another nic.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 50626
Joined: Mon 26 Feb 2007 8:15pm
Location: oakleigh

Re: Joffabouy banning

Postby st.byron » Wed 05 Aug 2015 7:20pm

plugger66 wrote:So even though I haven't changed my name and someone has and still carries on the same its up to me to be less argumentative. What is the point this guy even changed his name? As Markp said if its to turn over a new leaf then fine but if it is just to continue arguing the same points with the same people then there is no point and he should be outed for just being the same person. I see no point whatsoever in changing nic and still being the same trouble maker. None at all except to bait under another nic.


I take your point and agree with you. Be assured the mods are aware of this issue.
User avatar
st.byron
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 7496
Joined: Tue 14 Jun 2005 7:04pm
Location: Netanya

Re: Joffabouy banning

Postby plugger66 » Wed 05 Aug 2015 7:25pm

st.byron wrote:
plugger66 wrote:So even though I haven't changed my name and someone has and still carries on the same its up to me to be less argumentative. What is the point this guy even changed his name? As Markp said if its to turn over a new leaf then fine but if it is just to continue arguing the same points with the same people then there is no point and he should be outed for just being the same person. I see no point whatsoever in changing nic and still being the same trouble maker. None at all except to bait under another nic.


I take your point and agree with you. Be assured the mods are aware of this issue.



I don't care anymore. Thanks.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 50626
Joined: Mon 26 Feb 2007 8:15pm
Location: oakleigh

Re: Joffabouy banning

Postby HitTheBoundary » Wed 05 Aug 2015 10:14pm

saynta wrote:
HitTheBoundary wrote:Saynta is clearly Stinger.
And Saynta was registered Wed 10 Mar 2004 3:53pm.

So clearly Stinker doesn't mind having an extra nic or two.
Or three.....

I wonder what Harry M thinks of all this.


That is rubbish. Pure fantasy on your part. That registration date was after a forum crash when we all lost our post count and got the same registration date. I was here long before that.

Anyway duel nicks only recently became a breach of the rules. Back them it wasn't an issue. And no, I'm not using duel nicks, but most of the long time members probably did.

I really have read some rubbish in this thread. I don't believe I am arguing with the same posters that stinger did. I don't recall him arguing with plugger except in the AE.

And plugger seems to be the one with the problem, following me around and trying to stir up the s*** in this thread, which isn't the first on this topic.

For the record, your snide remark isn't appreciated Hit the Boundary. I am not now or every was Harry.M, and I don't believe that stinger was either. Anyone thinking along those lines shows a complete lack of intelligence. Not surprising, seeing where the suggestion came from.

I regard the various references to me in this thread as an attempt to bully me and if it continues, I will be reporting the posts to the mods.

#standbystinker
User avatar
HitTheBoundary
Club Player
 
Posts: 1785
Joined: Fri 27 Feb 2009 9:00am
Location: Walkabout

Re: Joffabouy banning

Postby Gordo' Sumner » Fri 07 Aug 2015 10:21pm

joffabouy? no flowering loss there.

ffs, name like that, would have to be one of those flowering softc*** drummers. :roll: :roll: :roll:

think i’m being harsh? then you’ve never had to spend time with flowering phil collins!

genesis savour he reckons........................................................ ffs more like genesis of a softc***! :roll:

nest time you’re catching up on your fave indie band at the espy, you might wonder how to tell if the stage is flowering level.

easy....................... the drummer will be dribbling from both sides of his mouth! :twisted:
Fortitude Fidelity Sayntas.
User avatar
Gordo' Sumner
Club Player
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri 19 Jun 2015 4:58pm
Location: nyc for a spell, things didn't turn out so well, every dive i played, ffs was lucky i got paid !!!

Re: Joffabouy banning

Postby GrumpyOne » Sat 08 Aug 2015 1:05pm

st.byron wrote:Re the suggestion that everyone's previous nics should be known, or even listed under their avatar as GO has suggested - my personal opinion about that is that it defeats the purpose of changing nics and wanting to leave an old nic behind. People will constantly be dragging up the old nic. I reckon it would provide more fuel for bickering and arguing.


I don't see the issue. If you are true to your beliefs and do not exist here merely to troll, that should not be a problem. It is possible to tone down your agro should one be so inclined.

If you are ashamed of what you have posted in the past, own it and move on.
Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
User avatar
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 8163
Joined: Wed 17 Mar 2010 9:25am
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Re: Joffabouy banning

Postby matrix » Mon 10 Aug 2015 9:42am

so in the gordo thread are you actually saying that anyone with an IP addy that is overseas is gonna get looked at more ?

not sure i followed the explanation
User avatar
matrix
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 21460
Joined: Mon 21 May 2007 1:55pm

Re: Joffabouy banning

Postby st.byron » Mon 10 Aug 2015 10:17am

matrix wrote:so in the gordo thread are you actually saying that anyone with an IP addy that is overseas is gonna get looked at more ?

not sure i followed the explanation


I think BFUSA is referring to people who play games by changing their IP address to avoid detection as to who they actually are. Clearly Gordo Sumner and Joffabouy is a long time forum member taking the piss out of two other posters. IMO it's very likely the same person who for some reason has nothing better to do than creating nics designed to deliberately bait. When the mods attempt to identify who it actually is - i.e which known or existing poster it is by checking their IP address, their IP address is one that has never been seen before on SS, so we can't match it to someone known. When that IP address and not the nic is banned, they pop up from another IP address, again new and previously unsighted. Tedious and time consuming for the mods. Someone being a smartarse with IP addresses to get their jollies.
Mods haven't got time for chasing this crap around, so the cleanest option is that when a nic is clearly set up to bait, it will just be banned outright without asking nicely for it to be changed.
I think that's what BFUSA meant.
User avatar
st.byron
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 7496
Joined: Tue 14 Jun 2005 7:04pm
Location: Netanya

Re: Joffabouy banning

Postby matrix » Fri 21 Aug 2015 11:48am

errrr
i know how VPNs work
i myself dont use one

but
yeah whatever
pretty much a wasted thread
you wont stop it and cant stop it

unless you appoint a mod to go around banning new members that look 'suss'

good luck
User avatar
matrix
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 21460
Joined: Mon 21 May 2007 1:55pm

Re: Joffabouy banning

Postby Bunk_Moreland » Wed 26 Aug 2015 2:38pm

underrated thread
You are garbage - Enough said
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member
 
Posts: 3602
Joined: Wed 14 May 2014 7:45pm

PreviousNext

Return to Administration Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest