Public apology to Cairnsman

The place to discuss issues with administrators and moderators. Suggestions welcome. All bans will be posted here and the banning appeals process will be held in this forum.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Re: Public apology to Cairnsman

BakesFan wrote:Gotta say I agree with Grumps here..... I don't know how many mods we have on here (I'm too lazy to look it up)...but I do believe the Mods should be anonymous....eg: 'Mod 1', 'Mod 2', 'Mod 3'...... they should be allowed to post their own opinions under their 'everyday' nics without it being linked to their moderator duties.
Plus one.

Is there a reason for 'why not' that we are missing?

I do remember that one of our Mods was originally unaware of the 'green colour change' re their nick.

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
matrix
Saintsational Legend

+2

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:
BakesFan wrote:Gotta say I agree with Grumps here..... I don't know how many mods we have on here (I'm too lazy to look it up)...but I do believe the Mods should be anonymous....eg: 'Mod 1', 'Mod 2', 'Mod 3'...... they should be allowed to post their own opinions under their 'everyday' nics without it being linked to their moderator duties.
Plus one.

I do remember that one of our Mods was originally unaware of the 'green colour change' re their nick.

Interesting idea. I must say that often I don't post stuff I want to for the sake of neutrality. Am not opposed to the idea. I think though that P66 is right. It's pretty much a no win situation being a mod. Like being an umpire really. There's always going to be someone pissed off with you.

loris
Saintsational Legend

Why or why doesn't SainterK get an apology for being called a liar by cairnsman...... when it was shown by 2 mods she hadn't lied and deleted her post as cairnsman had accused her of doing?

SainterK rightfully had the courage to call him out on that. Bunk_Moreland and I correctly called him out on it in the thread a little later.

IMHO this situation would not have spiralled so had the accuser had it in him to simply admit he was wrong.

Plenty of other posters have pubically admitted they were wrong over issues when they have over stepped the line with personal attacks .................. usually then we all say - that's good he/she apologised - so let's now forget about it.

And SainterK shows class in all this mess. She denied the accusation. Then let the matter rest. SainterK is all class IMHO.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Too true Loris.

Maybe we should all vote on whether Cairnsman should apologise or not. :roll:

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

lol

still waiting

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

st.byron wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:
Plus one.

Interesting idea. I must say that often I don't post stuff I want to for the sake of neutrality. Am not opposed to the idea. I think though that P66 is right. It's pretty much a no win situation being a mod. Like being an umpire really. There's always going to be someone pissed off with you.
Indeed there is, but with my suggestion a mod does not have to curtail what he wants to say under his own nick, as Byron has experienced above.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

GrumpyOne wrote:
st.byron wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:
Plus one.

Indeed there is, but with my suggestion a mod does not have to curtail what he wants to say under his own nick, as Byron has experienced above.
Surely that's settled then.

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

<Edited: don't know all of the facts>

No Contract, No Contact :shock: