Saintsational is slowly dying.

The place to discuss issues with administrators and moderators. Suggestions welcome. All bans will be posted here and the banning appeals process will be held in this forum.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saintsational is slowly dying.

bergholt wrote:In practice the personality of the forum basically emerges from plugger66 and Bunk_Moreland's posting styles, because they're prolific and post in most threads.

That's fine, but the problem is that neither of them are much good with other people's opinions. plugger66 will argue till the cows come home even though he knows that he's not going to convince anyone else to change their mind. That's pretty annoying and leads to interminable threads with very little actual content. Bunk_Moreland is more aggressive in his style, which many people dislike. Very similar to stinger, who seems to have now departed.

Add the two of them together and it means the forum is a very argumentative and negative place to hang out. Some people like that; most find it unnecessarily rough. And there's really no need for it, both plugger and Bunk have plenty of value to say without the useless replies and comebacks.

Personally, I'm still here. Not sure why. I put a lot of effort into some of my posts. Not sure why on that either. Obviously neither of these guys are going to change so maybe I should go to BF or elsewhere, where my posts will be better received. It's definitely something to think about.

I like all your posts Bergholt and always read them but im unsure how I can tell you this apart from saying good thread or replying with an opinion. Lets face it no one is going to pat you on the back for a good thread and we don't have a like button so unless someone says like in a post which is pretty much wanker stuff there is no way of telling you we like a thread apart from how many replies you get and you get plenty when you start a thread. And I still don't get the issue of just going through a thread until you see a post you want to read. Its takes about a second or two. Are we all that rushed for time. The only thing I can think of is people who whinge about peoples posting style are actually still reading that post thus it takes more than a second or two.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

bergholt wrote:In practice the personality of the forum basically emerges from plugger66 and Bunk_Moreland's posting styles, because they're prolific and post in most threads.

That's fine, but the problem is that neither of them are much good with other people's opinions. plugger66 will argue till the cows come home even though he knows that he's not going to convince anyone else to change their mind. That's pretty annoying and leads to interminable threads with very little actual content. Bunk_Moreland is more aggressive in his style, which many people dislike. Very similar to stinger, who seems to have now departed.

Add the two of them together and it means the forum is a very argumentative and negative place to hang out. Some people like that; most find it unnecessarily rough. And there's really no need for it, both plugger and Bunk have plenty of value to say without the useless replies and comebacks.

Personally, I'm still here. Not sure why. I put a lot of effort into some of my posts. Not sure why on that either. Obviously neither of these guys are going to change so maybe I should go to BF or elsewhere, where my posts will be better received. It's definitely something to think about.

oh...ffs...bergholt...I am flowering nothing like....stinger...ffs....ffss... :roll: :roll: ...ffs.... :roll: :roll:

You are garbage - Enough said
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Let's cut to the chase.

Plugger66 is the problem.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:Let's cut to the chase.

Plugger66 is the problem.

No im not or you wouldn't still be here. And if its dying why wouldn't it have died 8 years ago or 6 years ago? I haven't changed my style at all. I don't think it takes 8 years to get sick of a poster or if it does then you have some real issues that need to be attended too.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

I personally know 2 other posters that don't post here anymore, and barely even view it anymore - because of you.

Thread after thread, post after post, hijacked and turned into a petty slanging match. Because of you.

It's take a while to realise it, then you get sucked in by it. Then you try to ignore it. Then you realise it's not worth the bother. Tiresome and boring.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

As someone who very rarely ventures onto saintsational anymore, I will give my opinion (For what it's worth).

I honestly believe there are many factors in why this site is slowly dying.

One of the big ones is onfield performance.... Let's be honest when the saints are up and about Football is always in your mind.
It's harder to keep the motivation up during the week. It doesn't mean that anyone loves the club any less or doesn't have the same passion on match days .....just the truth of the matter.

Personally.... life gets in the way. As I get older my priorities have changed and discussing/arguing about football on a website slips down the pecking order. Behind Family, Children, Career, etc.

P66 is the reason this forum is dying ..... why?

Because everyone else is obsessed with him....
He cannot write a post without at least 5 people jumping on it.
There is a part of me that thinks he is actually the life of this site!
He hasn't changed in all the years I have been reading..... I've always said that there are many others that are either old or current posters who do more damage. (one in particular who tried with all his might to push me over the edge)
I find a lot of p66's posts funny as people get sucked into a lot of what he says....... Although Plugger there are times when you can go too far, but seriously EVERYBODY get over it.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
loris
Saintsational Legend

10.57%

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Get over it??

Isn't that why this thread exists? Because people are over it?

You can whine and moan for someone you don't like to get banned, or you can just get over it and stop visiting. Clearly, it's the latter that is happening.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:I personally know 2 other posters that don't post here anymore, and barely even view it anymore - because of you.

Thread after thread, post after post, hijacked and turned into a petty slanging match. Because of you.

It's take a while to realise it, then you get sucked in by it. Then you try to ignore it. Then you realise it's not worth the bother. Tiresome and boring.

I know 20 posters that were going to leave but stayed because I post. See its easy with words. We can make up anything we like. Like I said it makes no sense that the problem with the site is a person who has been here for 8 years. I wouldn't say you are the problem because I usually skip over most of your posts. For a start most aren't even about the saints and the rest are negative. This is a perfect example. Also I find it sad that you would even discuss SS with so called friends. Sounds all made up to me.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Sigh.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Ok time to go the Admin Forum.

I shall summarise suggestions and thoughts for discussion with moderators.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote:As someone who very rarely ventures onto saintsational anymore, I will give my opinion (For what it's worth).

I honestly believe there are many factors in why this site is slowly dying.

One of the big ones is onfield performance.... Let's be honest when the saints are up and about Football is always in your mind.
It's harder to keep the motivation up during the week. It doesn't mean that anyone loves the club any less or doesn't have the same passion on match days .....just the truth of the matter.

Personally.... life gets in the way. As I get older my priorities have changed and discussing/arguing about football on a website slips down the pecking order. Behind Family, Children, Career, etc.

P66 is the reason this forum is dying ..... why?

Because everyone else is obsessed with him....
He cannot write a post without at least 5 people jumping on it.
There is a part of me that thinks he is actually the life of this site!
He hasn't changed in all the years I have been reading..... I've always said that there are many others that are either old or current posters who do more damage. (one in particular who tried with all his might to push me over the edge)
I find a lot of p66's posts funny as people get sucked into a lot of what he says....... Although Plugger there are times when you can go too far, but seriously EVERYBODY get over it.
It's got more to do with Facebook and Twitter than our onfield performance. If anything, we have more to discuss now re player development, how players are going at Sandy, and potential draft picks. Heck, I'd consider watching the Zebs praccy match as 12 Saints are playing. I wouldn't care as much if we were a top team.

Agree a little re p66. You need to fight the fight with him. Too many people take the softcock option of just having a sook and leaving the site. When p66 has been banned, the site almost stops to a halt.

Quite possibly for the long term survival of this forum it needs a total makeover that Simon suggests - the important issue is that history is preserved. We have 11 years of data on here, and even if only 5% is of any value to keep, it's very valuable. Just go searching and it's amazing what you find.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:We have 11 years of data on here, and even if only 5% is of any value to keep, it's very valuable. Just go searching and it's amazing what you find.
I did some research SP and 38.93% of the all data are posts by P66. :D

8856brother wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:We have 11 years of data on here, and even if only 5% is of any value to keep, it's very valuable. Just go searching and it's amazing what you find.

So there is only 61.07% of crap on here. Not bad.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
8856brother wrote:

So there is only 61.07% of crap on here. Not bad.
Geez plugs you are becoming like the real plugger who scored around 50% of our teams score.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

10.20pm

I logged on at 10.20pm and I noticed:

- over 280 people on Saintsational
- over 200 were "guests" - which means they were readers not logged in at all
- 80 were logged in

See what difference a good win makes to this place.

Mood online is jovial too

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: 10.20pm

BackFromUSA wrote:I logged on at 10.20pm and I noticed:

- 80 were logged in

See what difference a good win makes
Exactly

citywest

Even the usual suspects are behaving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
Hey Simon, if I name them will I get a warning??
At least Nexus Nick hasn't logged on yet.

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

BackFromUSA wrote:I logged on at 10.20pm and I noticed:

- 80 were logged in

See what difference a good win makes to this place.

Mood online is jovial too
You're all Muppets :)

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

citywest wrote:Even the usual suspects are behaving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
Hey Simon, if I name them will I get a warning??
At least Nexus Nick hasn't logged on yet.
Who are you kidding, you are the worst troll on tis site.

You must be devastated we won.

You are garbage - Enough said
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Off you go then.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Holly crap. I'm lying on a deck chair in the South China sea and I log into saintsational to read about my beloved saints and I happen upon 5 pages of absolute crap. The posters bagging PLugger, Bunk ,City West,Redeemer and Stinger no better (or worse) than the posters they are bagging.

Don't believe me.? Go read your mean nasty posts again.

You need to get over yourselves and grow a pair.

Whingers, the lot of you.

Maybe you are all contributing to SS's demise. Ever thought of that.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Why go to the Admin forum to read about the Saints?

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:Why go to the Admin forum to read about the Saints?
No room on the main forum- that's for whinging about essendon?

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Another nail in the coffin.