Suggestion Box

The place to discuss issues with administrators and moderators. Suggestions welcome. All bans will be posted here and the banning appeals process will be held in this forum.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Posts: 8163
Joined: Wed 17 Mar 2010 9:25am
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Re: Suggestion Box

Post by GrumpyOne »

matrix wrote:i guess this so called owner you (admins and mods( have to bow down in front of has gone into hiding again and wants no part of re vamping the site
well
if you dont keep up with change, you will slowly fade out


i see the dimmer switch is already installed

This.


Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
User avatar
SENsei
Saintsational Legend
Posts: 7128
Joined: Mon 05 Jun 2006 8:25pm

Re: Suggestion Box

Post by SENsei »

I am on record as saying that voting and boards of control are a waste of time.

But I must also admit to some strong frustration as a user of this site of the lack of interest and input from the owner. I respect his right to own, but the site needs to be updated and it has been over 12 months now since updates were promised.

I'm SEN and that's my take.


Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
User avatar
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend
Posts: 7377
Joined: Thu 16 Jun 2005 10:38pm
Location: Everywhere
Has thanked: 189 times
Been thanked: 276 times

Re: Suggestion Box

Post by Cairnsman »

SEN just to bring you up to speed there is a submission to replace the proposal for a voting system with a survey system. The system would work similar to how we do match day voting and it would provide a much more transparent and objective method for determining what members want. The proposed system would replace the current "majority rules" system that neither transparent or object. The "majority rules" system is not capable of working backwards from what the market wants.

It is felt that a survey system would help give the members a better voice and also help measure what might be good or bad decisions when it comes to making significant changes to the site.

It is also felt that a survey system could also allow BFUSA to maintain his tight grip of control over the site but put some checks and balances in place so he doesn't ride rough-shot and operate autonomously of SS members and possibly kill the site completely by making changes to the site that only suit the silent majority.


plugger66
Saintsational Legend
Posts: 50626
Joined: Mon 26 Feb 2007 8:15pm
Location: oakleigh

Re: Suggestion Box

Post by plugger66 »

Cairnsman wrote:SEN just to bring you up to speed there is a submission to replace the proposal for a voting system with a survey system. The system would work similar to how we do match day voting and it would provide a much more transparent and objective method for determining what members want. The proposed system would replace the current "majority rules" system that neither transparent or object. The "majority rules" system is not capable of working backwards from what the market wants.

It is felt that a survey system would help give the members a better voice and also help measure what might be good or bad decisions when it comes to making significant changes to the site.

It is also felt that a survey system could also allow BFUSA to maintain his tight grip of control over the site but put some checks and balances in place so he doesn't ride rough-shot and operate autonomously of SS members and possibly kill the site completely by making changes to the site that only suit the silent majority.

Can I say both systems are wanks if its ok and i dont get a warning other wise i think the mods should decide everything as long as common sense is the main rule.


User avatar
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Posts: 8163
Joined: Wed 17 Mar 2010 9:25am
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Re: Suggestion Box

Post by GrumpyOne »

plugger66 wrote: Can I say both systems are wanks if its ok and i dont get a warning other wise i think the mods should decide everything as long as common sense is the main rule.
And how would that work Plug?

How would you ensure that the Mods are applying the Common Sense Rule?

What would you do if they didn't?


Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend
Posts: 50626
Joined: Mon 26 Feb 2007 8:15pm
Location: oakleigh

Re: Suggestion Box

Post by plugger66 »

GrumpyOne wrote:
plugger66 wrote: Can I say both systems are wanks if its ok and i dont get a warning other wise i think the mods should decide everything as long as common sense is the main rule.
And how would that work Plug?

How would you ensure that the Mods are applying the Common Sense Rule?

What would you do if they didn't?

Well unlike most on all these forums I trust most people. I may come across as a wanker but my first instinct is to trust people. The other option is to think people will stuff up. maybe thats why I still have my same friends from the age on 12.

And if they dont and I dont like it, I dont post here anymore.


User avatar
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Posts: 8163
Joined: Wed 17 Mar 2010 9:25am
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Re: Suggestion Box

Post by GrumpyOne »

plugger66 wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
plugger66 wrote: Can I say both systems are wanks if its ok and i dont get a warning other wise i think the mods should decide everything as long as common sense is the main rule.
And how would that work Plug?

How would you ensure that the Mods are applying the Common Sense Rule?

What would you do if they didn't?

Well unlike most on all these forums I trust most people. I may come across as a wanker but my first instinct is to trust people. The other option is to think people will stuff up. maybe thats why I still have my same friends from the age on 12.

And if they dont and I dont like it, I dont post here anymore.
So, in other words, you don't give a stuff.

Then why did you bother commenting?


Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend
Posts: 50626
Joined: Mon 26 Feb 2007 8:15pm
Location: oakleigh

Re: Suggestion Box

Post by plugger66 »

GrumpyOne wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
plugger66 wrote: Can I say both systems are wanks if its ok and i dont get a warning other wise i think the mods should decide everything as long as common sense is the main rule.
And how would that work Plug?

How would you ensure that the Mods are applying the Common Sense Rule?

What would you do if they didn't?

Well unlike most on all these forums I trust most people. I may come across as a wanker but my first instinct is to trust people. The other option is to think people will stuff up. maybe thats why I still have my same friends from the age on 12.

And if they dont and I dont like it, I dont post here anymore.
So, in other words, you don't give a stuff.

Then why did you bother commenting?

Strange that you come to that conclusion but i saw something strange from you previously that I didnt think a person who I thought had common sense would say. is it only people who dont trust others that should comment. I didnt realise that. Seems a weird way of doing things. Sorry but I will comment even if my first instinct is to trust others.


User avatar
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend
Posts: 7377
Joined: Thu 16 Jun 2005 10:38pm
Location: Everywhere
Has thanked: 189 times
Been thanked: 276 times

Re: Suggestion Box

Post by Cairnsman »

P66 I think you understand that there are community minded people that contribute to our world and help make it go round. You see these types at football clubs all the time, they don't run without these types of people. I'm tipping that you probably get involved in the odd issue at your club. Maybe you don't. Maybe you are constantly the lucky beneficiary of other peoples contributions, or as you call it, 'common sense' and are blissfully unaware of the fact.


plugger66
Saintsational Legend
Posts: 50626
Joined: Mon 26 Feb 2007 8:15pm
Location: oakleigh

Re: Suggestion Box

Post by plugger66 »

Cairnsman wrote:P66 I think you understand that there are community minded people that contribute to our world and help make it go round. You see these types at football clubs all the time, they don't run without these types of people. I'm tipping that you probably get involved in the odd issue at your club. Maybe you don't. Maybe you are constantly the lucky beneficiary of other peoples contributions, or as you call it, 'common sense' and are blissfully unaware of the fact.

Dont get your point but yes heavily involved in my footy club and again my first instinct is to trust others until proven otherwise. I trust the mods to do the right thing until proven they cant. If i was a mod I wouldnt survey anyone. I may ask for questions so maybe that is a survey but whatevet happens I wouldnt let us vote on anything. The only thing the mods should do is get this site to its full potential technically wise. All the other stuff like who runs the show and who is a mod and what should be a warning should be done fully by mods and as long as warnings are given with common sense then there should be no issues on this site.


User avatar
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend
Posts: 7377
Joined: Thu 16 Jun 2005 10:38pm
Location: Everywhere
Has thanked: 189 times
Been thanked: 276 times

Re: Suggestion Box

Post by Cairnsman »

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:P66 I think you understand that there are community minded people that contribute to our world and help make it go round. You see these types at football clubs all the time, they don't run without these types of people. I'm tipping that you probably get involved in the odd issue at your club. Maybe you don't. Maybe you are constantly the lucky beneficiary of other peoples contributions, or as you call it, 'common sense' and are blissfully unaware of the fact.

Dont get your point but yes heavily involved in my footy club and again my first instinct is to trust others until proven otherwise. I trust the mods to do the right thing until proven they cant. If i was a mod I wouldnt survey anyone. I may ask for questions so maybe that is a survey but whatevet happens I wouldnt let us vote on anything. The only thing the mods should do is get this site to its full potential technically wise. All the other stuff like who runs the show and who is a mod and what should be a warning should be done fully by mods and as long as warnings are given with common sense then there should be no issues on this site.

Don't get your point about Trust, it doesn't make sense in the context of the discussion. Other than that I agree with most of what you say except I think that moderation and administration are separate management issues and that the overall management of the website should be undertaken by Administration and that the moderators should be controlled by the Admin. I also think that administration should have a mechanism for receiving feedback from the members that forms part of their decision making processes.

So the submission to introduce a survey system is not intended to be part of how moderation is managed, but more how the overall site is managed especially when it comes to proposals for significant website changes. I can see why you are fixated on moderation though considering your strong relationship with the moderation team. :D


User avatar
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Posts: 8163
Joined: Wed 17 Mar 2010 9:25am
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Re: Suggestion Box

Post by GrumpyOne »

plugger66 wrote:
Strange that you come to that conclusion but i saw something strange from you previously that I didnt think a person who I thought had common sense would say. is it only people who dont trust others that should comment. I didnt realise that. Seems a weird way of doing things. Sorry but I will comment even if my first instinct is to trust others.
Strange?

I think you have me confused with a Boltiphile..... They are always saying strange things on here.

The general apathy that you demonstrate along with many others on here is hindering the progress of the forum.

Bugger all to do with trust.....which by the way tends to be earned, not given away in cornflake packets.


Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend
Posts: 50626
Joined: Mon 26 Feb 2007 8:15pm
Location: oakleigh

Re: Suggestion Box

Post by plugger66 »

GrumpyOne wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Strange that you come to that conclusion but i saw something strange from you previously that I didnt think a person who I thought had common sense would say. is it only people who dont trust others that should comment. I didnt realise that. Seems a weird way of doing things. Sorry but I will comment even if my first instinct is to trust others.
Strange?

I think you have me confused with a Boltiphile..... They are always saying strange things on here.

The general apathy that you demonstrate along with many others on here is hindering the progress of the forum.

Bugger all to do with trust.....which by the way tends to be earned, not given away in cornflake packets.

Again I didnt realise apathy meant you dont trust others. GO i dont get what you mean. Complaining means you dont have apathy. Now that weird.


User avatar
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Posts: 8163
Joined: Wed 17 Mar 2010 9:25am
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Re: Suggestion Box

Post by GrumpyOne »

plugger66 wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Strange that you come to that conclusion but i saw something strange from you previously that I didnt think a person who I thought had common sense would say. is it only people who dont trust others that should comment. I didnt realise that. Seems a weird way of doing things. Sorry but I will comment even if my first instinct is to trust others.
Strange?

I think you have me confused with a Boltiphile..... They are always saying strange things on here.

The general apathy that you demonstrate along with many others on here is hindering the progress of the forum.

Bugger all to do with trust.....which by the way tends to be earned, not given away in cornflake packets.

Again I didnt realise apathy meant you dont trust others. GO i dont get what you mean. Complaining means you dont have apathy. Now that weird.
Now you are the one who doesn't make sense. Try not to post after you have been to the pub. :roll:


Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend
Posts: 50626
Joined: Mon 26 Feb 2007 8:15pm
Location: oakleigh

Re: Suggestion Box

Post by plugger66 »

GrumpyOne wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Strange that you come to that conclusion but i saw something strange from you previously that I didnt think a person who I thought had common sense would say. is it only people who dont trust others that should comment. I didnt realise that. Seems a weird way of doing things. Sorry but I will comment even if my first instinct is to trust others.
Strange?

I think you have me confused with a Boltiphile..... They are always saying strange things on here.

The general apathy that you demonstrate along with many others on here is hindering the progress of the forum.

Bugger all to do with trust.....which by the way tends to be earned, not given away in cornflake packets.

Again I didnt realise apathy meant you dont trust others. GO i dont get what you mean. Complaining means you dont have apathy. Now that weird.
Now you are the one who doesn't make sense. Try not to post after you have been to the pub. :roll:

Thats right. i forgot that you seem to know things about me but have never met me. Really strange and make it even worse completely wrong. By the way why cant you post after going to the pub? By the way you never did get back to me about about pub friends not being real friends. That was another strange comment.


User avatar
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend
Posts: 7377
Joined: Thu 16 Jun 2005 10:38pm
Location: Everywhere
Has thanked: 189 times
Been thanked: 276 times

Re: Suggestion Box

Post by Cairnsman »

plugger66 wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Strange that you come to that conclusion but i saw something strange from you previously that I didnt think a person who I thought had common sense would say. is it only people who dont trust others that should comment. I didnt realise that. Seems a weird way of doing things. Sorry but I will comment even if my first instinct is to trust others.
Strange?

I think you have me confused with a Boltiphile..... They are always saying strange things on here.

The general apathy that you demonstrate along with many others on here is hindering the progress of the forum.

Bugger all to do with trust.....which by the way tends to be earned, not given away in cornflake packets.

Again I didnt realise apathy meant you dont trust others. GO i dont get what you mean. Complaining means you dont have apathy. Now that weird.
Now you are the one who doesn't make sense. Try not to post after you have been to the pub. :roll:

Thats right. i forgot that you seem to know things about me but have never met me. Really strange and make it even worse completely wrong. By the way why cant you post after going to the pub? By the way you never did get back to me about about pub friends not being real friends. That was another strange comment.
To be fair P66 it is a pretty easy guess to when you have been on the juice. Not that there is anything wrong with drinking, unless of coarse it effects relationships which I'm sure in your case it doesn't because you still hang around people you knew when you were 12. Maybe your drinking has effected other relationships, maybe it hasn't, who would know on here but but it certainly looks like you get a little more prickly on here after a few ales.


plugger66
Saintsational Legend
Posts: 50626
Joined: Mon 26 Feb 2007 8:15pm
Location: oakleigh

Re: Suggestion Box

Post by plugger66 »

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Strange that you come to that conclusion but i saw something strange from you previously that I didnt think a person who I thought had common sense would say. is it only people who dont trust others that should comment. I didnt realise that. Seems a weird way of doing things. Sorry but I will comment even if my first instinct is to trust others.
Strange?

I think you have me confused with a Boltiphile..... They are always saying strange things on here.

The general apathy that you demonstrate along with many others on here is hindering the progress of the forum.

Bugger all to do with trust.....which by the way tends to be earned, not given away in cornflake packets.

Again I didnt realise apathy meant you dont trust others. GO i dont get what you mean. Complaining means you dont have apathy. Now that weird.
Now you are the one who doesn't make sense. Try not to post after you have been to the pub. :roll:

Thats right. i forgot that you seem to know things about me but have never met me. Really strange and make it even worse completely wrong. By the way why cant you post after going to the pub? By the way you never did get back to me about about pub friends not being real friends. That was another strange comment.
To be fair P66 it is a pretty easy guess to when you have been on the juice. Not that there is anything wrong with drinking, unless of coarse it effects relationships which I'm sure in your case it doesn't because you still hang around people you knew when you were 12. Maybe your drinking has effected other relationships, maybe it hasn't, who would know on here but but it certainly looks like you get a little more prickly on here after a few ales.

I post mostly crap and most of those posts are done during the week days when I never have a drink so like GO you have got it completely wrong. Glad both of you know me so well. maybe ive come to the conclusion you both have no idea but as I dont know either of you maybe I wont come to that conclussion.


User avatar
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend
Posts: 7377
Joined: Thu 16 Jun 2005 10:38pm
Location: Everywhere
Has thanked: 189 times
Been thanked: 276 times

Re: Suggestion Box

Post by Cairnsman »

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Strange that you come to that conclusion but i saw something strange from you previously that I didnt think a person who I thought had common sense would say. is it only people who dont trust others that should comment. I didnt realise that. Seems a weird way of doing things. Sorry but I will comment even if my first instinct is to trust others.
Strange?

I think you have me confused with a Boltiphile..... They are always saying strange things on here.

The general apathy that you demonstrate along with many others on here is hindering the progress of the forum.

Bugger all to do with trust.....which by the way tends to be earned, not given away in cornflake packets.

Again I didnt realise apathy meant you dont trust others. GO i dont get what you mean. Complaining means you dont have apathy. Now that weird.
Now you are the one who doesn't make sense. Try not to post after you have been to the pub. :roll:

Thats right. i forgot that you seem to know things about me but have never met me. Really strange and make it even worse completely wrong. By the way why cant you post after going to the pub? By the way you never did get back to me about about pub friends not being real friends. That was another strange comment.
To be fair P66 it is a pretty easy guess to when you have been on the juice. Not that there is anything wrong with drinking, unless of coarse it effects relationships which I'm sure in your case it doesn't because you still hang around people you knew when you were 12. Maybe your drinking has effected other relationships, maybe it hasn't, who would know on here but but it certainly looks like you get a little more prickly on here after a few ales.

I post mostly crap and most of those posts are done during the week days when I never have a drink so like GO you have got it completely wrong. Glad both of you know me so well. maybe ive come to the conclusion you both have no idea but as I dont know either of you maybe I wont come to that conclussion.
I must apologise then P66, I reckon most people on SS would attribute alcohol as the reason for the crap you post.


plugger66
Saintsational Legend
Posts: 50626
Joined: Mon 26 Feb 2007 8:15pm
Location: oakleigh

Re: Suggestion Box

Post by plugger66 »

Cairnsman wrote:



I must apologise then P66, I reckon most people on SS would attribute alcohol as the reason for the crap you post.

Well most people are wrong. I can post crap completely sober. Whats your excuse?


User avatar
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend
Posts: 7377
Joined: Thu 16 Jun 2005 10:38pm
Location: Everywhere
Has thanked: 189 times
Been thanked: 276 times

Re: Suggestion Box

Post by Cairnsman »

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:



I must apologise then P66, I reckon most people on SS would attribute alcohol as the reason for the crap you post.

Well most people are wrong. I can post crap completely sober. Whats your excuse?
Yeah but does that stop em thinking you are a drunk! The draw back of anonymous internet characters...you don't get to know the real personality disorder.


plugger66
Saintsational Legend
Posts: 50626
Joined: Mon 26 Feb 2007 8:15pm
Location: oakleigh

Re: Suggestion Box

Post by plugger66 »

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:



I must apologise then P66, I reckon most people on SS would attribute alcohol as the reason for the crap you post.

Well most people are wrong. I can post crap completely sober. Whats your excuse?
Yeah but does that stop em thinking you are a drunk! The draw back of anonymous internet characters...you don't get to know the real personality disorder.

But you can have a good guess. I have guessed yours but it changes all the time. Im going for a Sybil type with you.


User avatar
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Posts: 8163
Joined: Wed 17 Mar 2010 9:25am
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Re: Suggestion Box

Post by GrumpyOne »

plugger66 wrote:I post mostly crap.

No comment.


Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend
Posts: 50626
Joined: Mon 26 Feb 2007 8:15pm
Location: oakleigh

Re: Suggestion Box

Post by plugger66 »

GrumpyOne wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I post mostly crap.

No comment.

At least I know it. When will you realise your in the same boat?


User avatar
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend
Posts: 7377
Joined: Thu 16 Jun 2005 10:38pm
Location: Everywhere
Has thanked: 189 times
Been thanked: 276 times

Re: Suggestion Box

Post by Cairnsman »

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:



I must apologise then P66, I reckon most people on SS would attribute alcohol as the reason for the crap you post.

Well most people are wrong. I can post crap completely sober. Whats your excuse?
Yeah but does that stop em thinking you are a drunk! The draw back of anonymous internet characters...you don't get to know the real personality disorder.

But you can have a good guess. I have guessed yours but it changes all the time. Im going for a Sybil type with you.
Just when you think you know an anonymous internet character, who would have thought your interests venture outside of public bars, the TAB and brothels.

Good guess BTW.


User avatar
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Posts: 8163
Joined: Wed 17 Mar 2010 9:25am
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Re: Suggestion Box

Post by GrumpyOne »

plugger66 wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I post mostly crap.

No comment.

At least I know it. When will you realise your in the same boat?
It's "you're" Plug.... The abbreviation for "you are".

And you share that boat with more than a couple of others here.


Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
Post Reply