General Forum

The place to discuss issues with administrators and moderators. Suggestions welcome. All bans will be posted here and the banning appeals process will be held in this forum.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

General Forum

Now that it has been twelve months since it was apparently decided to revert the General Forum back to the populated and useful forum it was, can we actually go ahead and do it?

I've had my fun taking the piss with the countdown and all, but seriously, time to get it done.

Thanks.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Re: General Forum

I must apologise to the entire forum, as I supported a return to the one GF.

Given my track record here, the admin probably decided that if GO supported it, it was obviously not desirable.

Mea Culpa.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:I must apologise to the entire forum, as I supported a return to the one GF.

Given my track record here, the admin probably decided that if GO supported it, it was obviously not desirable.

Mea Culpa.

Id rather Mia Sara.

AeonFlux
Club Player

Re: Gen. Forum, Rodger, Mias Culpa&Sara & BackfromtheUSofbre

plugger66 wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:I must apologise to the entire forum, as I supported a return to the one GF.

Mea Culpa.

Id rather Mia Sara.
I can now reveal that General Forum, Rodger Fox, Mia Culpa & Mia Sara (no relation)
all are Members of the Marions to oppose BackfromtheUSofbregnA (no relation).
(And all of them are grumpy.)

UNITY IS A MUST!!!

ReMembering:
Image Image Image Image

----- Rodger ------- Nymeria ------- BakesFan ----------- Aaron
HarryM wrote: Nope never heard of them :roll:
asiu
Saintsational Legend

Unity U say Aeon
... so , having awoken to the web of untruths 'n double dealing that infests the
leadership of OUR beloved Bregna , U give your self to Unity.
... may u have the strength of Will , to let go the deceits apon our expression
still to be discovered.

Regards
T

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Thanks for the quick response.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SENsei wrote:Thanks for the quick response.

I think the leading mod is away on holidays. We don't get along at all but he cant be expected to be looking on here why he is away.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

nothing to do with the noddies.
Admin.

... seen the big red monika logged in here a # of times
... at the very least he could pay Sen the respect he deserves ,
'n give some sort of (public) recognition to the issue at hand

asiu
Saintsational Legend

or , not at hand
... as is the case 'ere.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SENsei wrote:Thanks for the quick response.

I think the leading mod is away on holidays. We don't get along at all but he cant be expected to be looking on here why he is away.
Well no, I wouldn't expect that. Although I am skeptical that the holiday has been for twelve months! *facetious mode

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

we could just post any new threads in the main forum - if something gets moved then obviously someone is around with the ability to more than fart?

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
matrix
Saintsational Legend

lol

made me laugh

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Look I like a joke as much as the next poster, but seriously, is this for real? Is there actually anyone doing anything for the site?

I have been posting regarding the restructure of the general forum for the better part of the last month and not a reply from any admin whatsoever. FFS, you said 12 months and two weeks ago that it would revert to the old system.

Seriously?

There a long time disenfranchised posters on SS who have made it what it is. Whether they choose to post in the main forum or the general forum is of no consequence. Fix up the mess created by admin on this site as requested, agreed and promised.

This is getting really rude.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

wow you sound like me 12 months ago :shock: 8-)

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:wow you sound like me 12 months ago :shock: 8-)
I am a bit behind the times I must admit. But s*** a brick, enough is surely enough.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Hi Simon,

I see you have logged in. Any chance just a little note could be added by your good self on this topic? At this point, even a "f*** off" would be nice.

Cheers.

Gordo' Sumner
Club Player
Location: nyc for a spell, things didn't turn out so well, every dive i played, ffs was lucky i got paid !!!

SENsei wrote:Hi Simon,

I see you have logged in. Any chance just a little note could be added by your good self on this topic? At this point, even a "f*** off" would be nice.

Cheers.
simon ????

ffs !!! that's not you paul, is it ????

if so, it's a flowering too long time no see. :roll: looking forward to jamming with again soon mate.

Fortitude Fidelity Sayntas.
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Looked into doing it - merging forums - tried to do it - failed. Will try again. Will google for help. I am no tech wiz.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:Looked into doing it - merging forums - tried to do it - failed. Will try again. Will google for help. I am no tech wiz.
Thank you for the belated response. I'm sure there are reasons. Could've said that 392 days ago. I'm sure there are more technically minded people around here to assist.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Obviously no problem moving threads so just move threads and then delete the old empty forums?
Or create one new subforum, move them all into there, call it "failed forum idea- do not repeat"

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:Obviously no problem moving threads so just move threads and then delete the old empty forums?
Or create one new subforum, move them all into there, call it "failed forum idea- do not repeat"
OMG genius!

Why didn't I think of that.

Should be easy.

Let's see.

Just under 1000 threads.

At around 1 minute per thread to move.

That's 1000 minutes.

OK so lets say I can work 50 minutes per hour allowing for tea and toilet breaks.

So that is 20 hours.

Yep - should be done if I avoid sleep in about a day or so.

FIXED!

Bottomline as was the case originally - IF I can do it easily then I have no issue with doing it BUT it is not the be all and end all of my role AND it works as it is AND I am not going to take 20 hours of my time to change it because some people prefer it one way rather than another.

And if anyone has a problem with that ... too bad. It is ahrdly a MASSIVE issue. This is just a forum. The forum is open and operational.

Just repeating again ... the forums work fine ... I don't HAVE to do anything. You prefer it one way. It may not be possible to do it easily. I am not busting a gut to get it changed.

And it is NOT a failed forum idea ... it works. Some people prefer it the old way. If I could easily accommodate their wish I would. If I can't ... BAD LUCK.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

And I shall add - some people like it the way it is right now. If I change it ... they will whinge. I can;'t win.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:
desertsaint wrote:Obviously no problem moving threads so just move threads and then delete the old empty forums?
OMG genius!

Why didn't I think of that.

Should be easy.

Let's see.

Just under 1000 threads.

At around 1 minute per thread to move.

That's 1000 minutes.

OK so lets say I can work 50 minutes per hour allowing for tea and toilet breaks.

So that is 20 hours.

Yep - should be done if I avoid sleep in about a day or so.

FIXED!

Bottomline as was the case originally - IF I can do it easily then I have no issue with doing it BUT it is not the be all and end all of my role AND it works as it is AND I am not going to take 20 hours of my time to change it because some people prefer it one way rather than another.

And if anyone has a problem with that ... too bad. It is ahrdly a MASSIVE issue. This is just a forum. The forum is open and operational.

Just repeating again ... the forums work fine ... I don't HAVE to do anything. You prefer it one way. It may not be possible to do it easily. I am not busting a gut to get it changed.

And it is NOT a failed forum idea ... it works. Some people prefer it the old way. If I could easily accommodate their wish I would. If I can't ... BAD LUCK.
you don't get sarcasm do you?

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:And I shall add - some people like it the way it is right now. If I change it ... they will whinge. I can;'t win.
Simon, this was discussed 12 months ago. You 'put it out to tender' as it were and received overwhelming response to revert the General Forum back to what it was.

YOU stated on 29th June 2014 that you would revert it.

Then crickets. Nothing. No mention of the technical issues. No mention of the alternate points of view. You basically just dropped the ball and now instead of admitting such, you go all teenager on us and act all petulant.

In an adult world, if you say you are going to do something you do it, or you offer up an explanation. In over twelve months, you offered up nothing.

And now, we get YOU whinging. Obviously because we have been taking the piss out of you, and rightfully so. Anyone who puts themselves up as a leader should lead by example, not a big stick.

All you needed to do was say "hey sorry fellas, I forgot all about it and it wasn't high on my priority list". But no, you go the petulant teenager route. Poor choice for a leader.

And you are right, the General Forum itself is not a big deal. Treating the members of these forums as fools is.
Last edited by SENsei on Mon 27 Jul 2015 1:10pm, edited 1 time in total.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Hope you had a relaxing holiday, Simon.

Who likes the sub-forum set up the way it is?