Animal Enclosure rules VS Fan Forum Rules here?

The place to discuss issues with administrators and moderators. Suggestions welcome. All bans will be posted here and the banning appeals process will be held in this forum.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Re: Animal Enclosure rules VS Fan Forum Rules here?

Postby True Believer » Sat 21 Sep 2013 12:25pm

Mr Magic wrote:
perfectionist wrote:You see, I was right.


In your pea-brain you probably think you are.

Maybe you should spend more time worrying about the 'Murdoch led worldwide conspiracy' for your own good, rather than worrying about small things like who should/shouldn't be a mod on saintsational's general forum?


GO easy on him MM, I think his tinfoil hat may be a little tight........
We came.
We saw.
We concreted.
User avatar
True Believer
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 4511
Joined: Sun 28 Mar 2004 1:42pm
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Re: Animal Enclosure rules VS Fan Forum Rules here?

Postby plugger66 » Sat 21 Sep 2013 12:26pm

I will be a mod if asked. i am balanced and fair to all and let everyone have their own opinion. Vote 1 for me.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 50626
Joined: Mon 26 Feb 2007 8:15pm
Location: oakleigh

Re: Animal Enclosure rules VS Fan Forum Rules here?

Postby BackFromUSA » Sat 21 Sep 2013 2:18pm

plugger66 wrote:I will be a mod if asked. i am balanced and fair to all and let everyone have their own opinion. Vote 1 for me.


I would vote for you! I think you could be very good IF you chose to be ...

:-)
AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2012"
User avatar
BackFromUSA
SS Life Member
 
Posts: 3574
Joined: Tue 09 Mar 2004 12:38am

Re: Animal Enclosure rules VS Fan Forum Rules here?

Postby asiu » Sat 21 Sep 2013 3:20pm

agreed.

... its a game of Censorship 'n Control using the propaganda of false premise
as a launch off point.

oh well.
it is what it is.


... please forgive my ignorance arrogance and hypocracy
As I forgive yours.



my postal vote (due to absenteeism)
also goes to Plugger.

peace 'n goodluck.
Image
.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.
asiu
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 4691
Joined: Thu 08 Apr 2010 8:11pm

Re: Animal Enclosure rules VS Fan Forum Rules here?

Postby HitTheBoundary » Sat 21 Sep 2013 4:38pm

BackFromUSA wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I will be a mod if asked. i am balanced and fair to all and let everyone have their own opinion. Vote 1 for me.

I would vote for you! I think you could be very good IF you chose to be ..
:-)

Principle of Q'uo wrote:my postal vote (due to absenteeism)
also goes to Plugger.

And me. That makes three votes.
User avatar
HitTheBoundary
Club Player
 
Posts: 1777
Joined: Fri 27 Feb 2009 9:00am
Location: Walkabout

Re: Animal Enclosure rules VS Fan Forum Rules here?

Postby BakesFan » Sat 21 Sep 2013 4:55pm

yea, why not..... 'p66 for the Mod Squad'.... place can't get much worse than it is now......... as long as he doesn't put on jackboots.
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
Image
User avatar
BakesFan
SS Life Member
 
Posts: 3721
Joined: Wed 14 Apr 2004 9:55am
Location: in the G1

Re: Animal Enclosure rules VS Fan Forum Rules here?

Postby stinger » Sat 21 Sep 2013 5:09pm

perfectionist wrote:


I am quite happy for stinger to remain. His vitriol in place of argument represents the views of the vast majority of Liberal Party voters. It is worth being constantly reminded of this fact. He says things that all of us have heard countless times before. Who cares? Put him on bypass if you don't like it.

[/quote]

and i am more than happy for you to stay to perfectionist.........your vitriolic rants pretty much represent the views of what one would call trailer trash or low rent labor voters......i know the sort of whinging crap ypou are going to post over the next three years.........whine, whine and whine............just sour grapes...... :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:


...i could mount arguments against the tripe you post...but none of you are worth wasting my time trying to convince you of your errors...that's just the way you were all born....... :wink: :wink: :wink:
.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
User avatar
stinger
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 38126
Joined: Tue 09 Mar 2004 9:06pm
Location: Australia.

Re: Animal Enclosure rules VS Fan Forum Rules here?

Postby stinger » Sat 21 Sep 2013 5:11pm

Mr Magic wrote:
perfectionist wrote:
Principle of Q'uo wrote:you are very good at missing the point.

no one 'reports' coz no one is offended !


Or could care less. Your point is pretty much true. It is like all censorship, that only ones offended by a film or book are those who haven't seen or read it, and are not likely to unless they set out to be offended. I am quite happy for stinger to remain. His vitriol in place of argument represents the views of the vast majority of Liberal Party voters. It is worth being constantly reminded of this fact. He says things that all of us have heard countless times before. Who cares? Put him on bypass if you don't like it.

The more 'moderators' we have, the more chance that people's views will be censored because "these people" don't agree with them. MM is such a person in my view and would be wholly unsuitable. As I said on the Fan forum before, the only reason that all this is coming up is that we are now down the bottom of the ladder. Stop messing around.


Hey perfectionist
I'm not interested in being a mod, even if I were to be asked (which I haven't been)
I'm not suitable for the job anyway - I object too much to drivel. dribble and nonsense that is posted by some.

How on earth you, of all posters, have the audacity to 'taint' me with your scurrilous accusation re censorship is beyond belief.

IMHO, and it is only my opinion, you are the absolute worst poster on this forum (general/animal).
Your continuous and continual baiting and belittling of so many others on here sucks much of the joy of coming here for me.

So you've probably achieved what you've set out to do drop-kick.
Ensure that only those that share your own myopic views bother to participate in here.
Congratulations.

IMHO this forum would be far better off without your spamming, vitriol laced nonsensical crap that you continually bombard this particular forum with.



pretty spot on i would say....but then mm, unlike you has some brains, decency and loads of commonsense...... :wink: :twisted:
.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
User avatar
stinger
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 38126
Joined: Tue 09 Mar 2004 9:06pm
Location: Australia.

Re: Animal Enclosure rules VS Fan Forum Rules here?

Postby stinger » Sat 21 Sep 2013 5:13pm

perfectionist wrote:You see, I was right.


no...as usual...you were wrong...but happy to see you continue to post....we all need a laugh occasionally.... :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

...you are not one of the creeps i want to see banned...
.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
User avatar
stinger
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 38126
Joined: Tue 09 Mar 2004 9:06pm
Location: Australia.

Re: Animal Enclosure rules VS Fan Forum Rules here?

Postby stinger » Sat 21 Sep 2013 5:15pm

SENsaintsational wrote:For the record, I offered myself up as a Mod last week. Simon has now requested I seriously consider being recommended as a Mod for the GF. I am currently assessing my situation to see whether I wish to put myself into that line of fire. I have made no decision on whether to seriously nominate myself and will not for a couple of days. Contrary to POQ's post above and in attempts to maintain transparency, that is the current situation. Cheers.


don't trust you...never have actually.....i would vote no...and i have never had a problem with any mods appointed in the past....i suppose there must be a first for everything.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
User avatar
stinger
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 38126
Joined: Tue 09 Mar 2004 9:06pm
Location: Australia.

Re: Animal Enclosure rules VS Fan Forum Rules here?

Postby BakesFan » Sat 21 Sep 2013 5:17pm

Here's a radical idea...


Maybe everyone in the GF should be a mod?.......


....it's called self-moderation FFS!! :roll: :roll: :roll:
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
Image
User avatar
BakesFan
SS Life Member
 
Posts: 3721
Joined: Wed 14 Apr 2004 9:55am
Location: in the G1

Re: Animal Enclosure rules VS Fan Forum Rules here?

Postby stinger » Sat 21 Sep 2013 5:18pm

HitTheBoundary wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I will be a mod if asked. i am balanced and fair to all and let everyone have their own opinion. Vote 1 for me.

I would vote for you! I think you could be very good IF you chose to be ..
:-)

Principle of Q'uo wrote:my postal vote (due to absenteeism)
also goes to Plugger.

And me. That makes three votes.


...what appoint albert a mod..????.you have to be f****** joking.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
User avatar
stinger
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 38126
Joined: Tue 09 Mar 2004 9:06pm
Location: Australia.

Re: Animal Enclosure rules VS Fan Forum Rules here?

Postby stinger » Sat 21 Sep 2013 5:20pm

BakesFan wrote:Here's a radical idea...


Maybe everyone in the GF should be a mod?.......


....it's called self-moderation FFS!! :roll: :roll: :roll:


there would be no-one here after 24 hours...what a f****** good idea.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
User avatar
stinger
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 38126
Joined: Tue 09 Mar 2004 9:06pm
Location: Australia.

Re: Animal Enclosure rules VS Fan Forum Rules here?

Postby markp » Sat 21 Sep 2013 6:29pm

BackFromUSA wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I will be a mod if asked. i am balanced and fair to all and let everyone have their own opinion. Vote 1 for me.


I would vote for you! I think you could be very good IF you chose to be ...

:-)


I'd agree... is thick skinned and resilient enough, emotionally unflappable and level enough, and here enough!
User avatar
markp
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 12175
Joined: Mon 26 Mar 2007 4:22pm

Re: Animal Enclosure rules VS Fan Forum Rules here?

Postby SENsei » Sat 21 Sep 2013 7:41pm

stinger wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:For the record, I offered myself up as a Mod last week. Simon has now requested I seriously consider being recommended as a Mod for the GF. I am currently assessing my situation to see whether I wish to put myself into that line of fire. I have made no decision on whether to seriously nominate myself and will not for a couple of days. Contrary to POQ's post above and in attempts to maintain transparency, that is the current situation. Cheers.


don't trust you...never have actually.....i would vote no...and i have never had a problem with any mods appointed in the past....i suppose there must be a first for everything.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:


I've taken stinger off ignore because I believe a potential Moderator should not have any personal bias. Just be here to apply the rules. You are entitled to your opinion and you can take your own counsel as to my trustworthiness or not. Your feelings and thoughts are not within my control.

For the record, I would have no problem with someone else stepping up to the plate. None whatsoever. I have no designs on global domination nor any control issues that I wish to use on this forum. I just want to nicer place to visit.

A Moderators role here would not be to censor, control or inhibit any conversation, debate or argument. But those discussions need to be carried out in a certain manner in keeping with general common decency. I am not naive to suggest that this place would become a love-in and suddenly those opponents would get on. I don't expect them to like or even respect each other. That is not a Moderator's role to control those issues. A Moderator would be here to only control an argument that gets abusive. Basically that should be the end of it.

The posters would then have the overall responsibility on how that act. If they act within the rule framework, then fine. If not, incur the wrath. No big sticks, but consequences nonetheless.

I don't care if you don't trust me stinger, but rest assured, I play no favourites. I have splinters in my backside to prove it.

I find it amusing that there is this big discussion about the Moderators.....when the ball has been in our court all along. Moderators are a very small piece of the puzzle. How you act has always been within your control.
Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
User avatar
SENsei
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 7126
Joined: Mon 05 Jun 2006 8:25pm

Re: Animal Enclosure rules VS Fan Forum Rules here?

Postby SENsei » Sat 21 Sep 2013 7:42pm

markp wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I will be a mod if asked. i am balanced and fair to all and let everyone have their own opinion. Vote 1 for me.


I would vote for you! I think you could be very good IF you chose to be ...

:-)


I'd agree... is thick skinned and resilient enough, emotionally unflappable and level enough, and here enough!


I also agree. I reckon P66 would be the perfect candidate.
Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
User avatar
SENsei
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 7126
Joined: Mon 05 Jun 2006 8:25pm

Re: Animal Enclosure rules VS Fan Forum Rules here?

Postby asiu » Sat 21 Sep 2013 9:57pm

hahaha


and the boys light up !
... movement at the station over a mods role

toooooooo funkin funny.


thats 6 votes for plugger.
Image
.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.
asiu
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 4691
Joined: Thu 08 Apr 2010 8:11pm

Re: Animal Enclosure rules VS Fan Forum Rules here?

Postby perfectionist » Sat 21 Sep 2013 10:06pm

SENsaintsational wrote:...A Moderators role here would not be to censor, control or inhibit any conversation, debate or argument. But those discussions need to be carried out in a certain manner in keeping with general common decency. I am not naive to suggest that this place would become a love-in and suddenly those opponents would get on. I don't expect them to like or even respect each other. That is not a Moderator's role to control those issues. A Moderator would be here to only control an argument that gets abusive. Basically that should be the end of it...


Sound fair enough to me. However, the moderator cannot really be a significant contributor to the discussion. This was the secret of good moderators of the past. They could step in (very, very rarely) and, not having been part of the discussion, could not be accused of bias.
User avatar
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 6877
Joined: Mon 30 Jul 2007 3:06pm

Re: Animal Enclosure rules VS Fan Forum Rules here?

Postby asiu » Sat 21 Sep 2013 10:21pm

perfectionist wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:...A Moderators role here would not be to censor, control or inhibit any conversation, debate or argument. But those discussions need to be carried out in a certain manner in keeping with general common decency. I am not naive to suggest that this place would become a love-in and suddenly those opponents would get on. I don't expect them to like or even respect each other. That is not a Moderator's role to control those issues. A Moderator would be here to only control an argument that gets abusive. Basically that should be the end of it...


Sound fair enough to me. However, the moderator cannot really be a significant contributor to the discussion. This was the secret of good moderators of the past. They could step in (very, very rarely) and, not having been part of the discussion, could not be accused of bias.


agreed.
sens words are also wise.

but is that the 'context' of what is expected (demanded) by the new Controller ?
... all sounds a bit too modern 'n fair for that.
Image
.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.
asiu
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 4691
Joined: Thu 08 Apr 2010 8:11pm

Re: Animal Enclosure rules VS Fan Forum Rules here?

Postby stinger » Sat 21 Sep 2013 11:43pm

SENsaintsational wrote:
stinger wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:For the record, I offered myself up as a Mod last week. Simon has now requested I seriously consider being recommended as a Mod for the GF. I am currently assessing my situation to see whether I wish to put myself into that line of fire. I have made no decision on whether to seriously nominate myself and will not for a couple of days. Contrary to POQ's post above and in attempts to maintain transparency, that is the current situation. Cheers.


don't trust you...never have actually.....i would vote no...and i have never had a problem with any mods appointed in the past....i suppose there must be a first for everything.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:


I've taken stinger off ignore because I believe a potential Moderator should not have any personal bias. Just be here to apply the rules. You are entitled to your opinion and you can take your own counsel as to my trustworthiness or not. Your feelings and thoughts are not within my control.

For the record, I would have no problem with someone else stepping up to the plate. None whatsoever. I have no designs on global domination nor any control issues that I wish to use on this forum. I just want to nicer place to visit.

A Moderators role here would not be to censor, control or inhibit any conversation, debate or argument. But those discussions need to be carried out in a certain manner in keeping with general common decency. I am not naive to suggest that this place would become a love-in and suddenly those opponents would get on. I don't expect them to like or even respect each other. That is not a Moderator's role to control those issues. A Moderator would be here to only control an argument that gets abusive. Basically that should be the end of it.

The posters would then have the overall responsibility on how that act. If they act within the rule framework, then fine. If not, incur the wrath. No big sticks, but consequences nonetheless.

I don't care if you don't trust me stinger, but rest assured, I play no favourites. I have splinters in my backside to prove it.



and i don't give a rats if you care or not...to me you have shown your true colours..untrustworthy imhfo.....do i think you had me on ignore?????not for one f****** second..so i wasn't surprised to see you react to my post..as i said, you don't have my vote...not that you would care...

... of course there is not much like or respect on this particular forum...and there never will be...too much water under the bridge....you got that right....

.but..i don't agree with what you consider to be the role of the moderators...shows your lack of capacity for the job.......the role of a moderator is to stop posters being bullied, trolled as well as being abused....you are well aware of the type of behaviour that goes on here...you have posted about it enough.... your assurance that you don't play favourites is of no comfort....i have seen you do so in the past...and have no reason to believe that you wouldn't do so in the future.........as i said...i don't trust you.....


i formally post my objection to you being made a mod.....as i said before...i've never had a problem with any of the previous appointments....you are a first.... :roll: :roll:
.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
User avatar
stinger
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 38126
Joined: Tue 09 Mar 2004 9:06pm
Location: Australia.

Re: Animal Enclosure rules VS Fan Forum Rules here?

Postby SENsei » Sun 22 Sep 2013 4:10am

I think I just made up my mind. A line in the sand will be drawn. What you do on this side of it is up to you.
Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
User avatar
SENsei
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 7126
Joined: Mon 05 Jun 2006 8:25pm

Re: Animal Enclosure rules VS Fan Forum Rules here?

Postby SENsei » Sun 22 Sep 2013 4:33am

I just officially withdrew. Mostly because I cannot be bothered dealing with the likes of the above. Why anyone would be bothered, I don't know. The evidence of why no moderation will work and why only a ban will suffice is right there to behold. Read it and weep. And since the new regime is not currently in and I've had a few tonight.......you can kiss my arse you self centred egotistical know nothing abusive old git. Time for you to be removed.

I've NEVER liked the way you post. I've NEVER thought you good enough to converse with. I find you so below my level of decency that I have extremely rarely engaged you in conversation. But given my freedom of speech angle, I respected your right to post. But f*** me. You are worse than the s*** on the sole of my boot. And that is a fact. Begone you silly old coot.

Enjoy all.
Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
User avatar
SENsei
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 7126
Joined: Mon 05 Jun 2006 8:25pm

Re: Animal Enclosure rules VS Fan Forum Rules here?

Postby BackFromUSA » Sun 22 Sep 2013 9:02am

I agree we have to find a moderator who is not a part of the general forum.

The evidence is above for all to see.

Yet it has to be someone or multiple people who will visit at least daily!

If we change the rules to require the level of moderation that the old rules or current fan forum rules require then there will be lots of moderation required.

Should we pay someone to do it?

Any suggestions of moderators that you would respect enough from fan forum that we could recruit?

Could we instigate a rule for General Forum that ANY abuse of the moderator would be a months ban and any argumentative questioning of a moderator would be a weeks ban?

You call for moderation. The moderator cannot be part of your community of angst ... so what is the answer?

Our answer was the current Animal Enclosure but we are open to changes but it is really up to you to find the solution!
AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2012"
User avatar
BackFromUSA
SS Life Member
 
Posts: 3574
Joined: Tue 09 Mar 2004 12:38am

Re: Animal Enclosure rules VS Fan Forum Rules here?

Postby markp » Sun 22 Sep 2013 9:08am

A wise man on here once said if you simply banned one poster you'd solve 90% of this forum's problems.

Image

Here is my one point plan to save the forum :

Image

Flush it.
User avatar
markp
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 12175
Joined: Mon 26 Mar 2007 4:22pm

Re: Animal Enclosure rules VS Fan Forum Rules here?

Postby BackFromUSA » Sun 22 Sep 2013 9:30am

I am not sure that is an appropriate answer.
AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2012"
User avatar
BackFromUSA
SS Life Member
 
Posts: 3574
Joined: Tue 09 Mar 2004 12:38am

PreviousNext

Return to Administration Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest