Players tell Richo his game plan sux.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kalsaint
Club Player

Re: Players tell Richo his game plan sux.

parkeysainter wrote:I think a similar kind of thing happened with Sydney and Hawthorn. Coaches and players identified some problems with the game plans they were running with and they turned things around very quickly.
Don't think North Melbourne believed this for a minute.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

Ape_Man wrote:That is hard to quantify Mbogo.

AFL players are judged harshly. For the most part they are very young men.

Most captains are in their mid to late 20's. At that age it isn't easy to express a differing opinion to an intimidating coaching panel. Let alone an opinion that would be taken seriously.

I don't know how old you are Mbogo, but when I was in my 20's I wouldn't have had the balls to tell my superiors that they were wrong.

Which, for me, makes what the team may have done even more pertinent. They had the belief to tell their superiors that they were wrong and that as a team they were ready to take on the best.
That is all true and the performance shows us that many demonstrated a real maturity last week. Here's hoping it continues!
While many on here and at games have been negative (one reason people are not turning up) I think Saturday really turned people around. Perhaps a new optimism was born. One OLD TIMER near us shouted out "It's the WIZARD!" (referring to him looking like Nicky Winmar) - when Long kicked that goal - after bagging the players ALL DAY up to that point.
I REALLY hope so - because I really want another St Kilda Premiership in this lifetime! As a young child I vaguely remember the last one and all those missed opportunities in between.

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
Ape_Man
Club Player

mbogo wrote:
That is all true and the performance shows us that many demonstrated a real maturity last week. Here's hoping it continues!
While many on here and at games have been negative (one reason people are not turning up) I think Saturday really turned people around. Perhaps a new optimism was born. One OLD TIMER near us shouted out "It's the WIZARD!" (referring to him looking like Nicky Winmar) - when Long kicked that goal - after bagging the players ALL DAY up to that point.
I REALLY hope so - because I really want another St Kilda Premiership in this lifetime! As a young child I vaguely remember the last one and all those missed opportunities in between.
I am absolutely with you on that.

Let’s hope the team builds off that performance.