Public apology to Cairnsman

The place to discuss issues with administrators and moderators. Suggestions welcome. All bans will be posted here and the banning appeals process will be held in this forum.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Public apology to Cairnsman

Postby kosifantutti » Sun 07 Sep 2014 11:37pm

It has been brought to my attention that I have belittled Cairnsman in the thread about Terry Milera returning to SA.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=86921
I would like to unreservedly apologize to Cairnsman for the remarks I made. To put this in context I will extract some quotes from the thread in question.
borderbarry wrote:Does not help reduce the age of our list. I am disappointed he is going. We are not having a good run with our indigenous players recently.

Con Gorozidis wrote:Not sure id narrow it down to indigenous... Id just say we haven't had a good run with our players/recruitment recently full stop.

Cairnsman wrote:
Yeah I'm not sure what indigenous has got to do with it. That is a very strange comment by Sainter K. Maybe she could elaborate.

Elaboration on her constant backhanders towards Pelchen would also be helpful. Just hard to understand as the comments are cryptic and lacking detail.

Cairnsman wrote:
So Sainter K you said the club doesn't have a good track record with indigenous players, what did you mean by that?

SainterK wrote:Beg your pardon Cairnsman, I said no such thing

Cairnsman wrote:Pretty certain there was a post by you, one or two before Con's first post that is also is a direct response to you claiming the club doesn't have a good track record with indigenous players. Why did you delete it?

SainterK wrote:
Well you should be certain, not "pretty" certain when you claim I'd say such a thing.

I deleted nothing.

I said no such thing.

Cairnsman wrote:
Then I'm certain and you are liar...who would have ever thought!

st.byron wrote:There have been no posts deleted from this thread since it was started. There was a mod edit, but nothing deleted.

Cairnsman wrote:

Con's first post in this thread was in direct response to a post made by Sainter K. A post that no longer exists. My question is this, just because you can't explain where that post went, does it mean it never existed?

kosifantutti wrote:So we know you can't do Maths and now your Comprehension skills are on display for all to see. Borderbarry made the comment you are referring to and it is and always has been the fourth post in this thread.

My comments were way out of line, and again I apologise unreservedly to Cairnsman. I hope I have not caused him or his family any distress.
Join the Saintsational Fantasy Premier League
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=93727
User avatar
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 4977
Joined: Fri 21 Jan 2005 9:06am
Location: Back in town

Re: Public apology to Cairnsman

Postby Cairnsman » Mon 08 Sep 2014 7:53am

Not accepted. You breached the rules and should be given a warning.
Image
User avatar
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 6142
Joined: Thu 16 Jun 2005 10:38pm
Location: Everywhere

Re: Public apology to Cairnsman

Postby kosifantutti » Mon 08 Sep 2014 8:03am

Where did I say I would apologise in lieu of a warning? The post was reported, and deemed not worthy of a warning by the other mods. A review was requested and is still being looked at by the other mods.

If you choose not to accept my heartfelt apology, I'm sure I can come to terms with that.
Join the Saintsational Fantasy Premier League
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=93727
User avatar
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 4977
Joined: Fri 21 Jan 2005 9:06am
Location: Back in town

Re: Public apology to Cairnsman

Postby plugger66 » Mon 08 Sep 2014 8:26am

I hope this is sarcasm at its best because i wouldnt apologise to CM. I know who needs to apologise to SainterK though. CM come on and do the right thing. You made about 3 incorrect comments.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 50626
Joined: Mon 26 Feb 2007 8:15pm
Location: oakleigh

Re: Public apology to Cairnsman

Postby perfectionist » Mon 08 Sep 2014 8:54am

plugger66 wrote:I hope this is sarcasm at its best because I wouldn't apologise to CM. I know who needs to apologise to SainterK though...

Agree.
User avatar
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 7042
Joined: Mon 30 Jul 2007 3:06pm

Re: Public apology to Cairnsman

Postby 8856brother » Mon 08 Sep 2014 9:57am

perfectionist wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I hope this is sarcasm at its best because I wouldn't apologise to CM. I know who needs to apologise to SainterK though...

Agree.

Concur.
_______________________________________________________________________
"Don't argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
User avatar
8856brother
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 4347
Joined: Wed 14 Sep 2011 2:58pm
Location: Twin Peaks

Re: Public apology to Cairnsman

Postby st.byron » Mon 08 Sep 2014 10:26am

kosifantutti wrote:Where did I say I would apologise in lieu of a warning? The post was reported, and deemed not worthy of a warning by the other mods. A review was requested and is still being looked at by the other mods.

If you choose not to accept my heartfelt apology, I'm sure I can come to terms with that.


The review of the reported post is complete and no warnings will be issued.
User avatar
st.byron
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 7542
Joined: Tue 14 Jun 2005 7:04pm
Location: Mullum

Re: Public apology to Cairnsman

Postby matrix » Mon 08 Sep 2014 10:53am

because you criticized his maths and comp skills?????

are you friggin serious?????

that has to be the softest comment i have ever heard and the most pathetic reason for an apology ever

good friggin lord :roll:
User avatar
matrix
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 21462
Joined: Mon 21 May 2007 1:55pm

Re: Public apology to Cairnsman

Postby Cairnsman » Mon 08 Sep 2014 11:09am

plugger66 wrote:I hope this is sarcasm at its best because i wouldnt apologise to CM. I know who needs to apologise to SainterK though. CM come on and do the right thing. You made about 3 incorrect comments.


BFUSA has accused me of calling SainterK a racist in that post. I have asked him to point out where I called her a racist.

BTW I note that you call people liars on a regular basis. Irrespective of whether you are right or wrong should you be given a warning for doing such a thing as was suggested by the mods.
Image
User avatar
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 6142
Joined: Thu 16 Jun 2005 10:38pm
Location: Everywhere

Re: Public apology to Cairnsman

Postby kosifantutti » Mon 08 Sep 2014 11:40am

matrix wrote:because you criticized his maths and comp skills?????

are you friggin serious?????

that has to be the softest comment i have ever heard and the most pathetic reason for an apology ever

good friggin lord :roll:

Obviously someone felt very strongly about the comments I made. I was reported for the comments, and when no warning was issued, a request was made to review the decision.

I can't tell you how relieved I was when no warning was issued, although someone may ask for it to be assessed for a third time.
Join the Saintsational Fantasy Premier League
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=93727
User avatar
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 4977
Joined: Fri 21 Jan 2005 9:06am
Location: Back in town

Re: Public apology to Cairnsman

Postby stinger » Mon 08 Sep 2014 11:53am

kosifantutti wrote:
matrix wrote:because you criticized his maths and comp skills?????

are you friggin serious?????

that has to be the softest comment i have ever heard and the most pathetic reason for an apology ever

good friggin lord :roll:

Obviously someone felt very strongly about the comments I made. I was reported for the comments, and when no warning was issued, a request was made to review the decision.

I can't tell you how relieved I was when no warning was issued, although someone may ask for it to be assessed for a third time.


:wink:
.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
User avatar
stinger
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 38126
Joined: Tue 09 Mar 2004 9:06pm
Location: Australia.

Re: Public apology to Cairnsman

Postby SENsei » Mon 08 Sep 2014 1:08pm

FFS! Is this a serious issue? Goodness gracious me, what is the common denominator here? Moronic. Stupidity reigns.
Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
User avatar
SENsei
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 7126
Joined: Mon 05 Jun 2006 8:25pm

Re: Public apology to Cairnsman

Postby st.byron » Mon 08 Sep 2014 2:43pm

SENsaintsational wrote:FFS! Is this a serious issue? Goodness gracious me, what is the common denominator here? Moronic. Stupidity reigns.


Mods are duty bound to deal with and assess all reports whatever they are.......
User avatar
st.byron
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 7542
Joined: Tue 14 Jun 2005 7:04pm
Location: Mullum

Re: Public apology to Cairnsman

Postby plugger66 » Mon 08 Sep 2014 4:21pm

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I hope this is sarcasm at its best because i wouldnt apologise to CM. I know who needs to apologise to SainterK though. CM come on and do the right thing. You made about 3 incorrect comments.


BFUSA has accused me of calling SainterK a racist in that post. I have asked him to point out where I called her a racist.

BTW I note that you call people liars on a regular basis. Irrespective of whether you are right or wrong should you be given a warning for doing such a thing as was suggested by the mods.



If some delibrately lies I will tell them they are liars. Not sure you can get a warning for the truth.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 50626
Joined: Mon 26 Feb 2007 8:15pm
Location: oakleigh

Re: Public apology to Cairnsman

Postby SENsei » Mon 08 Sep 2014 4:45pm

st.byron wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:FFS! Is this a serious issue? Goodness gracious me, what is the common denominator here? Moronic. Stupidity reigns.


Mods are duty bound to deal with and assess all reports whatever they are.......


I feel sorry for you!! :shock:
Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
User avatar
SENsei
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 7126
Joined: Mon 05 Jun 2006 8:25pm

Re: Public apology to Cairnsman

Postby SENsei » Mon 08 Sep 2014 4:51pm

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I hope this is sarcasm at its best because i wouldnt apologise to CM. I know who needs to apologise to SainterK though. CM come on and do the right thing. You made about 3 incorrect comments.


BFUSA has accused me of calling SainterK a racist in that post. I have asked him to point out where I called her a racist.

BTW I note that you call people liars on a regular basis. Irrespective of whether you are right or wrong should you be given a warning for doing such a thing as was suggested by the mods.



If some delibrately lies I will tell them they are liars. Not sure you can get a warning for the truth.


I warn you now that you are telling the truth.
Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
User avatar
SENsei
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 7126
Joined: Mon 05 Jun 2006 8:25pm

Re: Public apology to Cairnsman

Postby GrumpyOne » Mon 08 Sep 2014 5:24pm

This whole thread just goes to show that Mods should just mod and not put their own personal bias' in comments.
Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
User avatar
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 8163
Joined: Wed 17 Mar 2010 9:25am
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Re: Public apology to Cairnsman

Postby plugger66 » Mon 08 Sep 2014 5:35pm

GrumpyOne wrote:This whole thread just goes to show that Mods should just mod and not put their own personal bias' in comments.



Or its a way of showing how stupid some of the reported posts are. Dont mind the idea at all. If i was a mod and getting stupid reports i would certainly be doing similar. By the way why cant a mod have a bit of sarcasm occasionally.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 50626
Joined: Mon 26 Feb 2007 8:15pm
Location: oakleigh

Re: Public apology to Cairnsman

Postby SENsei » Mon 08 Sep 2014 6:00pm

GrumpyOne wrote:This whole thread just goes to show that Mods should just mod and not put their own personal bias' in comments.


Only when Modding. Otherwise, they should be free to converse as a normal poster with their own points of view, etc.
Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
User avatar
SENsei
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 7126
Joined: Mon 05 Jun 2006 8:25pm

Re: Public apology to Cairnsman

Postby GrumpyOne » Mon 08 Sep 2014 7:13pm

SENsaintsational wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:This whole thread just goes to show that Mods should just mod and not put their own personal bias' in comments.


Only when Modding. Otherwise, they should be free to converse as a normal poster with their own points of view, etc.


The whole issue would not have come up if Mods would moderate under a single nic, such as "Moderator".

Many times this has been suggested..... but pearls before swine. :roll:
Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
User avatar
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 8163
Joined: Wed 17 Mar 2010 9:25am
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Re: Public apology to Cairnsman

Postby plugger66 » Mon 08 Sep 2014 7:18pm

GrumpyOne wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:This whole thread just goes to show that Mods should just mod and not put their own personal bias' in comments.


Only when Modding. Otherwise, they should be free to converse as a normal poster with their own points of view, etc.


The whole issue would not have come up if Mods would moderate under a single nic, such as "Moderator".

Many times this has been suggested..... but pearls before swine. :roll:



But the person wrote it as Kosi and not a mod. Are you saying a mod cant write things on here under his real nic?
plugger66
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 50626
Joined: Mon 26 Feb 2007 8:15pm
Location: oakleigh

Re: Public apology to Cairnsman

Postby BakesFan » Mon 08 Sep 2014 8:05pm

Gotta say I agree with Grumps here..... I don't know how many mods we have on here (I'm too lazy to look it up)...but I do believe the Mods should be anonymous....eg: 'Mod 1', 'Mod 2', 'Mod 3'...... they should be allowed to post their own opinions under their 'everyday' nics without it being linked to their moderator duties.
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
Image
User avatar
BakesFan
SS Life Member
 
Posts: 3721
Joined: Wed 14 Apr 2004 9:55am
Location: in the G1

Re: Public apology to Cairnsman

Postby plugger66 » Mon 08 Sep 2014 8:25pm

BakesFan wrote:Gotta say I agree with Grumps here..... I don't know how many mods we have on here (I'm too lazy to look it up)...but I do believe the Mods should be anonymous....eg: 'Mod 1', 'Mod 2', 'Mod 3'...... they should be allowed to post their own opinions under their 'everyday' nics without it being linked to their moderator duties.



Why though? What is the exact issue if we know who they are? I would have a guess if they moderated as you suggested then may would complain they are hiding behind the name of mod 1 and so on. My guess is they cant win. For gods sake its only a footy forum not a forum that maystart world piece.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 50626
Joined: Mon 26 Feb 2007 8:15pm
Location: oakleigh

Re: Public apology to Cairnsman

Postby asiu » Mon 08 Sep 2014 8:34pm

BakesFan wrote:Gotta say I agree with Grumps here..... I don't know how many mods we have on here (I'm too lazy to look it up)...but I do believe the Mods should be anonymous....eg: 'Mod 1', 'Mod 2', 'Mod 3'...... they should be allowed to post their own opinions under their 'everyday' nics without it being linked to their moderator duties.


Not without someone watching the watchers.

Integrity is a rare beast.


even rarer around these parts as the both the past n recent history clearly fuckn shows.
Image
.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.
asiu
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 4794
Joined: Thu 08 Apr 2010 8:11pm

Re: Public apology to Cairnsman

Postby asiu » Mon 08 Sep 2014 8:45pm

'n good to see u back Bakes.
... i was payn honour to the 'one out all out' principle in your name.

told ya we'd come last.
:)
Image
.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.
asiu
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 4794
Joined: Thu 08 Apr 2010 8:11pm

Next

Return to Administration Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest