Thought this might be a good way to help out some of the players that have less experience, all the real competitive players can keep their smokies to themselves if they want but this is a thread for those players that every team will have and you're shooting yourself in the foot if you don't have them from round one. Michael Barlow from last year for example.
So far I have...
1. Andrew Krakouer (Coll) - every man and his dog is going to have Krakouer this season and if he is going to be as good as it is currently looking like he will be you will be kicking yourself if you don't get him at the round one price. If he doesn't go so great atleast he should still get games and go up in value at least somewhat... if he is a dud of epic proportions at least everyone else is in the same boat.
2. Cameron Richardson (NM) - Mature age recruit who has had an awesome pre-season, already the best runner at North and is a proven ball magnet, cheap as and should prove to be a keeper.
3. Trent Coad (Gold Coast) - Guaranteed to play every game that he is fit. The 27 year old has been around for years but has never managed to crack it into the AFL and this year is his chance. Keep in mind that he will not be a fantastic scorer. He will probably peak at an average of around 50 but sometimes it's best to have an emergency that you can just forget about, will go up in value enough for when you want to upgrade to that premium and should be in the side every week should you ever need an emergency.
4. Shaun Higgins (Bulldogs) - The guy is a gun and has had his best pre-season yet. Even when he has been injury riddled he has still managed to be a pretty good fantasy performer.
5. At LEAST 5 Gold Coast Emergancies!!!
Every coach will probably want to pick a different set but at the moment my list is -
Coad, Seb Tape, Bennell, Swallow, Harris, Danny Stanley.
ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!