Request for appeal on behalf of True Believer.

The place to discuss issues with administrators and moderators. Suggestions welcome. All bans will be posted here and the banning appeals process will be held in this forum.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Request for appeal on behalf of True Believer.

Obviously, TB cannot post, so I am passing on his request as follows:

I am seeking to have my profile reinstated on SS.
I feel the banning was inherently unjust in it's nature, with absolutely no mechanism for debate.
I simply rehashed a VERY old joke to the current climate, following the lead of poster Spert, in commenting on a football matter. The idea that my comment in anyway advocated for violence towards anyone, as suggested by one notable poster, is ridiculous in the extreme. The post was not actually political, is was humour regarding a football matter, and the humour hinged on current affairs in Victoria.
I also notice that Spert has received no ban for the initial post to which I responded, and nor do I advocate that he/she should receive one. It appears that banning is a response simply to whether or not a post is reported. Given that there was no discussion about whether the post was deserving of a ban or not, or whether the reporting of it was frivolous or justified, this is a VERY slippery slope indeed. This weaponizes the reporting of posts. If I don't agree with your point of view, I report your post and no discussion is entered into. The report results in an immediate ban, and away we go. That is of course, unless there is specific politics or viewpoints that also inform the decision to ban?

I would think, or hope, that after many years on this forum that I have established a track record of being occasionally informative, sometimes amusing, mostly respectful, and halfway intelligent. I make no apology for occasionally ruffling some feathers, and do not pretend to have any time for rusted on cheerleader's from either end of the political spectrum, or for any cause for that matter. I have never found informed and intelligent ideas arise from those in the thrall of an extremist belief system. I am happy to be judged by my peers, as I understand the rules allow for. Hold a poll. If the majority vote me in, I stay. If the community itself does not want me, then I move on.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Re: Request for appeal on behalf of True Believer.

APPEALING A BAN

Bans will be listed in the Fan Forum. The banned poster can request an appeal process be started in the Administration Forum. If the administrators feel the appeal has any merit, it will be listed in the Administration Forum and promoted in Fan Forum to make the other members aware. The appeal will take the form of a POLL where members have the capability to vote anonymously to uphold or overturn the ban. For a ban to be overturned, a 2/3 majority against the ban must be achieved.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

OVERTURN
abolish, invalidate, or reverse (a previous system, decision, situation, etc.).
"the results overturned previous findings"

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

A vote yes from me

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Yes, overturn please.

nostalgicsaint
Club Player

Yes

Disclaimer: posts are my views and shouldn't be taken as fact, even if I am in fact right.