Nic discussion - moved from Longer and Hickey thread

The place to discuss issues with administrators and moderators. Suggestions welcome. All bans will be posted here and the banning appeals process will be held in this forum.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Re: Nic discussion - moved from Longer and Hickey thread

leave that to gazrat.
... he has a special contempt for the SS version.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Principle of Q'uo wrote:leave that to gazrat.
... he has a special contempt for the SS version.

OK, however, I am led to believe that this gazrat you speak of doesn't post on SS anymore.

You are garbage - Enough said
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Ah stuff it. Post deleted.

Still don't know why the charade, but it's a bit of fun.

Main thing is it's good to have a poster back. 8-)
Last edited by Dave McNamara on Tue 29 Jul 2014 5:58pm, edited 1 time in total.

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
asiu
Saintsational Legend

how exquisitely observant u are bunk.
gazrat would be / is be , very impressed.
:)

gazrat admires opportunities presented
via bunks brave new worlds of realities

banning a non member seems beyond even our
own Putins possibilities 'n pontifications.

gazrat has much to ponder.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
stinger wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
stinger wrote:i for one am pleased that joffaboy has left the building so to speak and is no longer a forum member,......means that the rules as they apply to current members no longer apply to that former poster..and posters should now be able to fully express what they thought of the now long departed poster......big footy is welcome to him ...imho....

you have every right to express that opinion as joffaboy over at bigfooty may express that opinion of stinger over there where stinger has posted in his frequent suspensions.

however stinger, you will find that Bunk_Moreland will not engage in such petty, infantile squabbling on Saintsational, especially towards a valuable and highly thought of long time poster as stinger.

Anything said by any poster about some disable nic has no bearing on Bunk_Moreland, except of course when it is directed at him. In that case it will be reported as baiting and the moderators have already made the decision on that issue.
i've posted on big footy have i....???...what a load of crap...where is your proof....i used to post there but have not done so for several years for reasons that are none of your business...certainly i didn't post there during my last ban this year...wtf would i want to...???

ps...i just checked........2010 was my last post on that forum......

thats interesting. There must be another stinger or The Stinger over there.

Anyway thats terrific, and you have no objection to joffaboy at bigfooty what he feels about the SS stinger?

thats really good. Rest assured, Bunk_Moreland will never engage in such demeaning and infantile behaviour at SS, especially to a valued and loyal Saints fan.
didn't even know that someone on big footy posts under the nic of stinger...not me...never has been.. never seen anything posted by such a person...don't know if he is an imposter or someone innocently taking that nic...don't care either.....my nic over on big footy is way way different to that....and i couldn't give a rats what you posted about me...either here or on big footy.....never have...never will...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:Ah stuff it. Post deleted.

your view on this matter is not universally shared....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

your view on this matter is not universally shared....

I dont think many would be upset whoever it is is that is back. Its good for the forum unless you just want people who agree with you. I do have a question for the mods though and its relevent to both myself and Stinger. The new poster BM claims that he is a new poster and the old one doesnt exist which is ok. What if I, plugger66 stop posting and then request that you delete that or whatever you have done with the other poster and then I get approvel to start a new nic does that mean my 2 bans start again because i have been told that BM is a new poster. If thats the case I may do it because I dont want to be banned forever. It surely makes sense because the old poster isnt a real person so plugger66 wouldnt then be a real person.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

I dont think many would be upset whoever it is is that is back. Its good for the forum unless you just want people who agree with you. I do have a question for the mods though and its relevent to both myself and Stinger. The new poster BM claims that he is a new poster and the old one doesnt exist which is ok. What if I, plugger66 stop posting and then request that you delete that or whatever you have done with the other poster and then I get approvel to start a new nic does that mean my 2 bans start again because i have been told that BM is a new poster. If thats the case I may do it because I dont want to be banned forever. It surely makes sense because the old poster isnt a real person so plugger66 wouldnt then be a real person.
Bloody hell Plugger. I'm laughing here. Degree of difficulty of that question = 10. Will get back to you.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Actually, I prefer to be called Maestro 8-)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Bloody hell Plugger. I'm laughing here. Degree of difficulty of that question = 10. Will get back to you.

Dont worry I wouldnt do it anyway. Just trying to see what it all means. If I am stupid enough to get banned again then I prbably deserve a life ban even though the last ban was totally unfair IMO. It just raises an interesting point.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Shortest post you've ever written Dave :D

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
st.byron wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Dont worry I wouldnt do it anyway. Just trying to see what it all means. If I am stupid enough to get banned again then I prbably deserve a life ban even though the last ban was totally unfair IMO. It just raises an interesting point.
Plugger66 may be banned. But Plugger'66 would be welcome to join our forum.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
asiu
Saintsational Legend

ps...i just checked........2010 was my last post on that forum......
not October 29th 2012
... or did u forget about that Id ?????

ahhhhhh , but how could ya , you last logged in at 12.29 today.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
st.byron wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

LOL plugger66 ...love the lateral thinking.

If for example someone was theoretically on 2 bans, he / she would have a hard time convincing the admin to allow him /her to change his / her nic and deleting the other nic ... but either way the 2 existing ban record could simply be moved to the new nic by changing the nic name and deleting the posting history of the old nic ... but not the warnings / bans recorded ... so no actual gain there. That is lots of work so i doubt we would agree to do it, just so someone could avoid receiving a lifetime ban!

And we can ban by nic, e-mail address and I.P. address as our options.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:
desertsaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
st.byron wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

If for example someone was theoretically on 2 bans, he / she would have a hard time convincing the admin to allow him /her to change his / her nic and deleting the other nic ... but either way the 2 existing ban record could simply be moved to the new nic by changing the nic name and deleting the posting history of the old nic ... but not the warnings / bans recorded ... so no actual gain there. That is lots of work so i doubt we would agree to do it, just so someone could avoid receiving a lifetime ban!

That makes sense but we have been told we will get warnings for calling BM another nic because that nic now doesnt exist and the nics arent real people they are just avatars. Still say the mods went overboard agreeing to warnings for calling someone another nic when we know they are the same person actually typing. I now want warnings for people calling me p66. Now how silly is that?

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

A bit serious for a footy forum...isn't it all meant to be a bit of fun? :D

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:
desertsaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
st.byron wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

That makes sense but we have been told we will get warnings for calling BM another nic because that nic now doesnt exist and the nics arent real people they are just avatars. Still say the mods went overboard agreeing to warnings for calling someone another nic when we know they are the same person actually typing. I now want warnings for people calling me p66. Now how silly is that?

Are you still being so discourteous and sooky because the mods, with all the information that you dont have, has made a decision.

Can the mods please get back to this OP in response to P66's question about coming back clean from bans with a new nic.

While they are at it, can they please inform the forum on this thread how many times the disabled nic joffaboy was banned from Saintsational.

The answer to the question may be in there :wink:

And Plugger66, if you dont want to be referred to as P66, Bunk_Moreland is happy and courteous enough to comply with your wishes.

Respect and courtesy is in short supply on the internet, but BM will show he is above the pettiness and whinging because things haven't go the way BM DEMANDS them to be.

So Plugger66 what do you want to be known as? Oh are you disabling your nic and enabling a new one? Or are you just being a might petty?

Wouldn't want to lose those hard won 40,000 posts would you? :mrgreen: :wink:

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Cairnsman wrote:A bit serious for a footy forum...isn't it all meant to be a bit of fun? :D

No this is serious stuff Cairnsman. Apparently it is killing some longtime posters to comply with a mods ruling.

Would rather bring the forum down with farce than show a modicum of respect and courtesy for the wishes of a fellow Saints supporter, and the ruling of a mod.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

desertsaint wrote:

Shortest post you've ever written Dave :D
Almost. :wink:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:A bit serious for a footy forum...isn't it all meant to be a bit of fun? :D

No this is serious stuff Cairnsman. Apparently it is killing some longtime posters to comply with a mods ruling.

Would rather bring the forum down with farce than show a modicum of respect and courtesy for the wishes of a fellow Saints supporter, and the ruling of a mod.

Bring the forum down? How over the top is that. Again just pointing out how IMO silly it is to get warned for calling someone another nic for what ever reasons. Now if it was a bad name then I could understand but that other nic that I wont say is just 2 letters and they are only short for a person that used to be on TV. Hardly worth a warning but I will and have abided by it. Wont stop me thinking of reasons why the ruling is stupid. I did notice the word pettiness in the other thread by you. Now really. By the way you can call me anything you like. And I mean that because as pointed out by you and others we arent real so nothing offends me. And I can tell you I couldnt be less serious. I think its all hilarious.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Bring the forum down? How over the top is that.
Dont know Plugger66, are you willfully going to not heed a mod directive because you dont agree?
plugger66 wrote: Again just pointing out how IMO silly it is to get warned for calling someone another nic for what ever reasons.
It is not important what you think is silly or not, you do not have all the facts, however the mods do and have made a decision, BM cant see why it is so hard for you and others to come to grips with this simple concept.
plugger66 wrote: Now if it was a bad name then I could understand but that other nic that I wont say is just 2 letters and they are only short for a person that used to be on TV.
Not BM's concern if you think the name is not bad. BM's only concern is that the mods made a ruling after they were PM'ed with the reasons. Those reasons are not your concern.
plugger66 wrote: Hardly worth a warning but I will and have abided by it.
So you wont get a warning. See how simple it is.

BM doesn't think anyone has got a warning as yet. Really if a poster is intent on baiting after it is made clear that doing what they do in referring to Bunk_Moreland as another nic, and has been politely asked to stop, well they will be reported.

This is the strategy the moderators have asked BM to adopt. Why is it causing you such angst?
plugger66 wrote: Wont stop me thinking of reasons why the ruling is stupid.
You dont believe in respecting the wishes of others? You only respect your own opinion? You think the moderators are stupid?
plugger66 wrote: I did notice the word pettiness in the other thread by you.
Very perceptive
plugger66 wrote: Now really. By the way you can call me anything you like.
BM respects your wishes and your opinions Plugger66, so thank you. If at anytime that changes, BM will be the first to be courteous to your wishes. Basic manners is all that is required.
plugger66 wrote: And I mean that because as pointed out by you and others we arent real so nothing offends me. And I can tell you I couldnt be less serious. I think its all hilarious.
Plugger66 is a nic, Bunk_Moreland is a nic, both are internet persona's. If you believe that have any basis in reality, you are mistaken.

And BM is glad to lighten your day, if you find BM's deeply held wishes "hilarious". BM is happy that you derive pleasure at the disrespect others have just not for BM and his wishes, but for the moderators, the forum rules that they moderate, and the decisions the moderators make based on those forum rules.

If that is what you get from this, BM has no control over that, but BM is saddened there is so much deliberate nastiness in the world. Only you can control that negativity P66.

BM hopes you find a way to.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

BM will always be biGmarT to me… sorry bunk.

I was thinking of being re-baptised too, what do you think of spunk_whoreland or monk_fourskin?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Bring the forum down? How over the top is that.
Dont know Plugger66, are you willfully going to not heed a mod directive because you dont agree?
plugger66 wrote: Again just pointing out how IMO silly it is to get warned for calling someone another nic for what ever reasons.
It is not important what you think is silly or not, you do not have all the facts, however the mods do and have made a decision, BM cant see why it is so hard for you and others to come to grips with this simple concept.
plugger66 wrote: Now if it was a bad name then I could understand but that other nic that I wont say is just 2 letters and they are only short for a person that used to be on TV.
Not BM's concern if you think the name is not bad. BM's only concern is that the mods made a ruling after they were PM'ed with the reasons. Those reasons are not your concern.
plugger66 wrote: Hardly worth a warning but I will and have abided by it.
So you wont get a warning. See how simple it is.

BM doesn't think anyone has got a warning as yet. Really if a poster is intent on baiting after it is made clear that doing what they do in referring to Bunk_Moreland as another nic, and has been politely asked to stop, well they will be reported.

This is the strategy the moderators have asked BM to adopt. Why is it causing you such angst?
plugger66 wrote: Wont stop me thinking of reasons why the ruling is stupid.
You dont believe in respecting the wishes of others? You only respect your own opinion? You think the moderators are stupid?
plugger66 wrote: I did notice the word pettiness in the other thread by you.
Very perceptive
plugger66 wrote: Now really. By the way you can call me anything you like.
BM respects your wishes and your opinions Plugger66, so thank you. If at anytime that changes, BM will be the first to be courteous to your wishes. Basic manners is all that is required.
plugger66 wrote: And I mean that because as pointed out by you and others we arent real so nothing offends me. And I can tell you I couldnt be less serious. I think its all hilarious.
Plugger66 is a nic, Bunk_Moreland is a nic, both are internet persona's. If you believe that have any basis in reality, you are mistaken.

And BM is glad to lighten your day, if you find BM's deeply held wishes "hilarious". BM is happy that you derive pleasure at the disrespect others have just not for BM and his wishes, but for the moderators, the forum rules that they moderate, and the decisions the moderators make based on those forum rules.

If that is what you get from this, BM has no control over that, but BM is saddened there is so much deliberate nastiness in the world. Only you can control that negativity P66.

BM hopes you find a way to.

Again an impressive break down of quotes and again I find it hilarious. thanks for making me laugh. Just one thing though. People can find something stupid and not mean the mods are stupid. Way over the top that comment. And i have respected your wishes but i can still think they are stupid. And until told otherwise i will continue to point out examples as to why i think its stupid if an example comes up that I think proves its stupid. Doesnt mean I will bother to get warning for calling you the other nic. As ive pointed out before I would rather get a warning dfor what I class as a real breaking of the rules.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

good point plugga...thanx for bringing it up.... :wink:

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote: Again an impressive break down of quotes and again I find it hilarious. thanks for making me laugh. Just one thing though. People can find something stupid and not mean the mods are stupid. Way over the top that comment. And i have respected your wishes but i can still think they are stupid. And until told otherwise i will continue to point out examples as to why i think its stupid if an example comes up that I think proves its stupid. Doesnt mean I will bother to get warning for calling you the other nic. As ive pointed out before I would rather get a warning dfor what I class as a real breaking of the rules.

Interesting P66.

I enjoy your thinking. Just a little perplexed that you used stupid a number of times (inference???), and begrudgingly accepted the mods decision.

BM finds it facinating that you would address some of the previous post, but completely disregard the parts about basic manners, and courtesy. BM supposes it is a bit more rock and roll to label someones wishes "stupid" than to accord them basic courtesy and basic manners.

Oh well, only you can change your negative and quite rude demeaner. Its all up to you P66.