Do we Do Goey?????

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

DJ Higgins
Club Player

Re: Do we Do Goey?????

minneapolis wrote:It is pretty obvious that his manager is using the rumour of De Goey to the Saints to up his final price to Collingwood.
agree. He won't go and we are just upping his cost if at all. Long season to go.

stonecold
SS Life Member

takeaway wrote:
St. Paul wrote:
takeaway wrote:
St. Paul wrote:Struggling, Con. Injuries and attitude. Thank goodness they refused to trade him to us. Elshaug was extremely keen on him. Happy to give up an early pick for him. Looks like we dodged a bullet there.
St P you seem to know a bit about the opinions of Elshaug & Co - were you ever in the recruiting game?
It was common knowledge at the time, takeaway. It was widely reported in the media that we were, firstly in drafting him, but the dopers got him with a pick just before us. We had another crack two years later. Again, reported in the media, with Elshaug stating he'd like to get him. Typically, the dopers wanted too much and it didn't go ahead.

A mention of Elshaug and you claim I know a lot about his opinions. How odd. Plenty on here have mentioned him, but you haven't passed comment on them. A very, very long bow to draw in my case. I just pay attention to what's in the media about the saints. Do the same and I'm sure your footy knowledge will improve.

In order to still your beating heart, the answer to your inquiry is, unfortunately, no. From the week or so I've been on here, I've formed the impression you're a bit of a baiter. in fact, I reckon you're a master of the art. :mrgreen:
I can recall quite a few posters mentioning Elshaug, quite a bit and especially negatively, but I think most are now ex posters. I thought you may have had similar experience in regards to recruitment. I guess not.
I rarely take much notice of what's in the media about the Saints, as it is usually inaccurate. Prefer first hand knowledge.
I actually thought Brother St.Paul was a former poster reincarnated whom had claimed to work for Bevo in the past. Obviously not, going by he's/her response to my question and the fact they have now blocked me. My mistake apparently, so he/she has not working in recruiting at all, but has very strong uneducated opinions on the subject, interesting!!!!!

Anyway, so he/she is not DH, at least we know that now!!!!!

Pretty sad that a new poster would tag you a baiter then, based on being a forum member for just a week!!!!!
Last edited by stonecold on Thu 26 Apr 2018 10:07am, edited 1 time in total.

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

DJ Higgins wrote:
minneapolis wrote:It is pretty obvious that his manager is using the rumour of De Goey to the Saints to up his final price to Collingwood.
agree. He won't go and we are just upping his cost if at all. Long season to go.
Agree.
We are the go to team for player managers trying to up a contract.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

stonecold wrote:
takeaway wrote:
St. Paul wrote:
takeaway wrote:
St. Paul wrote:Struggling, Con. Injuries and attitude. Thank goodness they refused to trade him to us. Elshaug was extremely keen on him. Happy to give up an early pick for him. Looks like we dodged a bullet there.
St P you seem to know a bit about the opinions of Elshaug & Co - were you ever in the recruiting game?
It was common knowledge at the time, takeaway. It was widely reported in the media that we were, firstly in drafting him, but the dopers got him with a pick just before us. We had another crack two years later. Again, reported in the media, with Elshaug stating he'd like to get him. Typically, the dopers wanted too much and it didn't go ahead.

A mention of Elshaug and you claim I know a lot about his opinions. How odd. Plenty on here have mentioned him, but you haven't passed comment on them. A very, very long bow to draw in my case. I just pay attention to what's in the media about the saints. Do the same and I'm sure your footy knowledge will improve.

In order to still your beating heart, the answer to your inquiry is, unfortunately, no. From the week or so I've been on here, I've formed the impression you're a bit of a baiter. in fact, I reckon you're a master of the art. :mrgreen:
I can recall quite a few posters mentioning Elshaug, quite a bit and especially negatively, but I think most are now ex posters. I thought you may have had similar experience in regards to recruitment. I guess not.
I rarely take much notice of what's in the media about the Saints, as it is usually inaccurate. Prefer first hand knowledge.
I actually thought Brother St.Paul was a former poster reincarnated whom had claimed to work for Bevo in the past. Obviously not, going by he's/her response to my question and the fact they have now blocked me. My mistake apparently, so he/she has not working in recruiting at all, but has very strong uneducated opinions on the subject, interesting!!!!!

Pretty sad that a new poster would tag you a baiter then, based on being a forum member for just a week!!!!!
I thought the Huggins stand had come down!! :)

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
takeaway
Club Player

stonecold wrote:
takeaway wrote:
St. Paul wrote:
takeaway wrote:

Yes, for an apparent newbie of just a week, St P has taken to the forum like a Drake to water, putting you on ignore, and tagging me a baiter with only a couple of posts over the last week. Still, he/she has no recruiting experience, so knows no more than anyone else who reads the media.

Anyway, re De Goey, I agree there is a very small chance of getting him, but would be a great get if it could be achieved.

stonecold
SS Life Member

takeaway wrote:
stonecold wrote:
takeaway wrote:
St. Paul wrote:
takeaway wrote:

Yes, for an apparent newbie of just a week, St P has taken to the forum like a Drake to water, putting you on ignore, and tagging me a baiter with only a couple of posts over the last week. Still, he/she has no recruiting experience, so knows no more than anyone else who reads the media.

Anyway, re De Goey, I agree there is a very small chance of getting him, but would be a great get if it could be achieved.
Yes indeed, he would be the De Goey!!!!!

Gold statement by you, however I think you meant 'Duck'!!!!! :lol:

St. Paul
Club Player

takeaway wrote:
stonecold wrote:
takeaway wrote:
St. Paul wrote:
takeaway wrote:

Pity I didn't have you both on ignore, but then again, I would've missed the master baiters' peculiar obsessions. I hope you two realise, nobody really cares about anything you or I post, nor does it make a sliver of difference to anything of importance, but the dull and boring simply can't grasp that. What interesting lives you two must lead. I don't want you to feel left out, takeaway, so like any sensible person, I'm cutting you out of my life. Takeaway is bad for your health, don't you know?

"For when I am powerless, then I am strong."
asiu
Saintsational Legend

awwwwww
hang on

i'm interested !!!!

:)

ahhhhhhh

vent exploration , would seem to be required at this time ,
to settle the matter once and for all , beyond all reasonable doubt , etc etc

personally though , i think Drake is apt and appropriate given context

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

a duck is a hen
a drake is not a duck

stonecold
SS Life Member

asiu wrote:a duck is a hen
a drake is not a duck
Yes, I know, however, I've been advised not to use the other D word, so I'm behaving!!!!!

asiu
Saintsational Legend

well

best u change your signature to

'Cause Backfromthe50's Said So !!!!'

stonecold
SS Life Member

asiu wrote:well

best u change your signature to

'Cause Backfromthe50's Said So !!!!'
:lol:

asiu
Saintsational Legend

:P

not that i'm tryn to sell u on the idea
(much)
or lead u into temptation
(much)

but
it would look all nice 'n official ,
in red
with some biggish letters
and appropriately sized screamers

Linton Street Saint
Club Player

Nah, why would we possibly want this bloke. :roll:

congorozides
Club Player

De Goey is so much better than Billings it isnt funny.

stonecold
SS Life Member

Bump!!!!!

SuperDuper
Club Player

not a chance Pies let him go

they will get Wells and Mayne contracts ending soon... and if they have to they will backend a long contract

saintbob
SS Life Member

He'll use us and every other club as bargaining tools for a massive contract just like Fyfe and Kelly did.

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

North Melbourne have made an aggressive $5 million offer for Collingwood midfielder Jordan De Goey.

The starting offer is for $1 million a year for five years for the young out-of-contract Pies star.

St Kilda have also made an offer close to North’s position.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/nor ... 4zo1s.html

Always loyal
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

1 million a year. That is crazy.

If he went to the Saints, he would be our highest paid player.

Glad the club is trying to get players in though. We seem like being very aggressive this year and similar to North. Its a start.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

parkeysainter wrote: Wed 27 Jun 2018 3:37pm 1 million a year. That is crazy.

If he went to the Saints, he would be our highest paid player.

Glad the club is trying to get players in though. We seem like being very aggressive this year and similar to North. Its a start.
Quite frankly - given his output this year (and pretty much when he's actually played) vs the output of our players - I think that would be an adequate representation of a fair pay scale . Possibly Jack Steven could be deemed to be ahead of him but unlikely. De Goey is a jet - out and out star in the making. A much better version of Petracca.

The Pies won't be letting him go anyway - this whole thing is moot. They need him to work given they had a bust with Freeman in the draft before De Goey. Luckily for those pricks, Sharenberg is also starting to work out - it was almost curtains for him at one stage too.

Go you red, black & white warriors
SinCitySainter
Club Player

I would think a mill a year is over the top particularly considering up until this year he has been purely potential and not shown a great deal.
Had a great year so far but would not think he is better than a 700K player.

If North are offering a mill Collingwood may struggle to match it and the difference may be significant enough to make it tempting.
They will particularly struggle to match the money if they are still chasing Lynch who will cost about 1.2m a year.

I don't think we should be offering 1m a year though unless it is for a full time midfielder such as Fyfe or Kelly.
De Goey is only going to be 50% mid and 50% forward so not for me at that price.
Last edited by SinCitySainter on Wed 27 Jun 2018 7:05pm, edited 1 time in total.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

As if players aren't overpriced enough! Once again well done Nth Melb, the masters of ridiculous offers.

It all started with The Bulldogs' Tom Boyd idiocy, Pick 4, a gun mid and then a million dollar salary for a kid who had played less than 10 non eventful games. Then Nth get right on the front foot offering Kelly a ridiculously insane deal and failing. Now they're trying it on with DeGoey.

The inflation of player values is down to those 2 Clubs.

If the Bulldogs and Nth get themselves into trouble over the next few years, f**k them, let them fold!

In this climate, if anyone wants Billings, 2 top 10s thanks or f**k off.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote: Wed 27 Jun 2018 5:34pm As if players aren't overpriced enough! Once again well done Nth Melb, the masters of ridiculous offers.

It all started with The Bulldogs' Tom Boyd idiocy, Pick 4, a gun mid and then a million dollar salary for a kid who had played less than 10 non eventful games. Then Nth get right on the front foot offering Kelly a ridiculously insane deal and failing. Now they're trying it on with DeGoey.

The inflation of player values is down to those 2 Clubs.

If the Bulldogs and Nth get themselves into trouble over the next few years, f**k them, let them fold!

In this climate, if anyone wants Billings, 2 top 10s thanks or f**k off.
Nice.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Recruit two players for 500k and maximise your value for money and keep team harmony and avoid resentment of the messiah from a young and developing list. Just got a question mark over whether our club has the culture to support a marquee player that isn't quite a marquee player. Tom Boyd anyone?