TRUE BELIEVER APPEAL PROCESS AND POLL

The place to discuss issues with administrators and moderators. Suggestions welcome. All bans will be posted here and the banning appeals process will be held in this forum.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

True Believer should be

Poll ended at Mon 06 Sep 2021 6:47pm

Permanently banned and not re-admitted at all
17%
Permanently banned BUT re-admitted under a new nic to start fresh
83%

Total votes: 41

Sanctorum
Club Player

Re: TRUE BELIEVER APPEAL PROCESS AND POLL

Post by Sanctorum »

BackFromUSA wrote: Thu 09 Sep 2021 10:42pm
Bit by bit we could debate each rule and alter it for the better or leave it.

We could also look again at what technological upgrades could be done to the site ... some I have proposed previously but were rejected.
Whilst I'm quite satisfied with the forum as it is now, it's probably not a bad idea for you to initiate a review of the rules just so that no one can ever accuse you again of being a dictator! Recent legal actions and decisions in regard to what people say on social media may well be another reason to look at how this forum is conducted.

Maybe leave it until December when there is not much footy talk going on, and simply start a new thread for each rule/issue to be discussed.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Post by skeptic »

Aaaah history

Barks4eva was the first really intense forumite I remember. Absolutely not a troll in any sense of the term and bled red, white and black…
Once he got fixated on GT though, those conversations dominated every thread on the board for like a year. I think this was mid-2006. Many scuffles were had… not least of which with me and after a while Barks just stopped posting.

He popped up again post the time when Richo was sacked and I remembered why I missed him so much. Out of the box thinking, passionate as they come and very interesting ideas. I ultimately sat on the same side of the fence as he in terms of preferred incoming

I know Barks still pops in from time to time so if you’re reading… HI :)
Start posting soon

Then a year or two later… goodness, it was the Axl era. Remember that. I reckon for a year straight Axl had the last comment on every thread across every forum here. Nothing provocative… just a comment that didn’t contribute to the discussion
That was pbly the most unreadable this place ever got… every thread turned into forumites getting frustrated with him whilst he feigned ignorance
Fortunately the great AOK spooked him and he sashayed away

Around this time as well was the soccer guy whose name I can’t remember. Just logged on and posted these huge soccer pics that threw the pages out of whack and then posted link after link for downloadable movies

If there’s anything to be thankful for it’s that neither of those two guys would get a guernsey today… both would have gotten band within a week whereas both reigned close together for like a year
Me thinks that was the time of the first great big exodus of the forum. Lost a lot of good forumites and pretty much all the semi-decent opposition posters we had too.

Then of course there was the plugger era.
This was tricky because old plugger was a Saint through and through. And when he actually stopped his schtick, one could have some very interesting discussions with him but he was just so omnipresent and needled people for soooo long this place became tiresome.
The second exodus happened over these years

Peace and less activity reigned for a while until the great Ted/Parkey and Stone Cold, Pelican and there 5-10 different incarnations hit the board around 2-3 years ago.
IMO this was one of the nastier eras as these guys frequently claimed to know more, peddled crap and put down anyone and everyone that said otherwise. They… along with a few others contributed to the demise of almost all other ITKs beyond Toni, all of which just got tired of being attacked for sharing.
The most frustrating thing of all however was to see them get a new nic, give themselves away with old tricks then feign ignorance and pay victim.
IIRC, this also included the time when they both, along with a number of other forumites, tried to utilise the urban dictionary to get a number forumites expelled. Frequent accusations of their detractors that they were using some smut term… though I never once saw anyone use the term in the way suggested.

Things settled a lot once that era was dusted.

Now we’ve kind of gone into the referential era… there aren’t really any ongoing direct spats anymore. Rather there are feuds that just continue through references/digs that get dropped into random posts.
As recent threads have shown… a number of forumites feel harassed and unable to stand up for themselves from the smaller number of perpetuators.

Don’t know what the answer is… but I don’t miss the 10 years ago problems

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Post by Dis Believer »

skeptic wrote: Fri 10 Sep 2021 6:38pm Aaaah history

Barks4eva was the first really intense forumite I remember.
Classic. Barks was a muso (so clearly a good bloke), but was also obsessed with Michael RIx (Rix Rox Rux anyone... :lol: )

The pick of the B4E stories for mine was the occasion that he managed to crash the coaches box at the Dome pre-game, armed with pages of ruck stats for GT. The only problem was that he crashed the wrong box - it was the opposition coaches box!!

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Post by The Fireman »

brought back some memories there :)

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Post by asiu »

he told me to go 'n get effed
and that he wasn't talking to me
until i stopped eating animals

thus ended a lovely relationship

and AOK
was the first i remember pointing out how
social media was being used to divide us

(whilst appearing to unite us)

he was/is a wise boy as well

what about Joffa Burns ?

can we sweep that affair under the mat
in any way

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Wayne42
SS Life Member

Post by Wayne42 »

Dis Believer wrote: Fri 10 Sep 2021 7:10pm
skeptic wrote: Fri 10 Sep 2021 6:38pm Aaaah history

Barks4eva was the first really intense forumite I remember.
Classic. Barks was a muso (so clearly a good bloke), but was also obsessed with Michael RIx (Rix Rox Rux anyone... :lol: )

The pick of the B4E stories for mine was the occasion that he managed to crash the coaches box at the Dome pre-game, armed with pages of ruck stats for GT. The only problem was that he crashed the wrong box - it was the opposition coaches box!!
barks was a muso, i'd imagine he played the organ, often.

I don't know what the St Kilda Football Club is good at, it certainly isn't football.
HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

Post by HardSaint »

BackFromUSA wrote: Sat 04 Sep 2021 12:34am If I wanted you gone - you would be gone! I have the means.
but there's global opinion to take into consideration Bibi, dont nuke Gaza just yet
wait till they're all looking away