Forum Makeover - TOPIC RE-OPENED FOR REVIEW

The place to discuss issues with administrators and moderators. Suggestions welcome. All bans will be posted here and the banning appeals process will be held in this forum.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Re: Forum Makeover

HSVKing wrote:I've decided how this forum should be run, so save your breath from discussion & suggestions, we're doing it my way.
No worries, all clear. :D

BakesFan
SS Life Member

That is some Master Baiting right there, dragit..... someone should report you!

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
dragit
Saintsational Legend

BakesFan wrote:That is some Master Baiting right there, dragit..... someone should report you!
Apologies, I tried to go back and edit it, but I can't. 8-)

stinger
Saintsational Legend

judging by their posts..a few posers seem to be under a misapprehension.....

simon posted this on this thread..and i quote...

"May I delete it or alter it?

If you are not willing for it to be deleted or altered, then I shall issue you with a warning."

...he never said that we would have to amend the post..or cop a warning......he was asking consent to do it himself.....

..so why would we need an ability to amend the post ourselves...

...my poblem was if a poster..and one has....refuses to give consent and would prefer to cop a warning instead...the mods should then reserve the right to delete or amend the post without consent....imho..that is...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:judging by their posts..a few posers seem to be under a misapprehension.....

If you are not willing for it to be deleted or altered, then I shall issue you with a warning."

...he never said that we would have to amend the post..or cop a warning......he was asking consent to do it himself.....

...my poblem was if a poster..and one has....refuses to give consent and would prefer to cop a warning instead...the mods should then reserve the right to delete or amend the post without consent....imho..that is...

He didnt do that the first night because he didnt realise the edit button had gone. Now he does which is all fine. I wouldnt give a warning, I would just change or delete it but they are running the forum. seems like double work to me though.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:judging by their posts..a few posers seem to be under a misapprehension.....

Guilty. I mis-read that. I thought the request was for the poster to edit their own post but you are correct, it was for 'consent' to do so. I then have no problem with it all, although it is showing a bit more politeness than I would show!!! All good.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Good on Simon for having the patience, tenacity, diplomacy and good old courage to take the initiative and help get our forum back to some semblance of order. It really shouldn't be THAT hard for us to start practicing a bit of restraint when challenged by an opposing point of view to our own.....SHOULD it? To those who are prepared to tone down the vitriol in their posts, well done! To those who have no intention to change, well maybe you should reconsider that position?

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
matrix
Saintsational Legend

Yeah agreed sen.
Here's the rules.
The end
But if that's the route they go then so be it.

Like joff I'll prob be able to not push the boundaries.
Blimey just want a better looking And functioning forum as I'm sure most posters do.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:Good on Simon for having the patience, tenacity, diplomacy and good old courage to take the initiative and help get our forum back to some semblance of order. It really shouldn't be THAT hard for us to start practicing a bit of restraint when challenged by an opposing point of view to our own.....SHOULD it? To those who are prepared to tone down the vitriol in their posts, well done! To those who have no intention to change, well maybe you should reconsider that position?
I've changed. I've gone from CONSIDERING buying certain people a beer to giving the thought ZERO CONSIDERATION :wink: !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

CONSISTENCY Eastern, its in your nature mate, "certain people" have been waiting on your CONSIDERATION for a wee while now! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: (Hope I'm not risking a warning/ban)

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
BakesFan
SS Life Member

Oh Man!!...and here I was pumping up your tires in the "Eastern's idea to untie the Saints" thread..... you can just get stuffed now.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

BakesFan wrote:Oh Man!!...and here I was pumping up your tires in the "Eastern's idea to untie the Saints" thread..... you can just get stuffed now.
Not you bakes. I will buy you a "pony" when I see you !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

BakesFan
SS Life Member

LOL!...your generosity knows no bounds...(other than about 150ml) :-)

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Do I have to read all 12 pages to know where the makeover/takeover bid now sits.

Am I right in saying the current mods will leave it as it is...

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote:Do I have to read all 12 pages to know where the makeover/takeover bid now sits.

Am I right in saying the current mods will leave it as it is...

No they arent. They are fixing it. Id be pretty sure it takes time though.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

HSVKing wrote:So, your argument is that when you come back 24 hours later and edit your post because you have calmed down, you don't think you may have already been reported/warned for the post by then?

This kind of poster is one of the many reasons behind this move. Why should the forum put up with posters coming on, creating a new post and venting. The problem is that these posters want to be seen, so they don't reply, the create a new thread. By them not being able to remove it after 5 minutes, they get a warning for filling the forum with rubbish, and it will hopefully stop them repeating this action.
yes you are right spamming flame tolls wont remove their posts so 5min or 24hrs doesnt make any difference time wise, but they ARE not a problem if the mods are watching the forum.
So if mods are here 24/7 then its all good.
Its the regulars, that may (and often do) get carried away, that with a little bit of self regulating moderation(outside of 5min) might make this place a little bit more civil. If someone takes offence at something written they can PM and ask for removal, if it doesnt get removed then the mods can step in then. Yellow card, red card, & public SIN BIN, done.

Seeya
matrix
Saintsational Legend

Who is here after around 2am tho?
Might be hard to find a mod to be on around 3 or 4 am
Maybe someone overseas.
There's a few of us on around midnight to one am but its pretty quiet after about 2am usually.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:Who is here after around 2am tho?
Plugger66. He doesn't sleep he waits.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

I am sure that it was not BFUSA's intention to further strengthen the oppressive dictatorship that runs this forum.

All that seems to have happened is that HSV has woken up from a long sleep and decided to order us around like we are all naughty schoolboys.

I do not accept that any owner/admin/mod has a divine right to impose their ego on this forum.

BFUSA says that we all own this forum. Obviously that view is not shared by others.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

A new beginning.

How good is that.. I can't wait to test out my new technical skills..

Brothers in Arms....onward we go

Will the Saints ever have a quality midfield ?
Majority
Club Player

The way to decrease spelling mistakes before pressing the submit button is to write your post on your word processor. ( not sure if this can be done on your phone )
This way you can review what you have written, and spell check it.
Then just simply copy and paste.

I have used the edit function on more than one occasion after what I wrote was too radical ( it was not about a fellow poster on SS ), and could have possibly lead to legal action.

I deleted the text and replaced it with…

Post deleted by author

If the edit function is removed, this cannot be done

Sure we can contact a Mod to delete it, but it will take longer to be done,
And we do not want to overwork the Mods. (no sarcasm)

So maybe a compromise is in order.

A function to delete a post, but not edit.

If the poster wants to resubmit it without the part they wanted to edit,
they can just write it again and it will be the last post at that time.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:Who is here after around 2am tho?
Might be hard to find a mod to be on around 3 or 4 am
Maybe someone overseas.
There's a few of us on around midnight to one am but its pretty quiet after about 2am usually.
Madmen and Englishman. And idiots stupid enough to think it'd be a good idea to watch Australia come crashing down in their opening batting session.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Buckets
SS Life Member

GrumpyOne wrote:I am sure that it was not BFUSA's intention to further strengthen the oppressive dictatorship that runs this forum.

All that seems to have happened is that HSV has woken up from a long sleep and decided to order us around like we are all naughty schoolboys.

I do not accept that any owner/admin/mod has a divine right to impose their ego on this forum.

BFUSA says that we all own this forum. Obviously that view is not shared by others.

Wow wouldn't want you to ever live in a dictatorship!

There are rules.

There are mods who will enforce those rules. That's the job of a mod. Someone to moderate the forum discussions when they transgress the rules that are found at the top of the Forums. It's good to see that changes are afoot, been a while coming.

Those who don't like playing by the rules will cop punishment from the mods. Nothing wrong with that. All other forums I'm apart of work in the same fashion. Looking forward to it!

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Majority's post makes a lot of sense re a delete function mainly with respect to legal ramifications that could shut the site down before mods had the chance to intercept. Yes, unlikely if there are more mods more often but still a risk.

I sometimes edited posts due to typos and missing info due to posting on my phone as I normally do.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:A new beginning.

How good is that.. I can't wait to test out my new technical skills..

Brothers in Arms....onward we go
I love you bobmurray, always have allways will.

I was so hard on you because the love I showed was unrequited.

You spurned me, but I will forgive and give you a second chance.

Lets all learn to love

PEACE

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)