FEEDBACK ON GENERAL FORUM

The place to discuss issues with administrators and moderators. Suggestions welcome. All bans will be posted here and the banning appeals process will be held in this forum.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

FEEDBACK ON GENERAL FORUM

Postby BackFromUSA » Thu 12 Jun 2014 12:31am

The suggestion has been made that the single General Forum was batter than a multi topic general forum.

Here is a chance for all those interested to state their case and preference.

Comments will be reviewed and a decision to keep it as is or merge into one forum will be made after that.

Thanks

Simon
AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2012"
User avatar
BackFromUSA
SS Life Member
 
Posts: 3706
Joined: Tue 09 Mar 2004 12:38am

Re: FEEDBACK ON GENERAL FORUM

Postby Sainternist » Thu 12 Jun 2014 2:15am

Yeah, bring back the ye olde General Forum. That way I can read all of Stinger and Grumpy One's threads without having to go from section to another :mrgreen:
The Saints are looking prettay...prettay...prettay...PRETTY GOOD!
Image
User avatar
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 9473
Joined: Thu 11 Mar 2004 12:57am
Location: South of Heaven

Re: FEEDBACK ON GENERAL FORUM

Postby plugger66 » Thu 12 Jun 2014 8:51am

Old one better. Been a big drop off here lately. Dont know why.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 50626
Joined: Mon 26 Feb 2007 8:15pm
Location: oakleigh

Re: FEEDBACK ON GENERAL FORUM

Postby Dave McNamara » Thu 12 Jun 2014 9:37am

plugger66 wrote:Old one better.

Didn't know you were unwell, but great to hear that you've recovered Pluggs. :D



As for the GF... IMHO I don't see a need for all the sub-forums. I don't think we currently have the volume to sustain them. One GF is much easier to navigate it seems.

That said, I've never found it to be an issue... for those who log-in, you then just click on the 'new posts' option, and they all come up, regardless of which forum the post is in.
It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hArSps&feature=player_detailpage

Matt Finnis CEO wrote:"St Kilda is an iconic part of Melbourne which has an identifiable attitude and spirit that is really aligned with where we want to take the club. It is grounded but it is aspirational, it is eclectic, everyone belongs, and we say how do we capture that as an identity? It would be a good move on so many levels for the club."
User avatar
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 5189
Joined: Wed 21 Sep 2011 2:44pm
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Re: FEEDBACK ON GENERAL FORUM

Postby GrumpyOne » Thu 12 Jun 2014 12:27pm

Sainternist wrote:Yeah, bring back the ye olde General Forum. That way I can read all of Stinger and Grumpy One's threads without having to go from section to another :mrgreen:


Don't worry Sainternist, Stinger and I are in negotiation with a publisher to issue our collection of respective insults in paperback form. Coming soon to a recycle depot near you.

I cannot see the point in dividing up the GF myself. The current system just makes it more difficult to read.
Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
User avatar
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 8163
Joined: Wed 17 Mar 2010 9:25am
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Re: FEEDBACK ON GENERAL FORUM

Postby desertsaint » Thu 12 Jun 2014 2:41pm

Was a bit like dividing the main forum into player issues, coach issues, match day, general whinge, drunken rants, look at me, sack the bastard, etc. only with way less traffic.
"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
User avatar
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 6850
Joined: Sun 27 Apr 2008 2:02pm
Location: out there

Re: FEEDBACK ON GENERAL FORUM

Postby SENsei » Thu 12 Jun 2014 5:27pm

BackFromUSA wrote:The suggestion has been made that the single General Forum was batter than a multi topic general forum.

Here is a chance for all those interested to state their case and preference.

Comments will be reviewed and a decision to keep it as is or merge into one forum will be made after that.

Thanks

Simon


I don't know if it was 'batter' :? ......but my opinion is that it is too cumbersome to navigate to see the updated postings and I personally just don't bother any more. The GF was my first port of call, now I don't even look because I can't be bothered checking all the sub forums. The previous incarnation was great because everything was in one place....much like the public bar at the local....all the clowns having a beer and chewing the fat, for better or worse. I found it much easier to see new postings the old way.
Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
User avatar
SENsei
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 7126
Joined: Mon 05 Jun 2006 8:25pm

Re: FEEDBACK ON GENERAL FORUM

Postby Dr Spaceman » Thu 12 Jun 2014 5:54pm

SENsaintsational wrote:I found it much easier to see new postings the old way.


A bit like a recent post from Dave, but when accessing this site I always go to "View unread posts" from the main Index.

This then only brings up threads with unread posts and brings them up regardless of which forum or sub forum they're in. Easy as :)

I've even bookmarked it as "Saintsational - View unread posts" so that I go straight to that view. Nothing new from anyone? Just try again a bit later :wink:
User avatar
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 13958
Joined: Thu 24 Sep 2009 11:07pm
Location: Newtown Institute of Saintology

Re: FEEDBACK ON GENERAL FORUM

Postby HarryM » Thu 12 Jun 2014 7:08pm

It was as easy as pie to navigate your way around, just follow the dates. :D

How on earth do most of you find your way to pre School in the morning?
HarryM
Club Player
 
Posts: 584
Joined: Fri 14 Jun 2013 6:38pm
Location: Ferretville

Re: FEEDBACK ON GENERAL FORUM

Postby st.byron » Thu 12 Jun 2014 7:16pm

SENsaintsational wrote:
I don't know if it was 'batter' :? ......but my opinion is that it is too cumbersome to navigate to see the updated postings and I personally just don't bother any more. The GF was my first port of call, now I don't even look because I can't be bothered checking all the sub forums. The previous incarnation was great because everything was in one place....much like the public bar at the local....all the clowns having a beer and chewing the fat, for better or worse. I found it much easier to see new postings the old way.


Likewise. The various sub forums are a turn off. I used to enjoy the General Forum. It was easy to browse through all the different topics at once. Now, with all the sub-forums, it's too cumbersome and I don't browse or post there any more.
User avatar
st.byron
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 7596
Joined: Tue 14 Jun 2005 7:04pm
Location: Mullum

Re: FEEDBACK ON GENERAL FORUM

Postby 8856brother » Thu 12 Jun 2014 8:43pm

Dr Spaceman wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:I found it much easier to see new postings the old way.


A bit like a recent post from Dave, but when accessing this site I always go to "View unread posts" from the main Index.

This then only brings up threads with unread posts and brings them up regardless of which forum or sub forum they're in. Easy as :)

I've even bookmarked it as "Saintsational - View unread posts" so that I go straight to that view. Nothing new from anyone? Just try again a bit later :wink:

The only way to read this site Doc imo. I dont know what forum the threads are from, but I do know I'm only reading new posts.
_______________________________________________________________________
"Don't argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
User avatar
8856brother
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 4354
Joined: Wed 14 Sep 2011 2:58pm
Location: Twin Peaks

Re: FEEDBACK ON GENERAL FORUM

Postby 8856brother » Thu 12 Jun 2014 9:20pm

Dr Spaceman wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:I found it much easier to see new postings the old way.


A bit like a recent post from Dave, but when accessing this site I always go to "View unread posts" from the main Index.

This then only brings up threads with unread posts and brings them up regardless of which forum or sub forum they're in. Easy as :)

I've even bookmarked it as "Saintsational - View unread posts" so that I go straight to that view. Nothing new from anyone? Just try again a bit later :wink:

The only way to read this site Doc imo. I dont know what forum the threads are from, but I do know I'm only reading new posts.
_______________________________________________________________________
"Don't argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
User avatar
8856brother
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 4354
Joined: Wed 14 Sep 2011 2:58pm
Location: Twin Peaks

Re: FEEDBACK ON GENERAL FORUM

Postby 8856brother » Thu 12 Jun 2014 9:20pm

Dr Spaceman wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:I found it much easier to see new postings the old way.


A bit like a recent post from Dave, but when accessing this site I always go to "View unread posts" from the main Index.

This then only brings up threads with unread posts and brings them up regardless of which forum or sub forum they're in. Easy as :)

I've even bookmarked it as "Saintsational - View unread posts" so that I go straight to that view. Nothing new from anyone? Just try again a bit later :wink:

The only way to read this site Doc imo. I dont know what forum the threads are from, but I do know I'm only reading new posts.
_______________________________________________________________________
"Don't argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
User avatar
8856brother
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 4354
Joined: Wed 14 Sep 2011 2:58pm
Location: Twin Peaks

Re: FEEDBACK ON GENERAL FORUM

Postby BackFromUSA » Sun 29 Jun 2014 9:23am

It seems there is nobody really advocating that the sub forums remain. If there is no additional comment in a week I shall start the process of merging into one forum.
AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2012"
User avatar
BackFromUSA
SS Life Member
 
Posts: 3706
Joined: Tue 09 Mar 2004 12:38am

Re: FEEDBACK ON GENERAL FORUM

Postby GrumpyOne » Sun 29 Jun 2014 7:06pm

BackFromUSA wrote:It seems there is nobody really advocating that the sub forums remain. If there is no additional comment in a week I shall start the process of merging into one forum.


Good news.
Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
User avatar
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 8163
Joined: Wed 17 Mar 2010 9:25am
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Re: FEEDBACK ON GENERAL FORUM

Postby HarryM » Wed 02 Jul 2014 3:57pm

GrumpyOne wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:It seems there is nobody really advocating that the sub forums remain. If there is no additional comment in a week I shall start the process of merging into one forum.


Good news.


Of course it is good news, to some.

The rush to put their names to it remaining like it is, is quite evident of that.
HarryM
Club Player
 
Posts: 584
Joined: Fri 14 Jun 2013 6:38pm
Location: Ferretville

Re: FEEDBACK ON GENERAL FORUM

Postby asiu » Wed 02 Jul 2014 4:10pm

Oranges are round ?

Every poster in the place ,
asked for it not be turned into the first Animal Enclosure ,
when the assault on the General Forum was in full swing.

Every poster in the place presented the one simple
option that needed to be executed for community harmony.

... but what happened ?

***************

Can we please remove the word 'New'
from in front of the words General Forum.

that piece of political grandstanding
sticks in my throat like a feltchers bum hair must.
Image
.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.
asiu
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 4844
Joined: Thu 08 Apr 2010 8:11pm

Re: FEEDBACK ON GENERAL FORUM

Postby asiu » Wed 02 Jul 2014 7:03pm

how can there be '5 guests' in here with a Bot (Baidu Spider)
if u have to sign in for access ?
Image
.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.
asiu
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 4844
Joined: Thu 08 Apr 2010 8:11pm

Re: FEEDBACK ON GENERAL FORUM

Postby HardSaint » Thu 03 Jul 2014 3:15pm

I'm all for the old format - any topic thrown into the one forum - there are certain topics that span all the listed categories, for example - News / Politics / Entertainment / Odd Spot
I think the Forum participation is much more enhanced if its all in....
User avatar
HardSaint
SS Life Member
 
Posts: 3416
Joined: Mon 29 Aug 2005 1:58pm

Re: FEEDBACK ON GENERAL FORUM

Postby plugger66 » Thu 03 Jul 2014 3:41pm

HardSaint wrote:I'm all for the old format - any topic thrown into the one forum - there are certain topics that span all the listed categories, for example - News / Politics / Entertainment / Odd Spot
I think the Forum participation is much more enhanced if its all in....



Im guessing you would Tony Abbott comes under all those topics.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 50626
Joined: Mon 26 Feb 2007 8:15pm
Location: oakleigh

Re: FEEDBACK ON GENERAL FORUM

Postby HardSaint » Sat 05 Jul 2014 12:26pm

plugger66 wrote:
HardSaint wrote:I'm all for the old format - any topic thrown into the one forum - there are certain topics that span all the listed categories, for example - News / Politics / Entertainment / Odd Spot
I think the Forum participation is much more enhanced if its all in....


Im guessing you would Tony Abbott comes under all those topics.


Playing the man again huh?
User avatar
HardSaint
SS Life Member
 
Posts: 3416
Joined: Mon 29 Aug 2005 1:58pm

Re: FEEDBACK ON GENERAL FORUM

Postby plugger66 » Sat 05 Jul 2014 12:39pm

HardSaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
HardSaint wrote:I'm all for the old format - any topic thrown into the one forum - there are certain topics that span all the listed categories, for example - News / Politics / Entertainment / Odd Spot
I think the Forum participation is much more enhanced if its all in....


Im guessing you would Tony Abbott comes under all those topics.


Playing the man again huh?



Hope you are joking because i was clearly joking. Have a laugh. Its really good for you.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 50626
Joined: Mon 26 Feb 2007 8:15pm
Location: oakleigh

Re: FEEDBACK ON GENERAL FORUM

Postby HardSaint » Tue 08 Jul 2014 11:34am

plugger66 wrote: Hope you are joking because i was clearly joking. Have a laugh. Its really good for you.


Clearly?
User avatar
HardSaint
SS Life Member
 
Posts: 3416
Joined: Mon 29 Aug 2005 1:58pm

Re: FEEDBACK ON GENERAL FORUM

Postby plugger66 » Tue 08 Jul 2014 12:47pm

HardSaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote: Hope you are joking because i was clearly joking. Have a laugh. Its really good for you.


Clearly?



Yes clearly.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 50626
Joined: Mon 26 Feb 2007 8:15pm
Location: oakleigh

Re: FEEDBACK ON GENERAL FORUM

Postby HardSaint » Wed 09 Jul 2014 3:19pm

plugger66 wrote:
HardSaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote: Hope you are joking because i was clearly joking. Have a laugh. Its really good for you.


Clearly?


Yes clearly.


My eyes are pretty good and it wasnt that clear you were joking, unless having a dip is your idea of joking
User avatar
HardSaint
SS Life Member
 
Posts: 3416
Joined: Mon 29 Aug 2005 1:58pm

Next

Return to Administration Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests