Re: PROPOSED UPDATED RULES

The place to discuss issues with administrators and moderators. Suggestions welcome. All bans will be posted here and the banning appeals process will be held in this forum.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Re: PROPOSED UPDATED RULES

Postby BackFromUSA » Thu 15 May 2014 10:14pm

Cairnsman wrote:Is the voting system secure?

Can we use it for other democratic processes?

BTW, I nominated for the moderators position, why did it have to be done in secrecy and would it be possible to get some feedback as to why my application was not successful?

Simon you said you removed yourself from the process and would leave it to Buckets to consider my application, can I ask what the process was as I never heard back from Buckets


The voting system is not secure but I wanted to provide some avenue of appeal to a ban ... and for that purpose I do not believe people will go to the trouble of creating multiple sign ins by using IP masking ... just to vote against a ban ... although I may underestimate the passion of some on here ... but for what they deem to be bigger issues I feel they will.

Yes you nominated. I did ask Buckets to review. We received other nominations. Those selected are long time members with excellent posting records and NO warnings ever.
AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2012"
User avatar
BackFromUSA
SS Life Member
 
Posts: 3744
Joined: Tue 09 Mar 2004 12:38am

Moderator Decision

Postby BackFromUSA » Thu 15 May 2014 10:18pm

Cairnsman has asked two question as to why he was not selected as a moderator and whether the voting system for bap appeals was secure in the proposed new rules thread and I haved moved it here as it is a more appropriate discussion in the administration forum.

It is open for discussion here.
AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2012"
User avatar
BackFromUSA
SS Life Member
 
Posts: 3744
Joined: Tue 09 Mar 2004 12:38am

Re: PROPOSED UPDATED RULES

Postby perfectionist » Thu 15 May 2014 10:21pm

Cairnsman wrote:...BTW, I nominated for the moderators position, why did it have to be done in secrecy and would it be possible to get some feedback as to why my application was not successful?


You're kidding, right? How about looking at your last few year's of posts for a start. With the possible exception of a few posters, some banned, no-one would be happy to see you as a moderator.

You have the unique ability to disregard the fact that YOU are part of the problem and NOT part of the solution - as a moderator anyway.

And if you are only looking for suck up responses then you shouldn't have posted your request on the open board, rather than doing it via a pm. But LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME, can be so much more rewarding - for attention seekers anyway.

The expanded moderator panel seems OK to me, but time will tell. The most important thing is to play no favourites. It means then, avoiding certain discussions even though you would like to contribute.
User avatar
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 7093
Joined: Mon 30 Jul 2007 3:06pm

Re: PROPOSED UPDATED RULES

Postby Cairnsman » Thu 15 May 2014 10:48pm

perfectionist wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:...BTW, I nominated for the moderators position, why did it have to be done in secrecy and would it be possible to get some feedback as to why my application was not successful?


You're kidding, right? How about looking at your last few year's of posts for a start. With the possible exception of a few posters, some banned, no-one would be happy to see you as a moderator.

You have the unique ability to disregard the fact that YOU are part of the problem and NOT part of the solution - as a moderator anyway.

And if you are only looking for suck up responses then you shouldn't have posted your request on the open board, rather than doing it via a pm. But LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME, can be so much more rewarding - for attention seekers anyway.

The expanded moderator panel seems OK to me, but time will tell. The most important thing is to play no favourites. It means then, avoiding certain discussions even though you would like to contribute.


Ummm, this ia a bit akward but the request by BFUSA was for nominations via PM.

Hey look here you scared little sniping squirrel, if you are only going to sneak out of your little possum hole to spit a bit of cheek and then scurry back to your warm blanky and slippers by the fire place then at least get your facts right.

The silent majority...pfft!
Image
User avatar
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu 16 Jun 2005 10:38pm
Location: Everywhere

Re: PROPOSED UPDATED RULES

Postby Cairnsman » Fri 16 May 2014 7:54am

BackFromUSA wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:Is the voting system secure?

Can we use it for other democratic processes?

BTW, I nominated for the moderators position, why did it have to be done in secrecy and would it be possible to get some feedback as to why my application was not successful?

Simon you said you removed yourself from the process and would leave it to Buckets to consider my application, can I ask what the process was as I never heard back from Buckets


The voting system is not secure but I wanted to provide some avenue of appeal to a ban ... and for that purpose I do not believe people will go to the trouble of creating multiple sign ins by using IP masking ... just to vote against a ban ... although I may underestimate the passion of some on here ... but for what they deem to be bigger issues I feel they will.

Yes you nominated. I did ask Buckets to review. We received other nominations. Those selected are long time members with excellent posting records and NO warnings ever.


Simon I have only had 3 warnings in 10 years, all of which you have given me since I called you out on your secret agenda to commercialise Saintsational.

In that time you have also had to give yourself a warning because I called you out for breaking the rule that doesn't allow posters to publish information in PMs into the open forum.

There are also other examples where you have broken the rules in this time but didn't give yourself a warning.

So why are you a moderator if you don't pass your own the selection process and criteria?
Image
User avatar
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu 16 Jun 2005 10:38pm
Location: Everywhere

Re: Re: PROPOSED UPDATED RULES

Postby BackFromUSA » Fri 16 May 2014 11:14pm

Firstly I was NEVER EVER going to commercialise Saintsational ... that is YOUR little fantasy. Quite simply ... I don't need the money. Why would i bother? I do this for LOVE not MONEY. In fact over the years I have put in more $s than would be logical. How about paying for 20+ saintsationalists at a fundraising dinner + donations.

I have read your posting history and if the rules had been properly moderated before me you would have had dozens of warnings! Your clean record does not reflect your posting style or contributions on Saintsational. We simply had BETTER moderation candidates. People who have stepped forward to create a strong group of 5.

I have been posting here for 15 years - never ever been warned, until i gave myself one. I have never been in conflict with anyone until your unjustified harassment.

I took your bait on some occasions and crossed the line ... the alternative was not to respond and allow you continue to lie and misquote me for your own agenda.

I thought you were going to start your own forum where people can bait, abuse, swear etc ... and I thought you were going to leave the dying Saintsational to us kids.

I guess the simple solution is this ... I shall stop responding and put you on ignore. There are 4 other moderators active on the board now. They can moderate you.

Best of luck cairnsman.
AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2012"
User avatar
BackFromUSA
SS Life Member
 
Posts: 3744
Joined: Tue 09 Mar 2004 12:38am

Re: PROPOSED UPDATED RULES

Postby asiu » Fri 16 May 2014 11:44pm

You're the bloody head moderator Simon.
... putting Cairnsman on iggy isnt on.

Fair Dinkum.

Not a good look nor well handled.

Theres quite a lot of goodwill for you
... work the process , own your mess ups 'n keep workn it
and you'll be respected.

Playing smartarse / mr elite / lost patience power games wont cut it
... nor does the community deserve that.
Image
.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.
asiu
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 4862
Joined: Thu 08 Apr 2010 8:11pm

Re: Re: PROPOSED UPDATED RULES

Postby Cairnsman » Sat 17 May 2014 12:07am

BackFromUSA wrote:Firstly I was NEVER EVER going to commercialise Saintsational ... that is YOUR little fantasy. Quite simply ... I don't need the money. Why would i bother? I do this for LOVE not MONEY. In fact over the years I have put in more $s than would be logical. How about paying for 20+ saintsationalists at a fundraising dinner + donations.

I have read your posting history and if the rules had been properly moderated before me you would have had dozens of warnings! Your clean record does not reflect your posting style or contributions on Saintsational. We simply had BETTER moderation candidates. People who have stepped forward to create a strong group of 5.

I have been posting here for 15 years - never ever been warned, until i gave myself one. I have never been in conflict with anyone until your unjustified harassment.

I took your bait on some occasions and crossed the line ... the alternative was not to respond and allow you continue to lie and misquote me for your own agenda.

I thought you were going to start your own forum where people can bait, abuse, swear etc ... and I thought you were going to leave the dying Saintsational to us kids.

I guess the simple solution is this ... I shall stop responding and put you on ignore. There are 4 other moderators active on the board now. They can moderate you.

Best of luck cairnsman.


Why do you feel the need to bignote yourself. That must be the 3rd time you have told me that you flick some money around. Have you ever stopped to think that there might be others that give but don't like the world to know it. You should try lowering your pedestal sometime and ask questions.

If I could copy some of our correspondence from PMs into this thread without you giving me a warning I would. You don't like me because I have dared to challenge you, dared to hold you to account. I do not hold any ill feeling towards you. I am just trying to keep you honest.


It's a shame you have me on ignore, I think that weakens you.
Image
User avatar
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu 16 Jun 2005 10:38pm
Location: Everywhere

Re: PROPOSED UPDATED RULES

Postby BackFromUSA » Sat 17 May 2014 10:55am

Principle of Q'uo wrote:You're the bloody head moderator Simon.
... putting Cairnsman on iggy isnt on.

Fair Dinkum.

Not a good look nor well handled.

Theres quite a lot of goodwill for you
... work the process , own your mess ups 'n keep workn it
and you'll be respected.

Playing smartarse / mr elite / lost patience power games wont cut it
... nor does the community deserve that.


The other moderators can still moderate.

If they feel there is an issue they can act or PM me to see if I want to respond.

If something new comes up then I shall attend to it.

I have answered EVERY question and accusation already and it is the same stuff over and over.

No need to keep going over old ground and FALSE accusations etc and making me justify myself and the decisions made with WHOLE community consultation.

Even the new rules starting this weekend have been done with full week of community consultation.

If anyone is unwilling to abide by those rules - they are welcome to leave.
AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2012"
User avatar
BackFromUSA
SS Life Member
 
Posts: 3744
Joined: Tue 09 Mar 2004 12:38am

Re: PROPOSED UPDATED RULES

Postby Cairnsman » Sat 17 May 2014 12:39pm

BackFromUSA wrote:
Principle of Q'uo wrote:You're the bloody head moderator Simon.
... putting Cairnsman on iggy isnt on.

Fair Dinkum.

Not a good look nor well handled.

Theres quite a lot of goodwill for you
... work the process , own your mess ups 'n keep workn it
and you'll be respected.

Playing smartarse / mr elite / lost patience power games wont cut it
... nor does the community deserve that.


The other moderators can still moderate.

If they feel there is an issue they can act or PM me to see if I want to respond.

If something new comes up then I shall attend to it.

I have answered EVERY question and accusation already and it is the same stuff over and over.

No need to keep going over old ground and FALSE accusations etc and making me justify myself and the decisions made with WHOLE community consultation.

Even the new rules starting this weekend have been done with full week of community consultation.

If anyone is unwilling to abide by those rules - they are welcome to leave.


Absolutely no argument that you've answered each question albeit in the Nixon style of creating two sides with your silent majority versus the radical minority.

For the time being I am glad that our adversarial relationship resulted in you aborting your personal plan and in part returning to the want of the members. To this end I pass on my personal thanks and appreciation.


In passing I would like to leave you with this final sentiment:


Simon although you constantly boast of flicking out your hard-earned,

Although you constantly remind us that your contribution is all for love,

Although you claim you represent the silent majority,

I hope one day you realise there are others,

others that have some coins to drop,

Some love to give,

Some ideas,

Some differences,

Others that hope these things they have,

are not diminished or diluted under your self appointed control.

Love Cairnsman.
Image
User avatar
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu 16 Jun 2005 10:38pm
Location: Everywhere


Return to Administration Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests