Bring back former posters

The place to discuss issues with administrators and moderators. Suggestions welcome. All bans will be posted here and the banning appeals process will be held in this forum.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Re: Bring back former posters

dragit wrote:I think it's just the nature of these things… win some, lose some.

Sure you've lost a few old favourites…

But on the plus side you now have dragit, Dr Spaceman, gringo, oldmate, Con Gorozidis, stevie, HitTheBoundary, Dave McNamara, Tony74, sainterK etc etc etc…

Let's be honest, the new breed are pretty damn fun! :D

We definitely do need more satchmo, bigred and cowboy18 though
Nine outta' ten! A 90% success rate. Not too shabby. :idea:

And hey Dragstar, don't forget Angry Bear, St Byron, Gabba, Bluthy, Sunsaint, Thomas, Skeptic, Harry M ( :D ) and Sainternist amongst others.
Also be nice to hear more from Nymeria, Bakes Fan, True Believer, Austinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, Verdun66, Pwoit, St Igmata, Winmar7 and Grant Thomas amongst others... and James Rose. Hey James, ignore your 'critics', feel free to post some not 'the same' opinions. :)

And I just know I've had a brain-fade and forgotten several other star posters. :oops:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:

But on the plus side you now have dragit, Dr Spaceman, gringo, oldmate, Con Gorozidis, stevie, HitTheBoundary, Dave McNamara, Tony74, sainterK etc etc etc…

And hey Dragstar, don't forget Angry Bear, St Byron, Gabba, Bluthy, Sunsaint, Thomas, Skeptic, Harry M ( :D ) and Sainternist amongst others.
Also be nice to hear more from Nymeria, Bakes Fan, True Believer, Austinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, Verdun66, Pwoit, St Igmata, Winmar7 and Grant Thomas amongst others... and James Rose. Hey James, ignore your 'critics', feel free to post some not 'the same' opinions. :)

And I just know I've had a brain-fade and forgotten several other star posters. :oops:

Dave who were you previously because I have been here for 7 years and cant even place a couple of those.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

plugger66 wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote: Nine outta' ten! A 90% success rate. Not too shabby. :idea:

Dave who were you previously because I have been here for 7 years and cant even place a couple of those.
Hi Pluggs, or should I say..., hi bro. Yes, that's right. Time to get this secret out in the open.

I was on here briefly in the very early daze. I then left and retired my alias. About that time one of the early site crashes wiped from the internetty all record of my erudite, incisive and fearless posting. :( (See, I was better back then. :wink: ) So when I did return many years years later, my old alias had a new owner...

Yes, I was originally (cue the dramatic music)... Plugger66 :shock: :shock: :shock:

Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
james rose
Club Player

Dave McNamara wrote:

Not really worried about the critics these days.

Although I must say when I was a 17 year old kid who just left school and I was smashed for trying to be a journalist it did turn me off the place. Especially those who were blatantly hypocritical in their comments. To be honest I'm probably going to go through and delete all my old contributions (and this one) tomorrow.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Nymeria called me an unusual name in response to one of my posts, I cannot remember what it was,
but everyone thought it a scream.

She needs to come on here again (I know she is a lady, she said so)

Hey I might do a search for that post.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
asiu
Saintsational Legend

"Not really worried about the critics these days."

mate ,
if u know in your heart that that statement is true ,
you've been granted a huge gift at a great age.

lots of my generation struggle/d with the inner & outer critic into their bloody fifties.

everyone faces the 'critic' in some format or context.
... well done for choosing to believe in yourself .
maybe u actually owe the ignoramuses of ss a debt of gratitude ,
for giving u the opportunity to slay that dragon.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

WellardSaint wrote:Nymeria called me an unusual name in response to one of my posts, I cannot remember what it was,

Found it.
Nymeria called me a "poltroon" hahaha
she said she had called her father a "poltroon" - he was a "monosyllabic carpenter" according to her
made me laugh
"poltroon" sounds old Renaissance French, could be an old chook that you boil up in a pot...
as in "poultry"
then st Byron responded to my sharp reply to her as being an "egregious post"
what the!!! we need more of their type of poster, who can bring their A Game to the table.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
james rose
Club Player

Anyone know how to delete all your posts and profile?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

speak to admin
should get back to you by round 20

Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:DavidStroopersHeadband

poochy

Moose

SpiderGirl

RogerWA

HarveysDisciple

pwiot

JeffDunne

bungiton

barks

AOK
Hey Im here :) and is Pwoit :P

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

WellardSaint wrote:Nymeria called me an unusual name in response to one of my posts, I cannot remember what it was,

Nymeria never laid claim to being a lady as I recall - she said she was female.

However, her evident mastery of the mother tongue that is so wantonly butchered by so many inhabitants of this forum, seems to indcate that she is indeed a lady, and one of strong intellect at that.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I miss poochy and St. Fid the most .

Both very consistent and entertaining posters.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Dave who were you previously because I have been here for 7 years and cant even place a couple of those.
BTW Pluggs, which of those can't you place? :? Only one is (slightly) cryptic, but you've posted in the relevant thread to have gleaned the answer.

PS: :oops: At least I got the brain-fade bit right... apologies and inclusions to SAAD, vacuous space and SemperFidelis. Also I fondly re-Member the Fox Reports, and I'd like to hear more from Simon Templar... if for no other reason than that he beat me to the ultimate Saintsational alias name. 8-)

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

james rose wrote:Anyone know how to delete all your posts and profile?
Can I ask why JR?

james rose
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote:
Can I ask why JR?
Going to keep my profile now.

I want to delete all my old posts referring to my old website etc as I don't really enjoy having it raised every time I post on here.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

james rose wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Can I ask why JR?
Going to keep my profile now.

I want to delete all my old posts referring to my old website etc as I don't really enjoy having it raised every time I post on here.
Yeah fair enough too. Hope you hang around and keep contributing.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:speak to admin
should get back to you by round 20

Offer your footy opinions James, you'll soon be known for that...

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Offer your footy opinions James, you'll soon be known for that...
Or if you want to be super famous offer your opinion dressed up as fact! :)

asiu
Saintsational Legend

deleating your posting history wont delete anothers memory.
... all u can really do is cop it on the chin
('n dont be lettn people know it pisses u off !)

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
citywest

saintsRrising wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:

Nexus Nick
Am I misremembering..or is that the Essendon Trol that got banned under various namesl?
As I have said millions of times, I am not a troll. Joffaboy started all this trouble nearly 10 years ago. I actually used to post on SAINTMANIA all those years ago. How many people on here can lay claim to that????

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:

Nexus Nick
Am I misremembering..or is that the Essendon Trol that got banned under various namesl?
As I have said millions of times, I am not a troll. Joffaboy started all this trouble nearly 10 years ago. I actually used to post on SAINTMANIA all those years ago. How many people on here can lay claim to that????
With apologies to the Bard, "I doth think the lady protesteth too much!". It would help your cause if at least a couple of your posts didn't predict the saints eternal demise, finish last, years down the bottom, etc. etc. it's so obvious you're a St. Kilda hater. Typical Essendon, Carlton, Collingwood type <edited by mods>. Just give up the pretence you <edited by mods> and <edited by mods> off. Your pathetic and critical "contributions" are not welcome here.

<poster warned for abuse and swearing>

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
loris
Saintsational Legend

james rose wrote:
Not really worried about the critics these days.

Although I must say when I was a 17 year old kid who just left school and I was smashed for trying to be a journalist it did turn me off the place. Especially those who were blatantly hypocritical in their comments.
Oh JR I have fond memories of your posting when you were still at school. Think it was your final year ,

I can recall that very proud post of yours on this site, when you told us all that you Mum had just given birth to a little sibling for you.

You were so thrilled that you had to share that news with your Saintsational family, we were all so chuffed for you.

Sorry JR that I just can't recall if it was a brother or sister.

Yes some posters got a little harsh on you when you kept referring to your own site. I don't know why, most of the time you where just seeking feedback on your opinions and writings...... in a polite way.

Still there are some 'old class warriors' on this site...... and I think you let it slip that you were private school educated......... then the envy of the haters rose to the fore......sad isn't it that some get bogged down in old out-dated animosities and it clouds their vision on many issues.

Bye the way 'rosey james', how is the young sibling coming on? Hope he/she became a passionate Sainter too :D

Don't delete you old posts young man............. you are part of our Saintsational history. I'm one who respects history be it good/bad or indifferent.

Was it Omar Kyham who wrote a poem that went something along these lines.....................?

"The moving finger have writ, moves on
Nor all thy piety, nor wit
can lure it back, to cancel but one line.

Bit hazy on the actual verse these days.....but these were the sentiments JR :wink: :wink:

citywest

White Winmar wrote:
citywest wrote:

With apologies to the Bard, "I doth think the lady protesteth too much!". It would help your cause if at least a couple of your posts didn't predict the saints eternal demise, finish last, years down the bottom, etc. etc. it's so obvious you're a St. Kilda hater. Typical Essendon, Carlton, Collingwood type wanker. Just give up the pretence you wa#€*r, and f*ck off. Your pathetic and critical "contributions" are not welcome here.
It saddens me to think there are St Kilda supporters like you White Winmar. I am not predicting any one's demise. Please refer to my signature!!!!!!!!!

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote: Don't delete you old posts young man............. you are part of our Saintsational history. I'm one who respects history be it good/bad or indifferent.

Was it Omar Kyham who wrote a poem that went something along these lines.....................?

"The moving finger have writ, moves on
Nor all thy piety, nor wit
can lure it back, to cancel but one line.

Bit hazy on the actual verse these days.....but these were the sentiments JR :wink: :wink:
Plus one to what Loris wrote, James! 8-)

And Loris, not very hazy at all... :wink:
Omar Khayyám wrote: The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
 Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit,
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
 Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

But helpless pieces in the game He plays,
 Upon this chequer-board of Nights and Days,
He hither and thither moves, and checks… and slays,
 Then one by one, back in the Closet lays.

And, as the c**k crew, those who stood before
 The Tavern shouted— “Open then the Door!
You know how little time we have to stay,
 And once departed, may return no more.”

A Book of Verses underneath the Bough,
 A Jug of Wine, a Loaf of Bread—and Thou,
Beside me singing in the Wilderness,
 And oh, Wilderness is Paradise enow.

Myself when young did eagerly frequent
 Doctor and Saint, and heard great Argument
About it and about: but evermore
 Came out of the same Door as in I went.

With them the Seed of Wisdom did I sow,
 And with my own hand labour’d it to grow:
And this was all the Harvest that I reap’d—
 “I came like Water, and like Wind I go.”

Into this Universe, and why not knowing,
 Nor whence, like Water willy-nilly flowing:
And out of it, as Wind along the Waste,
 I know not whither, willy-nilly blowing.

And that inverted Bowl we call The Sky,
 Whereunder crawling coop’t we live and die,
Lift not thy hands to It for help—for It
 Rolls impotently on as Thou or I.

(Hey, that's not bad for an Arab...)