Saintsational is slowly dying.

The place to discuss issues with administrators and moderators. Suggestions welcome. All bans will be posted here and the banning appeals process will be held in this forum.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Re: Saintsational is slowly dying.

Postby Enrico_Misso » Thu 09 Apr 2015 11:33pm

BackFromUSA wrote:Having moderated now for a couple of years and been admin for about a year, I have noticed that most (not all) poster conflicts start in the General Forum and then spill over to the fan forum ... Not sure why we even have a general forum because we are meant to be discussing footy ... Anyway it is there ... But any ongoing disputes that spill over have spoilt the tone of this forum.

As for any poster that annoys you ... Foe them!


It is always the same totally self-indulgent F'wits that destroy almost every thread in every forum!
Personally I think their belligerent postings clearly show they actually have some quite serious mental health issues.

"Foeing" and refusing to ever engage them only helps a bit as other posters or protagonists continue to indulge them by quoting them.
Skipping over their requoted posts also only helps a bit.

The real problem is that many many (indeed just about all) interesting threads are side-tracked and reduced to their "look at me" rantings.

Permanent expulsion would be a good and popular solution.
"Understand that you are all custodians of the St Kilda Football Club...you are responsible for making the difficult decisions to make this Club great. Those decisions will not always be popular, for popular decisions are easily made - but those that will truly make us great are those that challenge us most." - Allan Jeans as told to Chris Pelchen 2012.
User avatar
Enrico_Misso
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 9333
Joined: Tue 13 Jun 2006 12:11am
Location: Moorabbin Chapter of The Royal Society of Hagiographers

Re: Saintsational is slowly dying.

Postby The Fireman » Thu 09 Apr 2015 11:39pm

plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:Have you scrubbed me off your list ? Can I please see your list ?



No you are still on my list. I still see hope for our friendship because you at least have a sense of humour. Some on here missed that when born. List is to big to post on here but its safe to say I wouldn't have many from SS on my friendship list. Well id have them but they wouldn't have me.

Actually I didn't realize we were friends so it seems I may have gained one, I'm over the moon, I believe you can't have too many friends...just hope I don't suffer collateral damage.

PS in all seriousness...when this forum started (and I was there) it was all about the Saints..now there is an unhealthy focus on the poster. That is what kills forums. Tougher mods is the only answer.
User avatar
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 6479
Joined: Mon 08 Mar 2004 11:54pm

Re: Saintsational is slowly dying.

Postby SainterK » Thu 09 Apr 2015 11:40pm

The Redeemer wrote:
SainterK wrote:People have bullied me on here.

I got rid of all my pictures and stuff cause people had a go, stopped picking players I wanted to send positive vibes to... cause people implied I had groupie mindset.

That didn't stop me posting though....

I'm not a fan of condescending posts, that gets me goat more, and what has made me reluctant....also the negative thread titles and posts bagging players.

I not saying people have to hold hands and love every player, just say it without language like dud, hack, delist.

It's not that hard.

I met plugger66 at the best and fairest last year, he loves his footy, loves his saints. I'm not going to stick up for him cause he is a pain in the rear on here. However I wouldn't go so far as saying he's destroying the site, just put him on your foe list and move on.


It sounds like you should be warbling to your psychologist instead


Michael Gardiner still your fave?
I've started a blog, just my weird view about the AFL

https://lovingafl.wordpress.com
SainterK
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 21057
Joined: Thu 14 Aug 2008 9:53pm
Location: Melb

Re: Saintsational is slowly dying.

Postby bigred » Fri 10 Apr 2015 12:19am

cwrcyn wrote:Slanging matches between particular posters has not helped. The endless cutting and pasting of others' posts in an attempt to emphasise and antagonise is a part of that. There are some who come on here with what seems to be a determination to be contrarian and antagonistic at all times. None of that helps.


This.

Years of it.
User avatar
bigred
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 9247
Joined: Tue 09 Mar 2004 7:39am

Re: Saintsational is slowly dying.

Postby Austinnn » Fri 10 Apr 2015 2:30am

The Redeemer wrote:
SainterK wrote:People have bullied me on here.

I got rid of all my pictures and stuff cause people had a go, stopped picking players I wanted to send positive vibes to... cause people implied I had groupie mindset.

That didn't stop me posting though....

I'm not a fan of condescending posts, that gets me goat more, and what has made me reluctant....also the negative thread titles and posts bagging players.

I not saying people have to hold hands and love every player, just say it without language like dud, hack, delist.

It's not that hard.

I met plugger66 at the best and fairest last year, he loves his footy, loves his saints. I'm not going to stick up for him cause he is a pain in the rear on here. However I wouldn't go so far as saying he's destroying the site, just put him on your foe list and move on.


It sounds like you should be warbling to your psychologist instead


I liked your pics and predictions. The response from Redeemer is what I'd term a low blow and mark of poor character.

I've recently curbed my involvement with SS, and much prefer BF these days. Folks are right, the standard of convo there is a bit more balanced; this place can be pretty dark, and not in a fashionable teenage goth way, more in a Deliverance way. SS seems to count more open bigots amongst their numbers, I know that I got a bit sick of reading backwards garbage about minorities/our players/our admin here, but on the other hand maybe the exodus includes lots of these bigots who got annoyed with people confronting them on their views, who knows?

I think that the moderation here is a bit weird. If someone says something unacceptable, surely that post should be entirely scrubbed or left alone, but not partially left and then tagged with 'moderated' message.

As far as Plugger66 goes, I agree with a lot of what he says, he often makes me laugh and I reckon he's certainly harmless compared to others, but it's clear that his style and omnipresence is quite annoying for a few posters. But so is Bunk. So is DaveMc. So is WinnersOnly. Stinger. CityWest. Saintspremiers. Cairnsman. The Redeemer. WhiteWinmar. And of course yours truly, with my long winded up-myself rants. and probably a few more that I've missed. All those posters have also posted great stuff, funny stuff, even at times interesting stuff. I think this place would be the poorer for their absence.

The arguing does get annoying, I see less of it on BF. There is an aggression here that BF doesn't have, and Ive been as guilty of that as anyone once or twice. Maybe it's the black background!

By the way if you cared about their POV, this is what the folks at BF have to say about why they don't use SS. You'll notice the majority of reasonable resposes, and consider the style of a hypothetcial reverse appraisal.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/hows-bf-going.1092920/

Whether you agree or not, it might be worth seeing this place through someone else's eyes. After all, if no one likes the way you dress, it doesn't matter how wrong they are, you won't get a job and you won't get laid!
Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
User avatar
Austinnn
Club Player
 
Posts: 1533
Joined: Wed 22 Jun 2011 6:02pm
Location: France

Re: Saintsational is slowly dying.

Postby Con Gorozidis » Fri 10 Apr 2015 5:11am

Love your work Austinn - especially the bit about teenage angst v deliverance.

Serious question. Has the membership function been fixed? There was at least 12 months - maybe longer - when noone could join up.

Maybe Big footy is less aggro on the saints page because it is a broader board so if you are feeling the 'darkness' come on (cue banjos Austinn) you can just go and troll Carlton Supporters instead then drift back to the saints page when you have it out of your system. Who knows.
User avatar
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 21950
Joined: Thu 19 Jun 2008 4:04pm

Re: Saintsational is slowly dying.

Postby LTN16 » Fri 10 Apr 2015 7:57am

citywest wrote:As I have said to Simon on many occasions, there is one poster on here that has been deliberately sabotaging this site for over a decade now. He has changed his nic in recent times and stated he wants to turn over a new leaf. What a laugh!!!! Why this person hasn't been IP banned is a mystery to me. I reckon in the early days he knew the mods and that is how he got away with what he did. He is the single reason why a lot of people I know have moved over to BIGFOOTY and in fact why I moved for a couple of years before coming back.

Your one reason that turns me away from this site..
LTN16
SS Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 2494
Joined: Sun 11 Jun 2006 9:50pm

Re: Saintsational is slowly dying.

Postby Spinner » Fri 10 Apr 2015 8:10am

#gosaintas wrote:
jamesmc wrote:
#gosaintas wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
#gosaintas wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
#gosaintas wrote:Plugger makes this site pretty unbearable at times. BM sits over at BF and does the same. Both trying to be the toughest hombres in their sandpit. Sad. BF is now better and broader in knowledge, mostly without the egos that are present here.



Thanks for the support. Im unsure you can be tough typing on the internet though. As you have said that I will completely change my style of posting.


Nobody wants to change your style of posting, you are what you are. You have told us enough times that you have stacks of friends who share your views both at the Boundary and at your local footy. BM states similar tripe. Some post their view and stand back, others post their views and infect all threads until the entire point of the thread is lost.

You are killing this site.



Thanks for your imput. I will take it on board and then take no notice of it. If it came from a post I respect and who posts interesting stuff then I would take notice. And im not killing this site.


I am certainly not the only one who has an issue with your ego trying to dominate this site. Maybe your world would be a little smoother if you occasionally listened to feedback that wasn't solely given to you by your mates at the bar or the footy club.


+1
Maybe it's time he didn't have an opinion on every topic.



It's not just that he has an opinion on every topic or that he acts like a smug AFL spokesperson, it's the fact that he has to shove that opinion down everybodies throat so far that each thread becomes useless. Saints BF is growing in popularity just to avoid him.



What absolute dribble. So someone is killing the site because they have an opinion that correlates with the AFL? And the forcing is just crap - never seen this. In actual fact P66's posting is the most well balanced on this site. And that is the main reason hippys get annoyed - because of the lack of bias and victim mentality as if there is an agenda against St Kilda from everyone.

Let's be honest - if you did go to BF no one here would notice. So take you own advice and head to that forum and stay there.
User avatar
Spinner
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 7687
Joined: Sat 02 Dec 2006 3:40pm
Location: Victoria

Re: Saintsational is slowly dying.

Postby saint6709 » Fri 10 Apr 2015 8:33am

Enrico_Misso wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:Having moderated now for a couple of years and been admin for about a year, I have noticed that most (not all) poster conflicts start in the General Forum and then spill over to the fan forum ... Not sure why we even have a general forum because we are meant to be discussing footy ... Anyway it is there ... But any ongoing disputes that spill over have spoilt the tone of this forum.

As for any poster that annoys you ... Foe them!


It is always the same totally self-indulgent F'wits that destroy almost every thread in every forum!
Personally I think their belligerent postings clearly show they actually have some quite serious mental health issues.

"Foeing" and refusing to ever engage them only helps a bit as other posters or protagonists continue to indulge them by quoting them.
Skipping over their requoted posts also only helps a bit.

The real problem is that many many (indeed just about all) interesting threads are side-tracked and reduced to their "look at me" rantings.

Permanent expulsion would be a good and popular solution.


So many threads seem to get side tracked which I find incredibly tedious. I moved from Melb to Sydney a few years back and joined the forum to get my saints fix and also to be kept in the loop with news articles etc I might have otherwise missed and to hear from guys like Tony and Gringo who get to trainings etc that I obviously can't make it to -- but there is a lot of muck to wade through to get the above mentioned 'benefits' of the forum
saint6709
Club Player
 
Posts: 996
Joined: Tue 22 Sep 2009 8:23am

Re: Saintsational is slowly dying.

Postby bergholt » Fri 10 Apr 2015 8:42am

The Redeemer wrote:
SainterK wrote:People have bullied me on here.

I got rid of all my pictures and stuff cause people had a go, stopped picking players I wanted to send positive vibes to... cause people implied I had groupie mindset.

That didn't stop me posting though....

I'm not a fan of condescending posts, that gets me goat more, and what has made me reluctant....also the negative thread titles and posts bagging players.

I not saying people have to hold hands and love every player, just say it without language like dud, hack, delist.

It's not that hard.

I met plugger66 at the best and fairest last year, he loves his footy, loves his saints. I'm not going to stick up for him cause he is a pain in the rear on here. However I wouldn't go so far as saying he's destroying the site, just put him on your foe list and move on.


It sounds like you should be warbling to your psychologist instead


An unnecessary and aggressive post that says a lot about you and nothing at all about SainterK. I hope for your sake you're less misogynistic in real life.
bergholt
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 7356
Joined: Wed 11 Aug 2004 9:25am

Re: Saintsational is slowly dying.

Postby matrix » Fri 10 Apr 2015 8:49am

slowly dying
whatever
it was pretty much dead two years ago
bring it into this century for starters and we might be able to make it the best saints site on the net

oh yeah, thats right, the numpty that owns it, but has never put in an opinion or posted here, doestn care....but calls the shots on apparently HIS site
the one everyone else paid for
User avatar
matrix
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 21462
Joined: Mon 21 May 2007 1:55pm

Re: Saintsational is slowly dying.

Postby bergholt » Fri 10 Apr 2015 8:51am

In practice the personality of the forum basically emerges from plugger66 and Bunk_Moreland's posting styles, because they're prolific and post in most threads.

That's fine, but the problem is that neither of them are much good with other people's opinions. plugger66 will argue till the cows come home even though he knows that he's not going to convince anyone else to change their mind. That's pretty annoying and leads to interminable threads with very little actual content. Bunk_Moreland is more aggressive in his style, which many people dislike. Very similar to stinger, who seems to have now departed.

Add the two of them together and it means the forum is a very argumentative and negative place to hang out. Some people like that; most find it unnecessarily rough. And there's really no need for it, both plugger and Bunk have plenty of value to say without the useless replies and comebacks.

Personally, I'm still here. Not sure why. I put a lot of effort into some of my posts. Not sure why on that either. Obviously neither of these guys are going to change so maybe I should go to BF or elsewhere, where my posts will be better received. It's definitely something to think about.
bergholt
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 7356
Joined: Wed 11 Aug 2004 9:25am

Re: Saintsational is slowly dying.

Postby #gosaintas » Fri 10 Apr 2015 8:56am

Spinner wrote:
#gosaintas wrote:
jamesmc wrote:
#gosaintas wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
#gosaintas wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
#gosaintas wrote:Plugger makes this site pretty unbearable at times. BM sits over at BF and does the same. Both trying to be the toughest hombres in their sandpit. Sad. BF is now better and broader in knowledge, mostly without the egos that are present here.



Thanks for the support. Im unsure you can be tough typing on the internet though. As you have said that I will completely change my style of posting.


Nobody wants to change your style of posting, you are what you are. You have told us enough times that you have stacks of friends who share your views both at the Boundary and at your local footy. BM states similar tripe. Some post their view and stand back, others post their views and infect all threads until the entire point of the thread is lost.

You are killing this site.



Thanks for your imput. I will take it on board and then take no notice of it. If it came from a post I respect and who posts interesting stuff then I would take notice. And im not killing this site.


I am certainly not the only one who has an issue with your ego trying to dominate this site. Maybe your world would be a little smoother if you occasionally listened to feedback that wasn't solely given to you by your mates at the bar or the footy club.


+1
Maybe it's time he didn't have an opinion on every topic.



It's not just that he has an opinion on every topic or that he acts like a smug AFL spokesperson, it's the fact that he has to shove that opinion down everybodies throat so far that each thread becomes useless. Saints BF is growing in popularity just to avoid him.



What absolute dribble. So someone is killing the site because they have an opinion that correlates with the AFL? And the forcing is just crap - never seen this. In actual fact P66's posting is the most well balanced on this site. And that is the main reason hippys get annoyed - because of the lack of bias and victim mentality as if there is an agenda against St Kilda from everyone.

Let's be honest - if you did go to BF no one here would notice. So take you own advice and head to that forum and stay there.



Of course no-one would notice if I was here or not. It's an anonymous fan forum after all. If everyone who disagrees with you is told to go to BF then this place will really die. Where have I advised anyone to head over to BF?
The thread is about whether SS is dying and I have expressed a view. You disagree with my view and that's fine...who cares...you're just some nobody too.
#gosaintas
Club Player
 
Posts: 817
Joined: Thu 22 Sep 2011 9:58am

Re: Saintsational is slowly dying.

Postby BackFromUSA » Fri 10 Apr 2015 9:04am

Later today - I shall move this to the admin forum for any discussion that needs to continue.

There has been some interesting feedback and suggestions here that might be discussed amongst the moderators Xmas then suggested to the owner by admin ...
AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2012"
User avatar
BackFromUSA
SS Life Member
 
Posts: 3679
Joined: Tue 09 Mar 2004 12:38am

Re: Saintsational is slowly dying.

Postby BackFromUSA » Fri 10 Apr 2015 9:12am

Con Gorozidis wrote:Love your work Austinn - especially the bit about teenage angst v deliverance.

Serious question. Has the membership function been fixed? There was at least 12 months - maybe longer - when noone could join up.

Maybe Big footy is less aggro on the saints page because it is a broader board so if you are feeling the 'darkness' come on (cue banjos Austinn) you can just go and troll Carlton Supporters instead then drift back to the saints page when you have it out of your system. Who knows.


Yes the membership function has been fixed.

The footy forum is also open for all to read.

You only need to register to become a poster.
AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2012"
User avatar
BackFromUSA
SS Life Member
 
Posts: 3679
Joined: Tue 09 Mar 2004 12:38am

Re: Saintsational is slowly dying.

Postby Bunk_Moreland » Fri 10 Apr 2015 10:19am

BFUSA, you say to use the for button.

Unfortunately anyone who is on the foe list on SS can see any quoted post of the member on Foe.

At BF all references to the ignored poster is deleted.

It works a treat, although it is sometimes a bit confusing when you read a reply from a poster to the ignored poster.

I have BigMart on ignore over there and it is a wonderful place to talk about football without that bloke trolling and baiting every thread.

It also give the troll no oxygen and they wonder off looking for greener pastures to troll.

I know the technology is different at BigFooty but if the Foe or Ignore could be upgraded the complaints about posters would diminish as the trolls would not get oxygen.

it is possible?
You are garbage - Enough said
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member
 
Posts: 3602
Joined: Wed 14 May 2014 7:45pm

Re: Saintsational is slowly dying.

Postby The Redeemer » Fri 10 Apr 2015 10:33am

bergholt wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:
SainterK wrote:People have bullied me on here.

I got rid of all my pictures and stuff cause people had a go, stopped picking players I wanted to send positive vibes to... cause people implied I had groupie mindset.

That didn't stop me posting though....

I'm not a fan of condescending posts, that gets me goat more, and what has made me reluctant....also the negative thread titles and posts bagging players.

I not saying people have to hold hands and love every player, just say it without language like dud, hack, delist.

It's not that hard.

I met plugger66 at the best and fairest last year, he loves his footy, loves his saints. I'm not going to stick up for him cause he is a pain in the rear on here. However I wouldn't go so far as saying he's destroying the site, just put him on your foe list and move on.


It sounds like you should be warbling to your psychologist instead


An unnecessary and aggressive post that says a lot about you and nothing at all about SainterK. I hope for your sake you're less misogynistic in real life.


Because the SainterK post seemed like a confessional, I somehow hate women because of it?
The Redeemer
SS Life Member
 
Posts: 2622
Joined: Thu 29 Sep 2011 9:45pm

Re: Saintsational is slowly dying.

Postby The Redeemer » Fri 10 Apr 2015 10:33am

SainterK wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:
SainterK wrote:People have bullied me on here.

I got rid of all my pictures and stuff cause people had a go, stopped picking players I wanted to send positive vibes to... cause people implied I had groupie mindset.

That didn't stop me posting though....

I'm not a fan of condescending posts, that gets me goat more, and what has made me reluctant....also the negative thread titles and posts bagging players.

I not saying people have to hold hands and love every player, just say it without language like dud, hack, delist.

It's not that hard.

I met plugger66 at the best and fairest last year, he loves his footy, loves his saints. I'm not going to stick up for him cause he is a pain in the rear on here. However I wouldn't go so far as saying he's destroying the site, just put him on your foe list and move on.


It sounds like you should be warbling to your psychologist instead


Michael Gardiner still your fave?


A player that never not played for 4 years...but ok.
The Redeemer
SS Life Member
 
Posts: 2622
Joined: Thu 29 Sep 2011 9:45pm

Re: Saintsational is slowly dying.

Postby bergholt » Fri 10 Apr 2015 11:06am

The Redeemer wrote:
bergholt wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:It sounds like you should be warbling to your psychologist instead


An unnecessary and aggressive post that says a lot about you and nothing at all about SainterK. I hope for your sake you're less misogynistic in real life.


Because the SainterK post seemed like a confessional, I somehow hate women because of it?


You're the only one responsible for the image you portray. If you don't want people to think you're a d**khead, maybe try not being a d**khead.
bergholt
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 7356
Joined: Wed 11 Aug 2004 9:25am

Re: Saintsational is slowly dying.

Postby Junction Oval » Fri 10 Apr 2015 11:23am

Yes, I have noticed it, particularly this year. A couple of observations :

* The side is down = lack of interest and/or not much news.
* The Club's website is now very newsworthy and timely. Lots of people used to look to Saintsational for unpublished news. Watch the readership when Jaxons or Tony 74 post.
* Fewer posters, means fewer topics, which develops into a less interesting site.
* There are fewer jokers and more complainers.
* As more of a reader, than a poster, I often get tired of jumping over the arguing, to get to newer comments and then end up opting out.
* Whilst everyone has an opinion and a right to argue their point, if the Mods tighten up control and limit responses to, say 3 times per topic, it would reduce the arguing - make your point and get on with the next subject.
* Whilst I generally don't have a problem with Plugger 66's comments, his sheer volume and repetitive posts on a subject, means that he dominates the site. I don't think that people come onto the site, just to read one person's point-of-view all the time.
User avatar
Junction Oval
SS Life Member
 
Posts: 2754
Joined: Tue 30 Nov 2010 11:16am

Re: Saintsational is slowly dying.

Postby jonesy » Fri 10 Apr 2015 11:51am

Number of causes, mainly coinciding with us being sh*t. This is the most boring Stkilda list to watch in my time,and couple that with footy in general being at the most boring level in my time,it has filtered through to saintsational.
The passion has gone from our supporter base, so they don't even get angry any more about abhorrent skills,and shocking umpiring. When there is no passion then what's the point of it all
Bring back the Lockett era
User avatar
jonesy
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 4537
Joined: Sun 18 Jun 2006 2:04pm
Location: Melb

Re: Saintsational is slowly dying.

Postby The Redeemer » Fri 10 Apr 2015 11:51am

bergholt wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:
bergholt wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:It sounds like you should be warbling to your psychologist instead


An unnecessary and aggressive post that says a lot about you and nothing at all about SainterK. I hope for your sake you're less misogynistic in real life.


Because the SainterK post seemed like a confessional, I somehow hate women because of it?


You're the only one responsible for the image you portray. If you don't want people to think you're a d**khead, maybe try not being a d**khead.


That does not bother me. I do not know you.

That stated, how is someone a women-hater if they suggest a poster should go to a confessional/psychologist instead of a ramble on here?
The Redeemer
SS Life Member
 
Posts: 2622
Joined: Thu 29 Sep 2011 9:45pm

Re: Saintsational is slowly dying.

Postby SaintPav » Fri 10 Apr 2015 12:29pm

saintspremiers wrote:Just had a squiz at the past 6 months of new posters signing up. There are a few but the number that have made at least 10 posts is only about 10.

My point is that as we gradually lose regular posters (that's reality), we are not getting them replaced by new regulars. The only newbie that posts regularly is IanRush.

Very much like our footy team it seems!



People probably aren't too interested in reading negative comments, ad nauseam, about certain Saints players. The name of a particular forward comes to mind.
User avatar
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 9211
Joined: Wed 16 Jun 2010 9:24pm
Location: Alma Road

Re: Saintsational is slowly dying.

Postby Sainternist » Fri 10 Apr 2015 12:40pm

It seems any thread about the forum just ends up being all about Plugger.

Just so long as Saintsational still has Plugger66, it ain't dying.
The Saints are looking prettay...prettay...prettay...PRETTY GOOD!
User avatar
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 9095
Joined: Thu 11 Mar 2004 12:57am
Location: South of Heaven

Re: Saintsational is slowly dying.

Postby loris » Fri 10 Apr 2015 3:16pm

Austinnn wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:
SainterK wrote:People have bullied me on here.

I got rid of all my pictures and stuff cause people had a go, stopped picking players I wanted to send positive vibes to... cause people implied I had groupie mindset.

That didn't stop me posting though....

I'm not a fan of condescending posts, that gets me goat more, and what has made me reluctant....also the negative thread titles and posts bagging players.

I not saying people have to hold hands and love every player, just say it without language like dud, hack, delist.

It's not that hard.

I met plugger66 at the best and fairest last year, he loves his footy, loves his saints. I'm not going to stick up for him cause he is a pain in the rear on here. However I wouldn't go so far as saying he's destroying the site, just put him on your foe list and move on.


It sounds like you should be warbling to your psychologist instead


I liked your pics and predictions. The response from Redeemer is what I'd term a low blow and mark of poor character.

I've recently curbed my involvement with SS, and much prefer BF these days. Folks are right, the standard of convo there is a bit more balanced; this place can be pretty dark, and not in a fashionable teenage goth way, more in a Deliverance way. SS seems to count more open bigots amongst their numbers, I know that I got a bit sick of reading backwards garbage about minorities/our players/our admin here, but on the other hand maybe the exodus includes lots of these bigots who got annoyed with people confronting them on their views, who knows?

I think that the moderation here is a bit weird. If someone says something unacceptable, surely that post should be entirely scrubbed or left alone, but not partially left and then tagged with 'moderated' message.

As far as Plugger66 goes, I agree with a lot of what he says, he often makes me laugh and I reckon he's certainly harmless compared to others, but it's clear that his style and omnipresence is quite annoying for a few posters. But so is Bunk. So is DaveMc. So is WinnersOnly. Stinger. CityWest. Saintspremiers. Cairnsman. The Redeemer. WhiteWinmar. And of course yours truly, with my long winded up-myself rants. and probably a few more that I've missed. All those posters have also posted great stuff, funny stuff, even at times interesting stuff. I think this place would be the poorer for their absence.

The arguing does get annoying, I see less of it on BF. There is an aggression here that BF doesn't have, and Ive been as guilty of that as anyone once or twice. Maybe it's the black background!

By the way if you cared about their POV, this is what the folks at BF have to say about why they don't use SS. You'll notice the majority of reasonable resposes, and consider the style of a hypothetcial reverse appraisal.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/hows-bf-going.1092920/

Whether you agree or not, it might be worth seeing this place through someone else's eyes. After all, if no one likes the way you dress, it doesn't matter how wrong they are, you won't get a job and you won't get laid!


Interesting thoughtful post Austinnn, which is the norm for you IMHO

Thanks for supplying that link to BF........... some sobering comments to read there about this site. Should be compulsory reading :wink: :wink:

I was pleased to see some old, long term good analytical posters from this site giving their reasons for leaving SS and picking up on BF. It was good to know they are still around. Silly really but I often worry when a long term poster disappears, it concerns me they may be ill or have died............. I know I'm silly being concerned about people I don't know. Although a couple of these posters I had met when they came to Perth to watch the Saints as they came back to where the Western Saints supporters had their watering hole to socialise with us. It's great to know they are still around and supporting the Saints, even though they no longer support SS.

Thanks OP for starting this thread............ there has been some relevant feedback that we all should take on board, IMHO
loris
SS Life Member
 
Posts: 3772
Joined: Tue 22 Jan 2008 5:41pm

PreviousNext

Return to Administration Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest