Nic discussion - moved from Longer and Hickey thread

The place to discuss issues with administrators and moderators. Suggestions welcome. All bans will be posted here and the banning appeals process will be held in this forum.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Re: Nic discussion - moved from Longer and Hickey thread

matrix wrote:oh no BM isnt someone with another username thats posted here for years at all is it?
but runs to the mods over one tiny word that is classed as baiting or an insult?
seriously?

child like behavior
IMO
and seeing as its my opinion its within forum rules
thinking someones username is a prev member or someone with another username on the site is NOT breaking forum rules
an opinion without abuse seems to be not in rules 101
Hey Matrix. My personal opinion is also that it's not an issue. It wouldn't be for me.
However.....if someone specifically asks others not to call them a certain name - and asks them plenty of times clearly and politely - why is it so difficult for others to just respect that request, whatever that posters reasons are?
A few people getting their knickers in a knot about this. Put yourself in that poster's shoes. If many other posters were constantly referring to you as something you didn't want to be called - for your own personal reasons that are nobody else's business - and took no notice of your continued requests to desist, you could :

1. Not care and not regard it as an issue.
2. Care and try to make them stop.

It's personal choice and when it comes to a person's name, IMO that choice should be respected.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

even when its so bloody obvious its one of two people who frequent here reg and have been here for years??

im not arguing about it either byron, as its pointless and if someone wants to play silly little games by having another username and pretending to not be a prev username then go ahead and have your fun
no skin off my nose either
but then they get all wahh wahh when called out on it, dont call me that, i dont like being called a diff username, its insulting.
bit different from being called a d**khead isnt it?

so im guessing having multiple nicks is all good then
sweet

edit
good on ya for stickin your hand up too
be f***ed if i could do it

asiu
Saintsational Legend

hey Mat.
.. the Joffaboy account was / is closed on zz.

theres no 2nd id.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

Re: Longer and Hickey

.... dont blame the player, blame the game. Bunk_Moreland didn't make up the forum rules, but Bunk_Moreland will exercise his right to make others abide by them when they break them.
... this i found to be an interesting perspective.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Principle of Q'uo wrote:hey Mat.

theres no 2nd id.

thank you PoQ.

Joffaboy nic was disabled ages ago, so I dont know where this BS about multiple nic's come from :roll:

Anyway whose business is it but Bunk_Moreland if he doesn't want to be referred to as some outmoded, and disabled account.

It is his business only and the mods have agreed.

So abide by the rules and you wont get reported.

You are garbage - Enough said
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:even when its so bloody obvious its one of two people who frequent here reg and have been here for years??

im not arguing about it either byron, as its pointless and if someone wants to play silly little games by having another username and pretending to not be a prev username then go ahead and have your fun
no skin off my nose either
but then they get all wahh wahh when called out on it, dont call me that, i dont like being called a diff username, its insulting.
bit different from being called a d**khead isnt it?

so im guessing having multiple nicks is all good then
sweet

edit
good on ya for stickin your hand up too
be f***ed if i could do it

Yep we all know that there are posters going by certain nics who used to go by certain others.
And yes I agree using the previous nic is not the same thing as an insult like d***head or similar.
But......I reckon it's a person's right to be known by a name they are happy and comfortable with. For e.g Beau Wilkes, Harry O'Brien. They are no longer known by those names and people respect that. They've chosen, for personal reasons that are no-body else's business, to change their names.
If, after being repeatedly asked by Beau not to use the name Wilkes, people kept on with it, that would just be rude and disrespectful. Same applies here IMO. A poster has repeatedly and clearly asked not to be called a certain name. Fair enough.

Multiple nics are not permitted. The previous cyber entity of the poster Bunk_Moreland is no longer active on the forum. As far as the mods know, there are no posters currently posting under multiple nics and it's something we're aware of looking out for.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:

theres no 2nd id.

thank you PoQ.

Joffaboy nic was disabled ages ago, so I dont know where this BS about multiple nic's come from :roll:

Anyway whose business is it but Bunk_Moreland if he doesn't want to be referred to as some outmoded, and disabled account.

You say you are only a interenet name and I have said that about plugger66 many times but if i changed my nick to fuckwit66 than its still me, the real me, actually posting under that name so i would expect people still to call me P66 or plugger66. i wouldnt suggest you dont call me that because fuckwit66 is a different nic. Of course it is but its me, the real person, using it and as such have the same ideas unless nics decide your ideas which would be rather weird. You say you dont have anyone on ignore or wont break the rules but I sure you have the same ideas about footy politics as your previous nic has so its expected that those who know you would call you your previous nic from time to time and if you are like me its hard to use BM when at anytime let alone writing to another BM.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

i will say though bunk ... in the other thread u said
... reported and warned ... with regards to this issue.

U report ... the mods warn ( given context appliciable to a warning)

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: You say you are only a interenet name and I have said that about plugger66 many times but if i changed my nick to fuckwit66 than its still me, the real me, actually posting under that name so i would expect people still to call me P66 or plugger66. i wouldnt suggest you dont call me that because fuckwit66 is a different nic. Of course it is but its me, the real person, using it and as such have the same ideas unless nics decide your ideas which would be rather weird. You say you dont have anyone on ignore or wont break the rules but I sure you have the same ideas about footy politics as your previous nic has so its expected that those who know you would call you your previous nic from time to time and if you are like me its hard to use BM when at anytime let alone writing to another BM.

Interesting issue for our time. Real life identity and cyber identity and their intertwining.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

yea bigtime
i read social commentry not so long ago
citing cyber id's being noted in pre-nups
' n divorce interactions.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Just wondering...

if Brian 'wow wee' Taylor changed his name to (hypothetically) Bunk Moreland, then he (Bunk Moreland) would no longer be the commentator who used the 'gay reference' re Harry Taylor...?

Back on topic... I agree with ToT... an embarrassment of rucking riches can only be a good thing...

so I really hope that we can draft Petracca.

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:

theres no 2nd id.

thank you PoQ.

You say you are only a interenet name and I have said that about plugger66 many times but if i changed my nick to fuckwit66 than its still me, the real me, actually posting under that name so i would expect people still to call me P66 or plugger66. i wouldnt suggest you dont call me that because fuckwit66 is a different nic. Of course it is but its me, the real person, using it and as such have the same ideas unless nics decide your ideas which would be rather weird. You say you dont have anyone on ignore or wont break the rules but I sure you have the same ideas about footy politics as your previous nic has so its expected that those who know you would call you your previous nic from time to time and if you are like me its hard to use BM when at anytime let alone writing to another BM.
I cant help it if you cant understand my position or PoV on this matter. But it doesn't matter and quite frankly it is not your business why I have repeatedly asked not to be baited with an outmoded and disabled nic.

I dont care you cant understand, but the fact remains is that the mods have made a decision, and I have also explained to the mods my reasons.

Again nobody's concern but mine. You might not like it, but thats not my problem. You might not like referring to Bunk_Moreland as BM, but thats not my issue.

I do have an issue when you try to bait Bunk_Moreland after being asked not to. So in conclusion, I would like you to respect the mods rulings on this issue.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Dave McNamara wrote:Just wondering...

if Brian 'wow wee' Taylor changed his name to (hypothetically) Bunk Moreland, then he (Bunk Moreland) would no longer be the commentator who used the 'gay reference' re Harry Taylor...?

Back on topic... I agree with ToT... an embarrassment of rucking riches can only be a good thing...

Is Brian Taylor an internet persona?

So your real name is Dave McNamara?

give it a rest. Like the others, I dont care you cant understand the issue, abide by the mods rulings or I'll report you

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:

theres no 2nd id.

thank you PoQ.

I cant help it if you cant understand my position or PoV on this matter. But it doesn't matter and quite frankly it is not your business why I have repeatedly asked not to be baited with an outmoded and disabled nic.

I dont care you cant understand, but the fact remains is that the mods have made a decision, and I have also explained to the mods my reasons.

Again nobody's concern but mine. You might not like it, but thats not my problem. You might not like referring to Bunk_Moreland as BM, but thats not my issue.

I do have an issue when you try to bait Bunk_Moreland after being asked not to. So in conclusion, I would like you to respect the mods rulings on this issue.

Who said i didnt respect the mods ruling. I thinks its all very weird but hey thats just me. Others obviously including you understand and thinks its fine. I just pointed out that whatever way you spin it, its still whatever your real name is now posting under another nic and as i know that nic its hard not to use that nic but it seems thats my issue. Is it ok to bring up stuff you said under the other nic if iys important to a current discussion? Surely that should be ok because nics dont write what is written, thats done by a real person and their beliefs.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

I think I understand. Someone (let's call him Bruce) once upon a time was tapping away at a keyboard surfing this new wave of technology called the internet. In his mindless wandering Bruce found a forum for saints supporters, and joined to share discussion (and occasionally attempt to belittle when the dark side got the better of him). It was a great release valve - he was anonymous and could take on a different persona than the real Bruce. It was addicting to argue, demean, and basically carry on in a way his socially conditioned mild mannered self would never think of behaving in a real life situation. So addicting the dark side began to dominate more and more of his contributions.

On reflection Bruce had become somewhat of a bully, and with that realisation came some guilt. But Bruce couldn't stop, his internet persona (let's call it Just Barmy) had too strong a hold. Until came the day he was called up on his bullying and he spat the dummy and left. Immediately proclaiming on another forum (knowing the post would be read and discussed back on his favourite one) that he would never return. And he meant it. It was like kicking a nasty addiction. The bully was dead. It felt good.

Only he missed it, it itched, and it needed scratching. But Just Barmy couldn't return without losing so much face that he would never be taken seriously again. The boy who cried Wolf is laughed at, the boy who spat the dummy and took his ball home, is ridiculed. Or perhaps a kinder view is that Bruce was scared should Just Balmy return he would simply return to his old ways. So Bruce left Just Barmy behind. Shed him like an old skin. And thus More Bunkem was created. No relation to the disgraced Just. A nicer, rule abiding (rule enforcing?) entity. But is More Bunkem any more Bruce than Just Balmy? Who knows, but all he wants is a chance, not forgiveness obviously, but a chance, to be seen as Bunkem, and only Bunkem. A new era begins. He is not Bruce, he is not Just Balmy. He isn't Just reincarnated. He is More Bunkem.

Welcome Bunkem.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

desertsaint wrote:I think I understand. Someone (let's call him Bruce) once upon a time was tapping away at a keyboard surfing this new wave of technology called the internet. In his mindless wandering Bruce found a forum for saints supporters, and joined to share discussion (and occasionally attempt to belittle when the dark side got the better of him). It was a great release valve - he was anonymous and could take on a different persona than the real Bruce. It was addicting to argue, demean, and basically carry on in a way his socially conditioned mild mannered self would never think of behaving in a real life situation. So addicting the dark side began to dominate more and more of his contributions.

On reflection Bruce had become somewhat of a bully, and with that realisation came some guilt. But Bruce couldn't stop, his internet persona (let's call it Just Barmy) had too strong a hold. Until came the day he was called up on his bullying and he spat the dummy and left. Immediately proclaiming on another forum (knowing the post would be read and discussed back on his favourite one) that he would never return. And he meant it. It was like kicking a nasty addiction. The bully was dead. It felt good.

Only he missed it, it itched, and it needed scratching. But Just Barmy couldn't return without losing so much face that he would never be taken seriously again. The boy who cried Wolf is laughed at, the boy who spat the dummy and took his ball home, is ridiculed. Or perhaps a kinder view is that Bruce was scared should Just Balmy return he would simply return to his old ways. So Bruce left Just Barmy behind. Shed him like an old skin. And thus More Bunkem was created. No relation to the disgraced Just. A nicer, rule abiding (rule enforcing?) entity. But is More Bunkem any more Bruce than Just Balmy? Who knows, but all he wants is a chance, not forgiveness obviously, but a chance, to be seen as Bunkem, and only Bunkem. A new era begins. He is not Bruce, he is not Just Balmy. He isn't Just reincarnated. He is More Bunkem.

Welcome Bunkem.
Fascinating

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:

theres no 2nd id.

thank you PoQ.

Who said i didnt respect the mods ruling. I thinks its all very weird but hey thats just me. Others obviously including you understand and thinks its fine. I just pointed out that whatever way you spin it, its still whatever your real name is now posting under another nic and as i know that nic its hard not to use that nic but it seems thats my issue. Is it ok to bring up stuff you said under the other nic if iys important to a current discussion? Surely that should be ok because nics dont write what is written, thats done by a real person and their beliefs.
You can bring up what you want but if it wasn't posted by Bunk_Moreland it will be irrelevant to Bunk and it wont be responded to.

I really cant fathom someone so hellbent on trying to circumvent the forum rules. What with the strange obsession with not being courteous? Is it too much to ask or something?

Strange

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Dave McNamara wrote:Just wondering...

Bunk_Moreland wrote:... abide by the mods rulings or I'll report you
I have... but apparently you reported me anyway(?)

Not to worry, I bear no hard feelings. :)

Bunk_Moreland wrote:So your real name is Dave McNamara?
I thought it was... till james set me straight the other day. Maybe my name is Bruce...? :wink:

Bunk_Moreland wrote:Is Brian Taylor an internet persona?
Yes he is. To paraphrase a classic movie... his name is Bruce too, and so is his wife's.

And to paraphrase another classic movie from around the same period... but that's not relevant right now.

What is relevant is that the person who writes under the name of joffaboy absolutely lambasted this site, its direction, moderators, posters etc and... swore never to return.

Returning under a different alias is still returning. :idea:

Everyone knows that joffaboy and bunk moreland (and Bruce?) are one in the same person in the real world. To pretend otherwise on here is insulting to the forum.

Why not simply acknowledge what you wrote and stand by it, or if you've had a rethink, retract? I mean, we've all let rip before... no biggie really...

I don't think that anyone doesn't want you back. Hey, I agree with the vast vast majority of your POVs, especially re social justice issues. (Though I think the message reaches a wider audience if the accompanying vitriol is toned down... honey vs vinegar re fly catching, and all that. Believe me, I speak as a serial transgressor on that one. :oops: )

But this farce, whilst very entertaining in a slow news week, simply won't wash... people are unsurprisingly pulling you up on it... that's all, it's not about bullying nor baiting... :idea:

So post under whatever nic, hey bring back joffa, I for one missed him and don't see why he shouldn't return, but... please, please cut your Saintsational family some credence, that's all.

So, footy... Longer and Hickey, Longer or Hickey?
How do you rate the progress of Pierce and Holmes?
Should we recruit McCartin or Petracca or...?
What're your observations BM?

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:

theres no 2nd id.

thank you PoQ.

You can bring up what you want but if it wasn't posted by Bunk_Moreland it will be irrelevant to Bunk and it wont be responded to.

I really cant fathom someone so hellbent on trying to circumvent the forum rules. What with the strange obsession with not being courteous? Is it too much to ask or something?

Strange

I dont think you get it BM. You are still both people unless you had a personality change since you posted under the other nic. And if previously under the other nic you said for example Rooy moves like a super rules player surely under the new nic you think the same. Changing nics doesnt change the person typing opinion and if it was relevent then surely stuff under the previous nic could be brought up. It isnt trying to circumvent the rules because unlike the other BM I cant really remember many silly comments that need to be brought up but I stand by what I say and think if it is relevent it is still written by the same person behind the keyboard. I can only come to one conclusion and that is you for some strange reason are embarressed on what you typed under your previous nic which I cant understand.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote: I dont think you get it BM.
Nothing to get P66
plugger66 wrote: You are still both people unless you had a personality change since you posted under the other nic.
Internet nics, are not real people. As you have stated, quite correctly, you meet real people and they are not the same as their internet persona.
plugger66 wrote: And if previously under the other nic you said for example Rooy moves like a super rules player surely under the new nic you think the same.
Can you quote that post please, as that has never been posted by Bunk_Moreland. If it was posted by some other nic, well thats irrelevant (considering BigMart posted that, take it up with his nic)
plugger66 wrote:Changing nics doesnt change the person typing opinion and if it was relevent then surely stuff under the previous nic could be brought up.
How can you be sure of that. In real life opinions of individuals change all the time. What you thought 5,3, even a year ago, may not be what you have an opinion of now. Its got to do with being informed and drawing conclusions from new evidence. I thought that would be pretty obvious for every thinking person.
plugger66 wrote: It isnt trying to circumvent the rules because unlike the other BM I cant really remember many silly comments that need to be brought up but I stand by what I say and think if it is relevent it is still written by the same person behind the keyboard.
You are free to quote any of the 300+ posts of Bunk_Moreland. Anything else you quote and direct them at Bunk will be irrelevant.
plugger66 wrote:I can only come to one conclusion and that is you for some strange reason are embarressed on what you typed under your previous nic which I cant understand.
You have a right to draw whatever conclusion you want to P66, and if that is yours, well thats up to you. As previously stated, it is nobodies business what my reasons are.

My philosophies and opinions on internet nics, persona's and the blurred lines between reality and discussions on an internet forum using avatars, are obviously different to yours.

You dont understand my philosophies on reality and fantasy, that is your perogative.

I am not going to get into a deep philosophical discussion on the duality of man, the different personality traits, complexities of rational v artificial argument etc.

Put simply the internet is a playground and used for nothign more than palour games. It is totally unrelated to reality. This is the purpose of anonimity on the interwebs and only a projection of a percieved viewpoint.

Really if you think internet forums are nothign more than a silly distraction and completely superficial, well then I think you are on the wrong forums. :wink:

cheers

Bunk_Moreland

matrix
Saintsational Legend

ahhh
so theres no multiple id's
for that then i was wrong
see how easy that is

i was wrong

so there is no multiple id's but you are the poster formally known as joffaboy tho yeah?
what am i asking for...it was admitted to already by a mod

so
on that note
welcome back
what made you come back?

i for one needed a break
the place can get you down and sometimes angry at times
its good to walk away for a bit
take a breath
ive had to do it a number of times over the years
hopefully you can pick up where you left off contributing to the forum

HarryM
Club Player

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
You dont understand my philosophies on reality and fantasy, that is your perogative.

Put simply, you are full of hot air and an overstated feeling of self importance wherever you decide to go.
You are a bully boy, who loves to belittle people in public, and a <edited by mods> to boot, think that just about covers it for me. :D

<Edited by Mods 23 July 15.33. Poster warned for abusive language and belittling>

matrix
Saintsational Legend

congrats HarryM
just over a year in membership to ss
so double nick or old one deleted and just started a fresh??

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote: I dont think you get it BM.
Nothing to get P66
plugger66 wrote: You are still both people unless you had a personality change since you posted under the other nic.
Internet nics, are not real people. As you have stated, quite correctly, you meet real people and they are not the same as their internet persona.
plugger66 wrote: And if previously under the other nic you said for example Rooy moves like a super rules player surely under the new nic you think the same.
Can you quote that post please, as that has never been posted by Bunk_Moreland. If it was posted by some other nic, well thats irrelevant (considering BigMart posted that, take it up with his nic)
plugger66 wrote:Changing nics doesnt change the person typing opinion and if it was relevent then surely stuff under the previous nic could be brought up.
How can you be sure of that. In real life opinions of individuals change all the time. What you thought 5,3, even a year ago, may not be what you have an opinion of now. Its got to do with being informed and drawing conclusions from new evidence. I thought that would be pretty obvious for every thinking person.
plugger66 wrote: It isnt trying to circumvent the rules because unlike the other BM I cant really remember many silly comments that need to be brought up but I stand by what I say and think if it is relevent it is still written by the same person behind the keyboard.
You are free to quote any of the 300+ posts of Bunk_Moreland. Anything else you quote and direct them at Bunk will be irrelevant.
plugger66 wrote:I can only come to one conclusion and that is you for some strange reason are embarressed on what you typed under your previous nic which I cant understand.
You have a right to draw whatever conclusion you want to P66, and if that is yours, well thats up to you. As previously stated, it is nobodies business what my reasons are.

My philosophies and opinions on internet nics, persona's and the blurred lines between reality and discussions on an internet forum using avatars, are obviously different to yours.

I am not going to get into a deep philosophical discussion on the duality of man, the different personality traits, complexities of rational v artificial argument etc.

Put simply the internet is a playground and used for nothign more than palour games. It is totally unrelated to reality. This is the purpose of anonimity on the interwebs and only a projection of a percieved viewpoint.

Really if you think internet forums are nothign more than a silly distraction and completely superficial, well then I think you are on the wrong forums. :wink:

cheers

Bunk_Moreland
Thanks for the reply and whilst i dont agree i will respect your wishes unless I forget. And i didnt say you said that Rooy moves like a super rules player I just used that as an example and I did say if you said that. I know it wasnt you or your previous nic even if that isnt you. Im confused.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

matrix wrote:ahhh
so theres no multiple id's
for that then i was wrong
see how easy that is

i was wrong

so there is no multiple id's but you are the poster formally known as joffaboy tho yeah?
what am i asking for...it was admitted to already by a mod

so
on that note
welcome back
what made you come back?

i for one needed a break
the place can get you down and sometimes angry at times
its good to walk away for a bit
take a breath
ive had to do it a number of times over the years
hopefully you can pick up where you left off contributing to the forum
WHo is this referring to?

There is no Joffaboy, there is no Bunk_Moreland. They are avatars.

Nothing made Joffaboy leave or Bunk_Moreland arrive, ts isn't real, it is all an illusion.

It is like money, it is illusory. It is currency, but based on what? Illusions.

The only currency in this bankrupt world is between two uncool people (got that from Almost Famous)