Boring bickering.

The place to discuss issues with administrators and moderators. Suggestions welcome. All bans will be posted here and the banning appeals process will be held in this forum.

Boring bickering.

I am getting thoroughly fed-up with the boring bickering that happens on so many posts on this forum.
It has become impossible to read what may appear to be an interesting topic.

We all know who the culprits are.

I implore the admins to get serious with these people and let the rest of us enjoy the site. A bit of disagreement is fine but what these blokes do (and I'm sure they are blokes) is childish and selfish.

Draw a line in the sand then get serious. Ban them as soon as they start getting offensive and personnel. No 'but he started it' etc. Take a firm stance and get them to change their behaviour or get rid of them. If they don't change and disappear Saintsational will continue without them and will flourish.

Come on admins. You owe it to the vast majority of us on here who enjoy talking footy.

elizabethr

Re: Boring bickering.

Me too, it's not worth coming on here !

nothing to say
elizabethr

nothing to say
elizabethr

nothing to say
elizabethr

nothing to say

Gerswin - you don't post often.
The bickering is part of this forum.
There are other forums.
Check them out

VODM

Whilst the bickering might be part of it and sometimes is a bit of a giggle - it can go too far and reduce some interesting debate to slanging matches.
Some good topics go off on a tangent because of it. I struggle with time and opportunity to get my "Saints Fix" each day and find it a bit much when it constantly happens.

Perhaps we can start another forum called Sh!tfight Forum.

Sad to say that Big footy has less. I go there more these days cos I can't be bothered here. It's a shame but can't be doing with reading idiotic opinions, and SS has more than its fair share.

cwrcyn wrote:Perhaps we can start another forum called Sh!tfight Forum.
this makes sense to me - way too many threads get de railed with the same stuff - or maybe an appropriately titled new thread could be started to carry on the banter each time someone wants to start up - would be good if threads could stick to the topics

SunburySaint

saintspremiers wrote:Gerswin - you don't post often.
The bickering is part of this forum.
There are other forums.
Check them out
Have to agree, I don't post often either, but I don't mind the bickering, it's part of the forum and if you read closely and block out any insults, there can be some interesting points raised.

In relation to the OP, don't you think starting a thread about the bickering, might actually start more bickering?

Not having a go, just curious

Now lives in Geelong...

I find myself watching this site far more than should be normal, I don't post much these days but I find it most entertaining and some of the people here (I suspect) are much closer to the club than they let on, or at least they must lead very interesting lives.

Threads like E Dope etc. have just been amazing to say the least, but although I have travelled the entire 600ish pages on the edge of my seat, many posts I have simply bypassed due to the bickering. I am not fussed, after a while I know who to ignore for a while.

Everyone I have read here (almost atleast) has been well worth reading, or has great ideas generally; the callibre of posters at the moment is significantly better than when I started, it seems.

thanks for a great forum and GO SAINTERS!!! :)

Instead of banning people, only to have them do it again upon return, why don't admin look into what other forums do and just move the bickering/baiting posts into a seperate thread in the other forum which is set up for that sort of rubbish.

If it's taken away, they can continue the random arguments elsewhere and the threads wont be derailed.

Solution is simple really, but SS isn't really regulated anyway so I doubt anyone would have the time or effort to do such a thing.

St Ick wrote:Instead of banning people, only to have them do it again upon return, why don't admin look into what other forums do and just move the bickering/baiting posts into a seperate thread in the other forum which is set up for that sort of rubbish.

If it's taken away, they can continue the random arguments elsewhere and the threads wont be derailed.

Solution is simple really, but SS isn't really regulated anyway so I doubt anyone would have the time or effort to do such a thing.
There is a forum called the Animal Enclosure for exactly that purpose. This morning I've just locked the Chips thread because of the bickering going on. Could have moved it to the AE I suppose.
The fact is that creating a designated forum doesn't remove the bickering and slanging that goes on on the main forum. Threads that start out as worthy reads turn into slanging matches and tit for tat and then come the reported posts. In a recent 30 day period there were more than 50 reported posts, only 25% of which were worthy of issuing a warning.

And your point about SS not being regulated is a worthy one. There are effectively three active mods and we all have lives and stuff to get on with. To be totally honest, as a mod I've reached Apathy Junction when it comes to the bickering and slanging matches.

And I can say for sure that the mods have things they'd much rather be doing than umpiring petty slanging matches and tit for tat feuds. It's tedious, boring and basically a waste of time. Don't mind a bit of it, goes with the territory I reckon, but the serial ongoing feuding and sniping is really just a pain in the butt and for people who are acting voluntarily as mods, it all just gets way too tedious.

I reckon the only real solution would be to be totally hardarse with the rules, but any genuine movement in that direction, as we have seen, brings a lot of protests about the mods being Nazis, having personal agendas and wanting to control what people say.

It's pretty easy to skip over the banter or even just put some posters on ignore.

If you really want over-moderation then BigFooty is your place… posts are moved and deleted so often it's hard to know what is going on sometimes.

bigballs

I'm relatively new on here (16 months old ) and whilst I find some of the bickering, baiting, slanging matches etc.etc on this site entertaining and laughable at times, it does tend to go off topic a little too often. Having said that, I can't stop reading them as I don't want to miss anything!! :lol:

dragit wrote:It's pretty easy to skip over the banter or even just put some posters on ignore.

If you really want over-moderation then BigFooty is your place… posts are moved and deleted so often it's hard to know what is going on sometimes.
yes, but over at BF Topics stay OT.

Also their ignore function is fantastic. Baiters who come on to a forum just to start flame wars are completely ignored including anything quoted.

Sometimes it is hard to follow a thread when others are answering an ignored poster, however it is really gratifying not to read any of their tripe.

Bigfooty's Saints Forum has improved significantly lately and you get informed and courteous (usually) questions and posts from opposition team supporters.

I notice more and more Saintsational posters over there.

Anyways, everyone has a choice, to post or not to post, to read or not to read any forum. SS certainly still has its place, just wish it had the same ignore function that BF has. :D

I like the misery....I like this world!

(Free gift to anyone who knows the movie that quotes from)

Best thing you can do is to set 2 particular posters to "ignore" - changes the forum completely. Use the "friends and foes" setting in your User Control Panel to do so. Not perfect, but makes the forum much more pleasurable to read. I think most people would understand which 2 posters I am talking about.

I have a completely unresearched, unsubstantiated, unfounded theory...
plugger, bunk, con, stinger, bigmart etc- are the same person just different manifestations of dissociative personality

Cyborg

sunsaint wrote:I have a completely unresearched, unsubstantiated, unfounded theory...
plugger, bunk, con, stinger, bigmart etc- are the same person just different manifestations of dissociative personality
you are correct.

Unfortunately I have the rest on ignore, so I never see what I am posting when I am them.

It's not boring.

Old Mate wrote:I like the misery....I like this world!

(Free gift to anyone who knows the movie that quotes from)
The Shining?

sunsaint wrote:I have a completely unresearched, unsubstantiated, unfounded theory...
you are correct.

Unfortunately I have the rest on ignore, so I never see what I am posting when I am them.
Ahhh so you are the humorous one :D