Is Saintsational dying or coming to life???

The place to discuss issues with administrators and moderators. Suggestions welcome. All bans will be posted here and the banning appeals process will be held in this forum.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Is Saintsational dying or coming to life???

Hey looks like the "all ages" policy is finally starting to attract the kids.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Robinson one week, Murphy and White no charge.

Cairnsman

Well the all ages moderation (the rule was ALWAYS there) is attracting traffic to the site :-)

8pm Monday:

In total there are 88 users online :: 26 registered, 7 hidden and 55 guests

And 8.15pm

In total there are 90 users online :: 35 registered, 7 hidden and 48 guests

The traffic has been building daily / weekly for the past month.

Thought you were saying that I was personally responsible for killing Saintsational and you had great joy telling everyone here and on big footy it was dying under my "regime".

How is your breakaway site going?

As for Riewoldt - he is brave and competes in the air against 2 or 3 on most occasions and the opposition slam his body in the air and after a marking contest to wear him down and he gets very few free kicks in proportion to the number of infringements

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Robinson one week, Murphy and White no charge.

BackFromUSA wrote:Well it is attractive traffic to the site :-)

8pm Monday:

Thought you were saying that I was personally responsible for killing Saintsationaland it was dying under my "regime".
Those stats don't mean much unless you have comparisons to other time periods. I think the thread creation and subsequent contributions of posts is very slow by comparison to other time periods which is a more accurate measure IMO.

Moreover the registered users is the figure to keep our eye on as they equal posters that might actaully be contributing threads/posts. I notice users online is usually about 3 to one versus registered users. If I have three or four devices all logged in at the same time which I imagine is not uncommon for members then the figures would be further distorted.

Hey but Simon...give yourself a big pat on the back...you did good. Continuous improvement is the key and we should now keep our eye on the all ages theme and also move to this 7 man admin and also look at making sure SS remains independent and owned by the members... :D :wink:

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:

8pm Monday:

Thought you were saying that I was personally responsible for killing Saintsationaland it was dying under my "regime".
Those stats don't mean much unless you have comparisons to other time periods. I think the thread creation and subsequent contributions of posts is very slow by comparison to other time periods which is a more accurate measure IMO.

Moreover the registered users is the figure to keep our eye on as they equal posters that might actaully be contributing threads/posts. I notice users online is usually about 3 to one versus registered users. If I have three or four devices all logged in at the same time which I imagine is not uncommon for members then the figures would be further distorted.

Hey but Simon...give yourself a big pat on the back...you did good. Continuous improvement is the key and we should now keep our eye on the all ages theme and also move to this 7 man admin and also look at making sure SS remains independent and owned by the members... :D :wink:
Grasping at straws now.

Been keeping records since your claim here and on Big Footy that Saintsational is being killed.

Good luck with your new site.

Don't use the Saintastional domain name that you registered using an Australian Business Number!!!

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:

8pm Monday:

Grasping at straws now.

Been keeping records since your claim here and on Big Footy that Saintsational is being killed.

Don't use the Saintastional domain name that you registered using an Australian Business Number!!!
Lighten up Simon. You are doing good. Just don't see the need for anyone to pat themselves on the back just yet. Just out of curiosity have you got any records before you started proving yourself right...only joking...as I say Sime...keep up the good work

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Is Saintsational dying or coming to life???

Are you looking for a fight Simon?

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I hate it when two posters use SS as their own little slanging match/pissing contest forum

Seriously

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:I hate it when two posters use SS as their own little slanging match/pissing contest forum

Seriously
Who said you haven't got a sense of humour...I like it.

james rose
Club Player

BackFromUSA wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:

8pm Monday:

Grasping at straws now.

Even if he did use a Saintsational related domain name I think you'd have a hard time stopping him- especially if like Saintsational it ran as a not for profit.

Even if you did have a case it would presumably have to be Damien who took action- or did you buy the domain off him?

james rose
Club Player

Also couple of points.

1) AFL can't shut this down, its a non for profit that isn't claiming ownership or pretending to be associated with the AFL. Trust me I know about this as they actually sent my website a cease and desist.

2) Whoever registered the .au domain, used an ABN because it is a REQUIREMENT for getting a domain of that time, your assertion that they did so for financial gain is either ignorant or deceitful.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

james rose wrote:Also couple of points.

1) AFL can't shut this down, its a non for profit that isn't claiming ownership or pretending to be associated with the AFL. Trust me I know about this as they actually sent my website a cease and desist.

2) Whoever registered the .au domain, used an ABN because it is a REQUIREMENT for getting a domain of that time, your assertion that they did so for financial gain is either ignorant or deceitful.
Its a little bit from column A and a little bit from column B.

But there is also a little bit from column C which is the attribute some people have that allows them to think they have got everyone covered with their superior intelligence which sometimes leads to ignorance and deceitfulness.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Sad to see a moderator engaging in pissing contests with a poster. Last time that happened, the parting gesture from the then Mod was to eliminate a number of posters and their histories, and then disappear into the sunset.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:Sad to see a moderator engaging in pissing contests with a poster. Last time that happened, the parting gesture from the then Mod was to eliminate a number of posters and their histories, and then disappear into the sunset.
Yeah and just to set the record straight GO I didn't even create this thread...BFUSA created it in my name...he created the title and everything...not sure what he hoped to achieved but it certainly is concerning.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
Yeah and just to set the record straight GO I didn't even create this thread...BFUSA created it in my name...he created the title and everything...not sure what he hoped to achieved but it certainly is concerning.
Truth ?

.... didnt u start this in the Ham Forum
then it got moved here .... leaving the ghost entrance over there ?

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Principle of Q'uo wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Truth ?

.... didnt u start this in the Ham Forum
then it got moved here .... leaving the ghost entrance over there ?

Glad you asked, I'm into the truth, here is an accurate account of events:

jamesmc posted a comment in this thread viewtopic.php?f=1&t=85663 about Roo that seemed to raise the ire of #gosaintas to which then caused jamesmc to perform a search on #gosaintas posting history with the sole purpose of regurgitating some of #gosaintas old posts regarding Roo that jamesmc had previously and obviously taken umbridge with and proceeded to paste in said thread and offending thread.

Where I come into it is I then posted the comment that now resides in the OP of this thread.

What BFUSA then did was cut out my post to make this new thread and also concocted the provocative title. He also copied this new and deceitful thread into two places being this admin forum and the kiddies forum.

I thought my post was just a humorous remark to the observation of two posters having a little tiff. I understand the sensitivity of my post but I would have thought a moderator of BFUSA's standing would not lower himself in such a manner.

As a side note I thought it was odd that the bickering posters were a bit naughty and broke some rules along the way of which were completely ignored by the moderator of the time (and still remain unpunished).

I did nufink! and just in case you were wondering, I am unaffected by the traumatic event and do not wish to pursue the matter any further nor will I seek compensation or an apology.
Last edited by Cairnsman on Thu 15 May 2014 8:12pm, edited 1 time in total.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

hmmmmmmm.

cut a thread to start another
(all within gazetted power)

to give himself a dorithy dixer
(with the free kick taken)

... seems to be the observation.

no wonder you asked if he was pickn a fight?

politics is a dirty game it seems.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Principle of Q'uo wrote:hmmmmmmm.

cut a thread to start another
(all within gazetted power)

to give himself a dorithy dixer
(with the free kick taken)

... seems to be the observation.

no wonder you asked if he was pickn a fight?

politics is a dirty game it seems.
That's exactly why the question was asked.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

It would appear that a prima facie abuse of power has taken place. However, to be fair, I will refrain from judgement until BFUSA has had a chance to respond in this thread.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Nothing sinister here.

Cairnsman's post was made in another thread on another subject.

When I transferred the post I stuffed the transfer (somehow lost the rest of the post) and couldn't reverse it.

Cairnsman wrote that line ... and i felt it was worthy of debate in the admin forum rather than in the fan forum.

I altered the heading to make it relate to the topic raised.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

u call your initial and second post in this thread 'debate' ?
(i havnt bothered re-reading past those 2)

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:Nothing sinister here.

When I transferred the post I stuffed the transfer (somehow lost the rest of the post) and couldn't reverse it.

Cairnsman wrote that line ... and i felt it was worthy of debate in the admin forum rather than in the fan forum.

The fact of the matter is my post should have been left were it was. The reason for this thread is obviously not for any of the reasons you claim. Contempt is all that is.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Nothing sinister here.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:Nothing sinister here.

I am prepared to call it a lapse of judgement on BFUSA's part.

I am sure that things would have been done differently with the benefit of hindsight.

Moving on.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

hmmmmmmmm.

ok then.done.

i do admire a man of Principle.

...but he owes ya one.

ps.
... it'd be nice if any future 'split' threads were so noted.

BackFromTheChinaCafe
Club Player

Principle of Q'uo wrote:... it'd be nice if any future 'split' threads were so noted.
Confucius say… man who put head on railroad track to listen for train likely to end up with splitting headache.