Nic discussion - moved from Longer and Hickey thread

The place to discuss issues with administrators and moderators. Suggestions welcome. All bans will be posted here and the banning appeals process will be held in this forum.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Longer and Hickey

st.byron wrote:
stinger wrote: so if someone calls me a cleaner then i can expect that poster to get a warning if i report the post???
In the past that term has been used in context as a put down and to belittle. Certainly that would draw a warning in the Fan Forum, not in the AE.

From the forum rules,
"There will be zero tolerance for teasing, mocking, baiting, belittling, badgering, bullying or any insulting, abusive, sexist, racist, ageist, homophobic, religiously or culturally offensive, or threatening behaviour. Such behaviour constitutes a breach of rules and a Saintsational warning will be issued."

Seriously I think sometimes this place goes wat over the top. If someone calls me tugger66 its obviously a put down but surely isnt worth a warning unless it goes on and on just as one mention of cleaner or JB surely shouldnt get a warning but going on and on should. Surely if its a one off its just a bit of playful fun. Lets not ruin this place with crap warnings when its just a bit of banter.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
st.byron wrote:
stinger wrote: so if someone calls me a cleaner then i can expect that poster to get a warning if i report the post???
In the past that term has been used in context as a put down and to belittle. Certainly that would draw a warning in the Fan Forum, not in the AE.

From the forum rules,
"There will be zero tolerance for teasing, mocking, baiting, belittling, badgering, bullying or any insulting, abusive, sexist, racist, ageist, homophobic, religiously or culturally offensive, or threatening behaviour. Such behaviour constitutes a breach of rules and a Saintsational warning will be issued."

Seriously I think sometimes this place goes wat over the top. If someone calls me tugger66 its obviously a put down but surely isnt worth a warning unless it goes on and on just as one mention of cleaner or JB surely shouldnt get a warning but going on and on should. Surely if its a one off its just a bit of playful fun. Lets not ruin this place with crap warnings when its just a bit of banter.
Bunk_Moreland regards it as baiting and will report it every time it occurs. If you dont like being reported, dont bait or bully, and that is what I, and as St.Byron points out the rules regard it as.

Simple dont do it.

And face it, you only when for the poster because he had the temerity to call your thread rubbish, and you didn't like it.

You are garbage - Enough said
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
st.byron wrote:

From the forum rules,

Bunk_Moreland regards it as baiting and will report it every time it occurs. If you dont like being reported, dont bait or bully, and that is what I, and as St.Byron points out the rules regard it as.

Simple dont do it.

And face it, you only when for the poster because he had the temerity to call your thread rubbish, and you didn't like it.

The rubbish thread doesnt worry me at all. The fact that is all you said makes your post plainly stupid. And BM you sound like a bit of a sook worrying about being called another nick.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Is there something in the initials? BM-Big Mart, Bunk Moreland? Coincidence? I think not! :)

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
st.byron wrote:

From the forum rules,

Simple dont do it.

The rubbish thread doesnt worry me at all. The fact that is all you said makes your post plainly stupid. And BM you sound like a bit of a sook worrying about being called another nick.
None of your concern what my reasons are. Abide by the forum rules or look forward to a warning. Dont care about you calling Bunk a sook, you can think what you like about a cyberspace avatar, he doesn't really worry to much about silly baiting like that

stinger
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:

From the forum rules,

good to hear...and know... :D :D

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

st.byron wrote:

From the forum rules,
Oh come on...

That stated, Bunk_Moreland is attempting to copy Reincarnated from back in the day with the usage of third person.

Not cool.

Prepare for battle.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
stinger wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
st.byron wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Seriously. Well I dont want to be p66 or Tugger66 or plunger66. Its either plugger66 or I to want warnings.
Plugger I take your point and agree that the banter around this has been harmless, and in mostly good natured reference to the history of the forum.

However a poster has requested multiple times over several weeks in various threads that other posters do not refer to him as a certain nic. It's courtesy to respect that request whatever his reasons might be and whether others regard them as valid or not. If someone asks numerous times for people not to call him a certain thing and people just keep on calling him that, then it's the job of the mods to have his request respected.
I think JB has basically said he's Bunk but changed his nick to stop slanging matches. So as long as it's not warfare, you can call Bunk JB.

a couple of posters left throwing their toys out of the cot vowing never to return....both are now back it seems.....i don't have a problem with that as long as both follow the rules.....
Amother untruth. Please dont bend the truth to try and start a flame war. Joffaboy stated on BF that Joffaboy would never post on SS again, and has not.

Joffaboy still post over at BF.

same thing as far as i'm concerned ...and don't call me a liar...leopards don't change their spots....

you said you would never be back ..whether you said it here or on big footy, i read it here as the threads were linked at the time......and now you are back...as i said i don't have a problem with that as long as you follow the rules...

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: Seriously I think sometimes this place goes wat over the top. If someone calls me tugger66 its obviously a put down but surely isnt worth a warning unless it goes on and on just as one mention of cleaner or JB surely shouldnt get a warning but going on and on should. Surely if its a one off its just a bit of playful fun. Lets not ruin this place with crap warnings when its just a bit of banter.

Plugger I agree with you. Taking the piss out of someone else's nic, if it's not in an abusive context, is generally just good natured banter and is fine. So for example, someone calling you tugger66, so long as it's not deliberately belittling, could be regarded as just mucking about or banter. And if it's one off and a bit of fun or part of ongoing banter, then I totally agree with you.

But......in this case, the poster using the nic Bunk Moreland has made it clear that he doesn't want to be referred to by a nic he previously used. He has asked on numerous occasions and in multiple threads for posters to desist from calling him that nic. When it becomes clear that it's a genuine request, then to me it's basic courtesy to adhere to that request. If someone asks people to stop calling him a particular name and people don't take him seriously - so he asks again and they still don't take him seriously - so he asks again and they continue calling him that name and completely ignore his genuine request, then the line has to be drawn somewhere.
In this case, a poster has made a clear and repeated request re his personal nic, whatever the site history, whatever his reasons and whether other posters regard them as valid or not, if others ignore that request and carry on with using that name, then it qualifies as baiting and is against the rules.

Re the term cleaner - it depends on context. In Stinger's case, that term has been used in the past to belittle and insult him. It hasn't been used in the context of a bit of friendly banter. If it's insulting or belittling, it's a rule breach and draws a warning.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
stinger wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
st.byron wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Seriously. Well I dont want to be p66 or Tugger66 or plunger66. Its either plugger66 or I to want warnings.
Plugger I take your point and agree that the banter around this has been harmless, and in mostly good natured reference to the history of the forum.

However a poster has requested multiple times over several weeks in various threads that other posters do not refer to him as a certain nic. It's courtesy to respect that request whatever his reasons might be and whether others regard them as valid or not. If someone asks numerous times for people not to call him a certain thing and people just keep on calling him that, then it's the job of the mods to have his request respected.
I think JB has basically said he's Bunk but changed his nick to stop slanging matches. So as long as it's not warfare, you can call Bunk JB.

a couple of posters left throwing their toys out of the cot vowing never to return....both are now back it seems.....i don't have a problem with that as long as both follow the rules.....
Amother untruth. Please dont bend the truth to try and start a flame war. Joffaboy stated on BF that Joffaboy would never post on SS again, and has not.

Joffaboy still post over at BF.

same thing as far as i'm concerned ...and don't call me a liar...leopards don't change their spots....

you said you would never be back ..whether you said it here or on big footy, i read it here as the threads were linked at the time......and now you are back...as i said i don't have a problem with that as long as you follow the rules...
Stinger, I did not call you a liar, but what you posted was not true. Could you please quote the post where joffaboy posted on Saintsational that he would not post here anymore? Joffaboy posted that on Bigfooty and has not posted here since.

Bunk_Moreland was changed from Nextmess_Stringer as Simon thought I was having a go at you. In fact it was a dig at Nexus, and Stringer was a character in the series where the nic Bunk_Moreland comes from. It was unintentional that it was close to the name stinger, but was happy to change it.

So "I" am not back. Joffaboy is gone, Bunk_Moreland is new and that nic has nobody on ignore or wont engage in flame wars.

Like you, I have no problem with you unless you break the forum rules.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote: Oh come on...

That stated, Bunk_Moreland is attempting to copy Reincarnated from back in the day with the usage of third person.

Not cool.

Prepare for battle.

We all, those of us who have been on here for a while, know some site history and that some posters have changed their names. For the most part, those who have changed their names don't mind the occasional reference to their previous nics. However, once again, if someone specifically and deliberately requests others not to call them their previous nic and others refuse to respect their request, even after having it repeated multiple times, then it's reasonable for that poster to seek to have a line drawn under it.

Re Reincarnated. The clear difference in that case was that Reincarnated played on other posters knowing it was a multiple identity or identity from a previous poster and was secretive and cocky about not disclosing the previous identity. In this case, there is no mystery or pretence or desire to perpetuate multiple nics, just a simple and clear request for reasons known to that poster to not be referred to as a nic that is now no longer operational on the forum.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Well, this has certainly become quite a unique thread/topic.

Just trying to get my head around some of this stuff...

So, if a hypothetical real-world person posts on particular online forum - strong opinions re another online forum's direction, worth, administrators and posting populace, and therefore vows never to return, but...

then returns anyway, only under a different 'nom de plume'...

is not said hypothetical real world person the authour of all the opinions expressed on both forums?

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
st.byron wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:At least I've learnt from this thread that plugs can back down a bit and see the other side and that JB and The Bunker may happen to have identical DNA.

SP. Bunk Moreland has specifically requested that you and others don't use the nic JB in reference to him. Whatever his reasons are, it's his choice and his request should be respected. Further goading of him by referring to him as JB will draw a warning.

That's not fair...you give me some great names to call you then say if I use them I get a warning. What about Leyland P76? that's an obscure reference to an old car that was not very good.

You can use that and f**kwit66.
It's like what I call you sometimes..... Only joking, I actually thought the place was like a ghost town when you went on enforced holiday even if you do s*** me sometimes. I think Bunk is actually trying to be grown up and leave the past behind and just get on here and be civilised.He's obviously a passionate guy and and is trying to be zen against his nature. It is actually a commendable thing and a few others could follow suit on here.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

I say yes they are.

So the next question would be, would such a hypothetical real world person still hold all of the views that he/she expressed on each?

Because if so, why would they want to return to the forum that they attacked???

Maybe they now think that their assessment of this forum and its denisons was a tad harsh? If so, whilst optional, an expression of such would be a nice touch.

Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend

A bigger issue for me would be if thejustification given for the new alias was based on a play on words, yet was also accompanied by attacking another poster over a supposed 'play on words'. (Sorry, I can't reference that one coz the posts seem to have disappeared. :? )

However, no doubt all the above is hypothetical.

Personally I welcome posts from Joffaboy, Bunk Moreland, Reincarnated or the Easter Bunny. Regardless of the aliases used, it's pretty easy to work out who is/who was who, so not really sure of the need for all the fun and games. But, whatever, right?

Besides, if someone (hypothetically) had posted some stuff that they want to distance themselves from,
well, welcome to a huge club, don't worry, and just continue as a member of the Saintsational family... no need to worry about alias changes IMHO.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Are you people serious? :shock:

Dave McNamara wrote:I say yes they are.

So the next question would be, would such a hypothetical real world person still hold all of the views that he/she expressed on each?

Maybe they now think that their assessment of this forum and its denisons was a tad harsh? If so, whilst optional, an expression of such would be a nice touch.
Talking to yourself is not healthy, and are you another who cannot differentiate between the real world and the internet.

ANd what does this have to do with the OP.

Only thing I can conclude is that you are attempting to bait and continue the persecution of Bunk_Moreland.

I dont know why you had to chime in and not even address the OP, so considered your post reported for baiting and being OT

bigred
Saintsational Legend

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

What did I just read? Can't tell if trolling or serious.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Can a mod ban themselves for off topic?
Can't you take this stuff to other topics and the admin forum?

Middo
Club Player

Bunk_Moreland wrote:

Talking to yourself is not healthy, and are you another who cannot differentiate between the real world and the internet.

ANd what does this have to do with the OP.

Only thing I can conclude is that you are attempting to bait and continue the persecution of Bunk_Moreland.

I dont know why you had to chime in and not even address the OP, so considered your post reported for baiting and being OT
Bunk_Moreland #givemeafknspell

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
evo
Club Player

Jeez there are some weak characters on here. Any more of this "I'm dobbing" and I will puke. It is a robust fan forum not Sunday School lessons FGS !

saintjake
Club Player

The old sparring buddies back at it.
Just confess your love for each other so I don't have to waste time scrolling through your nonsense just to find the good stuff

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Nic discussion - moved from Longer and Hickey thread

:wink:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Re: Nic discussion - moved from Longer and Hickey thread

oh no BM isnt someone with another username thats posted here for years at all is it?
but runs to the mods over one tiny word that is classed as baiting or an insult?
seriously?

child like behavior
IMO
and seeing as its my opinion its within forum rules
thinking someones username is a prev member or someone with another username on the site is NOT breaking forum rules
an opinion without abuse seems to be not in rules 101