Animal Enclosure rules VS Fan Forum Rules here?

The place to discuss issues with administrators and moderators. Suggestions welcome. All bans will be posted here and the banning appeals process will be held in this forum.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Re: Animal Enclosure rules VS Fan Forum Rules here?

yep.

i understood that Dave.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:[
I seem to be the only one, but I miss JPBFC.

I always saw his avatar as deliberately ironic... never understood why he changed it to a meaningless speedboat though... :?

he was a good bloke...better than a lot still on here...imhfo......present company excepted dave..... :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

i might print some of the filth that these creeps have directed my way in the past...and present in some cases....their hypocrisy stunning .......blatant & bare faced ......

ban the lot and the problem goes away.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

i dare u.

go on then.

this will be good for a laugh.

prediction 101

for every 1 presented by the cloud worrier
there will be 25 coming back at him

please
.... letttttttttts get it on.

Gabba
SS Hall of Fame

stinger wrote:ban the lot and the problem goes away.....
When the job could more easily by getting rid of you?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Gabba wrote:
stinger wrote:ban the lot and the problem goes away.....
When the job could more easily by getting rid of you?

i would add you to the ban list if i could remember a single post of yours....i can't.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Not interested in taking sides, and don't think anyone should be banned. But if we end up with new rules, or back to sen's rules it would be nice to leave the past where it belongs.

A senior monk and a junior monk were traveling together. At one point, they came to a river with a strong current. As the monks were preparing to cross the river, they saw a very young and beautiful woman also attempting to cross. The young woman asked if they could help her cross to the other side.

The two monks glanced at one another because they had taken vows not to touch a woman.

Then, without a word, the older monk picked up the woman, carried her across the river, placed her gently on the other side, and carried on his 
journey.

The younger monk couldn’t believe what had just happened. After rejoining his companion, he was speechless, and an hour passed without a word between them.

Two more hours passed, then three, finally the younger monk could contain himself any longer, and blurted out “As monks, we are not permitted a woman, how could you then carry that woman on your shoulders?”

The older monk looked at him and replied, “Brother, I set her down on the other side of the river, why are you still carrying her?”

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
matrix
Saintsational Legend

Silence from every other mod and admin tells u something I reckon.
Dalsantos girl excluded. She is new and its understandable that she feels she doesn't want to get involved.
Kinda chucked in the feel end really.

Here's an idea/opinion.
Set some rules.I believe SEN might a drafted some and sent them in....nothing happened and he pretty much got fobbed off
Make the rules the same for the entire forum.
Pick some moderators....have an expression of interest, a poll, whatever..forum votes on appointments.
Ask if anyone has website experience.
This all could be done in a thread for all to see.
Posters could state experience they have in this field, what they can do, and ideas on what's out there forum wise in internet land.
It can then be voted on.
Once the corner stones are in place the Admins and web people can then explain to everyone what our options are site wise
Then we could get examples of layouts hosts etc and vote on it, discussing pros and con's or what's avl.
We could then discuss money and costs.
Eg. If we go this template with these functions its costs blah blah, and this other ones costs so and so
Then we raise money.

I don't think anyone is having a go at you directly Simon, in fact at least you contact admin and got thru to them and are trying to do something.....plenty on here have tried over the years and they get the usually rubbish from the same posters about some revolt and take over....this not the case.
Not at all.
We voice concerns because we are passionate about this site.
We want to see it the best looking and best functioning st kilda fan forum on the internet, Christ we all want that.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Just to add.
Simon, u asked me what experience I have.
Well the only credentials I have is a diploma in management, nothing flash, just a tafe course, anyone could doit for one day a week for a year....impossible to fail unless u are a complete peanut lol.
But one thing iI did learn from it was structure and organization.
How to build up and what order to get things done in.
There are a wealth of people on this site with all kinds of experience far beyond my scope and understanding.
ASK for help mate to the entire forum, let the forum decide not some owners who show no interest in this place what so ever.
Find the ones with passion, and the site will grow and thrive to be the number one fan site on the internet

stinger
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:.
There are a wealth of people on this site with all kinds of experience far beyond my scope and understanding.
ASK for help mate to the entire forum, let the forum decide not some owners who show no interest in this place what so ever.
Find the ones with passion, and the site will grow and thrive to be the number one fan site on the internet

of course there have been attempts by some posters to take over the forum ...for years...same guys too.....ones i don't trust.....

...including you at times matrix...i don't know why anyone would try and deny it.......i don't believe you can leave it to these takeover numbnuts to decide...too much self interest...to me there is nothing much wrong with the footy forum...apart from plugga....but there is now with the animal enclosure......take away civilised rules and posters will act uncivilised...imho...too much hate, history and lack of respect.......no coming back from that......despite what posters with good intentions might post.....

...my view ...one set of rules ..as currently apply on the main forum.....then ban anyone, trolling, spamming, bullying or insulting other posters....problem solved..... not rocket science.....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
matrix wrote:.

of course there have been attempts by some posters to take over the forum ...for years...same guys too.....ones i don't trust.....

...including you at times matrix...i don't know why anyone would try and deny it.......i don't believe you can leave it to these takeover numbnuts to decide...too much self interest...to me there is nothing much wrong with the footy forum...apart from plugga....but there is now with the animal enclosure......take away civilised rules and posters will act uncivilised...imho...too much hate, history and lack of respect.......no coming back from that......despite what posters with good intentions might post.....

...my view ...one set of rules ..as currently apply on the main forum.....then ban anyone, trolling, spamming, bullying or insulting other posters....problem solved..... not rocket science.....

The common view is you are the problem of the whole site and I must back up the common view. You are an A grade loser which would be the only time you have topped anything.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Absolute rubbish stinger.
If Iwwould've wanted to take over a forum I would say so.

Christ what a load of crap.
I've said since day one WE want to make this place the best saints site on the net.
How on earth could I take over a forum ffs.

U know what
I'll let u fly the flag now.
You can put your opinions across to admin and mods and come up with ideas and some structure for the site.
I'm done with it.

I'll come back when its all sorted and the place IS the bbest saints site on the net

f*** this crap
Getting absolutely nowhere.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

71 pages and been running for over 5 years.

simon.
... i paraphrase your oft repeated statement

the thread mentioned above is against the rules.

may i ask
... do u not think the community has spoken
and the rule needs changing ?
... are you personally offended by that thread ?
... or offended coz that thread is on SS ?

... did u see the picture of the two naked beef cakes wrapped in one white towel penis2penis posing seductively but raunchingly on the Fan Forum over the last few days?
... is that 'the new rules' fully bedded in is it ?

i could example some dreadful language that slipped through to the keeper
butt ,
i think i make my point.

maybe u should get the Fan Forum sorted :)
'n come back here in a month or so.

Regarding your request for 'my thoughts' re this issue of Ours
-------------------------------------------------------------
-----

take Stingers advice
ban everyone from the animal enclosure
that he doesnt like

then

take my advice
recreate the general forum
and ban him from that.

i guarantee
when you come back in a month
things will be different

asiu
Saintsational Legend

ps,

and please send your shite threads from the Sham Forum
to the Animal Enclosure

coz the G1 deserves better.

thanx in advance.

gaz.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:And BFUSA, if you're looking for potential GF mods (and if they'd consider doing it!), you'd do well to look at SEN, MM, desertsaint... all eminently reasonable and decent chaps.

I still cant believe SanterK and Saintbrat haven't been offered a gig on the main forum either, but I digress.

Anyway as far as the GF goes, it looks to me as if all bar one poster are pretty much on the same page anyway.

Just to clear this up ... Some of these names have been asked and declined.

One has recently volunteered and his past posts have been reviewed and will definitely be asked to become a MOD once the General Forum rules are established.

Other names here will be considered and asked.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

[quote="Principle of Q'uo
... did u see the picture of the two naked beef cakes wrapped in one white towel penis2penis posing seductively but raunchingly on the Fan Forum over the last few days?
... is that 'the new rules' fully bedded in is it ?

i could example some dreadful language that slipped through to the keeper
butt ,
i think i make my point.

maybe u should get the Fan Forum sorted :)
'n come back here in a month or so.[/quote]p

No.

I didn't personally see that pic or the language you reference.

You obviously did.

Did you or anyone else hit the (!) alert available within every post to alert the MODS?

We are not able to be on here 24/7 reading each and every post.

Nor when we are on here do we get to actually read every post simply because our first priority is to:

(A) read and review reports
(B) write to posters who may have breached rules
(C) answer PMs re Moderation
(D) read and respond to posts in threads like this

Perhaps the Saintsational community could perhaps just give us a hand by pointing out stuff like the above to help us find it?

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

In an attempt to respond on my iPhone while I am on holiday with this family this may get confusing but I shall give it a a go
matrix wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:
Matrix

Are you volunteering to help? I would love someone help me get this all done. What skills can you offer? Would you like to coordinate the redevelopment of the website to integrate this forum and also integrate into the website Facebook and Twitter feeds? Would you like to recruit and manage actual journalists that I want to contribute to the site? Or would you like to liaise with the club to get player interviews / chat sessions which is something I am attempting?

As for site changes to date.

Some technical issues have been fixed. These may not have impacted you but have made the Saintsational experience better for others and some if the things that you and others have listed will not be done e.g.

- not being able to post immediately after a post (remains because it prevents spambots spamming)

- not allowing editing of posts after 5 minutes (remains as posters have a history of re-writing their posts AFTER the get into an argument in order to win their argument ... Amongst several other reasons)

However we do have other features requested like indicators that show new threads and other indicators that show new posts in threads since last sign in. This I believe is available in the recommended settings.

HOWEVER

The first focus was to get the main forum - the Fan Forum working well. We feel this has been achieved.

The major site remodeling will be done in the off season as previously stated.

As for the General Forum - we are trying very hard to find a solution.

As per my reply above - please suggest who might have the desire, time, fairness and approval of others to be a moderator on the General Forum? And what set of rules they would be moderating.

If you would like to volunteer ... Please PM me or outline here what role you would like to take.
no im not volunteering to help
i havent been asked
which is funny

--> I haven't asked people individually but it has been from day 1 of my involvement (less than 3 months) an open door

you harp on about how much work you have to do but you have put no expressions of interest out to the forum asking for help but youre having a slight dig at me in the opening of that post?
over the years plenty here have offered to help
do you know what response they got?

--> no because I wasn't involved then

they got shouted down by the peanuts that 'own' the place and ignored by admin
all they wanted was the money to pay the sever, no explanation on what they were using the money for, how much we raised and compared to how much the costs were
nothing

--> again I wasn't involved then and I am not asking (yet) for any financial contributions and hopefully I won't have to - hopefully when we are ready to go with the website - we will have some volunteers experienced with websites to update it. It would be great to have someone volunteer to build the basic website ... But I am prepared to pay for that

so back to the sly volunteering
why not ask in the forum for help????

--> I have

all ive seen is you appoint dalsantos girl mod

--> she was the only suitable candidate from my request for extra MODS

--> we had numerous people who were nominated by others but declined

now im sure like me many others do not have a prob with this one bit
we dont know her, and she certainly has been a decent poster when she posts but wheres her help??
is she expected to do it all alone?

--> not at all.

because you certainly dont see the others around here and you certainly dont see them doing anything
wheres your help simon???

--> I respond to the alerts from the General Forum if they are still open reports and need responding

how the f*** can you police something and enforce rules when you dont have enough police, and youve never asked for help!?
what? you expect us to go running to the admin and offer it?

--> have asked. See above. Would love more suitable MODS!!! First we are trying to get the rules right.

really, after past experience in trying to get this forum the best on the net
plenty of offers were made, money wise, work wise...f****** hell SEN wrote whole new set of rules ffs, thats sounds like someone who once cared and wouldve been a great help, has plenty of contacts too.
alas it was not accepted and igoned

--> wasn't declined and wasn't ignored. My first step was to re-open the debate with this thread to gauge wider community opinion and make sure the changes made reflect the majority view. As for rules - we have various rules written and ready to go

Would you like to coordinate the redevelopment of the website to integrate this forum and also integrate into the website Facebook and Twitter feeds?
nope
i know nothing about pcs and couldnt give two shites about facebook and twitter, i use neither, good idea for the site tho, we've been asking for around 4 years for this to be done and i believe you have an admin bloke who does all this adminy techie kinda stuff already?
what? he cant keep up? he has a life too i guess huh?
well why dont you f****** ask the forum for help!!!!!
you never know, someone out there might be a pc genius, do this for a living, day to day????

--> ok I shall ask the forum on this issue today sometime and see who volunteers

Would you like to recruit and manage actual journalists that I want to contribute to the site?

nope
i have no interest in journos coming here and putting pieces to the site
where was that on the list of things people wanted out of this place?
maybe it was there, i dont remember

--> the intention will be for these to be well respected Saints people not just any old journo

Or would you like to liaise with the club to get player interviews / chat sessions which is something I am attempting?
yeah sure
ill just swing over on the weekend in the car
if i leave friday night at midnight after work i should be there around 9am
maybe i can crash at your house??

--> sure we all make time for things we love even when we are busy people

no, seriously, getting the club to be involved with SS???
they have wanted nothing to do with us from day one
we arent affiliated with the afl or the club, i believe legality stops all that bulls***
if you can pull that one off then i congratulate you already in advance, would be quite a feat

--> have had success doing this before with the club and hope I can again

some if the things that you and others have listed will not be done e.g.
not being able to post immediately after a post (remains because it prevents spambots spamming)

good one
we've never had a prob with spam bots posting

-->yes we have and it was a disaster

we've had a prob with no moderators being here when yappa44 went on a mad posting spree of threads
gee imagine if he had to wait 30 secs each time
he wouldve had only 30 threads going not 60 and prob only 50 posts not 100 :roll:

--> yes. The reason I got involved. It highlighted that the previous admin and mods no longer visited frequently enough. It should not have happened and certainly should not have stayed up for a day. Hopefully the new MODS can help fix it quicker when it re-occurs

he was a person, we have probs with trolls, not spam bots
the only crap thing ive seen is the one that used to go into general about buying a f****** kitchen in norfolk england once a month
thats it!!
spam bots my ass

--> actually the spambot we had was posting MUCH WORSE than your ass (sorry could not resist that joke)

not allowing editing of posts after 5 minutes (remains as posters have a history of re-writing their posts AFTER the get into an argument in order to win their argument ... Amongst several other reasons)

massive change, on a global scale
seriously dont really care about that, do you think ill want to change this ten mins after ive typed it, to win an argument??
no sorry im not that particular poster (we all know who)
hey but if that helps peopl not cheat at winning an argument then double thumbs up

--> thanks

he first focus was to get the main forum - the Fan Forum working well. We feel this has been achieved.

errr nothings changed simon
so on that note it must of always been working well

--> well many would disagree with you there. I certainly do.
youve introduced a 5 sec post wait thingy because of the spambots posting everywhere ( :lol: )
and peeps cant edit posts after its been typed for more than 5 mins

--> I didn't introduce those things. They were already there. People wanted them removed. I investigated why they were there and found the reasoning to be sound for the collective good and betterment of the forums

yup
got that part over there working lovelytj
it never needed to be fixed, it needed mods

--> which is why dals_da_bomb and I volunteered in the end

--> I agree we need more mods (with an acceptable posting history)

The major site remodeling will be done in the off season as previously stated.
it is the off season, we aint in finals therefore its off season :P

--> ok more specifically I have allocated time in October for me and my website guy to work on this

As per my reply above - please suggest who might have the desire, time, fairness and approval of others to be a moderator on the General Forum? And what set of rules they would be moderating.
who the blue hazes is going to want to mood in there now wit hthe free for all going on
i read two posts in there
hbo and maybe jlh (which apparently is a no no under current rules)
well pull it then, pardon the pun,
if its against the rules pull the f****** thing
who gives a toss really, gee chicks in bikinis and pics of jlh
oh no the forum will melt done
rubbish, few will whine for a day and it will be all forgotten
its only a thread with good looking women in it

--> as opposed to a few people upset over the over the top abuse from each other?

--> we are responding to their concerns by having this thread

--> we are considering making changes

but youve let it be a free for all in general
now whats going to happen when you try to throw rules at that area?
what do you think the backlash is going to be

--> no worse than the current backlash

--> however the rules that are in place at that time will be enforced

hey, heres a couple of cans of spray paint go you hardest with your best mural
then a month later you go paint over it and say no more spray cans????

--> luckily we are dealing with reasonable human beings here who from what I can tell will be happy to live to agreed community standards - but first we have to agree to a community standard. One extreme is the Animal Enclosure and perhaps that just demonstrates the importance of stricter rules and people respecting and observing them or face warnings / bans. I am confident whatever the change is that eventually people will respect the new rules.

f*** no, i dont even want to be associated with over there

and why am i suggesting who might have the time and desire????
you took this role on simon (and seriously, good luck, because no one else could get a word in with the people that run the show)
how about the admin and mods ASK in the forum?
hey you might get silence, wouldnt surprise me after the last time help was offered a few years ago
'
--> well I wasn't associated a few years ago so i am willing to try rather than just be dissatisfied with the status quo

so
doing the reverse psych thingy wont work on me
sorry

--> simply asking if you would like to help solve any of these problems

could you imagine me as a mod??
i mean seriously, you want me to be a moderator??
how about no
yeah thats right

--> probably not - but if you volunteered we would review your posting history before deciding

im having a whinge and not being part of the solution to fix it
why
60hrs a week at work adn two and a half acres of land to look after
sorry cant be reading every friggin thread and pulling stinger and his baying mob ( :roll: ) apart from each other 24/7

but i reckon if you ask, maybe, just maybe.....there might be a chance that you might get some help?
probable????

--> will ask more often ... But have asked for mod volunteers and nominations

oh and what happened to the original statement that was put out there?

'admin chooses admin and the posters can vote on the mods appointed'

--> community said didn't want a vote but we will nominate MODS and then we will ask for any objections to be PM'd before appointing

see when you make statements like that, and then it doesnt happen

-->it was a suggestion seeking input as far as I remember or even if it was a statement the community did not think it was a good idea and I try to listen to the community - all of it

it doesnt do your or the other Oz's that live behind the curtains credibility any god what so ever

i admire you simon
admire that you want to get this site up and going
hey this place should be that far ahead of all the others in looks and ability its not funny, we have the power in numbers, we can certainly raise coin, when the veil is lifted and we all know where the coin is going.

--> I believe the money raised has been used to pay for hosting the site

if you want help do a post, ask for it from everyone, ask for mods or for people to vote on mods, see we cant even have a poll to get the ball rolling because it was taken away
-->points taken and hopefully I have responded openly

markp
Saintsational Legend

Must have been a headache doing that on an iphone!... good work.

Matrix, for the love of gawd please keep hangin around... at least just hold back until the new new rules are introduced, we needs ya!

asiu
Saintsational Legend

you are very good at missing the point.

no one 'reports' coz no one is offended !

if all you and the mods get to deal with
is the snipers who complain
no wonder your views are so skewed.

long live the lowest common denominator.

'creative' out.

congratulations on your new Moderators position Sen.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

"not allowing editing of posts after 5 minutes (remains as posters have a history of re-writing their posts AFTER the get into an argument in order to win their argument ... Amongst several other reasons)"

"massive change, on a global scale
seriously dont really care about that, do you think ill want to change this ten mins after ive typed it, to win an argument??
no sorry im not that particular poster (we all know who)
hey but if that helps peopl not cheat at winning an argument then double thumbs up"

matrix may know the poster who changes his posts to win an argument.......i certainly don't....and i have never even sought to do such a thing myself.........i have changed posts to add a ps...or correct spelling errors....or where i have posted in the wrong forum...something i can't do now and which has actually caused me embarressment......so ..you are after suggestions......change that back

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Principle of Q'uo wrote:you are very good at missing the point.

Or could care less. Your point is pretty much true. It is like all censorship, that only ones offended by a film or book are those who haven't seen or read it, and are not likely to unless they set out to be offended. I am quite happy for stinger to remain. His vitriol in place of argument represents the views of the vast majority of Liberal Party voters. It is worth being constantly reminded of this fact. He says things that all of us have heard countless times before. Who cares? Put him on bypass if you don't like it.

The more 'moderators' we have, the more chance that people's views will be censored because "these people" don't agree with them. MM is such a person in my view and would be wholly unsuitable. As I said on the Fan forum before, the only reason that all this is coming up is that we are now down the bottom of the ladder. Stop messing around.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote: As I said on the Fan forum before, the only reason that all this is coming up is that we are now down the bottom of the ladder.
True, but it's only a ladder of 2 and you'll be able to vote again in three years time.

Chin up! :wink:

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:
Principle of Q'uo wrote:you are very good at missing the point.

Or could care less. Your point is pretty much true. It is like all censorship, that only ones offended by a film or book are those who haven't seen or read it, and are not likely to unless they set out to be offended. I am quite happy for stinger to remain. His vitriol in place of argument represents the views of the vast majority of Liberal Party voters. It is worth being constantly reminded of this fact. He says things that all of us have heard countless times before. Who cares? Put him on bypass if you don't like it.

The more 'moderators' we have, the more chance that people's views will be censored because "these people" don't agree with them. MM is such a person in my view and would be wholly unsuitable. As I said on the Fan forum before, the only reason that all this is coming up is that we are now down the bottom of the ladder. Stop messing around.
Hey perfectionist
I'm not interested in being a mod, even if I were to be asked (which I haven't been)
I'm not suitable for the job anyway - I object too much to drivel. dribble and nonsense that is posted by some.

How on earth you, of all posters, have the audacity to 'taint' me with your scurrilous accusation re censorship is beyond belief.

IMHO, and it is only my opinion, you are the absolute worst poster on this forum (general/animal).
Your continuous and continual baiting and belittling of so many others on here sucks much of the joy of coming here for me.

So you've probably achieved what you've set out to do drop-kick.
Ensure that only those that share your own myopic views bother to participate in here.
Congratulations.

IMHO this forum would be far better off without your spamming, vitriol laced nonsensical crap that you continually bombard this particular forum with.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

You see, I was right.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

For the record, I offered myself up as a Mod last week. Simon has now requested I seriously consider being recommended as a Mod for the GF. I am currently assessing my situation to see whether I wish to put myself into that line of fire. I have made no decision on whether to seriously nominate myself and will not for a couple of days. Contrary to POQ's post above and in attempts to maintain transparency, that is the current situation. Cheers.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:You see, I was right.
In your pea-brain you probably think you are.

Maybe you should spend more time worrying about the 'Murdoch led worldwide conspiracy' for your own good, rather than worrying about small things like who should/shouldn't be a mod on saintsational's general forum?