MRP

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

MRP

SEN were talking about 4 weeks to Tom Mitchell if considered intentional - 2 weeks if reckless - result a fine
SEN were talking about how long for Burton - NFA.

James Sicily has been referred directly to the tribunal for Serious Mixcinduct

Can we change our colours to Yellow and Brown???

When was the last time we were treated so lightly at the MRP???

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
takeaway
Club Player

Re: MRP

I thought the results were fair enough. Have not seen Sicily incident.

Mitchell's little elbow was more a gesture than a wack - hence a fine, Burton really did not do anything wrong - head clash was bad luck.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote:I thought the results were fair enough. Have not seen Sicily incident.

Mitchell's little elbow was more a gesture than a wack - hence a fine, Burton really did not do anything wrong - head clash was bad luck.
So when it happens this weekend at junior footy - you will be okay with the 'gesture' that made Goldy wobble - Okay then!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
takeaway
Club Player

Mitchell was fined. As Goldy said, it was a fly tap, and he was just put off balance, not a wobble due to a hard wack. A fine to say it is not on was appropriate imo. I am not condoning it, but hardly worth suspension.

older saint
SS Life Member

Didn't expect Mitchell to go, however thought Burton was goner.

My understanding was if you had another option rather than bumping and you elected to bump if you go the player int he head , regardless if accident or not , you were gone. Higgins had the ball therefore shouldn't he have had the option to tackle?

portosaint
Club Player

older saint wrote:Didn't expect Mitchell to go, however thought Burton was goner.

My understanding was if you had another option rather than bumping and you elected to bump if you go the player int he head , regardless if accident or not , you were gone. Higgins had the ball therefore shouldn't he have had the option to tackle?
Thats the rule isn't it? Like it or not, he should have a case to answer. In saying that, the AFL haven't helped this situation. How many blokes run around out there with little or no awareness these days? Its scary

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

older saint wrote:Didn't expect Mitchell to go, however thought Burton was goner.

The new interpretation is that if you have no 'intent' to cause damage then you have no case to answer and the repercussions of the action are therefore not relevant.

― Aristophanes

St. Paul
Club Player

A "little elbow". What on earth is that? The most dangerous act in the game. Maybe he didn't connect too well, but it was enough to make a 200cm, 105 kg man wobble at the knees. Elbowing is a dog act and should be punished with suspension, even if it is only an attempt.

"For when I am powerless, then I am strong."
St. Paul
Club Player

A "little elbow". What on earth is that? The most dangerous act in the game. Maybe he didn't connect too well, but it was enough to make a 200cm, 105 kg man wobble at the knees. Elbowing is a dog act and should be punished with suspension, even if it is only an attempt.

"For when I am powerless, then I am strong."
stonecold
SS Life Member

St. Paul wrote:A "little elbow". What on earth is that? The most dangerous act in the game. Maybe he didn't connect too well, but it was enough to make a 200cm, 105 kg man wobble at the knees. Elbowing is a dog act and should be punished with suspension, even if it is only an attempt.
Still double posting Drake?????

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Two really bad decisions

takeaway
Club Player

St. Paul wrote:A "little elbow". What on earth is that? The most dangerous act in the game. Maybe he didn't connect too well, but it was enough to make a 200cm, 105 kg man wobble at the knees. Elbowing is a dog act and should be punished with suspension, even if it is only an attempt.

A "little elbow" is an elbow that is smaller than a "big elbow"

CarlD
Club Player

Mitchell jumped at Goldstein to make the contact with an elbow - hmmmm. May not have been a heavy knock but surely such an action was intentional and should have merited a suspension.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

They were never going to suspend Mitchell. He is 2nd favourite for the Brownlow.

If someone like Ben Long did that he would have got 1-2 weeks.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
degruch
Saintsational Legend

SEN are hysterical...even still, Hawks and Roos would be very happy with the outcome, the Roos moreso because they offloaded Thomas!

stonecold
SS Life Member

Most dangerous act in the game????? Overstating it a little!!!!!

Nothing too much in it really, if we weren't playing the hawks this week, no one on this forum would even care, move on, nothing to see here!!!!!

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote:

Nothing too much in it really, if we weren't playing the hawks this week, no one on this forum would even care, move on, nothing to see here!!!!!
Unless the little elbow is to the temple - or say the soft tissue at the base of the skull - then it could be considered quite dangerous - Ummmm - where was Tom Mitchell aiming again???

― Aristophanes

stonecold
SS Life Member

Sainter_Dad wrote:
takeaway wrote:I thought the results were fair enough. Have not seen Sicily incident.

So when it happens this weekend at junior footy - you will be okay with the 'gesture' that made Goldy wobble - Okay then!
If it happens at jnr level, that comes back to lack of parenting and coaching I would think!!!!!

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Yep; That ex filth player is piss weak and not up to the job.

stonecold
SS Life Member

Sainter_Dad wrote:
stonecold wrote:

Unless the little elbow is to the temple - or say the soft tissue at the base of the skull - then it could be considered quite dangerous - Ummmm - where was Tom Mitchell aiming again???
How does anyone know where he was aiming?????

It's all about what happened not what could of, if, buts and maybe's don't count when sentencing/judging someone's actions!!!!!

takeaway
Club Player

I'm surprised Goldy & Mitchell shook hands after the game. The "elbow" was more of a handshake than a hit, so they had already shaken hands during the game.

Nothing in it, move on.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

What about the Norf guy who went to hospital?

Michael Not Very Christian is a deadset fuckstick no suspending the bump man. Should be sacked ASAP

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
minneapolis
Club Player

takeaway wrote:

I think it is two different types of pasta.

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
minneapolis
Club Player

takeaway wrote:

I think it is two different types of pasta.

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
Superboot
SS Hall of Fame

parkeysainter wrote:They were never going to suspend Mitchell. He is 2nd favourite for the Brownlow.

If someone like Ben Long did that he would have got 1-2 weeks.
Steve Baker would have got 7 weeks