Boring bickering.

The place to discuss issues with administrators and moderators. Suggestions welcome. All bans will be posted here and the banning appeals process will be held in this forum.

Re: Boring bickering.

You're a big head plugger66...

:)

sunsaint wrote:I have a completely unresearched, unsubstantiated, unfounded theory...
plugger, bunk, con, stinger, bigmart etc- are the same person just different manifestations of dissociative personality
Interesting theory. You could be onto something there.

SainterK wrote:You're a big head plugger66...

Well you have met me so you would know. It is a rather big head though.

The Craw wrote:And here I was thinking that someone had discovered that unknown gun international footy player from Estonia and finally started a thread about him.
Borat Bickering

Gershwin wrote:I am getting thoroughly fed-up with the boring bickering that happens on so many posts on this forum.
It has become impossible to read what may appear to be an interesting topic.

We all know who the culprits are.

I implore the admins to get serious with these people and let the rest of us enjoy the site. A bit of disagreement is fine but what these blokes do (and I'm sure they are blokes) is childish and selfish.

Draw a line in the sand then get serious. Ban them as soon as they start getting offensive and personnel. No 'but he started it' etc. Take a firm stance and get them to change their behaviour or get rid of them. If they don't change and disappear Saintsational will continue without them and will flourish.

Come on admins. You owe it to the vast majority of us on here who enjoy talking footy.

hey...mods...we don't need crap threads like this started on the footy forum....transfer it to the animal pen ffs....quickly...this guy is no better than those he is bucketing... :roll: :roll:

sunsaint wrote:I have a completely unresearched, unsubstantiated, unfounded theory...
plugger, bunk, con, stinger, bigmart etc- are the same person just different manifestations of dissociative personality

eh?......get stuffed ....

....what a heap of codswallop....ffs..... :wink: :wink:

why do we have to put up with slanderous crap like that....baiting and insulting...you should be reported...

you are correct.

Unfortunately I have the rest on ignore, so I never see what I am posting when I am them.

yeah me too....never see what you post...con i like....plugga...well....less said the better... :wink: :wink:

you are correct.

Unfortunately I have the rest on ignore, so I never see what I am posting when I am them.

yeah me too....never see what you post...con i like....plugga...well....less said the better... :wink: :wink:
For a person who wants the thread moved you have plenty to say. Weird.

skeptic wrote:The thing is, most forumites at least have some redeeming features and are genuinely focused on posting football/saints first. That being said, there is a particular poster that is primarily interested baiting and arguing. They derail topic after and you cant ignore it because it destroys the thread. You get rid of that forumite and the place is better

you have had your moments too.......as have most of us.... :roll:

Sainternist wrote:I'm bored with people continually complaining about it. Why even give them the attention they're seeking?

spot on mate.... :wink:

this thread should have been canned assoon as it was posted...just designed to stir s*** up.... :wink: :wink:

It's pretty harmless and there's some quite witty creativity going on.....why stop it? No-one's really insulting anyone else, except for one post suggesting P66 should be eliminated....and he doesn't seem to be offended.

stinger wrote:this thread should have been canned assoon as it was posted...just designed to stir s*** up.... :wink: :wink:
The king of irony strikes again.

skeptic wrote:The thing is, most forumites at least have some redeeming features and are genuinely focused on posting football/saints first. That being said, there is a particular poster that is primarily interested baiting and arguing. They derail topic after and you cant ignore it because it destroys the thread. You get rid of that forumite and the place is better

So I am wrecking the forum? Wow if one person has that much control over people that they cant ignore them then I think they are the ones that have issues. Anyway the way I see it is the bickering and banter even if off topic is a bit of fun. People take this place far to seriously. It takes either 5 seconds to skip over the crap or just put people on ignore. And without being a bighead I reckon getting rid of me may make a few people happy but it wont make the place a better place. Like I said people take things far to seriously. Lighten up and enjoy your lives.

Now Skeptic I suggest we have a beer one day and you will see the real me and I assure you that you will like me.
I'm sure you're a wonderful person plugger, I really am. I think you're probably a pretty smart person and i bet ur a funny guy too. As a forumite you annoy the heck out of me.

Like many have suggested though, the right thing to do is get over this and let it go. Wont bring it up again

The only reason people bicker on this forum is boredom !
There is nothing really happening with the club at the moment , yet lots of people spend lots of time each day on this website , so why not carry on about some trivial bulls chit to help pass the time .
The last thing most of us would want to do is something worthwhile !

excuse me now as go and look at some kadashian bot bot !

A. Its a forum on the internet.
B. Use the ignore function.
C. Don't bother coming here.
D. Start dribbling s*** yourself.

HitTheBoundary wrote:
stinger wrote:this thread should have been canned assoon as it was posted...just designed to stir s*** up.... :wink: :wink:
The king of irony strikes again.

i'd rather not say what you are king of ............. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

SainterK wrote:You're a big head plugger66...

Well you have met me so you would know. It is a rather big head though.
I have now, you were nothing like I imagined...

plugger66 wrote:... and you will see the real me and I assure you that you will like me.
Just coz we don't always agree with you Pluggs, doesn't equate to disliking you. :wink:

Besides, this 'boring bickering' has reached its third page, so I'd call that a successful thread. :D

|Andy|

mr six o'clock wrote:The only reason people bicker on this forum is boredom !
There is nothing really happening with the club at the moment , yet lots of people spend lots of time each day on this website , so why not carry on about some trivial bulls chit to help pass the time .

Unfortunately it's because of this bickering and constant trolling that drives away people. Thus there are less people to make comments and everyone gets more bored easily. You can see that I've been on this forum for 7 years, and that was only when I made an account. And you can also see that I have posted, once upon a time. Unfortunately because threads just tend to get clogged up, off topic and descend into childish name calling I don't feel that it's worth adding anything of substance. Furthermore, it's easy to say one should just skip over the bickering and continue reading but it's not as easy as that. Often when the bickering starts, the quality of thread and comments nosedive and there's no point reading on. When everything new thread that pops up gets derailed, this not only reduces the number of people to contribute to the thread but it also makes for unpleasant reading. This leads to inactivity and ultimately more boredom. And this thread proves that there are people reading, there are people who would contribute but don't because of what I've already talked about. If it improves, it'll give more people reason to contribute and not just lurk on the site.

This forum used to be where I got all my news. And I've known about BigFooty since I first started lurking on forums. However very recently BigFooty has become the forum that I first look at for news, before coming to this forum. And before too long I wouldn't be surprised if I stopped coming on this forum completely, unless these people can learn to have a civilised discussion without resorting to personal insults and name calling. Either these culprits need to take heed and realise the detriment they have on this forum and try to be more constructive and less abusive, or the admins need to do a more vigilant job. Whether that means getting more moderators or being on this forum more. So many times I've read threads and can just tell when the topic is going to spiral down yet no-one does anything about it.

So if it continues, unfortunately the forum will lose another 7 year member due to its inactivity and lack of initiative.

|Andy| wrote:
mr six o'clock wrote:The only reason people bicker on this forum is boredom !

Unfortunately it's because of this bickering and constant trolling that drives away people. Thus there are less people to make comments and everyone gets more bored easily. You can see that I've been on this forum for 7 years, and that was only when I made an account. And you can also see that I have posted, once upon a time. Unfortunately because threads just tend to get clogged up, off topic and descend into childish name calling I don't feel that it's worth adding anything of substance. Furthermore, it's easy to say one should just skip over the bickering and continue reading but it's not as easy as that. Often when the bickering starts, the quality of thread and comments nosedive and there's no point reading on. When everything new thread that pops up gets derailed, this not only reduces the number of people to contribute to the thread but it also makes for unpleasant reading. This leads to inactivity and ultimately more boredom. And this thread proves that there are people reading, there are people who would contribute but don't because of what I've already talked about. If it improves, it'll give more people reason to contribute and not just lurk on the site.

This forum used to be where I got all my news. And I've known about BigFooty since I first started lurking on forums. However very recently BigFooty has become the forum that I first look at for news, before coming to this forum. And before too long I wouldn't be surprised if I stopped coming on this forum completely, unless these people can learn to have a civilised discussion without resorting to personal insults and name calling. Either these culprits need to take heed and realise the detriment they have on this forum and try to be more constructive and less abusive, or the admins need to do a more vigilant job. Whether that means getting more moderators or being on this forum more. So many times I've read threads and can just tell when the topic is going to spiral down yet no-one does anything about it.

So if it continues, unfortunately the forum will lose another 7 year member due to its inactivity and lack of initiative.
Noted and agree 100%.

The issue is that there are posts added 24 hours a day and hundreds per day. As volunteer moderators we can't read every new post as it is posted and the bickering and name calling often takes off and finishes even before we log on!

If it was reported then at least we would find and assess it as soon as we logged on rather than during our casual reading time!

Using the report function would make our job easier.

At least we can find the conflict - assess it and either move it to Animal Enclosure by splitting it off and / or issuing warnings.

To be honest I didn't really notice any harsh bickering during my recent casual reads so I am assuming another mod cleaned it up before I read it or I just didnt read those threads.

Will try to read more and split bickering off more.

Then again some posts Rs could perhaps tone it down too.

Simon

plugger66 wrote:... and you will see the real me and I assure you that you will like me.
Just coz we don't always agree with you Pluggs, doesn't equate to disliking you. :wink:

Besides, this 'boring bickering' has reached its third page, so I'd call that a successful thread. :D

Dave that quote was to one person.

st.byron wrote:It's pretty harmless and there's some quite witty creativity going on.....why stop it? No-one's really insulting anyone else, except for one post suggesting P66 should be eliminated....and he doesn't seem to be offended.

what's with this we dave.....????

anyway.......bfusa is correct....pretty harmless stuff these days....

BackFromUSA wrote:
|Andy| wrote:Thus there are less people to make comments and everyone gets more bored easily… So if it continues, unfortunately the forum will lose another 7 year member due to its inactivity and lack of initiative.
If it was reported then at least we would find and assess it as soon as we logged on rather than during our casual reading time!

At least we can find the conflict - assess it and either move it to Animal Enclosure by splitting it off and / or issuing warnings.
Pretty common practice for people to threaten leaving… I've had a go myself :D

What do the stats say though?

Are we seeing less traffic and posts over time?

I guess as you say, the sooner people report stuff that they feel is off topic or baiting, the faster you guys can move it or issue warnings.

Overall I think things have been pretty stable and enjoyable on here lately, things were much worse before you got involved Simon - so well done.

BackFromUSA wrote:
|Andy| wrote:Thus there are less people to make comments and everyone gets more bored easily… So if it continues, unfortunately the forum will lose another 7 year member due to its inactivity and lack of initiative.

Pretty common practice for people to threaten leaving… I've had a go myself :D

What do the stats say though?

Are we seeing less traffic and posts over time?

I guess as you say, the sooner people report stuff that they feel is off topic or baiting, the faster you guys can move it or issue warnings.

Overall I think things have been pretty stable and enjoyable on here lately, things were much worse before you got involved Simon - so well done.

i agree with dragit....... :D :D