Carlisle free kick

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Re: Carlisle free kick

saynta wrote:
philtee wrote:A bit of an old-fashioned coathanger, but umpire was on wrong side to see it, and well disguised by Davis.

Rubbish.
Philtee has a good case, Saynta. It appears Davis was positioned in a way that may have blindsided the umpire. Just our luck! :(

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
CURLY wrote:Just blatant cheating no other explanation. To the clowns saying he should have marked it pull your heads out your arse. Throw in when Gilbert copped s push in the back as he kicked and we were running into a open goal and they took it back. Taking a set shot off Hickey as well shows they cheat.
Why did they take the set shot off Hickey?
Push and shove only to ignore similar after McCartin marked .

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Vazelos
Club Player

Free Kick but in normal motion not as easy to see...
Gut wrenching!!!

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

I didn’t pick a free in real time or the first replay.

From a different angle, probably there, but hard for the ump to pick.
Last edited by SydneySainter on Sat 21 Apr 2018 7:54pm, edited 1 time in total.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
CURLY wrote:Just blatant cheating no other explanation. To the clowns saying he should have marked it pull your heads out your arse. Throw in when Gilbert copped s push in the back as he kicked and we were running into a open goal and they took it back. Taking a set shot off Hickey as well shows they cheat.
I think because Blake Acres pushed his opponent away who was backing into him. He pushed him in the back. An incorrect decision in my view. It happens around packs 50 times a game and umpires do not pay it. The action had no impact on the player's ability to go for the ball. In fact, he was shepherding when the ball was not within 5 metres - also something that happens 50 times a game. That's how I saw it at the game anyway, maybe the TV picked up something worse.

portosaint
Club Player

perfectionist wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
I think because Blake Acres pushed his opponent away who was backing into him. He pushed him in the back. An incorrect decision in my view. It happens around packs 50 times a game and umpires do not pay it. The action had no impact on the player's ability to go for the ball. In fact, he was shepherding when the ball was not within 5 metres - also something that happens 50 times a game. That's how I saw it at the game anyway, maybe the TV picked up something worse.
That was a really poor call

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Probably was, but at the time didn’t look like it.

Thought he should’ve clunked it. For the first time this season they never looked out of it, even when they were down.

Had a crack

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Was at the game at that end. Was a mess of players and chaotic given the scores. Would be a brave ump to pay the free. Live it didn’t look as obvious as the replays but was still there.

We shyte canned the maggots as they went off. Poor game by them.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Free kick every day of the week, would definitely have been paid had it been Cameron on the receiving end. A very poorly umpired game, the umpires were determined to have an influence.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

This.

But having said that I have no idea why they took the mark off Hickey.

Can anyone enlighten me.

portosaint
Club Player

saynta wrote:
This.

Can anyone enlighten me.
I don't think so. It was that bad of a call

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:
saynta wrote:
philtee wrote:A bit of an old-fashioned coathanger, but umpire was on wrong side to see it, and well disguised by Davis.

Rubbish.
Philtee has a good case, Saynta. It appears Davis was positioned in a way that may have blindsided the umpire. Just our luck! :(
Okay, but I hate giving maggots the benifit of the doubt.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
This.

Can anyone enlighten me.
A little bit of push and shove that had absolutely no effect on the game whatsoever...until the umps decided it should. That cost us a goal, so did calling back Gilbert push, and of course the final unpaid free to Carlisle...all absolute howlers. We couldn't buy holding the ball all day, despite the GWS players blatantly taking on the tackler time and again, and pulling the ball under when on the ground. Conversely, our forwards in particular could be tackled quite freely before taking possession, and Ross was held at about 50% of the clearances he attended. Really lousy effort from the maggots today.
Last edited by degruch on Sat 21 Apr 2018 8:07pm, edited 1 time in total.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

If you have a look at the replay, the ump is completely on the wrong side to see that.

Mind you, he was calling play on before contact was even made.

Cabbage.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
saynta wrote:
This.

Can anyone enlighten me.
A little bit of push and shove that had absolutely no effect on the game whatsoever...until the umps decided it should. That cost us a goal, so did calling back Gilbert push, and of course the final unpaid free to Carlisle...all absolute howlers. We couldn't buy holding the ball all day, despite the GWS players blatantly taking on the tackler time and again, and pulling the ball under when on the ground. Conversely, our forwards in particular could be tackled quite freely before taking possession, and Ross was held at about 50% of the clearances he attended. Really lousy effort from the maggots today.
+ 1.

Was I mistaken, but was there a free spud to GWS in the second quarter after one his team mates took him out?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
I’m not sure if that’s a rhetorical question, but I was at the game and listening to 3AW and they were less than helpful.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
degruch
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
degruch wrote:
saynta wrote:
This.

Can anyone enlighten me.
+ 1.

Was I mistaken, but was there a free spud to GWS in the second quarter after one his team mates took him out?
YES! I forgot about that...grrr.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:If you have a look at the replay, the ump is completely on the wrong side to see that.

Mind you, he was calling play on before contact was even made.

Cabbage.
Correct bigred......

was there...ump called play on for dropped mark.....contact then made....ump should of then made a 2nd decision to pay the high contact....elected not to......ump made a mistake......NO DOUBT

saint4life
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
saynta wrote:

Rubbish.
Okay, but I hate giving maggots the benifit of the doubt.
We all saw it was high from the second level.

What's the point of having 3 main umpires (7 if you include boundary umpires)?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
degruch wrote:
saynta wrote:
This.

Can anyone enlighten me.
+ 1.

YES! I forgot about that...grrr.
:twisted:

saynta
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
saynta wrote:
This.

Can anyone enlighten me.

Glad you have posted that. If I did some self confessed bogan would call me a moron.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:
portosaint wrote:I didnt see much wrong with it. He got a clean slap on the ball after Jake spilt it. I was more disappointed he didnt clunk it. So was he
Seriously?
Yes seriously. He missed the mark!
Why show an image after the event?
Last edited by Bernard Shakey on Sat 21 Apr 2018 9:33pm, edited 1 time in total.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

portosaint wrote:Yeah that looks bad. The umps don't get freeze frame, and in the flesh I didnt notice. We could probably go through the tape and pick about 20 out the same
You didn’t notice it but I did. My previous comment was based PURELY on what I saw. No freezframe / replay / radio commentary.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Yes he missed the mark. It still should have been a free.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
The Recruit
Club Player

It wasn’t that he was on the wrong side it was that he was gutless. Razor would have paid it