Forum Makeover - TOPIC RE-OPENED FOR REVIEW

The place to discuss issues with administrators and moderators. Suggestions welcome. All bans will be posted here and the banning appeals process will be held in this forum.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Forum Makeover

skeptic wrote:Vote 1 - BFUSA

As suggested, keep the ignore function.

Warm up period before ucan post

.....the ignore button is a must...then I don't have to read posts from the pest, the would be forum bully or the creep.....they know who they are

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

SS has lost so much ground in the Saints Media stakes it cant afford to have initiation periods and probationary limits

Get it open and out there, spread the word its being properly moderated by people who actually log on (as distinct from those who wait to hear theres a problem before bothering to visit)

One gets the distinct impression the current admin want it locked behind a login wall so they dont have to visit it as often. Stiff. You agree to be a mod you accept that youre gonna have to swing by most days...or at least know one of the mods is going to. Donnt wanna visit? Fine..pass the baton to someone who does. Trolls like the tool who caused problems last night would be put off much quicker if they knew there were active mods

True Sainters and Bigfooty both have admins who regularly visit..why is this place any different?

Great work BFUSA in getting the touchpaper lit!!!!!

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

saint66au wrote:SS has lost so much ground in the Saints Media stakes it cant afford to have initiation periods and probationary limits

Get it open and out there, spread the word its being properly moderated by people who actually log on (as distinct from those who wait to hear theres a problem before bothering to visit)

One gets the distinct impression the current admin want it locked behind a login wall so they dont have to visit it as often. Stiff. You agree to be a mod you accept that youre gonna have to swing by most days...or at least know one of the mods is going to. Donnt wanna visit? Fine..pass the baton to someone who does. Trolls like the tool who caused problems last night would be put off much quicker if they knew there were active mods

True Sainters and Bigfooty both have admins who regularly visit..why is this place any different?

You are the last person to ever comment on anything forum-related

You had a huge hand in ruining it with your favouritism when you were a Moderator

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:
saint66au wrote:SS has lost so much ground in the Saints Media stakes it cant afford to have initiation periods and probationary limits

You had a huge hand in ruining it with your favouritism when you were a Moderator
At least he had a presence. That's the key issue here.

I tweeted n1ck, who is listed as an admin of SS. He stated he hasn't been on SS for 2 years!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

I am still awaiting a response from Battye (who I believe has the keys to the site) and HSV and I have sent an SMS to Damo's dad. Hoping to hear from someone soon.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
saintly
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:I can recall a fundraiser that you had a part in BackFromUSA (dinner and raffle/auctions) where members of the forum attended with a representative from the club...may have also included
john beveridge as a guest speaker
I went to that fundraiser. - Chinese restaurant in Caulfield

shmic_s
Club Player

You have my full support BFUSA.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Support from me.

Please keep the ignore button so I dont have to read anything from any abusive troll

One other thing. Is it possible to ban multiple nics?

There is one clown on her with at least two nics (who actually talk to each othet).

Sure fire way to wreck a forum
Well pointed out shang err Joff err harry :lol: :lol:

Will the Saints ever have a quality midfield ?
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

I have had a response from Battye acknowledging that this site has not had the attention it deserved (we all get too busy at some stage) and I have repied to him with my desire to help and dedicate time, money and my web guy to get this place buzzing.

Thanks for all the initial support in this thread.

Fingers crossed we can move forward with this.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:I have had a response from Battye acknowledging that this site has not had the attention it deserved (we all get too busy at some stage) and I have repied to him with my desire to help and dedicate time, money and my web guy to get this place buzzing.

Thanks for all the initial support in this thread.

Fingers crossed we can move forward with this.

Well done. Do we all start on an even keel or I could be in trouble?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:

i hear you and have to agree...is that a first...??? :wink: :wink: ....looked after his toady smarmy mate too....who still thinks he can abuse any poster he doesn't agree with or tries to take him on...what a joke.....

being a mod around here is a thankless job...just ask krabby..the forum bullies got stuck into her to an extent none of the newcomers on here would believe possible...... that's the reason she still doesn't visit here that often....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

So its a thankless task but you abuse him for doing it. In court do you say not guilty and then give reasons why he is guilty?

BakesFan
SS Life Member

krabby is fine and in a happy place, stinger.....somewhere where she is both respected and valued.

Here's hoping a BfUSA team can make this place something she'd like to visit more often.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
stinger
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Support from me.

Please keep the ignore button so I dont have to read anything from any abusive troll

One other thing. Is it possible to ban multiple nics?

There is one clown on her with at least two nics (who actually talk to each othet).

Sure fire way to wreck a forum
Well pointed out shang err Joff err harry :lol: :lol:
if any prick on here is saying....and it looks like a couple are.... that i post on here using the nick harrym..then you are dead wrong...and just highlights the level of abuse and innuendo that i have been subjected to by a group on here who are nothing better than a rat pack..... they can't stand the thought that someone else on here migth find their abusive bullying behaviour distasteful and try to stick up for me......i repeat once and for all......i am not harrym...never have been...why the f*** would i bother to put these imbeciles on ignore then sign in under another nick just to reply to their usual inane offensive posts.......you would have to be joking......next person suggesting such rubbish will have their post reported...if i see it..to the mods...they would obviously know that that particular poster isn't me..... you guys are just creeps and not worth me giving you air or the time of day.... :roll: :roll: :roll: ....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

BakesFan wrote:krabby is fine and in a happy place, stinger.....somewhere where she is both respected and valued.

Here's hoping a BfUSA team can make this place something she'd like to visit more often.
glad to hear that mate....i also would think that would be a good outcome.....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:
chook23 wrote:I can recall a fundraiser that you had a part in BackFromUSA (dinner and raffle/auctions) where members of the forum attended with a representative from the club...may have also included
john beveridge as a guest speaker
I went to that fundraiser. - Chinese restaurant in Caulfield

i remember the occasion...had forgotten until i was reminded ....bfusa is one of the good guys

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Plugger66 - of course you are safe. Did you read about my idea re the ANIMAL ENCLOSURE (thanks Howlinwolf for the name suggestion) ... thought you might like the sound of that for some entertainment?!? Would love your feedback. You are a part of the fabric here ... and hopefully I can create a structure that will cater for ALL Saints fans.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:Plugger66 - of course you are safe. Did you read about my idea re the ANIMAL ENCLOSURE (thanks Howlinwolf for the name suggestion) ... thought you might like the sound of that for some entertainment?!? Would love your feedback. You are a part of the fabric here ... and hopefully I can create a structure that will cater for ALL Saints fans.

The first thing i would do is open it up for everyone and let people post and start discussions as soon as they join. To stop the crap that has happened over the last 2 days I would have as many sensible mods as possible. the only problem with that is consistancy when giving warnings and bans. Still better to have more mods and those issues than not have enough. Not sure about the animal enclosure but certainly worth a try. I would also get rid of that second forum. What ever it is called. And big topics about other clubs should be on the main forum. i think Essendope proves that. On the other forum it would have stopped after one page. I certainly wouldnt change to much. Everyone says this forum is now struggling but we have had many more threads starting this year than the last 2 years at the same time. Mods mods and mods will make this forum better. And a fraction more up to date with links to other saints sites and maybe some daily news on the saints.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Plugger66 ... thanks for your input. As with all input, I shall try to integrate the thoughts into an overall strategy.

I need to research how to secure an open forum from spam bots ... which is a problem that Battye fixed up ... nobody needs to see that style of spam morning, noon or night.

I am not sure if that is the reason we became a closed forum BUT it is my guess that it is ...

Re-opening the web page may help make the overall package more accessible. saintsational.com used to be a news and views site and the forum ran off the website entry.

These are tech issues that I shall leave for the techies to decide.

Overall I agree - we have to find a way to be more open to new members and interested parties.

By the way - why not PM me with who you think would make great mods.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Make Plugger a mod. :wink: Give him some responsibility

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

In principal I support what you are doing BFUSA but before I give you my complete support I need to know your thoughts on orange forum caps.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

This coup may not be as good as I first thought, if what I am reading is gospel, I may vote for the incumbents..

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti - orange forum caps are compulsory - nobody shall be allowed to post unless wearing one

on a serious note ... given that was just some humour ... I would dearly love to get some of the seriously talented Saints media people involved in the website side of things.

This is where Saintsational can become much more than it is today ...

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray - NOTHING is set in concrete - I am openly flagging ideas AND asking for feedback.

What is it that you don't like the sound of? Feel free to PM me or answer here.

We all have to respect opinions around here and I certainly do.