Saintsational is slowly dying.

The place to discuss issues with administrators and moderators. Suggestions welcome. All bans will be posted here and the banning appeals process will be held in this forum.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Re: Saintsational is slowly dying.

Actually, I was thinking that things have really picked up in the General Forum over the last couple of months.

Interesting debates and discussions without the stream of abuse that we all had been previously subject to.

What has changed?

Guess.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

GrumpyOne wrote:Actually, I was thinking that things have really picked up in the General Forum over the last couple of months.

Interesting debates and discussions without the stream of abuse that we all had been previously subject to.

What has changed?

Guess.
I am un-banned?

Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

loris wrote:
Verdun66 wrote:Loris, I sure will be. Not sure yet which days as I am doing a lot of coaching. But to share a red would be very good. Was that the 2005 Ashes we last had a drink together?

I think that was the Test I also caught up with Plugger14. We were quite a pair. Me in my MCC outfit, and Plugger in his sleeveless Saints jumper sharing a couple of beers down at the Nursery End. We had a few words with Shane Warne's brother outside the Ladbrokes Tent. Surreal.
Will PM you my details closer to the date of my coming over. I'm renting a flat in St John's Wood, Abbey Road way just overlooking that famous pedestrian crossing for the period of that match......... Ofcourse I will have to get a photo of myself walking across that zebra crossing, sans shoes, but with my Saints scarf on show!!

Yes it was 2005. Warnie's bro didn't take too kindly to Plugger14 from what I can recall :lol:

Where is Plugger14? Another good poster from many years on this site who vary rarely posts on here these days. Maybe he has just changed his nom de plume :?
Do that Loris...would be good to see you. Plugger14......don't know what happened to him.

Freebird
Club Player

Armoooo wrote:There are 3, maybe 4 posters on here who have driven a lot of people away.

When I was a mod here I had atleast a dozen people ask if we can ban a single poster who hadn't actually broken any rules.

That poster is still active and is continuing to keep people away.

Unfortunate really.

I wonder who that poster is Armoo....definately not BM as he has history of informative input but his nemesis

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
#gosaintas wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
#gosaintas wrote:Plugger makes this site pretty unbearable at times. BM sits over at BF and does the same. Both trying to be the toughest hombres in their sandpit. Sad. BF is now better and broader in knowledge, mostly without the egos that are present here.

Thanks for the support. Im unsure you can be tough typing on the internet though. As you have said that I will completely change my style of posting.
Nobody wants to change your style of posting, you are what you are. You have told us enough times that you have stacks of friends who share your views both at the Boundary and at your local footy. BM states similar tripe. Some post their view and stand back, others post their views and infect all threads until the entire point of the thread is lost.

You are killing this site.

Thanks for your imput. I will take it on board and then take no notice of it. If it came from a post I respect and who posts interesting stuff then I would take notice. And im not killing this site.
Yes you are!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Meh

These 'SS is dying' topics come around every few months.

If there's a poster that really annoys you put him/her on ignore or abuse the F*** out of him/her to get it off your chest once in a while. There's like a 'three strike' banning system which works wonders!

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

I still loves ya Plugga.

People take this site, and life in general, far too seriously.

2 posters who constantly bag our players have already had a go at Plugger in this thread. I lol when I read their posts. This place is a scream.

I've been visiting this site for eight years, plugger66 has been here for about eight years. His posting style hasn't changed in the entire time he has been here, not sure why it is suddenly killing this site. I would think the advent of Facebook and an improved presence from the club on their own site would have much more to do with any dwindling numbers.
I don't get why people get worked up about one poster, he cops way more criticism than he deserves as well as a significant amount of personal abuse. As far as I can see he only ever insults people after they have insulted him.
I don't post all that often, usually because I don't have anything to say, I have many times disagreed with something plugger has posted and said so and it has never, ever gotten personal because I have never been abusive towards him and he has never been abusive towards me. If people stop personally attacking the guy, then threads will stop being taken over.

If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you.
seano1
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:Poor recruitment I blame John Beveridge and the Geelong saboteur John Peake.
We need to have scouts all across the country looking for lunatics,

hasn`t Peake gone back to Geelong.......and was he around there when they were getting their premiership sides together?

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I don't think it's any better or worse. The posters on Big Footy have a sense of superiority over this place but they are just as negative about players. They all jump on Big mart like they did here. It's kind of the grumpy old mens forum over here. BF is a bit more like uni students having a chat while they build up to another w$#@. Only joking guys from BF I love yous all.

seano1
Club Player

discussions on here are pretty good..we all would like to see the side succeed but know it will take time ...players will come and go to get the right fit and to be honest if any of us were better than keypunch jockeys we`d be down the club going through interviews to get a coaching job......a tough gig that doesn`t please everyone...so if we all have a sense of humour and don't take it to seriously this forum will survive.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

People have bullied me on here.

I got rid of all my pictures and stuff cause people had a go, stopped picking players I wanted to send positive vibes to... cause people implied I had groupie mindset.

That didn't stop me posting though....

I'm not a fan of condescending posts, that gets me goat more, and what has made me reluctant....also the negative thread titles and posts bagging players.

I not saying people have to hold hands and love every player, just say it without language like dud, hack, delist.

It's not that hard.

I met plugger66 at the best and fairest last year, he loves his footy, loves his saints. I'm not going to stick up for him cause he is a pain in the rear on here. However I wouldn't go so far as saying he's destroying the site, just put him on your foe list and move on.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

I am being serious.

The way BM is treated in Big Footy is a disgrace. Talk about a boys club.

cwrcyn wrote:Slanging matches between particular posters has not helped. The endless cutting and pasting of others' posts in an attempt to emphasise and antagonise is a part of that. There are some who come on here with what seems to be a determination to be contrarian and antagonistic at all times. None of that helps.
I've been on saintsational for a very long time (well before this version of the site). The slagging matches are what put me off.

Everyone on here seems to be negative nellies about the future. I think our future is bright and we are a much better team than we were last year :)

citywest

As I have said to Simon on many occasions, there is one poster on here that has been deliberately sabotaging this site for over a decade now. He has changed his nic in recent times and stated he wants to turn over a new leaf. What a laugh!!!! Why this person hasn't been IP banned is a mystery to me. I reckon in the early days he knew the mods and that is how he got away with what he did. He is the single reason why a lot of people I know have moved over to BIGFOOTY and in fact why I moved for a couple of years before coming back.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:People have bullied me on here.

I got rid of all my pictures and stuff cause people had a go, stopped picking players I wanted to send positive vibes to... cause people implied I had groupie mindset.

I'm not a fan of condescending posts, that gets me goat more, and what has made me reluctant....also the negative thread titles and posts bagging players.

I not saying people have to hold hands and love every player, just say it without language like dud, hack, delist.

It's not that hard.

I met plugger66 at the best and fairest last year, he loves his footy, loves his saints. I'm not going to stick up for him cause he is a pain in the rear on here. However I wouldn't go so far as saying he's destroying the site, just put him on your foe list and move on.
I like the way you post. Could we possibly meet up at the best and fairest? <edited by mods>

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Having moderated now for a couple of years and been admin for about a year, I have noticed that most (not all) poster conflicts start in the General Forum and then spill over to the fan forum ... Not sure why we even have a general forum because we are meant to be discussing footy ... Anyway it is there ... But any ongoing disputes that spill over have spoilt the tone of this forum.

As for any poster that annoys you ... Foe them!

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:As I have said to Simon on many occasions, there is one poster on here that has been deliberately sabotaging this site for over a decade now. He has changed his nic in recent times and stated he wants to turn over a new leaf. What a laugh!!!! Why this person hasn't been IP banned is a mystery to me. I reckon in the early days he knew the mods and that is how he got away with what he did. He is the single reason why a lot of people I know have moved over to BIGFOOTY and in fact why I moved for a couple of years before coming back.
Helen, this same poster would most likely say the exact same thing about you.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
#gosaintas wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
#gosaintas wrote:Plugger makes this site pretty unbearable at times. BM sits over at BF and does the same. Both trying to be the toughest hombres in their sandpit. Sad. BF is now better and broader in knowledge, mostly without the egos that are present here.

Thanks for the support. Im unsure you can be tough typing on the internet though. As you have said that I will completely change my style of posting.
Nobody wants to change your style of posting, you are what you are. You have told us enough times that you have stacks of friends who share your views both at the Boundary and at your local footy. BM states similar tripe. Some post their view and stand back, others post their views and infect all threads until the entire point of the thread is lost.

Thanks for your imput. I will take it on board and then take no notice of it. If it came from a post I respect and who posts interesting stuff then I would take notice. And im not killing this site.
Yes you are!

I would say no im not but then we would both be acting like 6 year olds.
Last edited by plugger66 on Thu 09 Apr 2015 11:04pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Well lucky for you guys and the forum I'm still here.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
#gosaintas wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Yes you are!

I would say no im not but then we would both be acting like 6 year olds.
You are not six years old. Six year olds are not <edited by mods> . You are!

<warning for abuse>

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
You are not six years old. Six year olds are not <edited by mods>. You are!

Thank you. And I thought you used to like me. Disappointing BS. Another friend I can scrub off my list. And I don't think you quite got my post. Straight over your head.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Have you scrubbed me off your list ? Can I please see your list ?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:Have you scrubbed me off your list ? Can I please see your list ?

No you are still on my list. I still see hope for our friendship because you at least have a sense of humour. Some on here missed that when born. List is to big to post on here but its safe to say I wouldn't have many from SS on my friendship list. Well id have them but they wouldn't have me.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

SainterK wrote:People have bullied me on here.

It's not that hard.

It sounds like you should be warbling to your psychologist instead