Animal Enclosure rules VS Fan Forum Rules here?

The place to discuss issues with administrators and moderators. Suggestions welcome. All bans will be posted here and the banning appeals process will be held in this forum.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Re: Animal Enclosure rules VS Fan Forum Rules here?

Postby HitTheBoundary » Sun 22 Sep 2013 9:33am

BackFromUSA wrote:I am not sure that is an appropriate answer.

But it is the obvious solution.
User avatar
HitTheBoundary
Club Player
 
Posts: 1787
Joined: Fri 27 Feb 2009 9:00am
Location: Walkabout

Re: Animal Enclosure rules VS Fan Forum Rules here?

Postby plugger66 » Sun 22 Sep 2013 10:17am

stinger wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:
stinger wrote:
don't trust you...never have actually.....i would vote no...and i have never had a problem with any mods appointed in the past....i suppose there must be a first for everything.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:


I've taken stinger off ignore because I believe a potential Moderator should not have any personal bias. Just be here to apply the rules. You are entitled to your opinion and you can take your own counsel as to my trustworthiness or not. Your feelings and thoughts are not within my control.

For the record, I would have no problem with someone else stepping up to the plate. None whatsoever. I have no designs on global domination nor any control issues that I wish to use on this forum. I just want to nicer place to visit.

A Moderators role here would not be to censor, control or inhibit any conversation, debate or argument. But those discussions need to be carried out in a certain manner in keeping with general common decency. I am not naive to suggest that this place would become a love-in and suddenly those opponents would get on. I don't expect them to like or even respect each other. That is not a Moderator's role to control those issues. A Moderator would be here to only control an argument that gets abusive. Basically that should be the end of it.

The posters would then have the overall responsibility on how that act. If they act within the rule framework, then fine. If not, incur the wrath. No big sticks, but consequences nonetheless.

I don't care if you don't trust me stinger, but rest assured, I play no favourites. I have splinters in my backside to prove it.



and i don't give a rats if you care or not...to me you have shown your true colours..untrustworthy imhfo.....do i think you had me on ignore?????not for one f****** second..so i wasn't surprised to see you react to my post..as i said, you don't have my vote...not that you would care...

... of course there is not much like or respect on this particular forum...and there never will be...too much water under the bridge....you got that right....

.but..i don't agree with what you consider to be the role of the moderators...shows your lack of capacity for the job.......the role of a moderator is to stop posters being bullied, trolled as well as being abused....you are well aware of the type of behaviour that goes on here...you have posted about it enough.... your assurance that you don't play favourites is of no comfort....i have seen you do so in the past...and have no reason to believe that you wouldn't do so in the future.........as i said...i don't trust you.....


i formally post my objection to you being made a mod.....as i said before...i've never had a problem with any of the previous appointments....you are a first.... :roll: :roll:


What a sad little person you are Stinger. I really do question your ability to use your brain at all. I pity the people who actually know you personally because unlike probably a few on here I reckon you would be the same sort of person in the real world and it amazes me you still exist in the real world. Its sad that there are people like you born into this world.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 50626
Joined: Mon 26 Feb 2007 8:15pm
Location: oakleigh

Re: Animal Enclosure rules VS Fan Forum Rules here?

Postby plugger66 » Sun 22 Sep 2013 10:22am

HitTheBoundary wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:I am not sure that is an appropriate answer.

But it is the obvious solution.



Seconded, thirded fourthed and fifthed. If it obvious then its obvious. He blames everyone else. Surely everyone else can see its the one who blames everyone else. By the way i wouldnt ban anyone but if its this part of the forum goes or someone else goes then that is the answer.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 50626
Joined: Mon 26 Feb 2007 8:15pm
Location: oakleigh

Re: Animal Enclosure rules VS Fan Forum Rules here?

Postby asiu » Sun 22 Sep 2013 10:29am

BackFromUSA wrote:I agree we have to find a moderator who is not a part of the general forum.

The evidence is above for all to see.

Yet it has to be someone or multiple people who will visit at least daily!

If we change the rules to require the level of moderation that the old rules or current fan forum rules require then there will be lots of moderation required.

Should we pay someone to do it?

Any suggestions of moderators that you would respect enough from fan forum that we could recruit?

Could we instigate a rule for General Forum that ANY abuse of the moderator would be a months ban and any argumentative questioning of a moderator would be a weeks ban?

You call for moderation. The moderator cannot be part of your community of angst ... so what is the answer?

Our answer was the current Animal Enclosure but we are open to changes but it is really up to you to find the solution!


who called for moderation ?
... especially the regressive style you keep proposing.

banned for arguing a point of order with a mod !!!
... get real
we've all been here before.

You asked for a community answer
but pay those ideas no respect unless they represent your vision.

the community keeps expressing ,
like it has for years ,

[ we created an offsite environment to provide what 'here' would not
during the last orange hat episode.

key to that move .... was our love of SS

ie ... we've been trying to work this out fairly
but with no 'power' to instigate change]

Idea ... repeated.

give Stinker his own soapbox ... the AE
(let him publish his list of unwelcomes
who stay out )

give us our General Forum back.
(with Sen as moderator and Stinker stays out of it)

whats wrong with that idea ?
Image
.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.
asiu
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 4794
Joined: Thu 08 Apr 2010 8:11pm

Re: Animal Enclosure rules VS Fan Forum Rules here?

Postby thejiggingsaint » Sun 22 Sep 2013 10:48am

I guess we need to be able to exercise some "self-moderation" (but NOT in a "Swedish" way :wink: ) in our postings. I often muck about and post some silly stuff, most of the time it's taken in good humour, OR ignored. That's fine. You know, at the end of the day, it's just an internet forum, no one in the real world gives a hoot about this or that posters opinion on anything (except perhaps the poster? :wink: )
Dream the impossible dream: Go Saints! (to hell with the rest!) :D
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 7805
Joined: Wed 03 Aug 2005 10:01pm

Re: Animal Enclosure rules VS Fan Forum Rules here?

Postby True Believer » Sun 22 Sep 2013 11:41am

I would love to see P66 as a mod, but only because I would get to see BigMart's head explode and cover everyone in brain goo !!

For what it's worth, SEN would have made a VERY good mod. The sad part is that if a Mod is going to be chosen from the pool of people that Stinger trusts/finds acceptable, then we are starting with a very small sample. And Stinger, I know SEN's attitude towards you from his postings elsewhere on a private forum, and frankly, you couldn't be more wrong in you judgement if you were trying. I know there was an attack mob going after you for their own amusement, but your response is exactly what they were after, and the permanently combative posting style you have now adopted simply means there is no effort required on their part. But you have also allowed that style to become your norm towards virtually everyone.
You need to try getting out of your own way occasionally.
We came.
We saw.
We concreted.
User avatar
True Believer
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 4540
Joined: Sun 28 Mar 2004 1:42pm
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Re: Animal Enclosure rules VS Fan Forum Rules here?

Postby plugger66 » Sun 22 Sep 2013 1:03pm

I do have a question. Can a mod be on ignore because we I take over as the head mod both BM and Stinger have me on ignore. How do i warn them on here?
plugger66
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 50626
Joined: Mon 26 Feb 2007 8:15pm
Location: oakleigh

Re: Animal Enclosure rules VS Fan Forum Rules here?

Postby asiu » Sun 22 Sep 2013 3:34pm

you get your underling mod ,
to quote your instructions

:)


hang on .... hmmmm

if your underling is also on ignore
you either need more underlings

or

get the big Controller to whisper in his ear at a club function

nice question btw.
Image
.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.
asiu
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 4794
Joined: Thu 08 Apr 2010 8:11pm

Re: Animal Enclosure rules VS Fan Forum Rules here?

Postby BackFromUSA » Sun 22 Sep 2013 5:13pm

plugger66 wrote:I do have a question. Can a mod be on ignore because we I take over as the head mod both BM and Stinger have me on ignore. How do i warn them on here?


Hmmmm could be problematic
AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2012"
User avatar
BackFromUSA
SS Life Member
 
Posts: 3677
Joined: Tue 09 Mar 2004 12:38am

Re: Animal Enclosure rules VS Fan Forum Rules here?

Postby stinger » Sun 22 Sep 2013 6:51pm

SENsaintsational wrote:I think I just made up my mind. A line in the sand will be drawn. What you do on this side of it is up to you.


good...proves my point..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
User avatar
stinger
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 38126
Joined: Tue 09 Mar 2004 9:06pm
Location: Australia.

Re: Animal Enclosure rules VS Fan Forum Rules here?

Postby stinger » Sun 22 Sep 2013 6:53pm

SENsaintsational wrote:I just officially withdrew. Mostly because I cannot be bothered dealing with the likes of the above. Why anyone would be bothered, I don't know. The evidence of why no moderation will work and why only a ban will suffice is right there to behold. Read it and weep. And since the new regime is not currently in and I've had a few tonight.......you can kiss my arse you self centred egotistical know nothing abusive old git. Time for you to be removed.

I've NEVER liked the way you post. I've NEVER thought you good enough to converse with. I find you so below my level of decency that I have extremely rarely engaged you in conversation. But given my freedom of speech angle, I respected your right to post. But f*** me. You are worse than the s*** on the sole of my boot. And that is a fact. Begone you silly old coot.

Enjoy all.


and you know what you can do...

...suitable for appointment as a mod, my arse... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
User avatar
stinger
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 38126
Joined: Tue 09 Mar 2004 9:06pm
Location: Australia.

Re: Animal Enclosure rules VS Fan Forum Rules here?

Postby stinger » Sun 22 Sep 2013 6:56pm

markp wrote:A wise man on here once said if you simply banned one poster you'd solve 90% of this forum's problems.

Image

Here is my one point plan to save the forum :

Image

Flush it.



flush you you creep...what rules have i broken...there are none here....am i responsible for that...no....did i abuse sen...no...did he abuse me...yes...

,,same old story...the bully boys stamp their feet and want me banned.....why....???because i stand up to them.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
User avatar
stinger
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 38126
Joined: Tue 09 Mar 2004 9:06pm
Location: Australia.

Re: Animal Enclosure rules VS Fan Forum Rules here?

Postby plugger66 » Sun 22 Sep 2013 6:59pm

stinger wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:I just officially withdrew. Mostly because I cannot be bothered dealing with the likes of the above. Why anyone would be bothered, I don't know. The evidence of why no moderation will work and why only a ban will suffice is right there to behold. Read it and weep. And since the new regime is not currently in and I've had a few tonight.......you can kiss my arse you self centred egotistical know nothing abusive old git. Time for you to be removed.

I've NEVER liked the way you post. I've NEVER thought you good enough to converse with. I find you so below my level of decency that I have extremely rarely engaged you in conversation. But given my freedom of speech angle, I respected your right to post. But f*** me. You are worse than the s*** on the sole of my boot. And that is a fact. Begone you silly old coot.

Enjoy all.


and you know what you can do...

...suitable for appointment as a mod, my arse... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:



He certainly is suitable but as usual you turn people off. You are what is known as a very ordinary human. It amazes me you got the age you are. i take it you never leave your cell.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 50626
Joined: Mon 26 Feb 2007 8:15pm
Location: oakleigh

Re: Animal Enclosure rules VS Fan Forum Rules here?

Postby stinger » Sun 22 Sep 2013 7:06pm

True Believer wrote:I would love to see P66 as a mod, but only because I would get to see BigMart's head explode and cover everyone in brain goo !!

For what it's worth, SEN would have made a VERY good mod. The sad part is that if a Mod is going to be chosen from the pool of people that Stinger trusts/finds acceptable, then we are starting with a very small sample. And Stinger, I know SEN's attitude towards you from his postings elsewhere on a private forum, and frankly, you couldn't be more wrong in you judgement if you were trying. I know there was an attack mob going after you for their own amusement, but your response is exactly what they were after, and the permanently combative posting style you have now adopted simply means there is no effort required on their part. But you have also allowed that style to become your norm towards virtually everyone.
You need to try getting out of your own way occasionally.


i value your opinion....and heed what you say...except. i'm not wrong about sen...his last post directed at me gave it away..


pity.....i did respect him for awhile...he did pm me on occasions telling me some of the things gaz was publishing on that other site about me. and some of the responses......that i appreciated at the time


...that attack mob is alive and thriving on this site.......most of them have posted in this thread.....i think that the older mods were awake to them.......once the forum rules are changed back so that uncivilised behaviour is not tolereated...i will go back to ignoring them and simply reporting their abuse.......problem solved..as i have said on many occasions....
.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
User avatar
stinger
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 38126
Joined: Tue 09 Mar 2004 9:06pm
Location: Australia.

Re: Animal Enclosure rules VS Fan Forum Rules here?

Postby plugger66 » Sun 22 Sep 2013 7:12pm

stinger wrote:
True Believer wrote:I would love to see P66 as a mod, but only because I would get to see BigMart's head explode and cover everyone in brain goo !!

For what it's worth, SEN would have made a VERY good mod. The sad part is that if a Mod is going to be chosen from the pool of people that Stinger trusts/finds acceptable, then we are starting with a very small sample. And Stinger, I know SEN's attitude towards you from his postings elsewhere on a private forum, and frankly, you couldn't be more wrong in you judgement if you were trying. I know there was an attack mob going after you for their own amusement, but your response is exactly what they were after, and the permanently combative posting style you have now adopted simply means there is no effort required on their part. But you have also allowed that style to become your norm towards virtually everyone.
You need to try getting out of your own way occasionally.


i value your opinion....and heed what you say...except. i'm not wrong about sen...his last post directed at me gave it away..


pity.....i did respect him for awhile...he did pm me on occasions telling me some of the things gaz was publishing on that other site about me. and some of the responses......that i appreciated at the time


...that attack mob is alive and thriving on this site.......most of them have posted in this thread.....i think that the older mods were awake to them.......once the forum rules are changed back so that uncivilised behaviour is not tolereated...i will go back to ignoring them and simply reporting their abuse.......problem solved..as i have said on many occasions....



The only real abuse comes from you. You just dont have the abilty to speak like a normal human. If pople disagree with you, you attack as you have with SEN and BF. and the you apologise to BF but lets face it that was because a mod requested you too otherwise you have abused him even more. people have your number.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 50626
Joined: Mon 26 Feb 2007 8:15pm
Location: oakleigh

Re: Animal Enclosure rules VS Fan Forum Rules here?

Postby stinger » Sun 22 Sep 2013 7:16pm

i see that i'm still being staked by the most abusive and hated poster on the main footy fan forum..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
User avatar
stinger
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 38126
Joined: Tue 09 Mar 2004 9:06pm
Location: Australia.

Re: Animal Enclosure rules VS Fan Forum Rules here?

Postby plugger66 » Sun 22 Sep 2013 7:31pm

stinger wrote:i see that i'm still being staked by the most abusive and hated poster on the main footy fan forum..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:



I see you still cant ignore me. And i dont abuse anyone on the footy forum unless they abuse me and even then I wouldnt call it abuse and you have morgage on hatred. Now ignore me if you can and by the way that apology to BF was pathetic. You even admit you were forced to do it. Sickening.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 50626
Joined: Mon 26 Feb 2007 8:15pm
Location: oakleigh

Re: Animal Enclosure rules VS Fan Forum Rules here?

Postby stinger » Sun 22 Sep 2013 7:48pm

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:i see that i'm still being staked by the most abusive and hated poster on the main footy fan forum..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:



I see you still cant ignore me. And i dont abuse anyone on the footy forum unless they abuse me and even then I wouldnt call it abuse and you have morgage on hatred. Now ignore me if you can and by the way that apology to BF was pathetic. You even admit you were forced to do it. Sickening.



still being stalked by the bigest creep...give it a rest albert...i don't read your posts.....
.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
User avatar
stinger
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 38126
Joined: Tue 09 Mar 2004 9:06pm
Location: Australia.

Re: Animal Enclosure rules VS Fan Forum Rules here?

Postby plugger66 » Sun 22 Sep 2013 7:51pm

stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:i see that i'm still being staked by the most abusive and hated poster on the main footy fan forum..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:



I see you still cant ignore me. And i dont abuse anyone on the footy forum unless they abuse me and even then I wouldnt call it abuse and you have morgage on hatred. Now ignore me if you can and by the way that apology to BF was pathetic. You even admit you were forced to do it. Sickening.



still being stalked by the bigest creep...give it a rest albert...i don't read your posts.....



I will give it rest when you start acting like a normal person.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 50626
Joined: Mon 26 Feb 2007 8:15pm
Location: oakleigh

Re: Animal Enclosure rules VS Fan Forum Rules here?

Postby stinger » Sun 22 Sep 2013 7:53pm

stalker alert.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
User avatar
stinger
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 38126
Joined: Tue 09 Mar 2004 9:06pm
Location: Australia.

Re: Animal Enclosure rules VS Fan Forum Rules here?

Postby asiu » Sun 22 Sep 2013 8:20pm

[quote]
pity.....i did respect him for awhile...he did pm me on occasions telling me some of the things gaz was publishing on that other site about me. and some of the responses......that i appreciated at the time [quote/]

i await Sens response to this slander with interest.

everything i have ever written is still on that site ... and i'll copy n paste the appropriate text
... context is everything.

i was your supporter
until your continuous contemptous behaviourial patterns and insidious mean spirited activities DEMANDED i put the community before the community wrecker.

context is everything.

and it is all repeating itself here AGAIN coz no one deals with your
intentful visciousness emotional vindictiveness and community contempt.
Image
.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.
asiu
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 4794
Joined: Thu 08 Apr 2010 8:11pm

Re: Animal Enclosure rules VS Fan Forum Rules here?

Postby stinger » Sun 22 Sep 2013 8:27pm

someone else whose crap i stopped reading a long long time ago........so .....shall we say addled creep alert... :wink:
.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
User avatar
stinger
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 38126
Joined: Tue 09 Mar 2004 9:06pm
Location: Australia.

Re: Animal Enclosure rules VS Fan Forum Rules here?

Postby HarryM » Sun 22 Sep 2013 9:02pm

plugger66 wrote: people have your number.


Well isn't that amazing you dope, because quite a few people with a few brains have yours too. :D
HarryM
Club Player
 
Posts: 571
Joined: Fri 14 Jun 2013 6:38pm
Location: Ferretville

Re: Animal Enclosure rules VS Fan Forum Rules here?

Postby Dave McNamara » Sun 22 Sep 2013 9:07pm

wrote:
wrote:But it is the obvious solution.

Seconded, thirded fourthed and fifthed. If it obvious then its obvious. He blames everyone else. Surely everyone else can see its the one who blames everyone else. By the way i wouldnt ban anyone but if its this part of the forum goes or someone else goes then that is the answer.


BackFromUSA wrote:I am not sure that is an appropriate answer.

Plus one (to Simon).

Recently efforts were being made, and I thought particularly so on the behalf of our current clay pigeon (target), to be restrained and (well at least, reasonably,) civil.

Then for some reason the creation of the AE and a 'no holds barred' policy... ended all that.
(And from memory, whether provoked or otherwise, the initial cavalry charge was from the left of the field.)

Geeez everyone what is this place, 'Lord of the Flies' or something!?! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:


Solution = simple.

Same rules in all the Saintsational forums.
No abuse.
Respect!
Peace, love and mungbeans. (Except for TB who hates mungbeans.)

If you don't like someone's viewpoint, challenge the viewpoint c/f the poster, and challenge it on what you consider to be the relevant the facts.

And if you do this respectfully, readers (may even) take your concerns on board.
If you abuse, people just close off.

"You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar."

And if all else fails, don't hit 'flush'..., hit 'ignore'. :idea:





So there, to everyone... peace, love and mungbeans. 8-)





(Except for TB re the mungbeans.)
It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hArSps&feature=player_detailpage

Matt Finnis CEO wrote:"St Kilda is an iconic part of Melbourne which has an identifiable attitude and spirit that is really aligned with where we want to take the club. It is grounded but it is aspirational, it is eclectic, everyone belongs, and we say how do we capture that as an identity? It would be a good move on so many levels for the club."
User avatar
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 5109
Joined: Wed 21 Sep 2011 2:44pm
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Re: Animal Enclosure rules VS Fan Forum Rules here?

Postby thejiggingsaint » Sun 22 Sep 2013 11:00pm

Kumbaya to you too! :wink: :lol: Nice post Dave.
Dream the impossible dream: Go Saints! (to hell with the rest!) :D
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 7805
Joined: Wed 03 Aug 2005 10:01pm

PreviousNext

Return to Administration Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest