Nic discussion - moved from Longer and Hickey thread

The place to discuss issues with administrators and moderators. Suggestions welcome. All bans will be posted here and the banning appeals process will be held in this forum.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: St Kilda announcement - Tues morning - Dare

st.byron wrote:
james rose wrote: Neither Joffa

<Warning issued for baiting>
Just offering friendly feedback ay.

Surely the first post deserved a warning too?
James, maybe you're not aware that around August last year it was made very clear that use of the nic Joffaboy in posts would be considered baiting and draw a warning. In ALL cases of people nevertheless using that nic in relation to a particular poster, a further reminder via PM was given that the nic is dead and further use would draw a warning.
Only when posters continued to disregard this request was a warning issued. There were a few warnings issued and use of that nic has pretty much been dead in the water over the last few months.
Saintspremiers was one poster previously warned for disregarding the request not to use that nic - back on August 10. So he knows very well the deal and his post served no purpose other than to bait and is a repeat of something previously warned for. No choice really but to issue a warning.

Re the other post you suggest was worthy of a warning. Thanks for the feedback but IMO it doesn't warrant a warning. The post was directly addressing a previous post. You could argue that use of the term 'clueless' could draw a warning for abuse as it's directed at the poster. But it's at the lower end of the name calling spectrum and is still in relation to a specific post, rather than just being name calling without context.

If anybody wants to add anything else re this issue, I'll split it off into the Admin Forum, as this thread is about the new Sponsorship deal with Dare.
Seriously this is a joke. 2 people get warnings for using another nic. Can I ask that people get warning for calling me P66, P76, Tugger66, Pluggs and so on. Talk about crap.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: Seriously this is a joke. 2 people get warnings for using another nic. Can I ask that people get warning for calling me P66, P76, Tugger66, Pluggs and so on. Talk about crap.

One person warned recently, not two.
The poster who previously used the nic Joffaboy wanted to change his nic and for that nic to be no longer used. He specifically requested the mods support that change and laid his reasons for wanting to do so out very clearly.

Not going to re-hash all the discussion that was had regarding this issue in July/August. If you're inclined to know the reasons behind this, you can read it here :

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86518

Last post in this thread re this issue. Any further comments and I'll move it to the Admin Forum. Don't want this thread to be sidetracked.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Nic discussion - moved from Longer and Hickey thread

This is a joke still but not that funny. As of now I want warning for people not calling me plugger66. Any other variation is obviously baiting because I have requested not be called anything but my proper nic. Mods will you confirm this will happen please?

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:This is a joke still but not that funny. As of now I want warning for people not calling me plugger66. Any other variation is obviously baiting because I have requested not be called anything but my proper nic. Mods will you confirm this will happen please?

Plugger don't be a twat. You're just making trouble for the hell of it. Not enough footy to talk about eh?

The poster who used to use the nic JB approached the mods with a specific reason for seeking their help with changing his nic on the forum. It was, and remains, a genuine request from someone with their own reasons that the mods feel is fair enough. It's just basic respect, that if someone genuinely asks enough times for others not to call them a particular name, that others respect that request.

Your request on the other hand, is disingenuous and only designed to make a point regarding ground that's been well covered in this thread. As I said, I have no intention to go over it all again.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

st.byron wrote:
plugger66 wrote: Seriously this is a joke. 2 people get warnings for using another nic. Can I ask that people get warning for calling me P66, P76, Tugger66, Pluggs and so on. Talk about crap.

One person warned recently, not two.
The poster who previously used the nic Joffaboy wanted to change his nic and for that nic to be no longer used. He specifically requested the mods support that change and laid his reasons for wanting to do so out very clearly.

Not going to re-hash all the discussion that was had regarding this issue in July/August. If you're inclined to know the reasons behind this, you can read it here :

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86518

Last post in this thread re this issue. Any further comments and I'll move it to the Admin Forum. Don't want this thread to be sidetracked.

Thank you St.Byron for honouring my wishes and protecting my from this constant bullying and baiting which is clearly against the rules.

For the record. saintspremiers bagged out the new sponsor (as he tend to bag out almost everything about St.Kilda).

As I work in a member organization and am involved with our BU's who work with an attract sponsorship, I know the difficulties and processes involved. I get sick of ignorant, uneducated comments regarding business dealings.

I should not have used the word clueless, but that's how the post came across. it actually sounded like trolling to me and I called him on it.

My post was in line with the OP and not OT. His reply was designed to bait and troll and so I reported him.

This is the forum rules.

Sorry Byron just read your last sentence. Please move this to whichever forum you deem fit.

You are garbage - Enough said
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

So take that P66 ya turkey. Ya gherkin!!

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
plugger66 wrote:This is a joke still but not that funny. As of now I want warning for people not calling me plugger66. Any other variation is obviously baiting because I have requested not be called anything but my proper nic. Mods will you confirm this will happen please?

Plugger don't be a twat. You're just making trouble for the hell of it. Not enough footy to talk about eh?

The poster who used to use the nic JB approached the mods with a specific reason for seeking their help with changing his nic on the forum. It was, and remains, a genuine request from someone with their own reasons that the mods feel is fair enough. It's just basic respect, that if someone genuinely asks enough times for others not to call them a particular name, that others respect that request.

Your request on the other hand, is disingenuous and only designed to make a point regarding ground that's been well covered in this thread. As I said, I have no intention to go over it all again.

No its the mods being twats by agreeing to such a request from a poster. Would you like being called tugger66? Or p76 which was a lemon of a car? It just proves how twatful the mods were by allowing such a childish request. Just admit its childish and we can all get on with it and I still wants warnings for the above 2 names please. Or at least explain why there shouldn't be any. And I brought this childish crap up when there was footy but I really didn't expect the mods would actually be childish enough to warn someone.

And I really like the word twatful. I think that could kick on. By the way I apologise to any mod who didn't agree to warnings for this childful and twatful request.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
st.byron wrote:

No its the mods being twats by agreeing to such a request from a poster. Would you like being called tugger66? Or p76 which was a lemon of a car? It just proves how twatful the mods were by allowing such a childish request. Just admit its childish and we can all get on with it and I still wants warnings for the above 2 names please. Or at least explain why there shouldn't be any. And I brought this childish crap up when there was footy but I really didn't expect the mods would actually be childish enough to warn someone.

And I really like the word twatful. I think that could kick on. By the way I apologise to any mod who didn't agree to warnings for this childful and twatful request.
What a terribly ignorant rant from someone without the facts.

ignorance is not a virtue P66.

oh if someone calls you tugga66 or P76 to deliberately bait, you have the right to report them.

However because of some obscure honour system where you see rule enforcement as "dobbing" you don't do that.

So considering you have foregone the right to report, you don't get to complain about reports, warnings etc that, by the way, is absolutely none of your business.

Abide by forum rules or don't, just don't flipping well whinge about them. Stop being so arrogant that you think you can demand your skewed opinions on the wishes of others.

You don't like a mods decision - tough titties. Nobody makes you post on this forum. Go and make up your own forum, where you can be mod, if you don't like it here.

Sick of your arrogance on things that don't concern you.

Pull your head in.

citywest

Re: Longer and Hickey

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:Because, it is quite simple

1) Longer is 20, Hickey 23 both are developing
2) Both have had injured throughout the year so have hardly been available for selection at the same time.
3) As they are developing we have no idea if they can play in a developed St.kilda team
4) We had Hickey and Pelchan went for Longer. Why would this be, so one or the other can flounder in the seconds?
5) One or the other has been injured this year, Blake is gone, Holmes and Pierce are miles off, Stanley is still finding his feet as a forward and should not be expected to ruck. So who rucks when one of the other is injured.

So in my opinion this is why it is a rubbish, premature and half cocked.

So carry on and try to bait, but that is my opinion. I know you take umbrage at others not slavishly agreeing with your opinions (although you love to belittle others opinions), but I have a right to a view, even if it ruffles your fragile feathers

Again JB it isnt baiting even slightly. At least now you have given reasons why you think its a rubbish thread. I think your reasons make some sense but again disagree with them because as of 17 games they havent played togther and there has been 7 games when both were fit. And im sure that calling it a rubbish thread with no reason is pretty belittling. Fragile yep coming from a person who reported another for calling him JB. Seriously funny if that is a term.
Reported again for baiting. Nothing to do with this thread but you continue to try to start a flame war. Everyone is sick of your flame wars with BM, so dont try and start one with me.

Reason Joffaboy is gone is because that nic got involved with personalities and flame wars.

Bunk_Moreland does not do this, has nobody on ignore, and abides by the new rules. You dont like being reported, dont bait or start flame wars, really simple.

As well as that you didn't read my post. They have 17 games in one season. Hickey had the first five because Longer is as raw as. Hickey was the better early option. Since then they have had 2 games where they have both been available. You may or may not realise that Richo is chucking around the players to see who will be with us at year end.

We have no idea at this stage of development if they can play together or not. We dont know what rule changes may occur in the next two years like limited interchange which may change the dynamics of the whole setup.

And who rucks if one is injured? Do we sacrifice Stanley who has just started to show something up forward?

And why cant either develop as a forward ruckman? How would you know?

Premature. Bump it in two years.

And stop baiting. Joffaboy may have put up with your baiting, Bunk_Moreland treats the forum rules with the respect it deserves. You should as well.
What a laugh. Whether you are BM or JB the result is the same. The sooner the moderators remove you the better we will all be.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

citywest wrote:What a laugh. Whether you are BM or JB the result is the same. The sooner the moderators remove you the better we will all be.
Report me and see how you go you.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Coming from someone who is permantly banned from bigfooty for trolling

Some who PM'ed me while still there pleading for help to be allowed back on Saintsational.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What a pathetic loser you are

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
st.byron wrote:

What a terribly ignorant rant from someone without the facts.

ignorance is not a virtue P66.

oh if someone calls you tugga66 or P76 to deliberately bait, you have the right to report them.

However because of some obscure honour system where you see rule enforcement as "dobbing" you don't do that.

So considering you have foregone the right to report, you don't get to complain about reports, warnings etc that, by the way, is absolutely none of your business.

Abide by forum rules or don't, just don't flipping well whinge about them. Stop being so arrogant that you think you can demand your skewed opinions on the wishes of others.

You don't like a mods decision - tough titties. Nobody makes you post on this forum. Go and make up your own forum, where you can be mod, if you don't like it here.

Sick of your arrogance on things that don't concern you.

Pull your head in.

So lets get this straight. Because im not a sook and wont dob people in I cant have the mods report a person for calling me tugger66. And who isn't abiding by forum rules BM? I am with you because I haven't called you the other name since I was told not to. However that doesn't mean I cant tell the mods I think its childish and a silly ruling by the mods. And thanks for telling me to pull my head in but you aren't a mod so I will take not one bit of notice of you. Maybe I will tell the mods to tell you to pull your head in and act like an adult instead of like a little kid who is being called a name that should be no problem to anyone. Its quite obvious to me why you don't like being called another name because it reminds you how childish you were when you quit the site in a huff last year.

And how the hell is it arrogant to question why a person cant be called a previous nic? Seems you just wanted to use the word for no apparent reason.

citywest

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
citywest wrote:What a laugh. Whether you are BM or JB the result is the same. The sooner the moderators remove you the better we will all be.

Some who PM'ed me while still there pleading for help to be allowed back on Saintsational.

Another lie from a compulsive liar. I have been posting happily as Nexus Nick on Bigfooty. As I have mentioned to a Mod, you are like a cancer and you have been trying to destroy this site for over a decade now.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

IMO calling Bunk Joffa is NOT baiting. And certainly in the context of the post it is written it should not be considered as such.

IF the post is an attack and "Joffa" is used, then yep, fair game and warning issued.

Mods - under the "joffaboy rule", can any poster change their nick and then force everyone else to call them by their new nick or is this a one off special favour?

If it's not a one off, then plugger66 could change his nick and problem solved!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

saintspremiers wrote:IMO calling Bunk Joffa is NOT baiting. And certainly in the context of the post it is written it should not be considered as such.

IF the post is an attack and "Joffa" is used, then yep, fair game and warning issued.

Mods - under the "joffaboy rule", can any poster change their nick and then force everyone else to call them by their new nick or is this a one off special favour?

have a cry. Nobody cares what your opinion is.

If you are too lazy or don't have the intelligence to follow the discussion previously had on this subject, don't whinge when you troll and bait and get a warning.

You are not entitled to know the reasons, it is not important for you to know and it is none of your business.

So don't bait and troll and you wont be warned. Even someone like you can surely understand those simple instructions.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

citywest wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:

Another lie from a compulsive liar. I have been posting happily as Nexus Nick on Bigfooty. As I have mentioned to a Mod, you are like a cancer and you have been trying to destroy this site for over a decade now.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - mentioned to a mod hey. Obviously they respect you as much as the rest of us, nothing has been mentioned to me.

Your idiocies ignored again. This time by a mod - lolololololololololololololololololololololololol

Report me and see how you go then.

Come on, do it. Report me.

Unlike you, I have never been banned for trolling. You on the other hand have constantly been banned from here and bigfooty.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Send me some more PM's so I can abuse you in private.

Hilarious.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:IMO calling Bunk Joffa is NOT baiting. And certainly in the context of the post it is written it should not be considered as such.

have a cry. Nobody cares what your opinion is.

If you are too lazy or don't have the intelligence to follow the discussion previously had on this subject, don't whinge when you troll and bait and get a warning.

You are not entitled to know the reasons, it is not important for you to know and it is none of your business.

So don't bait and troll and you wont be warned. Even someone like you can surely understand those simple instructions.
To be fair Bunk, the question wasn't about the reasons. They are between you and the Mods and so be it.

The question was would other posters be afforded the same consideration or was this a one off special favour.

And it's a valid question not specific to Bunk or whatever you choose to be known as. Would this treatment be afforded others?

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

as long as he knows at the next finals series when i see him at the bar getting a beer im gonna say gday joff 8-)

HarryM
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
Grate question :D

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:
The question was would other posters be afforded the same consideration or was this a one off special favour.

And it's a valid question not specific to Bunk or whatever you choose to be known as. Would this treatment be afforded others?

Thanks for the clear questions SEN and SP. I was the most active mod in supporting BM's desire that his previous nic be genuinely dead in the water and not fodder for baiting. The other mods were also happy to support BM"s request. It's also perhaps of interest to posters to note that although there are five mods listed on the site, only three are active.
Certainly it's not a one off special favour. It was a decision based on believing that people are entitled to the respect of being addressed by the name they want to be addressed by. Would anyone on here continue to call Beau Maister, Mr. Wilkes? Nope.
If someone makes it very clear that they want a previous name to no longer be used, then fair enough. In this case, BM presented a case for the support of the mods with killing off his previous nic and the mods considered it reasonable.
Anyone else would be afforded the same courtesy with a genuine request, especially in the case of changing their nic and their old nic being used as a tool to bait.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:

Thanks for the clear questions SEN and SP. I was the most active mod in supporting BM's desire that his previous nic be genuinely dead in the water and not fodder for baiting. The other mods were also happy to support BM"s request. It's also perhaps of interest to posters to note that although there are five mods listed on the site, only three are active.
Certainly it's not a one off special favour. It was a decision based on believing that people are entitled to the respect of being addressed by the name they want to be addressed by. Would anyone on here continue to call Beau Maister, Mr. Wilkes? Nope.
If someone makes it very clear that they want a previous name to no longer be used, then fair enough. In this case, BM presented a case for the support of the mods with killing off his previous nic and the mods considered it reasonable.
Anyone else would be afforded the same courtesy with a genuine request, especially in the case of changing their nic and their old nic being used as a tool to bait.
Fair enough Byron. My only comment is that the old nic could only be used to bait given the way the whole name change has been handled. People are going to buck the system like they try to bend rules. If the name had changed and then the old nic would've just been used less and less and then just petered out. I haven't seen one reference to any of the previous nicknames of POQ in months and months, yet we all know his old usernames. The reasons for the name change do not concern me, but I just think it might have been handled a bit less heavy handed and a bit more easy going from all sides.

But when it is all said and done, it is only an anonymous internet forum nickname we are talking about.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

st.byron wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:

Thank you once again,, for about the tenth time addressing this issue St.Byron. Why some on here think they are above the decisions of mods and fragrantly flaunt the rules is perplexing.

Please be aware, I will not hesitiate in reporting anybody who continues to troll and bait as saintspremiers did.

Why you people have to behave like spoilt children when it comes to rules is a mystery.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Bunk - which rule did I transgress by asking a question? Personally, this would've all been a non-issue long ago if Bunk_Moreland hadn't made it such a big issue.

I have no problem at all with changing usernames. Have done it myself over the last decade or so (or longer) or membership. Bunk_Moreland should've just laughed off the references and the old username would've petered out.

Each to his own I guess.

Mountain out of a Baltimore molehill if you ask me. Which no one did, I acknowledge.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:Bunk - which rule did I transgress by asking a question? Personally, this would've all been a non-issue long ago if Bunk_Moreland hadn't made it such a big issue.

I have no problem at all with changing usernames. Have done it myself over the last decade or so (or longer) or membership. Bunk_Moreland should've just laughed off the references and the old username would've petered out.

Each to his own I guess.

Mountain out of a Baltimore molehill if you ask me. Which no one did, I acknowledge.

At the time of the nic change there was a lot of baiting going on around the old nic. And for the poster concerned, it wasn't just about a simple name change, but a change of posting style that the mods were happy to support.

Any decision to change nics taken in context of severing connections with an old identity that was warned from time to time for abusive posting I would suggest will be supported by the mods.

Maybe you're right and it would have just petered out, however SP's reference to the old nic just a week or so ago, suggests that might not have been the case. Numerous posters on this forum have long memories and will take an opportunity to bait if it arises.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
st.byron wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:

Thank you once again,, for about the tenth time addressing this issue St.Byron. Why some on here think they are above the decisions of mods and fragrantly flaunt the rules is perplexing.

Please be aware, I will not hesitiate in reporting anybody who continues to troll and bait as saintspremiers did.

Why you people have to behave like spoilt children when it comes to rules is a mystery.

Now that last line is very funny considering the previous line. You will report for being called an old name and then say others behave like spoilt children. Great humour BM. Surely you really are taking the piss?