Nic discussion - moved from Longer and Hickey thread

The place to discuss issues with administrators and moderators. Suggestions welcome. All bans will be posted here and the banning appeals process will be held in this forum.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Nic discussion - moved from Longer and Hickey thread

st.byron wrote:
stinger wrote:
i accept that there were no threads started...never said they were.......but there is a NOR in that sentence......i'm still not convinced that there were no pm's to the mods requesting punishment..

...now if you can clear this last part up and give the members an assurance...well and good.... :wink: :D ...as yet that remains unanswered....
Happy to reply to any queries anyone has about my 'modding' activities. Strange how being a mod creates a degree of perceived 'separation'.

There was no PM requesting punishment. There was a reported post and in following that up, I suggested that people should respect the poster's wishes and that if they don't, after repeated requests, then it becomes baiting.
Following the reported post, he actually accepted my offer of support, rather than him pushing for his own way and the mods reacting to that.
all good then...just the lawyer in me making sure all bases were covered..... :wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

st.byron wrote:Beau Wilkes changed his name to Beau Maister. As did Lamumba and Brian Lake.
If you had any kind of ongoing interaction with Beau Maister and continued to call him Wilkes, even though he'd made it clear as day that he didn't want to be called that, it might be seen as a bit discourteous. If after his repeated requests to call him Maister, you continued to call him Wilkes even though it clearly pissed him off, then it would be just plain rude and disrespectful.
Interesting example.

Did any of the three players mentioned above have their AFL games-played record set back to zero...?

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:
st.byron wrote:Beau Wilkes changed his name to Beau Maister. As did Lamumba and Brian Lake.
If you had any kind of ongoing interaction with Beau Maister and continued to call him Wilkes, even though he'd made it clear as day that he didn't want to be called that, it might be seen as a bit discourteous. If after his repeated requests to call him Maister, you continued to call him Wilkes even though it clearly pissed him off, then it would be just plain rude and disrespectful.
Interesting example.

Did any of the three players mentioned above have their AFL games-played record set back to zero...?
What's your point Vanessa?

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

st.byron wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:
Interesting example.

Vanessa??? Damn! I didn't think you mods were onto that alias.

I'll reword my question...
Did any of the three players mentioned above have their playing records wiped...?

Sure, different names now, but is not each of them still the same player that he was under his original avatar, I mean, name...? Are any of those three trying to claim otherwise...?

Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

matrix wrote:oh i get it now bunk

youre a child :roll:

you sound like very judgemental and discourteous matrix.

maybe try posting with basic manners, and others on here would take you a bit more seriously.

so it is patently obvious, you dont like the ruling by the mods. That is your issue.

It is not important for you to know or even understand Bunk_Moreland reasons, it is only important for you to abide by the rules.

Try some manners, you may be suprised

You are garbage - Enough said
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Dave McNamara wrote:
st.byron wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:
Interesting example.

Vanessa??? Damn! I didn't think you mods were onto that alias.

Did any of the three players mentioned above have their playing records wiped...?

Sure, different names now, but is not each of them still the same player that he was under his original avatar, I mean, name...? Are any of those three trying to claim otherwise...?
It is not important for you to know or understand Bunk_Moreland's reasons, it is only important for Bunk and the mods to know, and it only important for you to abide by the rule set out.

And Bunk_Moreland has not claimed to be anyone on SS other than Bunk_Moreland, it is only disrespectful, and discourteous other posters attempting to bait and start flame wars by referring to Bunk_Moreland as other nic's whom Bunk_moreland is not.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote: Vanessa??? Damn! I didn't think you mods were onto that alias.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Bunk's sounding more and more like an autobot!

...as long as he doesn't link to furniture in Slovakia, I'm okay with that.

Wonder if he's related to the bigfooty 'essendon' poster 'bunk moreland'?

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

desertsaint wrote:Bunk's sounding more and more like an autobot!

No BM is not anyone from bigfooty.

BM is a saints supporter

BM dont know about Slovakian furniture, but knows about Lake Bled.

desertsaint is fascinating

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote: Vanessa??? Damn! I didn't think you mods were onto that alias.

Oh.

I've never seen much of Austin Powers, but now I get the ref.

Fascinating, not in the same way as DS apparently, but still fascinating.

BTW, just wondering Byron, is Austin Power an avatar?
Is Austin Powers real,
is DS real,
are you real,
is BM's highly entertaining charade for real...?

Just wondering, whilst enjoying the theatre of it all. :wink:

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:

BM is a saints supporter

Lake Bled is actually in Slovenia. Which suggests you're good on the Slovakian furniture fear. Or you are smarter than an autobot. So cross at least one off. And heck, for the flattery I'll just pass you on all three!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

desertsaint wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:

BM is a saints supporter

Lake Bled is actually in Slovenia. Which suggests you're good on the Slovakian furniture fear. Or you are smarter than an autobot. So cross at least one off. And heck, for the flattery I'll just pass you on all three!
BM does not disagree that Lake Bled is in Slovenia, you assumed that BM was associating Lake Bled with Slovakia, in fact the two parts of the above sentence are mutually exclusive. for example BM does not know about Slovakian furniture, but knows about quantum mechanics.

BM was merely attempting to broaden the conversation

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Dave McNamara wrote:

is BM's highly entertaining charade for real...?
What charade? Are you accusing BM of not posting on Saintsational, where all the empirical evidence suggests BM does post on SS?

What is your definition of real? Your avatar? Your nic, your persona on SS? Your writing style?

Selective definitions BM believes.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

sounds a bit like that other poster or his nanny imho....

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:is BM's highly entertaining charade for real...?
What charade? Are you accusing BM of not posting on Saintsational, where all the empirical evidence suggests BM does post on SS?

What is your definition of real? Your avatar? Your nic, your persona on SS? Your writing style?

Selective definitions BM believes.
What is real?
The person behind the avatar/s is real... ie; the person who writes the posts that we all read.

What charade?
It's been spelt out in plenty of posts, but in a nutshell the charade involves:
- abusing Saintsational mods, posters... basically, the whole forum,
- and then storming off swearing never to return...
- and then returning,
- under a different nic.

The first three are fine IMHO... we all get pissed-off and vent... human nature... so hey, welcome back I say. :D

The fourth bit though... is something that any political spin doctor would love, but probably even a political spin doctor... wouldn't try to run with. (The third person writing style is a nice touch though.)

And it's all great theatre. 8-)

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Interesting scenario.

Does a Baitee in fact become a Baiter by overdoing all the Baitee stuff?

Is the Baitee actually goading others into baiting said Baitee?

Hmmmmm :|

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Dave McNamara wrote:What is real?
The person behind the avatar/s is real... ie; the person who writes the posts that we all read.
maybe desertsaint is correct and BM is an autobot. Maybe ask the mods for a ruling. Remember to be big enough to abide by their decisions though
Dave McNamara wrote:What charade?
yes what charade?
Dave McNamara wrote:It's been spelt out in plenty of posts, but in a nutshell the charade involves:
- abusing Saintsational mods, posters... basically, the whole forum,
mistruth
Dave McNamara wrote:- and then storming off swearing never to return...
mistruth
Dave McNamara wrote:- and then returning,
mistruth
Dave McNamara wrote:- under a different nic.
mistruth

Truth - joffaboy posted on bigfooty that he would never post on SS again - please find a post from joffaboy where he has posted since then on SS.

Truth - joffaboy had many conversations with a mod, no abuse, and joffaboy asked to be disabled.

Truth - joffaboy did have robust disagreements with many posters, had many on ignore. Bunk_Moreland, does not engage in this type of forum behaviour and abides by forum rules and moderator decisions

Truth - nobody "stormed off". Facts in your diatribe and rant are in short supply, but it is amusing to Bunk_Moreland that you try and rely the facts of the situation through pure ignorance - very entertaining :D
Dave McNamara wrote:- The first three are fine IMHO... we all get pissed-off and vent... human nature... so hey, welcome back I say. :D
The first three are mistruths borne of ignorance, but carry on :wink: . Why welcome back Bunk_Moreland? That nic has never posted on SS before.
Dave McNamara wrote:- The fourth bit though... is something that any political spin doctor would love, but probably even a political spin doctor... wouldn't try to run with.

You are entitled to your opinion, but BM does not agree, and more importantly the mods dont either. Their decision has been made, however it seems like there are many on here who dont like the umpires decision.

BFUSA decided that the forum needed cleaning up, so the forum rules were re-written, other moderators came on board, and the forum rules STRICTLY enforced.

Now there are a core cabal of miscreants who dont want to play by the rules because it doesn't suit them. They dont want to abide by moderation decisions because they seem to know better, but never want to take on the onerous taks of moderating.

St.Byron has on numerous occasions outline the reasons for his decisions on the Bunk_Moreland being called joffaboy issue. It is RIGHTLY deemed as baiting and against forum rules. The very same ones many on this very thread applauded and backed.

Courage of convictions is a moot point it seems 8-)

Anyway the era of Joffaboy is finished, the era of Bunk_Moreland is here and it doesn't matter how much baiting or provocation recidivist posters use, Bunk_Moreland will not be drawn into petty squabbles and will not be provoked.

Bunk_Moreland will politely point out the error tof the other posters ways, will alert them to the forum rules, give them due warning, and if all else fails, will use the report facility (as the moderators have encouraged BM to do in the above scenario).

It is then up to the moderators to adjudicate on the particular grievence. I will abide by the decisions (again as St.Byron has pointed out at least twice that BM has done so on this issue) of the moderators.

It is a pity others on here think they are above forum rules and wont do the same.
Last edited by Bunk_Moreland on Tue 29 Jul 2014 1:20pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Dr Spaceman wrote:Interesting scenario.

Does a Baitee in fact become a Baiter by overdoing all the Baitee stuff?

Is the Baitee actually goading others into baiting said Baitee?

Hmmmmm :|

To answer your very interesting and thought provoking question DR Spaceman.

The situation is quite simple. The moderators have decided that calling Bunk_Moreland another nic is baiting.

The reasons for this were outlined to the moderators by BM and they were accepted as valid.

It is not important for yourself or anybody else to know the reasons.

However it is important for you and others to

a) abided by the forum rules
b) abide by moderator decisions
c) show a modicum of courtesy towards a very reasonable request from a fellow Saints supporter and contributor to Saintsational.

Unfortunately point c is in short supply, which is very disappointing to Bunk_Moreland.

I am sure a valued and sensible contributer such as yourself would be disappointed as Bunk_Moreland is Dr.Spaceman.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

i for one am pleased that joffaboy has left the building so to speak and is no longer a forum member,......means that the rules as they apply to current members no longer apply to that former poster..and posters should now be able to fully express what they thought of the now long departed poster......big footy is welcome to him ...imho....

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Can this thread please be moved to the under 10's kiddies forum.

Thanks in advance. :D

stinger wrote:i for one am pleased that joffaboy has left the building so to speak and is no longer a forum member,......means that the rules as they apply to current members no longer apply to that former poster..and posters should now be able to fully express what they thought of the now long departed poster......big footy is welcome to him ...imho....

you have every right to express that opinion as joffaboy over at bigfooty may express that opinion of stinger over there where stinger has posted in his frequent suspensions.

however stinger, you will find that Bunk_Moreland will not engage in such petty, infantile squabbling on Saintsational, especially towards a valuable and highly thought of long time poster as stinger.

Anything said by any poster about some disable nic has no bearing on Bunk_Moreland, except of course when it is directed at him. In that case it will be reported as baiting and the moderators have already made the decision on that issue.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

8856brother wrote:Can this thread please be moved to the under 10's kiddies forum.

Thank you for your highly valuable contribution.

It was worth you logging in for you to share that with us.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
stinger wrote:i for one am pleased that joffaboy has left the building so to speak and is no longer a forum member,......means that the rules as they apply to current members no longer apply to that former poster..and posters should now be able to fully express what they thought of the now long departed poster......big footy is welcome to him ...imho....

you have every right to express that opinion as joffaboy over at bigfooty may express that opinion of stinger over there where stinger has posted in his frequent suspensions.

however stinger, you will find that Bunk_Moreland will not engage in such petty, infantile squabbling on Saintsational, especially towards a valuable and highly thought of long time poster as stinger.

Anything said by any poster about some disable nic has no bearing on Bunk_Moreland, except of course when it is directed at him. In that case it will be reported as baiting and the moderators have already made the decision on that issue.
i've posted on big footy have i....???...what a load of crap...where is your proof....i used to post there but have not done so for several years for reasons that are none of your business...certainly i didn't post there during my last ban this year...wtf would i want to...???

ps...i just checked........2010 was my last post on that forum......
Last edited by stinger on Tue 29 Jul 2014 1:53pm, edited 1 time in total.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
8856brother wrote:Can this thread please be moved to the under 10's kiddies forum.

Thank you for your highly valuable contribution.

It was worth you logging in for you to share that with us.
No probs. You're a real card. Some real quality stuff in here. At least I only waste a sentence, and 30 seconds of my life writing my dribble. :)

stinger wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:

i've posted on big footy have i....???...what a load of crap...where is your proof....i used to post there but have not done so for several years for reasons that are none of your business...certainly i didn't post there during my last ban this year...wtf would i want to...???

ps...i just checked........2010 was my last post on that forum......

thats interesting. There must be another stinger or The Stinger over there.

Anyway thats terrific, and you have no objection to joffaboy at bigfooty what he feels about the SS stinger?

thats really good. Rest assured, Bunk_Moreland will never engage in such demeaning and infantile behaviour at SS, especially to a valued and loyal Saints fan.